Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ (57423 Views)

Burial Photos Of DIG Joseph Obiajulu Egbunike / How Fish Bone Led To DIG Egbunike’s Death – Report / DIG Egbunike Slumps, Dies In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by dre11(m): 3:33pm On Mar 09, 2022
By Sade Owoyemi

The chain of events that led to the death of Joseph Egbunike, a Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Police in charge of the Force Criminal Investigations Department (FCID), began from the seemingly harmless consumption of a meal, FIJ can report.

According to insiders at the Force Heaquarters, Abuja, [b]Egbunike was eating a meal in his office on Tuesday when “a fish bone stuck in the wrong place”.

“He was eating in his office when he got hooked in the throat by a fish bone, and all efforts to retrieve it proved abortive,” a long-standing FIJ source at the Force headquarters said. “He had to be rushed to the hospital, where doctors successfully removed it via a surgery.”

Egbunike, the source said, felt better after the procedure, so he returned home.

“However, not long after returning home, he started feeling great discomfort again and had to be returned to the hospital; that is where he eventually died.”[/b]

A second Force Headquarters source, who also confirmed Egbunike was at the hospital to remove the fish bone, said the DIG, being obese, was always at risk of worsened health condition after any surgical process, no matter how uncomplicated it seems.

“His health was so fragile because he was obese,” said the source, “and he tried his best to manage it, for example with the standard bed inside his office that enabled him to rest at short intervals whenever he felt weak.”

Until his death, Egbunike headed the Police Special Investigations Panel that probed Abba Kyari, the suspended Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) and head of the Police Intelligence Response Team (IRT), over his alleged involvement in fraud.

He was previously the Commissioner of Police in charge of budget and finance at the Force headquarters.

Egbunike held a Bachelor of Science (Hons) Accounting degree from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka; a Bachelor of Laws (LLB Hons.), B.L.; a Masters in International Law and Diplomacy (MILD); and a PhD in Criminology.

Professionally, he belonged to the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN), Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), Institute of Cost Management (ICM), Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM) and the Chartered Institute of Fraud Examiners.

SOURCE

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by Penguin2: 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2022
So much for someone they claimed “slumped and died in his office”.

I knew the Deep State took him out.

The man probably knew too much or was against a certain abracadabra they planned to commit.

Being a security personnel is a risk everywhere in the world.

Even the CIA does not fail to eliminate an agent who either knows too much or whose existence would be a future danger to the service.

RIP DIG Egbunike, I hope your death benefits are paid to your family in time.

190 Likes 13 Shares

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by immortalcrown(m): 3:36pm On Mar 09, 2022
Hmmm!
When sudden death visits a poor man, no much controversy. When it is on a high-profile person, even birds in the air are suspects.

45 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by Throwback: 3:39pm On Mar 09, 2022
“His health was so fragile because he was obese,” said the source, “and he tried his best to manage it, for example with the standard bed inside his office that enabled him to rest at short intervals whenever he felt weak.”

He was certainly no longer fit for the job.

178 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by Olunmercy56(f): 3:44pm On Mar 09, 2022
They killed him

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by Antoeni(m): 3:45pm On Mar 09, 2022
Once You Have Data,
You can Never Get Tired of This Country.
Fish Bone Hooked His Throat

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by FreeStuffsNG: 3:48pm On Mar 09, 2022
Hmmm. This is somehow fishy and should be investigated.
Adieu Great Nigerian Patriot.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by inoki247: 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
You will start seeing different story now food don done for bloggers nd the media.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by Wizlead: 4:04pm On Mar 09, 2022
Abba Kyari at work.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by kingphilip(m): 4:08pm On Mar 09, 2022
We will soon be reading the last water he drank and the last poopoo he poopooed before his death.

Person don die e don die which one be fishbone for the food wey him chop again?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by Gadafii: 4:41pm On Mar 09, 2022
Same way they killed Obadiah mailafia

Demonic govt

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by AntiBMC(m): 4:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
The man was poofed....there, I said it. Why's everyone dancing around the fact instead of hitting the nail on the head?

That “he was obese” and “he had a standard bed in his office” statement...gave them away. They couldn't help themselves... they had to ridicule him...with such petty rants.

So someone who has been eating food all his life, suddenly forgot how to avoid swallowing bone? Very convenient for the super crook and his goons.

122 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by HernanCortes: 4:54pm On Mar 09, 2022
God just decided it was time to punish a greedy bastard

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by Truvelisback(m): 4:55pm On Mar 09, 2022
Olunmercy56:
They killed him
Yes, poison. Possibly, spiritual means.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 09, 2022
What Abba kyari cannot destroy does not exist.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by Beremx(f): 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2022
He swallowed bone as in how?

An autopsy should be conducted to know what killed him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by boringdraw: 6:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
Very sad, but God knows best. RIP to the dead

Half Time - Over 0.5 goals
Croatia » Croatian Cup
Rijeka - Osijek
Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by Danmboss(m): 8:07pm On Mar 09, 2022
Babalow don see alert, if you know you know.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by PenSniper: 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2022
Throwback:

He was certainly no longer fit for the job.

You're right. The job stress was getting too much for his weak health.
He ought to've retired for his own sake.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by kettykings: 8:29pm On Mar 09, 2022
Fish bone theory, they should tell this to the marine, who has fish bone killed in the history of mankind. What a coincidence, igboho was released, umahi was sacked and the fish bone theory, all within 24 hours. Nigeria is now a full blown Nollywood , Bollywood movie

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2022
If I no chew fish for 10 minutes I don’t swallow, dangerous shit; depends on the one I’m eating though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:57pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kingsuave:
What Abba kyari cannot destroy does not exist.

Abeg you get that vawulence pic wey comrade put gas cylinder ontop flames?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by jom28gy(m): 9:05pm On Mar 09, 2022
dre11:

SOURCE

what might have caused this?
Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by jom28gy(m): 9:06pm On Mar 09, 2022
[quote author=FreeStuffsNG post=110888321]Hmmm. This is somehow fishy and should be investigated.
Adieu Great Nigerian Patriot.[/quoten] needed to be investigated
Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by jom28gy(m): 9:08pm On Mar 09, 2022
Where does he comes from?
Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 09, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Abeg you get that vawulence pic wey comrade put gas cylinder ontop flames?

I no get am,make person take style help us with am nagrin

4 Likes

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by Nobody: 6:22am On Mar 10, 2022
So dem no fit mould big eba gi am make he swallow push the bone inside belle? Na surgery for hospital dem do?

Toh, wetin concern me.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by SocialJustice: 7:11am On Mar 10, 2022
Penguin2:
So much for someone they claimed “slumped and died in his office”.

I knew the Deep State took him out.

The man probably knew too much or was against a certain abracadabra they planned to commit.

Being a security personnel is a risk everywhere in the world.

Even the CIA does not fail to eliminate an agent who either knows too much or whose existence would be a future danger to the service.

RIP DIG Egbunike, I hope your death benefits are paid to your family in time.
After the explanation, you still have this to say. Nigerians sha. Tufiakwa.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by DropsMic(m): 10:44am On Mar 10, 2022
Last meal

2 Likes

Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by Biyarocide(m): 10:44am On Mar 10, 2022
Hard luck
Re: The Meal That Led To DIG Joseph Egbunike’s Death - FIJ by EinsteinBoy: 10:44am On Mar 10, 2022
I just dey thank my Creator say I no join this yeye NPF. I know say I go die one day buh I no wan yeye death. There's one of my area brothers that joined the service just of recent. Many things happened to him that he told me he didn't expect. Weeks later, he was introduced to bribery collection on highway, omo baba no fit cope. He went back to his bosses to explain how he felt reluctant about it. Next thing they did was posting him to one high-ranked office house, a remote area in one bush. The situation was even terrible this time, a quite place he could be killed at any time with no one knowing. Las las, baba go back to go beg hin bosses, serious begging. Before he was tossed back to high way. Now, hin dey use cap to cover face. I feel for am ooo. Now, I don say unemployment can lead us to unfavorable jobs.

NPF is totally ruined with corruption, only God and total collective intervention from we (government officials and citizens) can save the organization.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Adesina In Igbo Attire, Spotted With Buhari Aboard Air Force Jet 001 / Bolouere Opukiri: Lady Sacked For Criticising Osinbajo & Aisha Buhari Online / Photos: Military prepared to take on massive aggressive APC supporters in Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.