Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared (44864 Views)

Help! Strange Monetary Alerts In My Access Bank Account / Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? / Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by gadgethead: 10:48pm On Mar 07, 2022
ultimateprof:
The best way to save money is not to save it in the Bank and instead of saving money in the Bank, bury it in the land and use some leaves to cover it.

Aburo Einstein grin
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by DuchessAmanda(f): 10:50pm On Mar 07, 2022
digitite:
Open account with a bank with better Cyber security system. They were just smarter fraudsters. Such loophole should be detected and closed.
Kindly name the Banks in naija with better Cyber security system
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Silentmoni(m): 10:52pm On Mar 07, 2022
Twoclans:
OP I am trying to get a hold of how this fraud was carried out .

My first suspicion would be the location you said you were coming from.Could it be that someone close to you took the phone at that location and the person knows the password for your banking transactions.

Or could it be you thought your sim and phone was encrypted with so many passwords meanwhile maybe your phone had rebooted itself or done a factory reset

What could it be? My brain is hot I cant think straight. Sorry for your loss.However your bank should atleast make a move to assist you trace the fraudster.
the truth of the matter is that my pin can't be guessed by anyone,and no one close to me can access my phone not even my siblings..the phone in question is a small button phone
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Osilama1: 10:54pm On Mar 07, 2022
Ifakiland:

Una go just dey post useless imaginary fake story....which one be careless withdrawal, we be like mumu for your eyes
when u Post real story e no go smell front page... U de mind nairaland...
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Xionez(m): 10:57pm On Mar 07, 2022
Silentmoni:
am as shocked as you are,and that's even the reason why I was reluctant on calling my bank or mtn to block.......my pin used on both phone and sim is 8digit that can rarely be guessed..... someone mentioned sms pop up even when phone is locked which I think could be how they got the otp....coz when I get messages it will reel out on top of the screen even when locked

Just put of curiosity, Which phone is that?
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by angelfallz(m): 10:57pm On Mar 07, 2022
Have you gone to the bank to complain?

JAMO84:
Me wey use my hand transfer 50k to my uncle, through my GTB app since Feb 3rd, since then, the money is still hanging in no Man's land.

1 Like

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Silentmoni(m): 11:00pm On Mar 07, 2022
For those of you doubting this story and thinking I made it up....I ask you,to what gain of mine?....I am way to big for that.
I created this thread to share my experience and for people to know that the days we are in is more evil than we think.......I am still surprised as to how the security on my phone was bypassed.....what I shared is exactly what happened,I did not take or add to it

1 Like

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by VicM6: 11:01pm On Mar 07, 2022
TheABOMINATION:

Shut up. The total amount of money you have is N10m and you are moving around in public with a smartphone that has direct access to the money, are not an idiot?
Okay, he should keep the phone at home bah....my neighbour got robbed at home last week, his laptops, tv nd some food stuffs were gone...He kept the laptop at home nd yet it was gone....Bro think like a matured man for once please, no place is safe. We re all walking on a time bomb here, you can blocked ur acct nd still receive a debit alert nd all would look like a magic to u. Remember, we are in Nigeria....Nothing is safe. If a police officer could receive a bribe, friends selling friends off for money ritual, etc. Then tell me what a bank can not do with your acct....

NOTE: IF u like keep ur phone inside a vault nd lock it up, you did be surprise wen the imagination will happen.

2 Likes

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by VicM6: 11:05pm On Mar 07, 2022
TheABOMINATION:

In the name of convenience you make things easier for armed robbers to steal all your money. Money that should be safe in the bank, you give highway robbers access to it.
Well i don't pray for such...But have u ever had an experience of an high way robbery b4?. i guess not....Because when u do bro, you will be the one giving them ur bank detaiks ur self..so be wise nd smart bro, stop thinking as if u re more intelligent than us here.

1 Like

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Silentmoni(m): 11:08pm On Mar 07, 2022
Xionez:

Just put of curiosity, Which phone is that?
itel 5360
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Silentmoni(m): 11:13pm On Mar 07, 2022
Osilama1:
when u Post real story e no go smell front page... U de mind nairaland...
if you think this story is made up you should better rethink.....I am not jobless or don't know what to do with my time than come here and start making up stories for what?
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by hatchy(f): 11:14pm On Mar 07, 2022
Silentmoni:
very true....alot of people have been complaining about how porous access Bank security is....I no believe until now!and to think I have 3 accounts with them...God help us oo
I closed mine last year after my money,over 200k was withdrawn without my authorisation. I went to the bank saverally for them to do something but without any positive results. They told me its pos withdrawal and cannot be traced. A bank staff in same Access told me that these crimes are committed with the connivance of fellow staff members.
I created a scene the day I asked them to close my account. The stupid branch manager was trying to sweet talk me to change my mind....na im I change am for am. Na beg everybody including staff and customers begin beg me. Account finally closed withing 10 munites.

Thieves on suits and skirts

3 Likes

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by angelfallz(m): 11:16pm On Mar 07, 2022
You made good points. But how many people can afford to have 2 separate smartphones?
And like I said we are in the smartphone era where you can use your phone to pay for goods and services. A smartphone is an MP3 player, cinema, bill payment device, internet surfer etc.
Smartphones were designed that way to be convenient and future smartphones would become even more and more integrated into our daily lives that leaving your phone at home would be an absolute no no.
Also, you're putting so much emphasis on the end users. Why are our banks so porous?
Why aren't other countries complaining of fraudsters clearing people's accounts if it is so easy for Nigerian fraudsters?

I understand what you're saying, but the era which we live would not allow that kind of lifestyle you're suggesting.

I personally suggest we should arm ourselves with the knowledge of what to do once our phones are missing or stolen. And also start holding banks accountable for the safety of the customers' funds.

There are a lot security measures one can take to secure his phone and his banking apps.

TheABOMINATION:

It can contain anything TikTok, WhatsApp, Facebook, game app, except money related apps. Protect your money by keeping smartphones that has to access where you store your money at home.

Look, there is nothing wrong with carrying your ATM card with you as you move around in public. But there's everything wrong with carrying the ATM card that is linked to your main account.

The total amount of money in the account of the ATM card you carry around, should not be more than 10% of your total cash.

Even if a rich man would move around with a check book, the maximum amount of money they can write in the check will not be up to 10% of their net worth.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/12/18/how-nigerian-policemen-extorted-n22million-worth-bitcoin-young-men-gunpoint-lagos

1 Like

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by TheABOMINATION: 11:16pm On Mar 07, 2022
VicM6:
Well i don't pray for such...But have u ever had an experience of an high way robbery b4?. i guess not....Because when u do bro, you will be the one giving them ur bank detaiks ur self..so be wise nd smart bro, stop thinking as if u re more intelligent than us here.

An intelligent person would have a secondary bank account that is linked to their phone app, ATM etc and a main account that is not linked to any of these where he keeps 80% of his money. Any record of transaction to the main account is deleted.

An intelligent person would create countermeasures for unfortunate encounters. Since you know that robbers will demand for your bank details, make it so that you will be fine even if you give them your bank details.

1 Like

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by caracas: 11:17pm On Mar 07, 2022
Johnbosco77:
Nawa ooooo, .

I cover my akant with the blood of Jesus...
Amen oooo
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Twoclans(f): 11:22pm On Mar 07, 2022
Silentmoni:
the truth of the matter is that my pin can't be guessed by anyone,and no one close to me can access my phone not even my siblings..the phone in question is a small button phone

I know there is something off about what happened to you, but I cant place it for now .
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by TheABOMINATION: 11:23pm On Mar 07, 2022
VicM6:
Okay, he should keep the phone at home bah....my neighbour got robbed at home last week, his laptops, tv nd some food stuffs were gone...He kept the laptop at home nd yet it was gone....Bro think like a matured man for once please, no place is safe. We re all walking on a time bomb here, you can blocked ur acct nd still receive a debit alert nd all would look like a magic to u. Remember, we are in Nigeria....Nothing is safe. If a police officer could receive a bribe, friends selling friends off for money ritual, etc. Then tell me what a bank can not do with your acct....

NOTE: IF u like keep ur phone inside a vault nd lock it up, you did be surprise wen the imagination will happen.

So you are saying in Nigeria people are safe not by being careful but by the grace of God.
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Silentmoni(m): 11:24pm On Mar 07, 2022
hatchy:
I closed mine last year after my money,over 200k was withdrawn without my authorisation. I went to the bank saverally for them to do something but without any positive results. They told me its pos withdrawal and cannot be traced. A bank staff in same Access told me that these crimes are committed with the connivance of fellow staff members.
I created a scene the day I asked them to close my account. The stupid branch manager was trying to sweet talk me to change my mind....na im I change am for am. Na beg everybody including staff and customers begin beg me. Account finally closed withing 10 munites.

Thieves on suits and skirts
seriously the have been showing me signs of how porous thier security is....few weeks ago I called them to complain how they have been secretly debiting me for long without sending me alert as to what the debit was for....and all I was told was that it's network issues.....I was still planning on making out time to visit the bank since most of my transactions are online before this happened...infact I have 3accounts with them from the days of diamond I had diamond and Access account so when they merged I now run 3accounts with them....I will have to close all 3 and make do with other banks I have account with

1 Like

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Meedass(m): 11:24pm On Mar 07, 2022
Your point is valid �
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by VicM6: 11:27pm On Mar 07, 2022
TheABOMINATION:

An intelligent person would have a secondary bank account that is linked to their phone app, ATM etc and a main account that is not linked to any of these where he keeps 80% of his money. Any record of transaction to the main account is deleted.

An intelligent person would create countermeasures for unfortunate encounters. Since you know that robbers will demand for your bank details, make it so that you will be fine even if you give them your bank details.
No worry, ur eyes never open yet....the day e go open then u go know say with, primary, secondary or university acct; no wan safe.
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Silentmoni(m): 11:30pm On Mar 07, 2022
TheABOMINATION:

So you are saying in Nigeria people are safe not by being careful but by the grace of God.
this is so true bro.....I am so careful with my phone to the point that almost everything is encrypted to the point no one close to me bothers going close to my phone....I am one of the person that never believed my account can be hacked,even my signature is so complicated that whenever I sign in the bank the cashier go look me 2times and either shake head or comment....infact I caution people about security of thier phones and accounts....but here I found myself in this

1 Like

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Silentmoni(m): 11:35pm On Mar 07, 2022
TheABOMINATION:

oga just pray not to see evil,forget counter measures,so I taught until it happened to me
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Silentmoni(m): 11:37pm On Mar 07, 2022
Twoclans:

I know there is something off about what happened to you, but I cant place it for now .

I am still trying to figure out how it happened myself,it's a puzzle am yet to solve seriously
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by femiolorun(m): 11:37pm On Mar 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:

But you should have known these fraudster are way too smart these days, they'll definitely find a way to bypass anything just to get your money regardless.

Even that bank sef, It's full of fraudsters ???

I love your statement, that bank is full of fraudsters, i pity people that still bank with them, they did that to me as well when my phone was missing using whatsapp to move my money.
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Osilama1: 11:39pm On Mar 07, 2022
Silentmoni:
For those of you doubting this story and thinking I made it up....I ask you,to what gain of mine?....I am way to big for that.
I created this thread to share my experience and for people to know that the days we are in is more evil than we think.......I am still surprised as to how the security on my phone was bypassed.....what I shared is exactly what happened,I did not take or add to it
as we de post stories e no de enta front page na abi nairaland mods de do partial... As for banks they don't know what they are saying to say it can't be traced CBN their oga u send emails no replies... This country isn't working efficiently it's sad these fraudsters get away with a lot
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Osilama1: 11:41pm On Mar 07, 2022
Silentmoni:
if you think this story is made up you should better rethink.....I am not jobless or don't know what to do with my time than come here and start making up stories for what?
well in a faceless forum as this doubts is a common feature sha
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Silentmoni(m): 11:45pm On Mar 07, 2022
TheABOMINATION:
Majority of Nigerians are as foolish as the op, their smartphone happens to be their personal computer, which they use to access their bank accounts, cryptocurrency exchange, PayPal, Skrill and other ewallet.

Despite knowing that if their smartphone is stolen, or they are caught by authorized or unauthorized criminals, they will lose all their money, they will still carry their smartphone with them as they move around in public.

Your secondary phone can contain anything TikTok, WhatsApp, Facebook, game app, except money related apps. Protect your money by keeping smartphones that has to access where you store your money at home.

Look, there is nothing wrong with carrying your ATM card with you as you move around in public. But there's everything wrong with carrying the ATM card that is linked to your main account.

The total amount of money in the account of the ATM card you carry around, should not be more than 10% of your total cash.

Even if a rich man would move around with a check book, the maximum amount of money they can write in the check will not be up to 10% of their net worth.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/12/18/how-nigerian-policemen-extorted-n22million-worth-bitcoin-young-men-gunpoint-lagos
it's obvious you are not a businessman.... because if you are you would know better....just pray not to see evil......I operate 6different account from 4 banks and you should know I would not be a carefree person as not to put measures in place to secure my accounts.

2 Likes

Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Primusinterpares(m): 11:46pm On Mar 07, 2022
With sim lock... I doubt of it was through your sim that the transaction was made. However the porosity of some of these bank these days is so terrible.
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by femiolorun(m): 11:47pm On Mar 07, 2022
I guess you are one of their staff, access bank over my dead body, they do me sege with whatsapp, i thot i had all the encryption but alias, they used whatsapp to move my money, even you can imagin, i went to complain and the bank manager has never heard such before, if not for one of their marketer that now explained to so call manager, awon bank werey.

quote author=PastorFire post=110835028]I don't entirely believe your story. You must have been careless at some point. After from losing the phone. [/quote]
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by digitite: 11:50pm On Mar 07, 2022
DuchessAmanda:

Kindly name the Banks in naija with better Cyber security system

1. GTB. 2. ZENITH.

There are ways to know the process of security and encryption, eg those who are adopting the new security system like Blockchain Technology of Distributed Ledger.

Although Banking is changing and any bank that does not rapidly update their systems will be taken advantage of by fraudsters.
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by femiolorun(m): 11:52pm On Mar 07, 2022
I can argue this with you that, if the customer service had release any info then they dont know their work, cos a good customer services will ask 1001 question before releasing any info. Infact they ask some question that the owner of information at times forget his or her info

lied:
THE PERSON YOU WENT TO VISIT DID IT.

I AM 100 PERCENT SURE.

Stole your phone and he probably knows your phone unlock code.
As for you sim-pin, he simply contacted customercare for your PUK. Pretending to be you.
Re: How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared by Silentmoni(m): 12:01am On Mar 08, 2022
lied:
THE PERSON YOU WENT TO VISIT DID IT.

I AM 100 PERCENT SURE.

Stole your phone and he probably knows your phone unlock code.
As for you sim-pin, he simply contacted customercare for your PUK. Pretending to be you.
the person I visited is a pastor he left his office before me because he needed to attend to an urgent matter and I was with my phone when he left....so when I noticed my phone was missing when I got down from the Keke I taught I had forgotten it in his office until I called and he told me it wasn't there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Naira Swap: Customers Cook And Eat Noodle At GTBank In Aba (Video, Pictures) / Do Not Fall For These Scam!!!! ( Screen Shots) / 3 Unique Businesses You Can Start From Home With Very Little Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.