Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce (59073 Views)

Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? / Village Oil Yam And Vegetables (pics, video & recipe) / Yam And Palmoil Sauce. Village Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by TheWolfen(m): 7:45pm On Mar 04, 2022
Hmm, Yummy.
I wanna fix this so badly now lol
Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by robinsonnunto: 7:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
be plain, u wan chop??
Ihavethingstodo:
Hmmmmm!!!!!
It's pocohantas again! grin

"Old"yam is bea abeg!!! I can relate, nice one
Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by TheWolfen(m): 7:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
Sylvester07:
Too much of ginger is not good for the health ,so stop saying you like too much ginger in your meals...(advice)

What about ginger besides its many heath benefits
Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by pocohantas(f): 7:53pm On Mar 04, 2022
Sylvester07:
Too much of ginger is not good for the health ,so stop saying you like too much ginger in your meals...(advice)

Where did you read that I like TOO MUCH ginger in my meals, Mr Adviser? Because e dey be like some of una get comprehension disability.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by tnerro1(m): 7:53pm On Mar 04, 2022
If you add some dried fish to the sauce then I will pay your bride price grin
Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by Chrislova(m): 8:01pm On Mar 04, 2022
That's jummy Pocohantas
I will try this one
Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by descarado: 8:05pm On Mar 04, 2022
Nuttella:
Yes o. There are cute pots while there are disgusting pots, the first thing that draw my attention in someone's kitchen is their pots, no matter how beautiful the kitchen is if the pots are nothing to write home about, I will rate it low.

Pots add beauty to the kitchen. I don't know if it's just me but I like cute pots and orderliness.

Follow diaryofakitchenlover on Instagram and see the kind of pots she uses. Very neat and organized woman.
I can relate.

I will stylishly check out the bottom of the pot to know if it's clean. No reason whatsoever to have black bottom. Even with stove.

1 Like

Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by pocohantas(f): 8:05pm On Mar 04, 2022
tnerro1:
If you add some dried fish to the sauce then I will pay your bride price grin

In addition to the fresh fish and dry prawns?
You go like sweet mouth o.

Chrislova:
That's jummy Pocohantas
I will try this one

Please do and let me know how it goes.

doggedfighter:

Catfish pepper soup next grin

This one go hard. I HATE catfish. Hopefully I see someone that would eat it, then I can cook it. Because I won’t cook and throw it away na.

3 Likes

Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:05pm On Mar 04, 2022
The fish sauce looks disguising, I don't like it. undecided
Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by TheMostComplex1: 8:08pm On Mar 04, 2022
pocohantas:
I like yam a lot.

Strangely… cheesy

Pic: Parsley flakes and yam.

Welldone Pocochants

1 Like

Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by Eddygourdo(m): 8:10pm On Mar 04, 2022
pocohantas:
Tired of using eggs for your boiled yam? Then you should try this boiled yam and Nigerian Fish Sauce recipe.

sweet yam keh. Where did you see that one. How can I identify it. I have not eaten yam as I have been waiting for the sweet one.
Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by vicdom(m): 8:12pm On Mar 04, 2022
[quote author=pocohantas post=110744495]I like yam a lot.

Strangely… cheesy

Pic: Parsley flakes and yam. [/quote
Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by Oduduwa707: 8:13pm On Mar 04, 2022
Awon Yam-legger! angry
Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by pocohantas(f): 8:17pm On Mar 04, 2022
Eddygourdo:
sweet yam keh. Where did you see that one. How can I identify it. I have not eaten yam as I have been waiting for the sweet one.

Any yam in the market now is sweet I think. Na old yam full market na. Better buy now before e finish. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by phemmyfour: 8:21pm On Mar 04, 2022
It's Poco on the beat...born to cook
Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by pocohantas(f): 8:22pm On Mar 04, 2022
descarado:

I can relate.

I will stylishly check out the bottom of the pot to know if it's clean. No reason whatsoever to have black bottom. Even with stove.

You go soon touch very hot pot one day. grin

1 Like

Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by Eddygourdo(m): 8:22pm On Mar 04, 2022
pocohantas:

Any yam in the market now is sweet I think. Na old yam full market na. Better buy now before e finish. cheesy
ha. Really. Will stop and buy tomorrow. However if it isn't sweet, take the next uber and come and carry All of them biko
Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by pocohantas(f): 8:26pm On Mar 04, 2022
Eddygourdo:
ha. Really. Will stop and buy tomorrow. However if it isn't sweet, take the next uber and come and carry All of them biko

I doubt there is still new yam in the market. Anyway, most new yams look new grin. Hairy, sandy and those bumps are still very much visible. Old ones are more dried out and darker. Buy one first sha, later you can buy more.

Brownygold002:
Pocohantas I Love you! Av learnt a lot from ur mouth watering recipes. Keep it up! wink

Thanks Browny. Do let me know when you replicate and if they turn out well for you. kiss

1 Like

Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 04, 2022
Pocohantas I Love you! Av learnt a lot from ur mouth watering recipes. Keep it up! wink

1 Like

Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 04, 2022
pocohantas:

I doubt there is still new yam in the market. Anyway, most new yams look new grin. Hairy, sandy and those bumps are still very much visible. Old ones are more dried out and darker. Buy one first sha, later you can buy more.

Thanks Browny. Do let me know when you replicate and if they turn out well for you. kiss
Okay bea wink

1 Like

Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by Exceed15: 8:36pm On Mar 04, 2022
I hate fish.
Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by Deicide: 8:39pm On Mar 04, 2022
E be like say poco don blow o. grin there is Money.
Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by Adaanna(f): 8:45pm On Mar 04, 2022
This is beautiful and yummy.
Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by Beremx(f): 8:47pm On Mar 04, 2022
pocohantas:

Chili is shombo right? Shombo is more about colour than taste to me.

Abi is it some other chili pepper? embarassed
shombo has taste too. Though it gives color to the sauce or stew. Try using shombo to fry eggs. It is very tasty. There’s another type of pepper that looks like chilli peppers but i can’t remember the name. Both taste well in cooking
Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by pocohantas(f): 8:50pm On Mar 04, 2022
Beremx:
shombo has taste too. Though it gives color to the sauce or stew. Try using shombo to fry eggs. It is very tasty. There’s another type of pepper that looks like chilli peppers but i can’t remember the name. Both taste well in cooking

Wow. Never noticed the “taste”. I just use it for volume and colour in my stew. It has never been something special to me if I am not after colour/volume. Lol. I’ll try it out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by Yuneehk(f): 8:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
pocohantas:

As long as it is old yam, I can finish 10 tubers.
grin grin
My father says I shouldn't complain and be selective with yam because my father doesn't plant yams. Like it's a crime to hate new yam. I don't even bother.

I'll just enjoy them old yams, and when they're finished, we go on yam holiday.

I should try out this parsley. Never used it before.
Lovely meal by the way kiss
Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by pocohantas(f): 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2022
Yuneehk:

My father says I shouldn't complain and be selective with yam because my father doesn't plant yams. Like it's a crime to hate new yam. I don't even bother.

I'll just enjoy them old yams, and when they're finished, we go on yam holiday.

I should try out this parsley. Never used it before.
Lovely meal by the way kiss

Once old yams are exhausted, I forget there is anything like yam until the next old yam season. I can’t eat that bitter and watery nonsense. Oh please try it out. It has its own noticeable taste. Thanks babe. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by Lindajames1010: 9:38pm On Mar 04, 2022
pocohantas:

Follow me on Instagram @a_lazy_cook_gram.

It would be so soft, you won’t notice. Trust me!

Thanks Jaxxÿ kiss
Would love to have it to confirm o....
How do I come and have some?
Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by descarado: 9:50pm On Mar 04, 2022
pocohantas:

You go soon touch very hot pot one day. grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bad habit, I know.
Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by pocohantas(f): 9:52pm On Mar 04, 2022
Lindajames1010:

Would love to have it to confirm o....
How do I come and have some?

Lol. It is not even for me. I made it for a client.

2 Likes

Re: Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce by descarado: 9:58pm On Mar 04, 2022
pocohantas:

Once old yams are exhausted, I forget there is anything like yam until the next old yam season. I can’t eat that bitter and watery nonsense. Oh please try it out. It has its own noticeable taste. Thanks babe. smiley
Here we eat Ghanaian yam called puna yam. Its like ogbarù( called onitsha yam). I have a customer that always get the real one for me. I cut and freeze. The same with plantain.

The day I was given that bitter one, I turned that to poundo cheesy and gave the woman serious warning cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of Porcupine, Monkey, Antelope, Deer & Crocodile Killed By My Brother / Who Knows A Faster Procedure Of Ripening Plantains ? / The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.