Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces (38170 Views)

70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies / Man Stabs Wife To Death, Kills Self In Ogun Village / Man Stabs Wife To Death For Bearing Female Children. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by kandiikane(m): 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2011
^^Umm, excuse me. .Were you not the one calling Africans names such as ugly, unintelligent etc on another thread? 

lmao@walnut size brain dribbling in the head
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by tlops(m): 7:18pm On Jun 30, 2011
:-x
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by ShyOne(f): 7:20pm On Jun 30, 2011
Kandi

u really must "read for comprehension" - that's why I wouldn't give in and agree with you because I knew you were reading wrong.  I was posting "popular opinions" held by large groups of people.  which is another thread. that is why as you saw that regardless to how upset you kept getting, u saw i didn't get upset with u, because it was clear to me that u were misreading and taking offense where none was intended.

so you are excused.

i also mentioned aa's ---- not just africans ------ another oversight on your part as well.

anyway, let's move forward, shall we wink
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by phreakabit(m): 7:23pm On Jun 30, 2011
kandiikane:

^^Umm, excuse me. .Were you not the one calling Africans names such as ugly, unintelligent etc on another thread? 

lmao@walnut size brain dribbling in the head

Don't get me wrong. I said Black Americans where unintelligent( Obviously referring to indigenous black Americans). I never said anything about Africans or "African Americans". After-all I am a full fledged African Myself.

I never said anything about being ugly. That would be cougar not me.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by norrisman: 7:23pm On Jun 30, 2011
Mental health is an area that is neglected in Nigeria. I know of only two institutions that deal with mental health issues in Nigeria; Yaba Left and Aro in Ogun state. There may well be others but the issue is that these institutions only deal with cases where there is no redemption i.e. cases where people have completely lost it and these institutions serve as asylums and not rehabilitation centres.

Many people suffer from mental issues in Nigeria and is clearly evident on Nairaland but because of our cultural sensitivities, cases are buried or prayed about and illnesses get worse and beyond treatment.

Anyone that thinks this guy was anything other than a mental case needs to broaden their world view.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by kandiikane(m): 7:26pm On Jun 30, 2011
@shyone
Love, I am just saying what you wrote nothing more wink
Until you have gone around to survey black Africans your so-called study on a large majority of Africans is irrelevant.

Come on now, we know mental illnesses is neglected Africa not just Nigeria but lets not always blame the wrong doings of someone on it. People can kill in cold blood without any remorse just because they felt like it.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by Sicherheit(m): 7:37pm On Jun 30, 2011
circlet:

Jobless graduate stabs wife to death, dismembers corpse 
By Eniola Akinkuotu   
Thursday, 30 Jun 2011   

View All (206) Comment(s) 
  Post Comment
  Twitter 
  Send to friend

The couple on their wedding 

When 30-year-old Akolade Arowolo and Titilayo tied the knot in November 2008, there was merrymaking as families, friends and well-wishers joined them to celebrate what appeared like true love. Many unmarried young men and women, who graced the occasion, wished they were in the shoes of the couple.

After a while, it was learnt that the couple had a baby girl. Both families and well-wishers were on hand to share the joy of the arrival of the baby with Akolade and Titilayo.

However, on Friday, it was with rude shock and disbelief that the residents of Aswani area of Isolo, Lagos where the couple lived, received the news that Titilayo had been stabbed in the chest and her body mutilated by her husband.

The question on everybody’s lips was: what could have gone wrong? Curious enough, Titilayo was murdered on her husband’s 30th birthday.

When PUNCH METRO spoke with a former classmate of Akolade in the University of Lagos, he said Akolade battered his wife on several occasions because he was frustrated. Akolade’s classmate, who craved anonymity, suspected that he (Akolade) was drunk and stabbed her to death on the day of the incident.

He said, “Arowolo lost his job about two years ago. Titilayo had been sustaining the family with her salaries. I heard he beat her, but she did not tell her relatives. She however confided in one of her colleagues.

“She got home one day and saw that he had sold her car. When she confronted him, he said he needed money. It strained their marriage for a while and she left the house. But she later went back.”

[size=18pt]
It was learnt that Titilayo, an employee of Skye Bank, Marina, confided in one of her colleagues that her marriage was undergoing challenges but was reluctant to leave because she did not want her daughter to be raised in a broken home.

[/size]

Some of Akolade’s colleagues at the Federal Government College, Ijankin, Lagos, in 1998, who did not want their names to be mentioned because of the sensitivity of the case, described him as an easy going person, “who does not meddle in other people’s affairs.”

One of his colleagues, who gave his name simply as Tayo, after much pressure by our correspondent, said, “Arowolo was ahead of me for a year in Ijanikin. Sometimes he would be absent from school for a whole term and you would not even notice because he never got into trouble and never kept many friends.”

PUNCH METRO gathered that although Akolade was not gainfully employed, he was running a company registered as ‘Auditing Business’ and functioned as both the auditor and the Chief Executive Officer. Despite this, it was learnt that Titilayo was solely responsible for the upkeep of the family and this frequently caused friction between the couple.

One of Titilayo’s colleagues in the office, who craved anonymity said, “ Last Friday, she (Titilayo) started her leave and informed her parents she would be coming over for the weekend because her father lives in Ifako while she lived in Isolo with her husband. She was the one that even paid the house rent. She paid about N1.3m recently.

“When her relatives didn’t hear from her again, they called her phone several times but she didn’t pick her calls. Later, her husband called back to say they had a small misunderstanding, which had been sorted out.

“They asked to speak with her, but he said she was busy and would call back later. But they didn’t hear from them again. The neighbours however saw her husband jump through the window with blood stains and drove off. But since there was no screaming from the apartment or any noise to suggest they were quarrelling, the neighbours thought all was well.”

PUNCH METRO gathered that Titilayo’s body was discovered two days later with a knife still in her neck. She was stabbed severally in the face and chest.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Samuel Jinadu, said he was not aware of the incident and asked that he should be given more time to find out.

But when he was called two hours later, he said, “You still have to give me more time because I just left a meeting now.”

Poor woman, she was trying to save her daughter the heartache of being rejected in the future for coming from a broken home. So now that the daughter is a product of a murdering home, will she be more appealing to future suitors, will she make a better wife? undecided
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by ShyOne(f): 7:37pm On Jun 30, 2011
@KK

ok - i agree with whatever you say, this poor woman has been murdered let's focus on the thread.

it's blazing hot over here, dreaming of cool breeze, tall glass of water [shy-one dripping with sweat]
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by kandiikane(m): 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2011
wink
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by tpia5: 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2011
a normal human being does not butcher his wife like a mad animal.

the killer obviously is coming from somewhere and usually it is ritualists and cultists who murder in that manner.

like i pointed out in my thread on misogyny, women hatred is a very deep psychological disorder and the way in which this woman was killed wouldnt be viewed by any right thinking person, as a mere effect of the "average" problems most married couples face.

God is the revealer of secrets and the real facts behind this story will come out some day.

people should stop encouraging evil- i've repeatedly emphasized this many times in this place.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by kandiikane(m): 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2011
phreakabit:

Don't get me wrong. I said Black Americans where unintelligent( Obviously referring to indigenous black Americans). I never said anything about Africans or "African Americans". After-all I am a full fledged African Myself.

I never said anything about being ugly. That would be cougar not me.
My comment was not referring to you. Is this your conscious showing you off?  grin
But were there Blacks before African Americans?
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by ragdollz: 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2011
How some women have the courage to leave their parents' home to get married and live with their husbands has now become a big risk!! Imagine someone she married murdering her so cold-bloodedly! Makes you wonder if there's three angles: he went mental and hacked her. OR he wanted to use her for rituals but it backfired on him. OR he just hated her guts and blamed her for all his probs and thought she was a witch. Girls, shine your eyes before you pack into that matrimonial home cos some men have deep-seated psychoses and mental issues that a whole year of courtship can never tell you [s](now me sef I'm scared to go husband house  tongue)[/s]
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by dayokanu(m): 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2011
Shy-One:

@KK

ok - i agree with whatever you say, this poor woman has been murdered let's focus on the thread.

it's blazing hot over here, dreaming of cool breeze, tall glass of water [shy-one dripping with sweat]

Helloooo
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by 2mch(m): 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2011
My daughter must learn karate and kung fu, to fight any weakling whether male or female. cool

RIP Titi
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by Meedu(m): 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2011
PARANORMAL ACTIVITY
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by uglyBetty1(f): 8:42pm On Jun 30, 2011
Man God help us in this thing called marriage. My heart goes out to the Titi who was trying all she could to save her marriage. RIP.

Gosh, i had one experience with a guy when i was serving. The guy saw me as his bank. He was always coming to me for money whereas we are corpers toghter. Atimes, if i tell him that i don't have money he will start shouting at me, that after all, he heard when my elder sis promised to send me money. Na wah.

After service we went to our various states, God being so kind on me, i got a job before him, he continued asking me for money telling me that if it were to be him, that he will do more for me. I gave him some money, he later came up with the talk that he wants to marry me. I run as fast as my leg can carry me. He wants to control me and my money, haba. I said God forbid. He called me sometime that he is into a poltical race in his town, that i should loan him money that he will pay me back later. Haba, who dey sure say he go win, i tuld him that  i used my money to pay for the business school that am attending and that i don't have a dime.Lol.

This one na marriage because of money way fit turn abusive if not checked or by the time he feels you are getting more than him, whala.

God will help us oooo
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by ragdollz: 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2011
[size=25pt]Arowolo lost his job about two years ago[/size]. Titilayo had been sustaining the family with her salaries. I heard he beat her.

She got home one day and saw that he had sold her car. When she confronted him, [size=30pt]he said he needed money[/size]. It strained their marriage for a while and she left the house. But she later went back.

Titilayo’s body was discovered two days later with a knife still in her neck. [size=32pt]She was stabbed severally in the face and chest.[/size]

1. Guy loses job.

2. Wife has good job, pays the bills n rent.

3. Man starts to feel inadequate. Friction in the home. Beating starts.

4. Wife confides in friend, leaves but returns in order to keep the home; they have a child.

5. Things escalate: husband beats wife, sells car. NEEDS MONEY. Probably now on drugs or narcotics (?) Or probably into cultism and ritualism.

6. Wife returns to husband for final reconciliation. Gets murdered.

7. Family call, husband lies that she's fine.

8. Wife found dead with husband.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by tpia5: 8:52pm On Jun 30, 2011
i wonder if he needed money for drugs, or if he was processing his papers out of the country.

probably meant to start life afresh elsewhere as if nothing happened.

lord please uncover every demon roaming around in human skin.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by Tyche(m): 9:02pm On Jun 30, 2011
It's a pity.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by vislabraye(m): 9:09pm On Jun 30, 2011
This is horrorful. I don't know what will restrain me from killing the man if I were related to the lady.  I don't think anything should warrant him doing such act. Or how much can she nag that would make him kill her?

This should set as a warning for a lot of ladies.  I believe marriage is honourable, but when you start seeing signs of violence, u gat to look for a way to leave. . Some people would want to save their marriage by persevering, but by default leave a violent man.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by obowunmi(m): 9:09pm On Jun 30, 2011
tpia@:

i wonder if he needed money for drugs, or if he was processing his papers out of the country.

probably meant to start life afresh elsewhere as if nothing happened.

lord please uncover every demon roaming around in human skin.

Thats some scary sh**t  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by hakunajay(m): 9:10pm On Jun 30, 2011
Hmmmmm na wa oh!
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by ragdollz: 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2011
vislabraye:

This is horrorful. I don't know what will restrain me from killing the man if I were related to the lady.  I don't think anything should warrant him doing such act. Or [size=20pt]how much can she nag that would make him kill her?[/size]

This should set as a warning for a lot of ladies.  I believe marriage is honourable, but when you start seeing signs of violence, u gat to look for a way to leave. . Some people would want to save their marriage by persevering, but by default leave a violent man.

No amount of nagging caused this. It was plain pre-meditated, cold-blooded murder. Stabbing or breaking her head or strangling her might have been understandable as an act in the heat of the moment. But graduating from that to cutting her to pieces is just a big pointer to the fact that he had prolly been planning this for weeks or months
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by tpia5: 9:17pm On Jun 30, 2011
that's what it looks like.

what did he do with the money he got from selling her car?

i suspect at least part of it was to arrange papers taking him out of the country.

it seems he was arrested when he came back to the house to get some items.

God save us from demons in human form.

i've long said that nigerian criminals and psychopaths make up the bulk of the ones being shipped out of the country nowadays.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by ada24: 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2011
As shocking as this story is - are we REALLY that surprised. The way the Nigerian society is built up does not favour women AT ALL.

some people are even opening their uncivilised mouths to say "we don't know the full story" - I laugh out loud in Swahili. In the western world I wonder what story the judge and jury would be told to justify killing ur wife and chopping her up for human pepper soup.

a man cheats - its his wife's fault
he beats his wife - its her fault
he is taking drugs - its her fault
he looses his job - his wife is a witch
he dies - she killed him
she tries to claim what they both worked hard to acquire when he was alive - she is a witch who killed him for his money
no children in the marriage - it is the woman fault

stop saying the man was possessed - he was not!!!! the only mental problem he had was unchecked/undiagnosed and untreated depression

as soon as the society takes domestic violence as a VERY SERIOUS issue then we will be hearing more and more stories like this. I mean come on u only have to read what some men come out with here on NL to know its an issue that is more epidemic than a swine flu outbreak. Everyday a woman is nursing cuts, bruises and broken bones in that country and she is told to "be more submissive" "fast and pray - after all he is ur husband"

the number of men who beat up their pregnant wives and then announce - she had a miscarriage is more common than people know (I hear too many stories)

this woman was trying to ensure her daughter would marry in future "cos who wants a woman from a broken home", anyway i have to go cos duty calls.

May the woman rest in peace and may this man rot in hell where he belongs.

this man probably killed his wife cos he wanted to marry his girlfriend. I'm waiting for part 2 of this story where he says the all too familiar "IT WAS THE DEVIL"
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by phreakabit(m): 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2011
kandiikane:

My comment was not referring to you. Is this your conscious showing you off?  grin
But were there Blacks before African Americans?

I am guessing your question is directed at this sentence in my statement: Indigenous black Americans.

The reason I said Indigenous is that most of them if not all have lost trace of their family linage and can't trace it back to their ROOTS, here in Africa. So they have been forced to create a new identity, culture and tradition for themselves over there ( Which is not a pretty one, I must say), whilst automatically inheriting indigene status. I know they are originally of African descent but the years gone by has changed a lot of things, utilization of the brain being the most noticeable .
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by kandiikane(m): 10:03pm On Jun 30, 2011
You are talking about African Americans then.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by phreakabit(m): 10:07pm On Jun 30, 2011
The most likely motivation/cause of this crime is insanity.

Acute depression and thinking added to solitary confinement of some sorts (when left alone at home), is more than enough to push anyone beyond the borders of sanity. However it could be anything else. Very saddening event TBH.

kandiikane:

You are talking about African Americans then.

Have you ever come across a Black American(s), who says the worst thing you can call him/her is an AFRICAN? Well, I have. So, see, we are two very different breeds of the same race.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 30, 2011
as in, this is so crazy, na wa oh, this is just gender in-equality at its peak, the male needs education
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by tpia5: 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2011
u only have to read what some men come out with here on NL to know its an issue that is more epidemic than a swine flu outbreak.

true that.

and they want everyone to see it as normal.

whereas[b] they [/b] are the ones who are abnormal.

i hope this isnt a cursed generation.

as for the women supporting these sociopaths- well, you will reap whatever you sow because God is not mocked.

i've always spoken out against this crazed psychotism that typifies these internet tingods, and been jumped for it many times in the process. However, we cant all be crazy all of the time. Some people have to remain sane if only for "anobi's" sake.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by cap28: 1:15am On Jul 01, 2011
I beleive that this guy had some sort of mental illness which he was able to cover up years until he found himself in a pressurised situation - marriage, unemployment and a baby to look after - faced with all these pressures he snapped and reverted to his true character.

I think that he was merely using religion as a cover to mask his true character and personality.

I feel such pity for the woman and her family - I wish the woman had listened to her dad and just left, once a man turns violent in a relationship it usually escalates.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by tpia5: 1:19am On Jul 01, 2011
he was merely using religion as a cover to mask his true character and personality.

definitely.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Delta: Father Of Six Commits Suicide Over Wife's Infidelity / Woman Burst Into Tears Crying After Police Officer Beat Her Husband To Death(Pic / Gunmen Invade Ibrahim Magu’s House, Kill Policeman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.