Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,552 members, 7,823,436 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment (35726 Views)

My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State / Potbellied Senior Corper Spotted At Rivers NYSC Orientation Camp / Kano Corpers And Camp Soldiers Clash In Karaye NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by HarunaWest(m): 3:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
Titugirl:

I camped in Umunna Bende too but I was practically counting my days there. The whole Nysc orientation camp experience was just too stressful for me.
lol..sorry joor I know how it feels. It wan not my first time in a camp so i acclimatized easily. What yr/batch?
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by HarunaWest(m): 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
Emmariks:
Ochendu Y2. I see you.
Ochendo Global

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by HarunaWest(m): 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
aaking:

I de tell you. Umunna bende is lovely area cool and calm. Orji kalu's hometown. The camp is one is one of the Best in Nigeria. The meals are topnotch especially Sunday special
Absolutely

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Andeze(m): 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
As in ehhn, i remember my days in fanisau camp in Jigawa state 2020, slimming of nysc trouser is 1k, 1.5k, the thing needs to be checked.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Padipadi(m): 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
SalisuJasper:
I am currently in plateau state nysc orientation camp and with what i have seen so far, the government needs to do better as the 21days in camp can actually put you into depression if you are not bouyant in cash.

The officials have turned the place to a living hell and they find a means in all ways to extort student instead of making life very easy.

i will be pointing out some point thats need to be checked.

They disconnect all the socket in the camp and corp members are being forced to charge at the mami market.

Power bank goes for 100 naira and phones goes for 70 naira. You will have to charge everyday and lets say 200 naira per day for 21days thats total of 4,200.

using of the POS machine for cash withdrawal.

They do not charge the normal fee they do outside the camp.

To collect 1k is 100 naira and anything above that is 200 naira, 8k is 250 and 10k is 300.

Just imagine all this.

Most times we will have to buy water in the morning for 50 naira, when there will be no water in the tank to bath.

I thought the government make provisions for all this and i wonder why the officials are milking the people dry thru the maami market.
I served in plateau state over 11yrs ago. That was when the camp was in miangu rd. Nysc knew abt dz corruption

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Emmariks(m): 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2022
Titugirl:

I camped in Umunna Bende too but I was practically counting my days there. The whole Nysc orientation camp experience was just too stressful for me.
what year was that
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by falcon01: 4:12pm On Mar 10, 2022
nairaman66:

Did you read where he mentioned where he is? If you didn’t here it is again..

that's why I said it's his camp problem, not all camp are like that
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Muzikluva(m): 4:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
HarunaWest:
chai sorry bout your experience. Some people are just bad in this country kowai. Our camp coordinator then was a lady. A good mother. She took care of us like her own and we behaved well through out the experience.
Our state coordinator was a woman but they the camp commandant still threatened us to keep mute with her consent when the DG NYSC was planning to visit so we don’t expose all the bad practices going on. May God help us in this country! Corruption is from the grassroots.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Gidagreen(m): 5:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
Just ranting on pettiness, it depends on the state and how the state government support the NYSC camp. In your home gan, there is no constant electricity, if you have it's expensive, the power supply situation is like that nationwide.

You hypocritically didn't talk about many things that you got free in the camp. The bed space, free food, medicals, free vocational skill trainings, free life hack skills, kits and uniform, bicycle and transport allowance, the 33k and so on. You are even lucky there has been soci-economic development in recent time in Nigeria. That place is a regimental camp for replicating a military lifestyle, stop painting the government and it's official bad about everything.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Aaay: 5:44pm On Mar 10, 2022
Oh
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Rawhumper(m): 5:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
You have reported against your camp and
theš corpers protest.

What is killing Nigerians is dying in ,silence.

uote author=SalisuJasper post=110897111]I am currently in plateau state nysc orientation camp and with what i have seen so far, the government needs to do better as the 21days in camp can actually put you into depression if you are not bouyant in cash.

The officials have turned the place to a living hell and they find a means in all ways to extort student instead of making life very easy.

i will be pointing out some point thats need to be checked.

They disconnect all the socket in the camp and corp members are being forced to charge at the mami market.

Power bank goes for 100 naira and phones goes for 70 naira. You will have to charge everyday and lets say 200 naira per day for 21days thats total of 4,200.

using of the POS machine for cash withdrawal.

They do not charge the normal fee they do outside the camp.

To collect 1k is 100 naira and anything above that is 200 naira, 8k is 250 and 10k is 300.

Just imagine all this.

Most times we will have to buy water in the morning for 50 naira, when there will be no water in the tank to bath.

I thought the government make provisions for all this and i wonder why the officials are milking the people dry thru the maami market.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Nozino: 6:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
Perfectnumber6:

Years back i camped in that same Mangu where you are now .. Things weren't like this honestly it was a good place and the sockets were working well sometimes they disconnect it but we had Electrical Engineering Corp members who will connect it back and we will charge .

I’m not in Mangu. I left last year.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by haleemrahman490: 7:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
I camped in asaya, kogi state, the whole thing is a terrible experience for me here, things are too damn expensive here, they disconnected all the whole socket in the hostel and we charge our phone and powerbank with #100 n #150 in the mami market respectively, just slim fitting of kaki is 2k, what about the pos, photocopy and others basic things a coper needed in a camp. We ate terrible food here every blessed day from water and bread they called tea to overwater tasteless egusi soup etc. I thank God for life sha, few days to go.

2 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Fvckyouall: 8:06pm On Mar 10, 2022
EtteP:
Here in Delta State things are very expensive. One bag of pure water #300, a plate of food #500, changing of phone #100, POS #150 for 5k, barbing #500 etc. I thank God it's only few days that is remaining

How was the light and water(bathing) system
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by ImoleNaija: 10:34pm On Mar 10, 2022
Titugirl:

Same here. NYSC camp made me appreciate freedom. It was hellish in there, esp for the introverts.

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Anieheart: 11:29pm On Mar 10, 2022
Nozino:

I camped in mangu last year. Everything he said is true. But those people are businessmen. If they tell you how much they are charged, you’d be surprised. There’s an ATM at the admin block. Charging phone was N50.
as at 2019 when I camped there things were a bit fair
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Titugirl(f): 8:57am On Mar 11, 2022
Emmariks:
what year was that
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Titugirl(f): 9:13am On Mar 11, 2022
ImoleNaija:

Same here. NYSC camp made me appreciate freedom. It was hellish in there, esp for the introverts.
Omo! The first few days after I left, I had PTSD. That place is not for the faint hearted

3 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Titugirl(f): 9:19am On Mar 11, 2022
HarunaWest:
lol..sorry joor I know how it feels. It wan not my first time in a camp so i acclimatized easily. What yr/batch?
Thanks... it was a really stressful experience for me.
2021/batch c
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Nashmad(m): 9:41am On Mar 11, 2022
Well I don't think what you posted can help you in here maybe you've to speak louder and louder so that it can reach to some considering points
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by assydon: 8:47am On Jun 25, 2022
Anieheart:
as at 2019 when I camped there things were a bit fair

Reach me on 07035910519 whatsapp for the NJFP Cog Assmnnt Ques now!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by blackboy(m): 6:34am On Dec 01, 2022
My friend, i disagree with you. NYSC camp, prohramme and organization is FG.

The young men and women there were drafted - compulsory drafted.

I work for a government office. Should i be grateful to the government for giving me electricity in the office and water, table and chair and even my salary etc.

The corpers and ex corpers have the right to complain.

Nigeria is the way it is because ppl like you like or accept abnormality as normal and what is your right as a privilege.

If FG calls or employs Nigerian to serve in a MDA they - the FG has to fulfil their responsibility to the fullest.

If Fg cannot they will either reduce or put an hold on employment .

FG should know that NYSC should help build young Nigerians to know Nigeria loves them and they too will love Nigeria.
Y are many leaving Nigeria because they want better. Make FG make it compulsory for all Nigerians to stay and still not provide good roads, schools, jobs etc. You will not only see complaints but revolution!!

Gidagreen:
Just ranting on pettiness, it depends on the state and how the state government support the NYSC camp. In your home gan, there is no constant electricity, if you have it's expensive, the power supply situation is like that nationwide.

You hypocritically didn't talk about many things that you got free in the camp. The bed space, free food, medicals, free vocational skill trainings, free life hack skills, kits and uniform, bicycle and transport allowance, the 33k and so on. You are even lucky there has been soci-economic development in recent time in Nigeria. That place is a regimental camp for replicating a military lifestyle, stop painting the government and it's official bad about everything.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Muzikluva(m): 5:50pm On Jul 24, 2023
HarunaWest:
chai sorry bout your experience. Some people are just bad in this country kowai. Our camp coordinator then was a lady. A good mother. She took care of us like her own and we behaved well through out the experience.
Thanks jare. Our camp coordinator was also a woman oh but sad angry grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

1st Class UNIUYO Graduate Who Died In NYSC Camp In Zamfara Buried Amidst Tears(p / Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC / My Life Is A Mess Right Now, I Need Some Advice Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.