Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out (3301 Views)

Why Is Olisa Metuh Now Suddenly And Conspicuously Quiet? / Ministerial List: See List Of Speculated Nominees / Governor Sullivan Chime Of Enugu Was Conspicuously Missing At Achebe Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:44pm On Jun 28, 2011
A 34-man ministerial nominee list sent by President Goodluck Jonathan was this morning unveiled on the floor of the Senate by the Senate President, David Mark.

The list contains a mixture of some of the former ministers and new ones. However, a notable potential nominee such as Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, that had been bandied in the mass media was not on the list. Another notable name not on the list is Mohammed Haliru Bello, Acting National President, Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. The list sent by the president is on the table below. The senate is expected to start the screening of the nominees soonest. President Jonathan might send more nominees to the senate, according to our sources at the National Assembly.

List Of Ministerial Nominees’
1. Emeka Nwogu – Abia
2. Bala Mohammed – Bauchi
3. Diezeani Allison-Madueke – Bayelsa
4. Elder Godsday Orubebe - Delta
5. Onyebuchi Chukwu - Ebonyi
6. Cpt. Caleb Olubolade - Ekiti
7. Prof. Rukayat Rufai - Jigawa
8. Alhaji Shamsideen Usman - Kano
9. Mohammed Musa Saa’da - Katsina
10. Mohammed Bello Adoke, SAN - Kogi
11. Olusegun Aganga - Lagos
12. Laraban Maku - Nassarwa
13. Yusuf Suleiman - Sokoto
14. Obadiah Ando - Taraba
15. Zainab Maina - Adamawa
16. Prof. Ita Okon Bassey - Akwa Ibom
17. Stella Odua-Ogienwonyi - Anambra
18. Comrade Abba Moro - Benue
19. Samuel Otom - Benue
20. Alhaji Bukar Tijani - Bornu
21. Mike Onomememen - Edo
22. Prof. Barth Nnaji - Enugu
23. Sen. Idris Umar - Gombe
24. Prof. (Mrs.) Viola Onwuliri – Imo
25. Mohammed Bello – Kebbi
26. Bolaji Abdullahi - Kwara
27. Asiru Olugbenga - Ogun
28. Ayo Akinwumi Adesina - Ogun
29. Erelu Olusola Obada - Osun
30. Erelu Olajumoke Akinjide - Oyo
31. Tonye Cole - Rivers
32. Yerima Lawal Ngama - Yobe
33. Amb. Bashiru Yuguda - Zamfara
34. Hajiya Zainab Ibrahim Kuchi - Niger
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by BIGERBOY1: 8:32pm On Jun 28, 2011
with the kind of jundiced rubbish being spewed out here- nobody is talking about how she can reposition the economy all most are after is how she can fight sanusi- abeg iwela run for your career nigeria is not yet ready for people like you when we are you will see the signs
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by OmoTier1(m): 9:29pm On Jun 28, 2011
Curiously, why do we have two nominees from Ogun and Benue respectively?

I see two godfawdas at work - Obj and Mark -

The list is uninspiring.
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by eketchic: 10:25am On Jun 29, 2011
the list is disappointing
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 29, 2011
I am so happy about this, she added no value to NIgerians during her last stay. We are only dazzled by her international career. Pls Iweala shoulsd stay in world bank abeg
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by dustydee: 12:12pm On Jun 29, 2011
20 advisers is too much. What will they be doing? advising him on what? please trim them down even if the want to advise you for free.
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by buJu234: 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2011
GEJ nor serious; IS GEJ THE MESSIAH OR WE SHOULD EXPECT ANOTHER?
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by SSaemoenl(m): 6:04pm On Jun 29, 2011
And so what?  sad angry angry embarassed Is she the total hope you cast your vote to Jonathan? Mind you, She can't deliver anything while others are busy drying the treasury. It sucks to think she will. However, I rather urge us to engage on some massive protest. We see it happening in Arab world, Greece, Spain and France. We can't get there my praying or hoping alone, but by force. Thanks
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by prisca21: 6:15pm On Jun 29, 2011
ok
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by EPOMA(m): 6:21pm On Jun 29, 2011
andromida:

I am so happy about this, she added no value to NIgerians during her last stay. We are only dazzled by her international career. Pls Iweala shoulsd stay in world bank abeg

My guy you are talking trash. was it not when she left that obj started blowing your excess crude account. she was only a minister
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by kholis(m): 6:41pm On Jun 29, 2011
@ssaemoeni
To be frank, I wonder why it is extremely difficult for the Nigerian masses who bear the pains of protracted bad leadership to rise up and change the ridiculous status quo just as it is currently done in other climes?

PDP has over the years perfected the art of toying with the future of Nigerian youths and the best we can do is to perfect the art of media complaints while things get worse by the day. I hereby call on all the youths, including those who claim to have voted GEJ and PDP, to organise a peaceful massive protest against bad leadership, against LEGISLOOTERS and against incurable corruption. Nigerian masses are so depraved in a country so endowed.
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by obinna120: 7:50pm On Jun 29, 2011
buJu-234:

GEJ nor serious; IS GEJ THE MESSIAH OR WE SHOULD EXPECT ANOTHER?

even if the messaiah is here your type wont know because you criticise virtuslly everything and any step taken.your candidate is not even spared.this is why we are where we are today.NIGERIA IS A TERRIBLE COUNTRY
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by obinna120: 7:54pm On Jun 29, 2011
you people should not worry, a new list of super ministers is almost out and she must be definitely be there.
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by hardbody: 7:56pm On Jun 29, 2011
These guys are at it again, why is it that Nigerians cant be trusted, they omitted my name again even after OBJ and GEJ assured me of a ministerial appointment. How do i recover my investment in the course of the last SELECTION process. Now the Banks i borrowed money from will be after me. I AM DEAD.   angry embarassed
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by EvilBrain1(m): 8:01pm On Jun 29, 2011
obinna120:

you people should not worry, a new list of super ministers is almost out and she must be definitely be there.

Is there going to be a list of supa dupa ministers? How many are there going to be in total? Personally, I don't think 34 is enough. There should be 774 ministers: one for each local government. That way one of my uncles could become one and I could finally get a decent job.
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by joecrack(m): 8:06pm On Jun 29, 2011
hardbody:

These guys are at it again, why is it that Nigerians cant be trusted, they omitted my name again even after OBJ and GEJ assured me of a ministerial appointment. How do i recover my investment in the course of the last SELECTION process. Now the Banks i borrowed money from will be after me. I AM DEAD.   angry embarassed
alibaba would not approve ur joke,trust me.
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by member479760: 8:26pm On Jun 29, 2011
Guys, leave this woman alone, she has done it once, no changes, give another person the chance to chop also.
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by shagaman: 9:35pm On Jun 29, 2011
GEJ would make no difference to the Nigerian polity, The forces behind the run Nigeria down project are to strong.
no answers to Boko Haram
No solution to Niger delta
Biafra still dey there
very soon Oduduwa boyz would start dem own.
Nigeria is a country with so much resources yet so little to show for it, Ibadan express way number 1 death trap in the country yet the govt turned a blind eye to that side.
Even the average job is no more average,take home pay cant take you home.
we need real time snipers , I mean long range snipers to wipe some people out. angry
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by Odunnu: 9:51pm On Jun 29, 2011
shey it was SR that started the now known rumour about Iweala's come back?
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by mensdept: 11:54pm On Jun 29, 2011
Curious. Why are we into recycling people and portfolios?
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by coolchimex: 3:00am On Jun 30, 2011
Either She or the powers that be know better. The way she left, it seemed as if she was used for a purpose and dumped. Anyway, na Naija we dey, pending ministers make una do something ooh! God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by wazobiang: 9:57am On Jun 30, 2011
Sidon look. The president is still acting under his right. Nothing wrong yet.
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by hardbody: 11:31am On Jun 30, 2011
@ joecrack

Are u on that stuff again? After ur rehab u should have stayed off crack. Its a pity what u have done to yourself, but we will keep trying for you, for the sake of the communal effort invested to turn you to a useful person. M.ORONIC EEDiOT.
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by DaDoctor: 1:55pm On Jun 30, 2011
SAME VIOLA ONWULIRI?

OHAKIM'S RUNNING MATE AND CO PERTETRATOR IN THE LAST MINUTE SPREE OF OUR RESOURCES?

Rochasssssssssssssssssssssss, take heed lest you fall o!!!
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by chuxyn: 1:57pm On Jun 30, 2011
xtics of a PDP govt, another wasted four years is looming, very uninspiring list
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by infofta(m): 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2011
The same old criminals. Pls if my father is the next presidential candidate for PDP don't vote for him. No future for Ngerians under PDP. Be wise
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by infofta(m): 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2011
The same old criminals. Pls if my father is the next presidential candidate for PDP don't vote for him. No future for Ngerians under PDP. Be wise
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by dayokanu(m): 8:09pm On Jun 30, 2011
Odechukwus Fresh air
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by Mtnaija(f): 8:30pm On Jun 30, 2011
The end of the wicked is always SAD! I read how she was hatching plans to remove the CBN governor and dishing out all sorts weird conditions.

SANUSI 1 : NGOZI 0 ! Mu hehe.
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by vislabraye(m): 9:04pm On Jun 30, 2011
Something don happen. . May be she wouldn't have done well with Sanusi. .
Re: Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out by iiiyyyk(m): 11:19pm On Jun 30, 2011
I PASS A VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE ON THAT LIST.

i see no positive change in nigeria in the next 4 yrs. the same business people.
painful and pityfull

(1) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan Speech To Nigerians: Today 15th Jan 2012 / Dr Chris Ngige wins APC's Anambra Gubernatorial Primaries!!! / Buhari's Own Words Disqualify Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.