Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,991 members, 7,810,766 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? (34906 Views)

Is There Any Biblical Prophecy About Rise Of Islam? / New Dead Sea Scrolls In Israel Reveals Fragments Of Biblical Prophets (Pics) / Hating Christians Is Fulfilment Of The Scripture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 9:43pm On Mar 06, 2022
greatness77:
CHRIST IS the one dat will confirm d covenant as he clearly stated in matt 22 vs 20, d first covnt was during abraham(LAW) when animals are used as sacrifice And d second covnt was during Christ(GRACE) When he used himself as sacrifice since den d believers stoped usin animals for atonment of sin, i once ague like u until i repented

Lol, I am having a good laugh here.

Daniel 9 v 27
27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven. In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. "AND" at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.

So what you are telling us in Daniel 9 v 27 is this;
1. Christ is the one that will have a covenant with many for just 7 years
2. In the middle of the seven years, Christ will stop the daily sacrifice
3. The the "HE" after the "AND" represents the ruler of the people that will set up the abomination of desolation in the temple?

Does this make sense at all to you? cheesy cheesy cheesy

So the first two "HEs" in Daniel 9 v 27 refers to Christ, but the final "HE" after the "AND" represents another person altogether?

Buhahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 9:49pm On Mar 06, 2022
greatness77:
29ce was when he was baptized and bcom messiah

But 29 CE is the 69 x 7 (483 years) counting from 455 BC according to your time line. The anointed one is expected to be cutoff at the end of 69 weeks....so why are we talking about baptism here instead of crucifixion?
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by greatness77: 9:49pm On Mar 06, 2022
[quote author=OkCornel post=110808712]

Lol, I am having a good laugh here.

Daniel 9 v 27
27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven. In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. "AND" at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.

So what you are telling us in Daniel 9 v 27 is this;
1. Christ is the one that will have a covenant with many for just 7 years
2. In the middle of the seven years, Christ will stop the daily sacrifice
3. The the "HE" after the "AND" represents the ruler of the people that will set up the abomination of desolation in the temple?

Does this make sense at all to you? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Since u refused to acept then tell me who daniel is refering in his prophecy? Im waiting
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 9:52pm On Mar 06, 2022
skybeauty:

If what you are saying is the truth, then you have no business being Christian. Because according to your understanding of the scripture Judaism is the true Religion spoken of by Christ in the Bible. Of course, this view is incorrect because Christ made away with the old covenant and installed the new in its place. Only the Catholic Church represents the New and Everlasting Covenant effected in the blood of Jesus by which you even have a hope of salvation. St Paul said “though the children of Israel be like the sands of the earth, only a remnant shall be saved” why? Because they rejected Jesus who is supposed to be their salvation.

You speak of being brainwashed as a Catholic? I believe we are all matured and can now think for ourselves unlike those days our parents dragged us to morning mass and block rosary. Now can you look at my write ups a second time and tell me sincerely whether all I have said bears any trappings of one who is mind controlled or deceived. I have independently investigated the Catholic Faith, I mean what the Church truly teaches and believes and not the scandals of today and I have discovered that it is indeed the true Church Jesus founded on earth to continue His salvific work. Although it is currently facing serious challenges from scandalous priests.

As you go down to history, all these other churches disappears until you get to a point in history where we have only one Church, the. Catholic Church. We find the predecessors of the Popes having direct link with the Apostles of Christ. You find that whatever they wrote was as they were taught by the Apostles. No other church can boast of that link with the Apostles. That is why the Catholic Church is called Apostolic.
St Ignatius of Antioch received his teachings on the Holy Eucharist directly from St John the Apostle who wrote the Revelation. He maintained that St Johns Gospel Chapter 6 is literal. St Clement of Rome was a disciple of St Paul and he later became the 5th Pope of the Catholic Church. He was also mentioned in one of Paul’s letters. The Bible most of you are relying on came from the Catholic Church. In the Council of Hippo the Church compiled the various books of the old and New Testament and named the collection “Holy Bible”. The Catholic Church arranged the Bible into Chapters and verses of which most Churches blindly quote out of context in a bid to attack the Catholic Faith. The Church preserved civilization during the dark ages and made sure future generation doesn’t remain in the Stone Age. I will give you an example to prove to you that Revelation 11 is talking about the Catholic Church. You will find two witnesses spoken about dressed in “sack cloth” who will be preaching during the end of days. They are illustrious Catholic monks of the species of St Patrick that evangelized Europe. Monks like St Patrick of Ireland, St Vincent Ferrer will arise in the last days to combat the errors of the anti christ. The Benedictine monks dress in “sack cloth”. How many pastors or reverend do you find today homeless, spending their whole lives in secluded places and dressed in sack clothes? We only have deceivers in suit duping unsuspecting members of the public in the name of miracles. Catholic monks takes vow of Virginity and poverty which is called the evangelical counsel. We have the Hermits who spend all their days in the bush praying for the world. They also dress in sack cloths. You also find that the 144000 first fruits of salvation were described as virgins who never had any sexual relation with women. This refers to all those priests and monks who were faithful to their vow of virginity, chastity and poverty and died in that state. They are the first fruits of Our Lord’s salvation. There are many more examples indicating that the Catholic Church is the true Christian Church on earth. I am not brainwashed, these are my independent convictions.

My dear, Please I'm still awaiting your answer to the question in Revelation 11 v 1-2; and my apologies if I missed it -

Revelation 11 v 1-2;
1. I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers.
2. But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.

Please where is this holy city located?

Because reading further down that chapter, verse 8 already gives the hint;

Revelation 11 v 7-8;
7 Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them.
8 Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified.

Who is Revelation 11 v 8 referring to? and where was he crucified?
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 9:58pm On Mar 06, 2022
[quote author=greatness77 post=110808861][/quote]

Daniel is referring to the man of lawlessness in Daniel 9 v 27. The same person in 2 Thessalonians 2 v 1-4;

Daniel 9 v 27

2 Thessalonians 2 v 1-4;
1.Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters,
2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us
whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letterasserting that the day of the Lord has already come.
3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for THAT DAY WILL NOT COME UNTIL the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.
4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up IN GOD’S TEMPLE, proclaiming himself to be God.

You sef think am nau. How will Daniel 9 v 27 make the use of the pronoun "HE" for two different people in one same verse? Haba!!!

And how on earth is Christ's covenant with the believers last for just 7 years?

1 Like

Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by greatness77: 10:06pm On Mar 06, 2022
[quote author=OkCornel post=110809046]

Daniel is referring to the man of lawlessness in Daniel 9 v 27. The same person in 2 Thessalonians 2 v 1-4;

Daniel 9 v 27

2 Thessalonians 2 v 1-4;
1.Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, [color=#990000]we ask you, brothers and sisters, u are seriously contradicting yourself
But before u told me 70weeks(490yrs) have past so how come u are making it future event now?
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 10:10pm On Mar 06, 2022
[quote author=greatness77 post=110809225][/quote]

Where on this thread did I say 490 years is a future event?!

I said it's the last week is the future event. The "one seven" in Daniel 9 v 27

Can't believe you misunderstood something this straightforward.

1 Like

Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by greatness77: 10:13pm On Mar 06, 2022
OkCornel:

Where on this thread did I say 490 years is a future event?
I said it's the last week is the future event. The "one seven" in Daniel 9 v 27
Can't believe you missed this.
so u are trying to tell me dat d 1wk(7yrs) period have not come?
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 10:22pm On Mar 06, 2022
greatness77:
so u are trying to tell me dat d 1wk(7yrs) period have not come?

Exactly!

See where I mentioned this;
https://www.nairaland.com/7013491/could-russias-invasion-ukraine-fulfilment/5#110798308

You must have read that in a hurry and replied
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by mpire: 11:05pm On Mar 06, 2022
Righteousness2:
Young man I really Pity you !I really Pity you! I really Pity you!
That's all I Have you!

Typical olodo, you pity him? Lol...Someone is disproving your ignorance statements with facts but all you can say is young man I pity you? You are clueless about the Bible you're carrying and knows next to nothing.

You really think NL is your fellow village idiots that believe every thing you say? Who are you trying to scare? You posted here you were born in 1980 and you're thete calling someone that might be older than you young man? You're really delusional. You probably not even gonn amake that heaven because of that occultism church you're attending. Isn't that the church where you roll in the mud in the middleof the street? Now you've ran away from the guy because, you know nothing and he's far superior to you.

2 Likes

Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by greatness77: 11:07pm On Mar 06, 2022
OkCornel:

Exactly!

See where I mentioned this;
https://www.nairaland.com/7013491/could-russias-invasion-ukraine-fulfilment/5#110798308

You must have read that in a hurry and replied
hahaha! 1wk(7yrs) Future event? Nawaoo! U are confuse, calculate dis: 70wks=70x7=(490yrs) 7wks=7x7=(49years)62wks=62x7=(434yrs) 1wk= 7x1=(7years) if u say 49+434+7=490yrs which is d 70wks we are talking about so how come are u removing d 1wk(7yrs) and saying its a future event? if u remove d 1wk(7yrs) from d 62wks and 7wks which is 483 will it still give u 490yrs prophecied by daniel? Dont u knw dat 434(62wks)+49(7wks)=483yrs remaining d 1wk(7yrs) dat will make it 490yrs(70wks) prophesied by daniel? chairman stop doing blind argument.
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 11:12pm On Mar 06, 2022
greatness77:
hahaha! 1wk(7yrs) Future event? Nawaoo! U are confuse, calculate dis: 70wks=70x7=(490yrs) 7wks=7x7=(49years)62wks=62x7=(434yrs) 1wk= 7x1=(7years) if u say 49+434+7=490yrs which is d 70wks we are talking about so how come are u removing d 1wk(7yrs) and saying its a future event? if u remove d 1wk(7yrs) from d 62wks and 7wks which is 483 will it still give u 490yrs prophecied by daniel? Dont u knw dat 434(62wks)+49(7wks)=483yrs remaining d 1wk(7yrs) dat will make it 490yrs(70wks) prophesied by daniel? chairman stop doing blind argument.

Let's go with your timeline. Meanwhile I noticed you haven't replied to confirm if Cyrus' decree was actually in 455BCE when Cyrus actually lived between 600 to 530 BCE hmmm?

Anyways, If according to you the 69 weeks x 7 days (i.e. 483 years) started in 455 BCE, did Daniel not mention the anointed one will be cut off at the end of the 483 years which lands us in 29 AD?.

When was Jesus cut off? 29 AD? or 33AD

1 Like

Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by skybeauty(f): 11:44pm On Mar 06, 2022
OkCornel:

My dear, Please I'm still awaiting your answer to the question in Revelation 11 v 1-2; and my apologies if I missed it -

Revelation 11 v 1-2;
1. I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers.
2. But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.

Please where is this holy city located?

Because reading further down that chapter, verse 8 already gives the hint;

Revelation 11 v 7-8;
7 Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them.
8 Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified.

Who is Revelation 11 v 8 referring to? and where was he crucified?

Apocalypse 11 v. 8 is purely symbolic. Anyone reading the Bible for the 1st time will know that Apocalypse 11 v8 is symbolic with use of the words “the city figuratively called sodom and Egypt and where our Lord was crucified”.
Aha this passage proves what I earlier explained. 3 different cities were mentioned here. 1. Sodom: symbol of the immorality of America 2. Egypt: symbol of the country or countries that holds the economy of the world. We know it is the same America. We can also see the pyramid of Egypt in a dollar bill. Which undoubtedly points to the fact that the first two cities refers to America and the West.
3. The city where Our Lord was crucified: Jerusalem.
The Economic capital of the West is America.
The Religious capital of the West is Rome.
Research has shown that the Jews are in firm control of America and Rome. ( find out about the Rothschild Empire).
Let me tell you something you don’t know. The organization called Freemasonry founded by the Jews is preparing the world for the advent of the Anti Christ. Now in the well guarded secrets of the Illuminati of Bavaria, an Arm of Masonry based in Germany, there three trinity that will mark the reign of the anti christ, we have the coming of the Beast like Lamb. That is the false prophet who will hyjack a Papal conclave and be made a Pope of the Catholic Church so as to be in control of the one world religion. He is called the Patriarch of the world. The other trinity is the Emperor of the world. He will Rule from Jerusalem, he will be the head of the one world Government. The Patriach of the world has come and has fulfilled the abomination of desolation prophecy but the emperor of world is yet to come. Although his time is near, he maybe somewhere in the world waiting to act. It is during his reign that the two witnesses will appear. They are incarnate of Enoch and Elias the two greatest prophets. They may have come as Hermit or Monk but are hidden in solitude in fasting and prayer and waiting for their time to act.
The two witnesses will preach in Rome, Jerusalem and America. The three key cities in the world. Their mission will end in Jerusalem where they will encounter the false Christ ( the emperor) who will kill them. After their death, the second coming May likely follow.

The Patriarch has entered into the Temple of God in Rome. The Emperor, the Jewish King is yet to appear to fulfil the prophesy of St Paul of him sitting the Temple of God and proclaiming himself as God. It will now be logical to state that the Patriarch of the world (the false prophet) would introduce the Anti Christ as God and will hand the Catholic Church over to him so that he sits in the temple of God and calling for divine worship.

As earlier explained the Temple that was measured in Rev 11 is a spiritual Temple. A symbol of the true Christian Church during the reign of the Anti Christ. In Hebrew 12v22 St Paul mentioned a worship which he called the gathering of the heavenly Jerusalem. A look at that chapter very well will tell you he is talking about the spiritual reality of the true Christian worship on earth and not the Temple of Jerusalem in Israel. After which he said we have an alter where those who participate in the Tabernacle (Old Testament Sacrifice) have no right to partake. See Hebrews 13v10.
The only Christian Church in our time who claims to have an alter where a solemn sacrificial worship similar to that of the Jews is being carried out is the Catholic Church. The Sacrifice is the Holy Mass, the offering of the body and blood of Christ in the species of bread and wine for the sins of many.
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by Bearfruit(f): 12:31am On Mar 07, 2022
people swimming in sin will certainly not want the world to end, the Wickedness in the world to them is exciting.
So many think is business as usual. World war 1,2,peace came again, well now is different o!!!we will soon be saying bye-bye to peace as it is the time of the gentile to cast the truth to the ground. Trouble and tribulations especially on God"s erring, hypocrite children before the sinners will dance to the music of God's wrath....... judgement must start with so called children of God first.so prepare o you wise, don't allow business as usual talk decive you.
We are very much in the last time and only those obeying God will understand.NO PEACE FOR THE WICKED,as a matter of truth it shall be I'll with the wicked.
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by tctrills: 12:57am On Mar 07, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy?

The world hasn't recovered but is still grappling with the devastating effects of covid-19 pandemic, as the vaccines have so far flattered to deceive, having not provided the desired results to curtail or stop the deadly virus.

Alongside this unusual pandemic which brought the world to her bare knees, there have been many other strange and unusual occurrences, including unprecedented natural disasters, taking place in different parts of the world.

Now we have a full-blown war in our hands in Ukraine that appears to be edging towards the 3rd world war which has been much spoken about, so could this be a fulfilment of biblical prophecy?

Jesus said:

Matthew 24:6-7 (KJV)

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

I believe it is, because the signs have it that these are surely the last days. It's for this very reason we've been preaching and rigorously warning people to repent, because the end is at the door and the day of Jesus' second coming is very near.

I hope that all these warnings would not be in vain, and you still find yourself get left behind, because then you'd only have yourself to blame.

God bless.
1. First, Covid 19 is not the first pandemic in history. Of all global pandemics of the last 2000 years, it has been the least deadly and the best contained.
Right now, covid numbers and deaths are falling in every single country of the world.
2. You also spoke about unprecedented natural disasters. Natural disasters are not new. they have always been with man. The truth is that fewer people are dying from natural disasters than at any other time in human history. While Frequency Of Natural Disasters Is Increasing, Related Death Tolls Are Actually Decreasing. They are less deadly as man gets to understand nature better and thanks to science and technology, we can better co-exist with natural disasters.
3. Finally, you spoke about Russia and Ukraine. While the world, in general, has been more peaceful than at any time in history, This war is a cause to worry. I don't know whether you should be worried but it's good to note that in the last 70 years, the world has achieved a level of peace that has never been witnessed before.
In the last 200 years, we have outlawed slavery, most nations have some form of democracy. Global poverty is generally going down. Globalization has linked the world and given most people a shot at prosperity.
I believe in General, God would be proud of human beings today. We are not perfect but we have actually made this world a better place.
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by greatness77: 3:48am On Mar 07, 2022
OkCornel:

Let's go with your timeline. Meanwhile I noticed you haven't replied to confirm if Cyrus' decree was actually in 455BCE when Cyrus actually lived between 600 to 530 BCE hmmm?

Anyways, If according to you the 69 weeks x 7 days (i.e. 483 years) started in 455 BCE, did Daniel not mention the anointed one will be cut off at the end of the 483 years which lands us in 29 AD?.

When was Jesus cut off? 29 AD? or 33AD

1: how many years makes a generation? 2: did u knw dat jesus said dat generation then will not pass until matt 24 prophecy fulfil?
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by CoronaVirusPro: 4:30am On Mar 07, 2022
So people still believe this story books.

1 Like

Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by Femiwilli: 6:01am On Mar 07, 2022
Farid24224:

Even at your Religion's thread, you are still saying rubbish...Better go and change your life because you might not like how it will end for you...

I got Jesus, you have a 6yr old marrying pedophile grin
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 11:59am On Mar 07, 2022
greatness77:
1: how many years makes a generation? 2: did u knw dat jesus said dat generation then will not pass until matt 24 prophecy fulfil?

Ogbeni, stop trying to dodge my question.
When was the anointed one cutoff? 29AD or 33AD?

Answer this first, then I’ll answer yours.

Then maybe you’ll tell us to disregard the book of revelation written circa 95AD (roughly 62 years after Jesus discussion with his disciples in Matthew 24)

1 Like

Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by greatness77: 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2022
OkCornel:

Ogbeni, stop trying to dodge my question.
When was the anointed one cutoff? 29AD or 33AD?

Answer this first, then I’ll answer yours.

Then maybe you’ll tell us to disregard the book of revelation written circa 95AD (roughly 62 years after Jesus discussion with his disciples in Matthew 24)
He was cut of in 33ad and was baptized(arrived)in 28/29c.e, now ans my 2 qstions mostly no 2
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 3:51pm On Mar 07, 2022
greatness77:
He was cut of in 33ad and was baptized(arrived)in 28/29c.e, now ans my 2 qstions mostly no 2

Then your interpretation of Daniel's 70 x 7 is off the mark.

To answer your questions;

1. A generation could be
a) 100 years - Genesis 15 v16
b) 70 years - Psalms 90 v 10 or
c) 30 to 40 years - Job 42 v 16

2. As for your second question, are you trying to tell us this prophecy in Matthew 24 has come to pass already?

Matthew 24 v 29-30;

29 “Immediately after the distress of those days
“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’
30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.
31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

As a follow up question, should we also disregard the book of Revelation written around 95AD (62 years after Jesus gave the prophecy in Matthew 24 and 25 years after the destruction of the temple by the Roman army in 70 AD)?

Should we ignore this promise by Jesus in Revelation 22 v 12 & 20?
12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.”
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2022
Until you realize the disciples asked Jesus a question on three different events in Matthew 24, then you will easily miss it.

Matthew 24 v 1-3;
1. Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings.

2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?

Pay attention to verse 2. Jesus was specifically referring to the destruction of the second temple the disciples were adoring in verse 1.

In verse 3, the disciples asked three questions;

a) When will this happen? (The destruction of the second Jewish Temple which happened in 70 AD)
b) What will be the sign of your coming? (Yet to happen)
c) The end of the age (Yet to happen)
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by mecuzee(m): 1:52pm On Apr 05, 2022
OkCornel:

That is for those who are not believers smiley

1 Thessalonians 5 v 1-5
1 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you,

2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,”destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

5 You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.

True.

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. 11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Remember the 10 virgins?
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 9:56pm On Jan 26
Almost two years later. Another false alarm.

Jesus ain’t coming anytime soon.

No Jewish temple, nothing dey happen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) / Nigeria Moving Towards Another Collapse, Civil War – Pastor Bakare / "Buhari Will End Recession In 2017" - Olumba Olumba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.