Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,046 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment (35676 Views)

The NYSC 2019 Batch A Mobilization Time Table Is Finally Out / My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State / Kano Corpers And Camp Soldiers Clash In Karaye NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by SalisuJasper: 9:25pm On Mar 09, 2022
I am currently in plateau state nysc orientation camp and with what i have seen so far, the government needs to do better as the 21days in camp can actually put you into depression if you are not bouyant in cash.

The officials have turned the place to a living hell and they find a means in all ways to extort student instead of making life very easy.

i will be pointing out some point thats need to be checked.

They disconnect all the socket in the camp and corp members are being forced to charge at the mami market.

Power bank goes for 100 naira and phones goes for 70 naira. You will have to charge everyday and lets say 200 naira per day for 21days thats total of 4,200.

using of the POS machine for cash withdrawal.

They do not charge the normal fee they do outside the camp.

To collect 1k is 100 naira and anything above that is 200 naira, 8k is 250 and 10k is 300.

Just imagine all this.

Most times we will have to buy water in the morning for 50 naira, when there will be no water in the tank to bath.

I thought the government make provisions for all this and i wonder why the officials are milking the people dry thru the maami market.

124 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by falcon01: 10:08pm On Mar 09, 2022
Toh it's your camp problem, where I camped everything was available but i still choose to buy with my money. There's always water sockets connected, everything available except the price of things is slightly high.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by HarunaWest(m): 10:12pm On Mar 09, 2022
Well when i camped in Umunna Bende in Abia State, we had excess light, we had excess water. Borehole functioned 24/7. Then getting cash we were charged fairly cos withdrawals was made from ATM point and not POS that is in vogue now. The camp food made absolute sense and the officials were so cool..I really enjoyed my stay in Abia State gaskiya. I intend to visit there soonest when this IPOB madness has subsided.

188 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Nozino: 1:24am On Mar 10, 2022
SalisuJasper:
i am currently in plateau state nysc orientation camp and with what i have seen so far, the government needs to do better as the 21days in camp can actually put you into depression if you are not bouyant in cash.

The officials have turned the place to a living hell and they find a means in all ways to extort student instead of making life very easy.

They disconnect all the socket in the camp and corp members are being forced to charge at the mami market.

Power bank goes for 100 naira and phones goes for 70 naira. You will have to charge everyday and lets say 200 naira per day for 21days thats total of 4,200.

To collect 1k is 100 naira and anything above that is 200 naira, 8k is 250 and 10k is 300.

Just imagine all this.

Most times we will have to buy water in the morning for 50 naira, when there will be no water in the tank to bath.

I thought the government make provisions for all this and i wonder why the officials are milking the people dry thru the maami market.

I camped in mangu last year. Everything he said is true. But those people are businessmen. If they tell you how much they are charged, you’d be surprised. There’s an ATM at the admin block. Charging phone was N50.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Stanweezy(m): 5:06am On Mar 10, 2022
That one na normal thing, before going to camp u sopos know say no be picnic u dey embark so.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Mario1989(m): 7:00am On Mar 10, 2022
NYSC CAMP BE LIKE PARAMILITARY TRAINING GROUND...NO EXPECT SAY NA PICNIC YOU GO!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Professorcplus(m): 7:36am On Mar 10, 2022
To set up a space for business requires more money and also, socket are purposely disconnected because, of fire hazard, phone/laptop theft and other reasons best knoe to camp commandant.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by 9jayes: 9:50am On Mar 10, 2022
Dem no go poshu u for camp if u no get money na u go just look dirty nd malnourished

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by angelfallz(m): 9:51am On Mar 10, 2022
Govt did make provisions for all that, but the corrupt nature of some people is what you are dealing with
SalisuJasper:
I am currently in plateau state nysc orientation camp and with what i have seen so far, the government needs to do better as the 21days in camp can actually put you into depression if you are not bouyant in cash.

Just imagine all this.

11 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by nahr(f): 9:51am On Mar 10, 2022
Scrap out NYSC.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Xavie(m): 9:51am On Mar 10, 2022
Yea.. scrap NYSC

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Parachoko: 9:52am On Mar 10, 2022
SalisuJasper:

Just imagine all this.

Kaduna camp was not like this.

I miss Black Gold Camp embarassed

7 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by BluntCrazeMan: 9:52am On Mar 10, 2022
Guy,, sheey you dey eat camp food?
Or abi you dey buy food for Mami??
If you dey eat the camp food and also drink their water-colour tea without any augmentations, then your allawee go last for you.
But if Mami is your food spot, then my brother, even your personal money no go take you far

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by kennyz247(m): 9:53am On Mar 10, 2022
ok
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Auskyd(m): 9:53am On Mar 10, 2022
Abuja camp was chilled.

4 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by shogsman(m): 9:53am On Mar 10, 2022
Seems like you're just unlucky with your posting, when I served there was light for at least 15hours a day,my bed had a personal socket for charging,I was even provided with a double bed and I had 2 bunks to myself with a mosquito net,the only thing I can complain about is SAED

7 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by omoredia: 9:54am On Mar 10, 2022
Greed

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by seunlayi(m): 9:54am On Mar 10, 2022
To serve Nigeria no be by force. Most of your complaint are not genuine.

-The disconnection of sockets is to prevent electrical faults or fire outbreak but the Commandant should have created some centre charging outlet that will be closely monitored by one of the camp officials.

-Somebody would have told you to get a better power bank before going to camp but you probably ignored it. Not those 1 timed cycled power banks but those that you won't need to recharge on your 1st week in camp and you just recharge 2 or 3 times before before orientation ends.

-Negotiate better with your pos operator, you should know they are in their season, after your 3 weeks of stay, they will go back to drink garri for months angry

- am surprised you didn't complain about those food sellers at the mammy market, surprised that you are ok with their rates grin

- the camp need to do something about water because without water, the camp will be in a mess. Buying a bucket of water for ₦50 is not kind, it's very cruel for an Otondo

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by BluntCrazeMan: 9:54am On Mar 10, 2022
SalisuJasper:

Just imagine all this.

All these things na normal levels naa.
We All saw it while we were in camp.
It’s now your turn.

4 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by abayimi567: 9:54am On Mar 10, 2022
I camped in fanisau camp jigawa, and is one of the best camp no mush issue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Hannover(m): 9:54am On Mar 10, 2022
HarunaWest:
Well when i camped in Umunna Bende in Abia State, we had excess light, we had excess water. Borehole functioned 24/7. Then getting cash we were charged fairly cos withdrawals was made from ATM point and not POS that is in vogue now. The camp food made absolute sense and the officials were so cool..I really enjoyed my stay in Abia State gaskiya. I intend to visit there soonest when this IPOB madness has subsided.

I served there in 2010. All what you said up there is very correct. I experienced them all. When did u serve?

11 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Chigozirimkpoma: 9:54am On Mar 10, 2022
cool
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 10, 2022
NYSC IS A SCAM

I REPEAT!!!!

NYSC IS A SCAM

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by edward1106(m): 9:55am On Mar 10, 2022
It's not the government, just the officials within.

4 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Amerengues2: 9:55am On Mar 10, 2022
I am sorry to hear of this your plight. On a serious note, Nigerian Officials, ministries, and workers need overhaul and conscious effort to restore sanity.

To those who would comment, "Na normal thing", know that the more we accept this rubbish, the more it fetters.

Nigerians are their biggest enemy

19 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by money121(m): 9:55am On Mar 10, 2022
Ok
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Whois(m): 9:55am On Mar 10, 2022
I had the same experience in Agwu, enugu camp. We pay to charge our phone, we buy water to bath and pos charges is 100 naira for every 1k. I noticed the only cheap commodity in mammy market is food, a plate of cooked food was sold for 300 naira

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female IMSU Graduate And Corper Dies In Jos After Catching Cold. Photos / My Life Is A Mess Right Now, I Need Some Advice Please! / 1st Class UNIUYO Graduate Who Died In NYSC Camp In Zamfara Buried Amidst Tears(p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.