Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,758 members, 7,840,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared (45131 Views)

Help! Strange Monetary Alerts In My Access Bank Account / Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? / Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by MITCHELL96: 7:59am On Mar 08, 2022
lookingfly:
how do we encrypt phone and sim?

It depends on the phone you're using, if you're using a high-end phone, it will be more easier and eligible for you do do all those stuffs

1 Like

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Netgid(m): 8:06am On Mar 08, 2022
Nicoswit:

I'm curious to know how its been done

You wan scamm person abi comrade
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by prophetfire: 8:25am On Mar 08, 2022
Nicoswit:

I'm curious to know how its been done
v It's a new invention so to say. It's not yet common.
However, Zenith Bank do advertise their cardless withrawal via ATM. I think Union have it too.
It's not widespread yet.
You just choose the option and follow instructions.
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Beninwitch: 8:43am On Mar 08, 2022
JAMO84:
Me wey use my hand transfer 50k to my uncle, through my GTB app since Feb 3rd, since then, the money is still hanging in no Man's land.

Pls how can this be resolved? I have a pos transaction that is still pending over 24 hrs but my money was deducted?

1 Like

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by DawnEden(m): 8:44am On Mar 08, 2022
Silentmoni:
This was the 2nd transaction.....and on and on...I can't post all......that was how he kept withdrawing the money until the last Kobo in the account
Woow, this is interesting. My funds were also withdrawn using 2 ussd transactions by buying airtime of less than 20k and the third and final transaction used a pos agent clearing the remaining 50k. I saw the phone numbers the airtime was transferred to in the transaction descriptions. But since police were informing me to bring close to 150k to trace the numbers, I just decided to let it slide since the amount cleared in the account was 79k. I also believe that the pos agent is innocent in all this. The pos guy (his name was shown in the transaction description) was just doing his job.

1 Like

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Nicoswit(m): 9:00am On Mar 08, 2022
Netgid:

You wan scamm person abi comrade
Lol I recently filled a form online before knowing its a scam so i want to be sure if my account cant be hacked witht the info i submitted
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Amuroba: 9:32am On Mar 08, 2022
lied:
THE PERSON YOU WENT TO VISIT DID IT.

I AM 100 PERCENT SURE.

Stole your phone and he probably knows your phone unlock code.
As for you sim-pin, he simply contacted customercare for your PUK. Pretending to be you
True, Dunno about other network but the way airtel give out PUK code is scary.

I tried to know my Glo sim pin as I have lost the pack and they kept bombarding me with questions, DOB, Register name, Date and all that

1 Like

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Pascopele: 10:16am On Mar 08, 2022
Ifakiland:

Una go just dey post useless imaginary fake story....which one be careless withdrawal, we be like mumu for your eyes
It's like you don't know the level of fraud ongoing in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Timekeeper: 10:33am On Mar 08, 2022
Pascopele:

Mr man, wat the meaning of this nonsense
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by taurusdude0(m): 10:34am On Mar 08, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Ehyaa, sorry.

But see ehn, whenever you're inside Keke or a moving vehicle, always try to hold your phone in your hand, don't put it in your pocket, it can slip of when you're trying to come down from the Keke, you can as well use a headphone and play music while holding it, to make you not to sleep off

POS transaction can't be traced, even if it is, it won't show names like John Olatunde, etc,, It will rather show User/agent 0025373 and stuffs like that, so trying to trace it, Neither "Agent" or "User" is anybody's real name

You see ehn, Nigerian has gotten to the point that nobody can be trusted, the country is hard, even if it was you that had such opportunity to swindle somebody's money, you might want to take the money, so it's better to encrypt your phone, Sim cards, etc to the extent that it will be difficult for somebody to get your money using your phone

That's why I don't blame people that lock almost every app on their phone, their reasons might be for situations like this

I know of a guy who openly told me he hacked somebody's bet9ja account with over 300k in the account because the guy lose guarded his phone, he used the money there to play games till he boosted the money to over 6 million and added his own account and withdrew the funds.

Everybody get red eyes like this, keep your gadgets save and tightly encrypted.

Bet9ja can not pay money into an account that doesn't have same name with the bet account holder. It's sportybet and it's like that you can use any account you like.

1 Like

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by taurusdude0(m): 10:37am On Mar 08, 2022
Silentmoni:
Please mod's,this should be pushed to Fp for people to learn and contribute.
It's possible they jailbreak your phone to access your details
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Silentmoni(m): 10:47am On Mar 08, 2022
taurusdude0:

It's possible they jailbreak your phone to access your details
Infact the matter weak me
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by May1st: 11:25am On Mar 08, 2022
Silentmoni:
thanks for your contribution....I encrypted the phone, messages and even sim that was why I was reluctant that nothing can be done with it but I was so shocked when I opened my mail from another phone yesterday..... another question is can cardless withdrawal using POS be done without otp?if no, how then was my message accessed to get the otp?and if the sim was removed from the phone it would require sim pin when inputed in another phone.......Infact I can't think straight now

You can receive OTP in your email. The thief must have assessed your email and deleted the OTP email.

1 Like

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Owologbo(m): 12:15pm On Mar 08, 2022
Silentmoni:
thanks for your contribution....I encrypted the phone, messages and even sim that was why I was reluctant that nothing can be done with it but I was so shocked when I opened my mail from another phone yesterday..... another question is can cardless withdrawal using POS be done without otp?if no, how then was my message accessed to get the otp?and if the sim was removed from the phone it would require sim pin when inputed in another phone.......Infact I can't think straight now
It's possible if you allow sensible info to pop up when phone is locked.
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by obyflexy(f): 12:35pm On Mar 08, 2022
I cover my accounts with the blood of Amadioha.
Johnbosco77:
Nawa ooooo, .
I cover my akant with the blood of Jesus...
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by MITCHELL96: 1:37pm On Mar 08, 2022
taurusdude0:

Bet9ja can not pay money into an account that doesn't have same name with the bet account holder. It's sportybet and it's like that you can use any account you like.

What are you Talking about ?
I have a bet9ja account, and I've withdrew funds with my mom's account and also one girl's account that isn't related to me, the only issue is that you can't withdraw funds with more than 2 already existing account you added to the bet account

Need some screenshots ? I might drop it just to prove you wrong.
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 08, 2022
Silentmoni:
if you are frustrated am not the cause,you better go and clear your head...how was the story changed?did I mention the phone in first post?where did I state" say na analogue phone wey no get lock"?does nairaland give award or do I get money for creating a thread that made Fp that I will now sit down and begin to waste my time to concort story that's not true to share? I was simply trying to clearify how the phone was locked and if you weren't clear u should ask questions rather than saying trash
If money was stolen from your account after someone stole your phone then your phone does not have a screen lock, without a screen lock your sim lock is useless and funds can be conveniently stolen. Say exactly what happened and stop painting the impression that you took all necessary precaution. you had a sim lock on your sim but your phone has no lock! period
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 08, 2022
For purpose of education please kindly adhere to these little rules ill highlight and you will never have any stolen funds problem even if you loose your phone. Been running 3 accounts with 2 different banks for close to 19 years now, have lost my phone twice within this period and not one naira has been stolen from my accounts yet except criminal bank charges grin

1. As a rule i dont use ATM on any of my accounts. but if you must use an atm, make sure its connected to an account with 0 balance. when you need to use the atm, transfer the exact amount you need from your primary account to the atm account and withdraw immediately. this process is not up to 5 munites.

2. Dont ever put your alert sim in these ordinary 2 sim N7500 phones! they have no phone security, when stolen, even with your sim lock your funds are gone!

3 Always assign a sim lock and a phone lock always and make sure the phone lock activates after 10 to 20 seconds of inactivity.

4. Dont ever click any link online with your phone browser and even email messages from unknown people.

5. Finally stop using your atm to collect cash from POS centres, do a transfer to them and collect your cash. This is what some criminal POS centres do, when you go there to make a withdrawal with your ATM card, they will first bring what is known as a ripper. The ripper actually looks like a POS terminal so youll not suspect. immeditely you slot in your atm card the ripper reads all your card info from the chip and then you will input your 4 digit pin thinking you are doing a transaction. immediately you type in your pin its saved in the ripper, at this point the criminal POS guy will pretend as if there is no network on that POS machine and then will bring another POS terminal which is the real one for you to try again, this time your transaction will go through and youll take your money and walk away. they will then retrieve all your details including your pin saved in the ripper and then clone your card. they might wait for a day or two and then take the card to a far location and then start withdrawing till the account hits zero.

3 Likes

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Remman(m): 5:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
Pharaohny:

And they knew immediately his phone was stolen
they're the ones who stole the phone, guy. It's a syndicate. A banker will examine an account, its content and what the owner does. If the owner is related to force or public/civil service, it's a red line but if he's just an entrepreneur or someone without any serious connection or an old person or an illiterate, the person's details will be sent to that gang. The gang's work is just to observe and investigate the person and the person's phone number tied to his account (if the person has two phones). The gang will then plan to steal the very phone which has the number linked to the person's bank account. Before phone is stolen, the agents in the bank will be alerted so that once it's stolen, within minutes or an hour, depending on network, the account will be cleared while the phone is still on, within that time. It's a very high end scam. It takes time to plan and investigate target.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by buckeyemedia: 6:19pm On Mar 08, 2022
Silentmoni:
So on Thursday 3rd of march 2022, I came down from the Keke I had entered and realized my phone was missing, I quickly rushed back to the Keke to search but couldn't find my phon. I asked the driver who told me he didn't see it either and other passengers had left.

So another Keke driver who was there assisted me with his phone to call my line, it rang without response @ first I taught I forgot it where I was coming from until I got home and called but was told it wasn't there then I realized I was either pick pocketed or the phone fell off from my pocket in the Keke.

I felt reluctant to call my bank to block my account because I felt my sim was secured because I had the sim and phone lock activated. So to me there's no how my account can be accessed using my sim because of the sim lock but I was wrong.

I was intending to go retrieve my line on Monday but on Sunday I decided to access my email using another phone only to find out my account has been cleared without leaving a single dime.

I called Access bank customer service who confirmed my fears.....I asked them if I can have details of the account the monies were transferred to they told me it's not traceable as the transaction was a cardless withdrawal using POS....I don't understand how possible it is for the transaction not to be traceable, how cardless transaction can be initiated without pin or otp,is it possible for sim lock to be bypassed......I am still confused.

Please what could have happened in this case and how can I go about it?
Your money is insured by NDIC, Access Bank will return it back.
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Pharaohny: 1:24am On Mar 09, 2022
DawnEden:

I believe him. I have a similar encounter. The bank sef an Access. My pocket was picked inside keke along Iwo road. I thought the same way the op was thinking that for them to have access to my phone they will need to flash my phone. I later found out that all they need is your sim. Whether having a sim lock will help, I don't know. But, one needs to be EXTRA careful out there.

Did you have a Sim lock then?
Cos if you did I don't it's possible.
But I'm still trying to figure out how this poster own was able to be succesful
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by SaintUlot: 6:12am On Mar 09, 2022
Pharaohny:

You can't bypass a sim locked that still a remain a fact o.k

Probably he didn't change the default sim lock password. Some people will enable sim lock on their sim card without changing the default network sim lock code.
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Pharaohny: 7:50am On Mar 09, 2022
SaintUlot:

Probably he didn't change the default sim lock password. Some people will enable sim lock on their sim card without changing the default network sim lock code.

May be
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by charlsecy(m): 9:48am On Mar 09, 2022
Magnumproperty:
The truth of the matter is nobody can unlock a sim card with code.
By a very rare stroke of luck, or the locker used a default code, it could be unlocked.

Magnumproperty:
Somebody said here that the thief might call customer care and asked for the puk, that's not possible because the phone stolen that was locked and the sim card locked, how will the thief knows the phone number?
What if the thief knew the owner?
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 09, 2022
cardless withdrawer happens through ATM , so they should be able to trace it and get the withdraws face.. As for Nigeria sim card I don't trust them, I don't use a phone , just use a dongle with my sims to browse ever since I discovered a third party can know when I puk , unpuk and even destroy a sim.. I was even suprise to hear that the sim has it own power even when out of the phone, it could still be transmitting God know's what and worst still has the ability to broadcast something that allow different user replicate your sim virtually. So if they are looking for you sef it becomes very difficult because you do be in different cities at the same time.
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by DawnEden(m): 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2022
Pharaohny:

Did you have a Sim lock then?
Cos if you did I don't it's possible.
But I'm still trying to figure out how this poster own was able to be succesful

No, I didn't lock my sim but my phone was locked using a password.
Watch this video. It will explain a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAszTptjwuI
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by SaintUlot: 1:24pm On Mar 09, 2022
Silentmoni:
am as shocked as you are,and that's even the reason why I was reluctant on calling my bank or mtn to block.......my pin used on both phone and sim is 8digit that can rarely be guessed..... someone mentioned sms pop up even when phone is locked which I think could be how they got the otp....coz when I get messages it will reel out on top of the screen even when locked

How did they get your phone number and account number, without it cardless withdrawal cannot be initiated. Sim pin is maximum of 4 digits.
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Silentmoni(m): 2:45pm On Mar 09, 2022
SaintUlot:

How did they get your phone number and account number, without it cardless withdrawal cannot be initiated. Sim pin is maximum of 4 digits.
infact I just learnt from the bank I visited today that my ussd transfer pin was changed.how they did that I don't know

1 Like

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2022
Maybe your phone wasn't locked when the person took it. Some people set as long as 15mins for their phone lock.
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Ifakiland(m): 5:42pm On Mar 09, 2022
Pascopele:
Na lie, nobody fit unlock locked sim card....nobody. end of discussion abeg
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Pharaohny: 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2022
DawnEden:

No, I didn't lock my sim but my phone was locked using a password.
Watch this video. It will explain a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAszTptjwuI

They have no business with your Phone all that is needed is your sim

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie / I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused / What Type Of Business Can I Start With ₦4M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.