Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,952 members, 7,810,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies (16321 Views)

Bola Tinubu: Some Igbo are afraid of paying taxes.... / APC Primary: How Osinbajo, Fayemi, Amosun Will Cut Tinubu’s SW Votes / Pastor Osinbanjo(cut Him Some Slack Biko) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Obinoscopy(m): 5:06pm On Sep 01, 2022
Disclaimer: I don't support Tinubu's Presidential Bid.

I have noticed the numerous attacks on Tinubu. While some are valid, there are many that are just false and biased.

First is his health. They say his "hand dey shake" and that he pees his pants. They say he can't walk unless he is being held by the hand. But that's not true. I've seen numerous recent videos of him walking by himself and his hands were steady. Nobody, and I repeat, nobody is 100% healthy. So I think its wrong for anyone to brand him unhealthy. He appears healthy to me. Is he healthy enough to be able to juggle the stress of Nigerian presidency, I don't know (maybe he isn't) . But going by the Nigerian constitution, he's fit.

Second is his academic qualifications. I've heard him talk and he seems very academically sound. Even though his primary and secondary schooling appears to be an unsolved mystery, the fact remains that he is academically sound. Also his postgraduate degree seem to be verifiable. Attacking Tinubu's primary school is like attacking a Professor's primary school. So, let's all drop this primary school attacks. He is an almamater of a prestigious university and he is academically sound.

Which leads me to the attacks on the things he said in public. I think Tinubu is a deep thinker and speaks almost in parables/proverbs. So sometimes, it would seem what he is saying is unintelligible. But the reverse is the case. When he was talking about Corn and Agbado, he was simply referring to Agricultural Self Sustainability. When he talked about tongues from the Bible, he was referring to the Babylonian Tower where God made everyone speak in different tongues which is now responsible for human cultural/language diversity (Genesis 11:1 - 9).

So let's cut this man some slack on irrelevant things and attack him on issue based concerns. We should attack him on his policies, on his financial dealings, on his gubernatorial achievements/failures, etc

195 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:
Disclaimer: I don't support Tinubu's Presidential Bid.

I have noticed the numerous attacks on Tinubu. While some are valid, there are many not are just false and biased.

First is his health. They say his "hand dey shake" and that he pees his pants. They say he can't walk unless he is being held by the hand. But that's not true. I've seen numerous recent videos of him walking by himself and his hands were steady. Nobody, and I repeat, nobody is 100% healthy. So I think its wrong for anyone to brand him unhealthy. He appears healthy to me. Is he healthy enough to be able to juggle the stress of Nigerian presidency, I don't know. But going by the Nigerian constitution, he's fit.

Second is his academic qualifications. I've heard him talk and he seems very academically sound. Even though his primary and secondary schooling appears to be an unsolved mystery, the fact remains that he is academically sound. Also his postgraduate degree seem to be verifiable. Attacking Tinubu's primary school is like attacking a Professor's primary school. So, let's all drop this primary school attacks. He is an almamater of a prestigious university and he is academically sound.

Which leads me to the attacks on the things he said in public. I think Tinubu is a deep thinker and speaks almost in parables/proverbs. So sometimes, it would seem what he is saying is unintelligible. But the reverse is the case. When he was talking about Corn and Agbado, he was simply referring to Agricultural Self Sustainability. When he talked about tongues from the Bible, he was referring to the Babylonian Tower where God made everyone speak in different tongues which is now responsible for human cultural/language diversity.

So let's cut this man some slack on irrelevant things and attack him on issue based concerns. We should attack him on his policies, on his financial dealings, on his gubernatorial achievements/failures, etc

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 5:09pm On Sep 01, 2022
I hope he also inherited speaking in tongues from the Bible too and other numerous videos of him sometimes talking off point

If you choose not to see what is obvious about him, that's your choice. You cannot say all the evident videos of him on net are false.
Just support the candidate of your choice and don't make it look like what is evident about him is a lie

232 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Obinoscopy(m): 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
I hope he also inherited speaking in tongues from the Bible too.

If you choose not to see what is obvious about him, that's your choice. You cannot say all the evident videos of him on net are false.
Just support the candidate of your choice and don't make it look like what is evident about him is a lie
What he meant is that the reason why we all speak different language was due to what happened on the Babylonian Tower in Genesis. I'm sure you know the story.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by 3ple9iner: 5:14pm On Sep 01, 2022
You are right. some argument people raise concerning him has made me realize that they're not bothered if he his competent or not.

98 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Mstick: 5:20pm On Sep 01, 2022
Here's an idea, how about Tinubu the presidential aspirant speak to us clearly instead of people bringing different interpretations to whatever he means?

151 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by ElSudani: 5:20pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:
What he meant is that the reason why we all speak different language was due to what happened on the Babylonian Tower in Genesis. I'm sure you know the story.

Don't mind them, they are the one shouting the loudest about religion and they don't even understand the Bible. Tinubu was simply referring to the different languages we speak as related to the Bible.
All these hypocrites and fake Christians.

82 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Obinoscopy(m): 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2022
Mstick:
Here's an idea, how about Tinubu presidential aspirant speak to us clearly instead of people bringing different interpretations to whatever he means?

I agree 100%, we need him to grant interviews with the news media so they can seek clarification from him on our behalf. I'm told he would do those interviews once campaign starts. I don't know how true.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by BeardedMeat(m): 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2022
Mtchweeeew!

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Mstick: 5:27pm On Sep 01, 2022
Tower of Babel wasn't about speaking in tongues tho, so here lies the problem.

Let him speak clearly and not in parables/proverbs he's running for the highest office in the land not village head.

Obinoscopy:

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by MasterJayJay: 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2022
Dude, you should do better than this. The video of him being aided to hold Nigerian flag nko?

Deep thinker by saying he will employ 50 million youths into the army?

98 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Obinoscopy(m): 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2022
Mstick:
Tower of Babel wasn't about speaking in tongues tho, so here lies the problem.

Let him speak clearly and not in parables/proverbs he's running for the highest office in the land not village head.

The tongues he was referring to was language. Infact, google "confusion of tongues (confusio linguarum)", you will see where it all began.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Beremx(f): 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy how are you doing? Long time no post.

75 percent of your post reeks of sarcasm though.
A man who cannot hold a mere flag is not fit to rule a large entity like Nigeria. He should keep enjoying the loot of Lagos and leave Nigeria for those who are physically sound.

Btw, I wonder why Seun would change Tinubu Urchins to Tinubu supporters. For what reason?

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Mstick: 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2022
There's a popular saying, I am responsible for what I say and not how you understand it.

Bola Tinubu spoke about speaking in tongues and not speaking in a different language which are two different things in biblical context.

1) You cannot say exactly what he's referring to except you're Bola Tinubu. Which means he needs to speak clearly.

2) The Christians that heard what he said understood exactly what he meant.

3) Tinubu is a Muslim maybe he should concentrate on the Koran and leave the Bible or whatever it contains alone, wouldn't you agree?

Obinoscopy:
The tongues he was referring to was language. Infact, google "confusion of tongues (confusio linguarum)", you will see where it all began.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by KanwuliaExtra: 5:49pm On Sep 01, 2022
Cutting Tinubu any slack means APC will get away wit MURDERING Nigeria.

Endorsing a BUHARI PRO MAX?

No way!

ANYTHING BUT APC!!!

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Evaloyal2J(f): 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2022
[qutote author=Obinoscopy post=116261418]The tongues he was referring to was language. Infact, google "confusion of tongues (confusio linguarum)", you will see where it all began.[/quote] Speaking in tongues happened during penticost 33ce when the holy spirit was poured upen the disciples and that was never to confused these disciples as opposed to the confusion that happened among the builders in babel.

5 Likes

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2022
O
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by mradonis(m): 5:53pm On Sep 01, 2022
U need to check your mental state .
This can't even be compared to what they did and said about Jonathan.
Karma is a bitch. Wait let compaign start properly. He and his agbado propagandist urchins will wish for the ground to open up and swallow them.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Trinitycian: 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:

When he talked about tongues from the Bible, he was referring to the Babylonian Tower where God made everyone speak in different tongues which is now responsible for human cultural/language diversity (Genesis 11:1 - 9).[/b]

Speaking in Tongues is not Inherited but gifted. It's not the same as Babel. The difference is in Babel, you understand the language you speak. But when Speaking in Tongues, you don't understand the language you speak in. Others may, but you don't. Only the people that own the language and God understand.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Obinoscopy(m): 6:05pm On Sep 01, 2022
MasterJayJay:
Dude, you should do better than this. The video of him being aided to hold Nigerian flag nko?

Deep thinker by saying he will employ 50 million youths into the army?
But I saw the video too, he held the flag for over a minute before Buhari and others held it together with him. People made it seem he couldn't even hold the flag, but he held it by himself for over a minute before other joined him. Perhaps they joined him to let everyone know that Tinubu won't govern alone but will have a retinue of APC party faithful that will govern with him. That it will be not just a Tinubu government but an APC government as well.

On the number of youths he would recruit into the army, perhaps it was a slip. I'm sure he will clarify when asked by the media in an interview.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by BaddestQueen(f): 6:08pm On Sep 01, 2022
Beremx:

A man who cannot hold a mere flag is not fit to rule a large entity like Nigeria. He should keep enjoying the loot of Lagos and leave Nigeria for those who are physically sound.

Btw, I wonder why Seun would change Tinubu Urchins to Tinubu supporters. For what reason?
hahahahaha i founded that word tinubu urchins

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by BaddestQueen(f): 6:09pm On Sep 01, 2022
obinoscopy my love that year before seun
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Obinoscopy(m): 6:16pm On Sep 01, 2022
Beremx:
I dey my sister. Trust you are good.

It does? That was not my intent though. I actually mean it, we should address the major issues.

But I saw the video. People made it seem he couldn't hold the flag but he held it up for over a minute. And even when others joined him to hold up the flag, it wasn't because his hands were shaking.

OH really? I never knew.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Obinoscopy(m): 6:28pm On Sep 01, 2022
Mstick:
There's a popular saying, I am responsible for what I say and not how you understand it.

Bola Tinubu spoke about speaking in tongues and not speaking in a different language which are two different things in biblical context.

1) You cannot say exactly what he's referring to except you're Bola Tinubu. Which means he needs to speak clearly.

2) The Christians that heard what he said understood exactly what he meant.

3) Tinubu is a Muslim maybe he should concentrate on the Koran and leave the Bible or whatever it contains alone, wouldn't you agree?

Perhaps you are right he shouldn't have quoted the Bible so as not to make some "intolerant" Christians attack him. Maybe he didn't use the right word, but I just want us to understand the context of his speech and what he hoped to communicate while using that event from the Bible.

9 Likes

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Mstick: 6:52pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hi obinoscopy, I like that you're a tolerant Tinubu supporter and not the knuckle heads we've to deal with on a daily basis here.

Let's not put words into BAT's mouth he said what he said and we heard what we heard.

smiley

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by ambale(m): 6:53pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:
I think baba was just trying to defend his decision for choosing a Muslim Muslim ticket, he has no business wanting to preach to clerics

Abi religion and politics don dey mix now

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Kagd10: 6:57pm On Sep 01, 2022
Trinitycian:

Speaking in Tongues is not Inherited but gifted. It's not the same as Babel. The difference is in Babel, you understand the language you speak. But when Speaking in Tongues, you don't understand the language you speak in. Others may, but you don't. Only the people that own the language and God understand.

What do you even know?

It's the same thing. Speaking in tongue is suddenly speaking in another new language on the spot which was what happened at Babel and at the Pentecost.

You do know that some people have the gift of interpreting the new language they suddenly speak whereas some don't. It's still all about sudden speaking in a new language on the spot.

Tinubu was talking about the diversity of languages while using the Bible as a reference and he was right.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by famouscargo4u: 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:
I agree 100%, we need him to grant interviews with the news media so they can seek clarification from him on our behalf. I'm told he would do those interviews once campaign starts. I don't know how true.

Don't stress yourself. Whoever people like does no wrong in their eyes and he's treated like a saint. Same way, when people don't like someone, whatever he does either right or wrong, will always be seen as bad.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Trinitycian: 7:06pm On Sep 01, 2022
Kagd10:

What do you even know?

It's the same thing. Speaking in tongue is suddenly speaking in another new language on the spot which was what happened at Babel and at Pentecost.

You do know that some people have the gift of interpreting the new language they suddenly speak while some don't. It's still all about speaking in new language suddenly on the spot.

Read my thread https://www.nairaland.com/7311562/tinubu-blasphemed-saying-inherited-speaking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Elporo(m): 7:06pm On Sep 01, 2022
OP becareful. Your fellow fascists won't like that u are a moderate.

Moderates get cancelled! cry

201 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Daniel058(m): 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2022
I respect Tinubu as an elder And a leader.But the fact that they deceived a country of over 200 million peoples with false promises is enough reason never to forgive APC. Yardua was sick yet he did well .But it has been proven without reasonable doubt that APC came to destroy Nigeria. Let the Old Man respect himself!!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by chinchum(m): 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2022
@op, The bulk of the woke youth can not understand you. I likened them to young teenagers who think they are the smartest and know everything beyond their parents knowledge.

what attracts those youths are things like "he looks so presidential" candidates talking about Nigeria problems with no clear cut solutions provided and providing bogus statistics" Even a madman can talk about Nigerias problem.

The Tinubu i know is an intellectual, the youths must not be deceived by hate or looks.

24 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Police Arrest Fraud Syndicate (Picture) / Soldiers’ Killing: Okuama Community Leader Accuses Nigerian Army Of Mass Killing / ‘How Fubara, Wike Reached Truce’ - Rivers Lawmaker, Enemi George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.