Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Prayer For Rain - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prayer For Rain (7244 Views)

Prayer For Settling One's Debts / Australian Muslims Pray For Rain In Bush Fire And Drought-ravaged Areas / Prayer For Settling Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayer For Rain by Lukgaf(m): 9:23am On Mar 11, 2022

Praise be to Allah.

Offering prayers for rain (salaat al-istisqa’) is Sunnah, as confirmed by saheeh hadeeths and the practice of the early generations of Islam. Ibn Qudaamah said: Prayer for rain is a confirmed Sunnah, proven by the practice of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and of his successors (the caliphs – may Allah be pleased with them).

End quote from al-Mughni, 2/148

Abu Dawood (1165), at-Tirmidhi (558), an-Nasaa’i (1506) and Ibn Maajah (1266) narrated that Ishaaq ibn Abdillah ibn Kinaanah said: al-Waleed ibn ‘Uqbah, who was the governor of Madinah, sent me to ask Ibn ‘Abbaas about the prayer of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) for rain (istisqa’). He said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) went out wearing modest clothes, walking humbly and beseeching Allah, until he reached the prayer place, where he ascended the minbar, but he did not give a khutbah like this khutbah of yours; rather he continued to offer supplication (du‘aa’), beseech Allah and recite takbeer, then he prayed two rak‘ahs as he used to pray at Eid.

Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, etc

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/182416/what-is-the-evidence-for-offering-the-prayer-for-rain-salaat-al-istisqa

4 Likes

Re: Prayer For Rain by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:44am On Mar 11, 2022
To Say Around Us and Not On Us *when invoking rain*

Hadith
Narrated Anas:
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) I was delivering the Khutba (sermon) on a Friday when the people stood up, shouted and said, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ! There is no rain (drought), the trees have dried and the livestock are destroyed; Please pray to Allah for rain." So Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said twice, "O Allah! Bless us with rain." By Allah, there was no trace of cloud in the sky and suddenly the sky became overcast with clouds and it started raining. The Prophet (ﷺ) came down the pulpit and offered the prayer. When he came back from the prayer (to his house) it was raining and it rained continuously till the next Friday. When the Prophet (ﷺ) started delivering the Friday Khutba (sermon), the people started shouting and said to him, "The houses have collapsed and the roads are cut off; so please pray to Allah to withhold the rain." So the Prophet (ﷺ) smiled and said, "O Allah! Round about us and not on us." So the sky became clear over Medina but it kept on raining over the outskirts (of Medina) and not a single drop of rain fell over Median. I looked towards the sky which was as bright and clear as a crown.
Sahih al-Bukhari, 1021
In-Book Reference: Book 15, Hadith 16
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 17, Hadith 134 (deprecated numbering scheme)

3 Likes

Re: Prayer For Rain by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:45am On Mar 11, 2022
To Invoke Allah for rain while standing

Hadith
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Yazid Al-Ansari that he went out with Al-Bara' bin 'Azib, and Zaid bin Arqam and invoked for rain. He ('Abdullah bin Yazid) stood up but not on a pulpit and invoked Allah for rain and then offered two Rak'a prayers with loud recitation without pronouncing Adhan or Iqama. Abu Ishaq said that 'Adbullah bin Yazid had seen the Prophet (ﷺ) (doing the same)
Sahih al-Bukhari, 1022
In-Book Reference: Book 15, Hadith 17
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 17, Hadith 134 (deprecated numbering scheme)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prayer For Rain by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:46am On Mar 11, 2022
Hadith

Narrated `Abbad bin Tamim:
that his uncle (who was one of the companions of the Prophet) had told him, "The Prophet (ﷺ) went out with the people to invoke Allah for rain for them. He stood up and invoked Allah for rain, then faced the Qibla and turned his cloak (inside out) and it rained."
Sahih al-Bukhari, 1023
In-Book Reference: Book 15, Hadith 18
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 17, Hadith 135 (deprecated numbering scheme)

2 Likes

Re: Prayer For Rain by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:47am On Mar 11, 2022
To recite aloud when making prayers for rain

Hadith
Narrated `Abbad bin Tamim:
from his uncle who said, "The Prophet (ﷺ) went out to invoke Allah for rain. He faced the Qibla invoking Allah. He turned over his cloak (inside out) and then offered two rak`at and recited the Qur'an aloud in them."
Sahih al-Bukhari, 1024
In-Book Reference: Book 15, Hadith 19
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 17, Hadith 136 (deprecated numbering scheme)

3 Likes

Re: Prayer For Rain by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:49am On Mar 11, 2022
How the prophet turns his back towards the people while offering the prayers for rain

Hadith
Narrated `Abbad bin Tamim from his uncle:
"I saw the Prophet (ﷺ) on the day when he went out to offer the Istisqa' prayer. He turned his back towards the people and faced the Qibla and asked Allah for rain. Then he turned his cloak inside out and led us in a two rak`at prayer and recited the Qur'an aloud in them."
Sahih al-Bukhari, 1025
In-Book Reference: Book 15, Hadith 20
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 17, Hadith 137 (deprecated numbering scheme)

3 Likes

Re: Prayer For Rain by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:50am On Mar 11, 2022
The prayers for rain consists of two rakats

Hadith
Narrated `Abbad bin Tamim from his uncle who said:
"The Prophet (ﷺ) invoked Allah for rain and offered a two rak`at prayer and he put his cloak inside out."
Sahih al-Bukhari, 1026
In-Book Reference: Book 15, Hadith 21
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 17, Hadith 138 (deprecated numbering scheme)

3 Likes

Re: Prayer For Rain by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:52am On Mar 11, 2022
To Offer the prayers for rain at Musalla (Outside Town) Same place we do offer Eid.

Hadith
Narrated `Abbad bin Tamim from his uncle who said:
"The Prophet (ﷺ) went out to the Musalla to offer the Istisqa' prayer, faced the Qibla and offered a two rak`at prayer and turned his cloak inside out." Narrated Abu Bakr, "The Prophet (ﷺ) put the right side of his cloak on his left side."
Sahih al-Bukhari, 1027
In-Book Reference: Book 15, Hadith 22
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 17, Hadith 139 (deprecated numbering scheme)

3 Likes

Re: Prayer For Rain by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:54am On Mar 11, 2022
Facing Qibla While Offering Prayers For Rain

Hadith

Narrated `Abdullah bin Zaid Al-Ansari:
The Prophet (ﷺ) went out towards the Musalla in order to offer the Istisqa' prayer and when he intended to invoke (Allah) or started invoking, he faced the Qibla and turned his cloak inside out.
Sahih al-Bukhari, 1028
In-Book Reference: Book 15, Hadith 23
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 17, Hadith 140 (deprecated numbering scheme)

3 Likes

Re: Prayer For Rain by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:56am On Mar 11, 2022
While Offering Prayers For Rain, People Should Raise Hands Along With Imam

Hadith

Narrated Anas bin Malik:
A bedouin came to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) on a Friday and said, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ! The livestock, the offspring, and the people have perished." So, Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) raised both his hands invoking Allah (for rain) and the people too raised their hands with Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) invoking Allah (for rain). We had not left the mosque when it started raining. It rained till the next Friday when the same man came to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and said, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ! The travelers are compelled to postpone their journeys (because of excessive rain) and the roads are overflowed."
Sahih al-Bukhari, 1029
In-Book Reference: Book 15, Hadith 24
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 17, Hadith 140 (deprecated numbering scheme)

3 Likes

Re: Prayer For Rain by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:57am On Mar 11, 2022
Hadith

The narrator Anas added that the Prophet (ﷺ) raised his hands (during the invocation) to such an extent that the whiteness of his armpits was visible.
Sahih al-Bukhari, 1030
In-Book Reference: Book 15, Hadith 25

3 Likes

Re: Prayer For Rain by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:59am On Mar 11, 2022
Raising Of Both Hands by Imam While Invoking Prayers For Rain

Hadith

Narrated Anas bin Malik:
[b]The Prophet (ﷺ) never raised his hands for any invocation except for that of Istisqa' [/b]and he used to raise them so much that the whiteness of his armpits became visible. (Note: It may be that Anas did not see the Prophet (ﷺ) raising his hands, but it is narrated that the Prophet (ﷺ) used to raise his hands for invocations other than Istisqa. See Hadith No. 807 & 808 and also see Hadith No. 612, Vol. 5).
Sahih al-Bukhari, 1031
In-Book Reference: Book 15, Hadith 26
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 17, Hadith 141 (deprecated numbering scheme)

2 Likes

Re: Prayer For Rain by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:01am On Mar 11, 2022
What To Be Said Or Say When It Rains

Hadith

Narrated Aisha:
Whenever Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) saw the rain, he used to say, "O Allah! Let it be a strong fruitful rain."
Sahih al-Bukhari, 1032
In-Book Reference: Book 15, Hadith 27
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 17, Hadith 142 (deprecated numbering scheme)

2 Likes

Re: Prayer For Rain by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:02am On Mar 11, 2022
Hadith

Narrated Anas bin Malik:
In the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) the people were afflicted with a (famine) year. While the Prophet (ﷺ) was delivering the Khutba (sermon) on the pulpit on a Friday, a Bedouin stood up and said, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ! The livestock are dying and the families (offspring) are hungry: please pray to Allah to bless us with rain." Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) raised both his hands towards the sky and at that time there was not a trace of cloud in they sky. Then the clouds started gathering like mountains. Before he got down from the pulpit I saw rainwater trickling down his beard. It rained that day, the next day, the third day, the fourth day and till the next Friday, when the same Bedouin or some other person stood up (during the Friday Khutba) and said, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ! The houses have collapsed and the livestock are drowned. Please invoke Allah for us." So Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) raised both his hands and said, "O Allah! Around us and not on us." Whichever side the Prophet (ﷺ) directed his hand, the clouds dispersed from there till a hole (in the clouds) was formed over Medina. The valley of Qanat remained flowing (with water) for one month and none, came from outside who didn't talk about the abundant rain.
Sahih al-Bukhari, 1033
In-Book Reference: Book 15, Hadith 28
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 17, Hadith 143 (deprecated numbering scheme)

2 Likes

Re: Prayer For Rain by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:02am On Mar 11, 2022
Asalam alaekum warahmatulah wabarakahtuhu

2 Likes

Re: Prayer For Rain by advocatejare(m): 11:09am On Mar 11, 2022
Lordmoh who doesn’t believe in the hadith, can you show us how to pray for rain in the Quran?
Re: Prayer For Rain by Rochidero: 11:10am On Mar 11, 2022
Yvv

Re: Prayer For Rain by Halimaatz(f): 11:10am On Mar 11, 2022
So lalasticlala is a muslim? Awsome!

1 Like

Re: Prayer For Rain by Halimaatz(f): 11:14am On Mar 11, 2022
advocatejare:
Lordmoh who doesn’t believe in the hadith, can you show us how to pray for rain in the Quran?
actually there is,stop walloing in ignorance, i won't reply your mention tho! So don't bother mentioning me.

2 Likes

Re: Prayer For Rain by Yommychrz(m): 11:15am On Mar 11, 2022
Jazakallahu khairan

1 Like

Re: Prayer For Rain by advocatejare(m): 11:21am On Mar 11, 2022
Halimaatz:
actually there is,stop walloing in ignorance, i won't reply your mention tho! So don't bother mentioning me.
You won’t reply my mention but you mentioned me? grin

Give us the Quranic verses for rain, prayers recited during aqiqa, number of rakat per prayers

3 Likes

Re: Prayer For Rain by Tranquility4u: 11:39am On Mar 11, 2022
JazakumuLlahu Khairan

1 Like

Re: Prayer For Rain by Lordmoh: 1:35pm On Mar 11, 2022
advocatejare:

You see how dumb you are bringing baseless questions. You keep skipping mine, but you want me to answer yours

1 Like

Re: Prayer For Rain by Lordmoh: 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2022
advocatejare:

You won’t reply my mention but you mentioned me? grin

Give us the Quranic verses for rain, prayers recited during aqiqa, number of rakat per prayers

Answer the one's aimed at you first. You keep skipping questions but you want answers to your own question.

Who killed Saul?

[1samuel 31:4-6]
Therefore Saul took a sword and fell on it.

[2samuel 1:1-16]
An amalekite slew him
Re: Prayer For Rain by advocatejare(m): 2:32pm On Mar 11, 2022
Lordmoh:

You see how dumb you are bringing baseless questions. You keep skipping mine, but you want me to answer yours
Answer my questions first and I’ll answer yours. I asked first but you’ve been shamefully dodging my questions

I’ll ask again:

1.Show me in the Quran where Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib and Isha are mentioned directly and not as inferred by the translators!

2.Show me the number of rakat for each of those prayer times from the Quran or just bury your head in shame!

3.Show me where shahada is written in the Quran with “ Muḥammad rasūlu-llāh” being part of it

1 Like

Re: Prayer For Rain by advocatejare(m): 2:33pm On Mar 11, 2022
Lordmoh:

Answer the one's aimed at you first. You keep skipping questions but you want answers to your own question.

Who killed Saul?

[1samuel 31:4-6]
Therefore Saul took a sword and fell on it.

[2samuel 1:1-16]
An amalekite slew him

Re: Prayer For Rain by Lordmoh: 2:40pm On Mar 11, 2022
advocatejare:

Answer my questions first and I’ll answer yours. I asked first but you’ve been shamefully dodging my questions

I’ll ask again:

1.Show me in the Quran where Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib and Isha are mentioned directly and not as inferred by the translators!

2.Show me the number of rakat for each of those prayer times from the Quran or just bury your head in shame!

3.Show me where shahada is written in the Quran with “ Muḥammad rasūlu-llāh” being part of it

I have been giving you answers, if you can't take it, leave it, That's what happens when you lose an argument, you deny everything on your own terms so what's the point of keeping up. At least i have given an answer which you do not approve of, try at least doing the same but NO, you got no answers, not even your leaders have, i guess that's why you been skipping. So I'll tell you this again;

Jesus pbuh never claimed to be God, or son of God, or God's incarnate.

Jesus pbuh never preached Christianity.

Jesus pbuh never asked to be worshipped.

Repent before it's too late, there are over a thousand errors in your book which you have no answer to. And i dare you to bring an error in the Quran

1 Like

Re: Prayer For Rain by Lordmoh: 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2022
[quote author=advocatejare post=110945128][/quote]

Yet again you skip my questions, and now you still want an answer for me, lmao but I'll not get tired of calling you to the right path.

Although, calamities are created by Allah, yet their cause lies nowhere else but in the very misdeeds of man himself. Now if this man is a disbeliever, a Kafir, the evil that hits him in this mortal world is only an ordinary sample of the ultimate punishment, the punishment of the world-to-come, which is much much more than the worldly punishment. And if this man is a believer, a mu'min, all his misfortunes become an expiation (kaffarah) of his sins in that case, and thereby become the very cause of his salvation in the Hereafter.

"No evil ever touches a Muslim, but it becomes a source of forgiveness for him - even the pinch of a thorn in his feet."
Re: Prayer For Rain by advocatejare(m): 2:53pm On Mar 11, 2022
Lordmoh:

[s]
I have been giving you answers, if you can't take it, leave it, That's what happens when you lose an argument, you deny everything on your own terms so what's the point of keeping up. At least i have given an answer which you do not approve of, try at least doing the same but NO, you got no answers, not even your leaders have, i guess that's why you been skipping. So I'll tell you this again;

Jesus pbuh never claimed to be God, or son of God, or God's incarnate.

Jesus pbuh never preached Christianity.

Jesus pbuh never asked to be worshipped.

Repent before it's too late, there are over a thousand errors in your book which you have no answer to. And i dare you to bring an error in the Quran
[/s]
Where is the answer

I’ll ask again:

1 Like

Re: Prayer For Rain by advocatejare(m): 2:54pm On Mar 11, 2022
Lordmoh:

[s]
Yet again you skip my questions, and now you still want an answer for me, lmao but I'll not get tired of calling you to the right path.

Although, calamities are created by Allah, yet their cause lies nowhere else but in the very misdeeds of man himself. Now if this man is a disbeliever, a Kafir, the evil that hits him in this mortal world is only an ordinary sample of the ultimate punishment, the punishment of the world-to-come, which is much much more than the worldly punishment. And if this man is a believer, a mu'min, all his misfortunes become an expiation (kaffarah) of his sins in that case, and thereby become the very cause of his salvation in the Hereafter.

"No evil ever touches a Muslim, but it becomes a source of forgiveness for him - even the pinch of a thorn in his feet."
[/s]
I’ll ask again:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Left Islam - By Alaya Mukti Akhtar / Who Is Allah? / How The Meat Of Udhiyah (sacrifice) Should Be Shared Out ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.