Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,034 members, 7,863,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:34 AM

Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays (22750 Views)

Election Petition: Appeal Court Asks Staff To Stay At Home On Wednesday / Sunday Igboho Takes FG To Court, Asks SSS To Produce 12 Arrested Aides / NBC/AIT: Court Asks Parties To Maintain Status Quo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:12pm On Mar 11, 2022
Umuahi will not tell the Court and Inec which judgement to take.
Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by Kundagarten: 12:12pm On Mar 11, 2022
oilmane:

Was it Umahi that went to court in the Eboyin matter or they took him there? If he did who was the defendant cause I thought he was the Defendant/Respondent, na Nigeria we day, them nor day punish the judges hence them day give contradicting judgement, how two high courts go adjudicate for similar matter? The second court nor suppose hear the matter so long a case like that don day your sister court

It was Umahi's people that took it to court in Abakaliki while the PDP's case was in court in Abuja. Incidentally the judge in the Abakaliki case is from the same lga as Umahi.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by alabo1: 12:15pm On Mar 11, 2022
Malory:
A black market judgement obtained in a kangaroo court that can not stand the test of time. Ex governor Umahi should vacate the government house and submit himself to EFCC for immediate prosecution due to wanton looting of Ebonyi's scarce resources.
His Excellency Igariwey should address the state now as the people's governor of the state

Madness! Madness everywhere!
Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by anyilalaz: 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2022
Kundagarten:

This case get as e be.
PDP started their court case in August 2021 and while the case was ongoing, Umahi got his Abakaliki judgment on 28th of Feb 2022.
Umahi went to court on the 4th Feb and by 28th he got the judgement he wanted.
Why didn't Umahi wait for the verdict of the high court in Abuja?

The second court shouldn't have entertained the hearing since the same issue in another court of competent jurisdiction first!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by Dbegining: 12:21pm On Mar 11, 2022
Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by Datikwerreboi(m): 12:23pm On Mar 11, 2022
Kundagarten:

The judgment preceded Ekwo's own because Umahi shopped for favourable judgement. Why didn't Umahi wait for the verdict of Ekwo in a case that was in court since August 2021?
Umahi went to court in Feb 2022, PDP went to court August 2021.
That's the loophole in the law and it's not Umahi's fault he got a favourable judgement

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by Igbofam: 12:24pm On Mar 11, 2022
todaynewsreview:
I'm not against any judgement but cases where State courts issue judgement regarding their own States should be stopped by the NJC.

This is not giving the judicial arm any good name at all.

It's a matter of Jurisdiction. Umahi wins this one

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by Igbofam: 12:26pm On Mar 11, 2022
Kundagarten:

This case get as e be.
PDP started their court case in August 2021 and while the case was ongoing, Umahi got his Abakaliki judgment on 28th of Feb 2022.
Umahi went to court on the 4th Feb and by 28th he got the judgement he wanted.
Why didn't Umahi wait for the verdict of the high court in Abuja?

Why should he wait? Why didn't the PDP speed up their own?

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by Igbofam: 12:28pm On Mar 11, 2022
Kundagarten:

It was Umahi's people that took it to court in Abakaliki while the PDP's case was in court in Abuja. Incidentally the judge in the Abakaliki case is from the same lga as Umahi.

Then again the Abakaliki federal high court has jurisdiction

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by frankson1(m): 12:35pm On Mar 11, 2022
oilmane:

The Eboyin State High Court judgement came b4 that of the FCT High Court, both are High Court's, the order of the Eboyin state High court has not been vacated by an order of a court of higher jurisdiction b4 the FCT High court order came in, do you now want them to obey the order of the FCT High Court and disobey that of the Eboyin state High Court or what? Only the order of an higher court ie an Appellate court can resolve this quagmire caused by these Judges, cause the governor will adhere to the order that will benefit him though he has gotten a stay of execution of the FCT judgement and also gone on appeal.

Is it that the Nigerian lawyers and Judges don't know their work, because they keep causing confusion.
Majority of these our court men and women are touts.
Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by ibechris(m): 12:36pm On Mar 11, 2022
The man is afraid...I thought he said the judgement was obtained from the back market now why is he afraid?
Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by dheilaw1(m): 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2022
Malory:
A black market judgement obtained in a kangaroo court that can not stand the test of time. Ex governor Umahi should vacate the government house and submit himself to EFCC for immediate prosecution due to wanton looting of Ebonyi's scarce resources.
His Excellency Igariwey should address the state now as the people's governor of the state
I never knew someone could write good English in stupidity until I saw you on nairaland
Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by frankson1(m): 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2022
anyilalaz:

The second court shouldn't have entertained the hearing since the same issue in another court of competent jurisdiction first!!!

Haba!!! Huncle, you want judges to miss out on the dough(s)
Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by Topmaike007(m): 12:39pm On Mar 11, 2022
Malory:
Always supporting evil
are you from Ebonyi State if not keep kwayet and talk about your State we in Ebonyi are please with umahi work In the state, something Sam Egwu and Elechi couldn't do Umahi did it and surpassed it
Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:40pm On Mar 11, 2022
oilmane:

The Eboyin State High Court judgement came b4 that of the FCT High Court, both are High Court's, the order of the Eboyin state High court has not been vacated by an order of a court of higher jurisdiction b4 the FCT High court order came in, do you now want them to obey the order of the FCT High Court and disobey that of the Eboyin state High Court or what? Only the order of an higher court ie an Appellate court can resolve this quagmire caused by these Judges, cause the governor will adhere to the order that will benefit him though he has gotten a stay of execution of the FCT judgement and also gone on appeal.
...Stop schooling people who doesn't want to learn.
Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by Ochelyko1: 12:48pm On Mar 11, 2022
Wisdomkosi:
Court Judgement : Gov. Umahi Triumphs As Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment | #IgbereTV

...Upholds the Ebonyi State Cybercrimes Prohibition Law

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1416340/court-judgement-gov-umahi-triumphs-court-asks-parties-enforce-february-28-judgment/

Our law is just back and front. I just don't understand anything why is our country law system a failure to the Rich but very powerful and superior to the poor?
Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 11, 2022
todaynewsreview:
I'm not against any judgement but cases where State courts issue judgement regarding their own States should be stopped by the NJC.

This is not giving the judicial arm any good name at all.
In this country everyone is just doing whatever he likes. Naija is a huge joke as it is.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by garfield1: 12:50pm On Mar 11, 2022
Kundagarten:

The judgment preceded Ekwo's own because Umahi shopped for favourable judgement. Why didn't Umahi wait for the verdict of Ekwo in a case that was in court since August 2021?
Umahi went to court in Feb 2022, PDP went to court August 2021.

Oga,that argument is nonsense.once a court gives a judgment no matter how funny it looks it stands and subsits
Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by Amah70: 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2022
Wisdomkosi:
Court Judgement : Gov. Umahi Triumphs As Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment | #IgbereTV

...Upholds the Ebonyi State Cybercrimes Prohibition Law

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1416340/court-judgement-gov-umahi-triumphs-court-asks-parties-enforce-february-28-judgment/

PDP didn't break up when Dave Umahi defected from PDP to APC.
Therefore, any court ordering Umahi to remain as governor of Ebonyi State is making wrong judgment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by garfield1: 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2022
fergie001:

You know my position on this already.

I believe it's a judgement that will be overturned with superior arguments.

This case was filed by the PDP in August last year at the FHC, Abuja....with the APC, Umahi, Igwe & INEC as respondents.

The APC wanting to pre-empt it, used Sunny Ogbuoji (an APC member) to file the exact case before the Ebonyi High Court in Feb this year.
NB: The PDP & INEC were not parties to the suit and the PDP filed a joinder, which was rejected. The matter took two weeks and the Court ruled in favour of Umahi/Igwe.

A stay of execution postpones the enforcement of a judgment against a litigant who has lost a case (JUDGMENT DEBTOR).

The judgement of the Ebonyi High Court in February was executory in order. Did it need a Stay of Execution in rem? What are they staying? The judgement already said Umahi/Igwe are good to go. He was the judgement creditor, so except it is forum-shopping, there was no need to go there for a Stay.

He has already applied for a Stay of Execution at the FHC, Abuja, that is where will matter and I believe it will be granted.

This one before Ebonyi is to protect him witjin 7 days or at maximum, 14..before then the FHC, Abuja will have granted his.

For the records, it will be hypocritical of me to say he shouldn't do what he is doing. You have to do anything barely legal to remain there

True.ikpeazu did this in 2015.same thing happened between jarigbe vs odey...

Looking further at the relationship between a party and candidates,I believe it gave clues as to where it States and ends.from primaries till election stage,candidates and their running mates are tied to their parties that is why death kills their candidacy or even disq.but once a winner is declared and one of them dies or once they are sworn in and death comes,the living one continues.that is why impeachment of one doesn't affect the other because while in office,they operate independently and no more tied to parties
Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by garfield1: 12:58pm On Mar 11, 2022
Amah70:

PDP didn't break up when Dave Umahi defected from PDP to APC.
Therefore, any court ordering Umahi to remain as governor of Ebonyi State is making wrong judgment.

Did the constitution say that the law on defection affects governors?
Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by ufotunang: 1:07pm On Mar 11, 2022
All this politicians are fighting for their pockets/bank account but not for the common man
Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by okorogodwin4(m): 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2022
Damage control strategy for sure umahi can't sleep well
Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by fergie001: 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2022
garfield1:

True.ikpeazu did this in 2015.same thing happened between jarigbe vs odey...

Looking further at the relationship between a party and candidates,I believe it gave clues as to where it States and ends.from primaries till election stage,candidates and their running mates are tied to their parties that is why death kills their candidacy or even disq.but once a winner is declared and one of them dies or once they are sworn in and death comes,the living one continues.that is why impeachment of one doesn't affect the other because while in office,they operate independently and no more tied to parties
As long as 68(1)g does not have an equivalent for those under S308...I don't think anything will touch him.

The Stay of Execution he got in Ebonyi is not binding on INEC. Don't forget INEC weren't parties and he did that on purpose so as not to go to a Federal High Court for abuse of Court process.

So.....it depends on how he handles it going from here. I confirmed J B Daudu and Emmanuel Ukala are PDP's lawyers at the FHC.
Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by SunMusk(m): 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2022
I like your submission....
fergie001:

You know my position on this already.

I believe it's a judgement that will be overturned with superior arguments.

This case was filed by the PDP in August last year at the FHC, Abuja....with the APC, Umahi, Igwe & INEC as respondents.

The APC wanting to pre-empt it, used Sunny Ogbuoji (an APC member) to file the exact case before the Ebonyi High Court in Feb this year.
NB: The PDP & INEC were not parties to the suit and the PDP filed a joinder, which was rejected. The matter took two weeks and the Court ruled in favour of Umahi/Igwe.

A stay of execution postpones the enforcement of a judgment against a litigant who has lost a case (JUDGMENT DEBTOR).

The judgement of the Ebonyi High Court in February was executory in order. Did it need a Stay of Execution in rem? What are they staying? The judgement already said Umahi/Igwe are good to go. He was the judgement creditor, so except it is forum-shopping, there was no need to go there for a Stay.

He has already applied for a Stay of Execution at the FHC, Abuja, that is where will matter and I believe it will be granted.

This one before Ebonyi is to protect him witjin 7 days or at maximum, 14..before then the FHC, Abuja will have granted his.

For the records, it will be hypocritical of me to say he shouldn't do what he is doing. You have to do anything barely legal to remain there

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by garfield1: 1:24pm On Mar 11, 2022
fergie001:

As long as 68(1)g does not have an equivalent for those under S308...I don't think anything will touch him.

The Stay of Execution he got in Ebonyi is not binding on INEC. Don't forget INEC weren't parties and he did that on purpose so as not to go to a Federal High Court for abuse of Court process.

So.....it depends on how he handles it going from here. I confirmed J B Daudu and Emmanuel Ukala are PDP's lawyers at the FHC.

I thought he got the stay from appeal court
Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by fergie001: 1:25pm On Mar 11, 2022
garfield1:
I thought he got the stay from appeal court
No, he got it from Ebonyi High Court and has filed for a Stay at the FHC, Abuja.

Re: Ebonyi: Court Asks Parties To Enforce February 28 Judgment, Umahi Stays by Amah70: 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2022
garfield1:

Did the constitution say that the law on defection affects governors?

Did the Constitution say that a governor who wins the people's mandate can sell the mandate to another political party?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Bola Tinubu Meeting With The Business Community / These Are The Phone Numbers Of All DIG,AIG And Police Commissioners In Nigeria / PDP Accuses Jega Of Meeting APC Leaders In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.