Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:56 AM

Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia (35467 Views)

Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 / Ruble’s Strength In Face Of Sanctions May Be Illusory / 6 F-35 Jets Were Reportedly On Iran’s Borders At Time Of Plane Crash: Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by wiseoneking: 3:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shoodboi:
To those who don't know, Russia puts more effort into the ISS than the US and often flies US astronauts to the ISS and brings them back.

Now, Russia is ending all working relationships between them on the ISS, which means the US and their NATO allies can no longer get to the ISS and do their part to keep the ISS in orbit.

So Russia is telling them to find a way to get themselves up there to do their own part of the deal to keep the ISS up there.
Negative explanation, leave that, they are just sinking to the abyss. Nato forces and America can built and reengineered whatever ISS is all about. What funny thing I see in all of this is the bold response of UK against Russia. If you alone knew they can in all means challenge Russia in all ramifications of war, I pity Russia when America will sneeze. Russia is a very poor country that spends all her resources on Nuclear weapons. While Russia is budgeting a partly 25 billion on military/ research, America is almost 700 billion and still extremely wealthy.

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by sanpipita(m): 3:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
Jeromejnr:

Why don't you Google the history between Russia and Ukraine and the partnership agreement they made on why they can finally be a sovereign country?

And also do research on how the West helped to break it?

Also do research on how for many years Putin had been warning the west to leave Ukraine alone and take away their special forces from off their borders? And how how also warned Ukraine not to gave any partnership with them?

I am sure if the same Russia did the same to Canada, And U.S decided to take over Canada, I am very sure you will support them..very very sure.

Afterall they can do no wrong.

Typical, always loud and ignorant recycling baseless propaganda, even Puitn won't come out with his chest and say they had any agreement with Ukraine which West broke.

The only agreement Ukraine had with Russia is the Budapest memorandum which Putin broke in 2014 and repeating again, if Russia had any agreement with Ukraine that was defaulted they would have shown it to the world.

Read about Budapest memorandum

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances

If you can read look up Russia Bolsheviks invasion of Ukraine, do you know Russia once banned Ukrainian language? most of you don't understand what you support, Ukraine have suffered alot in hands of Russia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by joyandfaith: 3:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
tctrills:

I am sure you have never explored any of the above

How many places have you explored in your villages?
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by joyandfaith: 3:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
dappydozzy:

You just think it will crash, lives will be lost if it crashes inan urban area in Europe.

Human are destroying the earth with adventures that wouldn't benefit poor people.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by joyandfaith: 3:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
TheWolfen:

You have any idea where it will crash on land? God forbid it crash close to your home. Truth is everyone is in danger

Human race is already in danger due to human activities
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Druss(m): 3:26pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hanks0000:
Sounds ridiculous.

But it isn't.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Patrioticbreed9(m): 3:27pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
Who cares TF

Our bullets so big we could be somewhere in Zone6, fuxk around and hit a nigga in Russia

All this your american will stop, when the space craft lands in your family house, as in, directly ontop your house roof. Continue angry .
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Arabaincubus: 3:28pm On Mar 12, 2022
This war may reach nuclear levels.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by neuf(m): 3:28pm On Mar 12, 2022
Jeromejnr:

Mr man..you cannot destroy a football field size object in the troposphere. The only way is to bring it down safely. Which they don't know how to yet.

This not a marvel movie.

Please do proper research and stop arguing blindly.

it's how you guys double down on your ignorance that really gets to me.

NASA just funded and launched a missile to change an asteroid trajectory but can't deal with the ISS that can be decoupled, blown up, made to change trajectory from the earth orbit to wander aimlessly in space like Voyager 1. Like what do you actually know.
The reason why they are having a snafu is because thy want to bring it back to earth without it being burn up by the earth atmosphere for exhibition.

I'm done with you, talking with someone so dense that they can't even see that hurts my brain
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Druss(m): 3:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
wink2015:
THE SAME AMERICAN AND BRITAIN THAT REFUSE TO FIGHT FOR THE INDEPENDENCE OF BIAFRA is now beating its chest to fight for non english speaking Ukraine.

Nnamdi Kanu work night and day to get the American government to force the Buhari government to hold referendum in the south eastern part of Nigeria for Independence of Biafra land yet the American government ignored their plea.

But they are busy loosing sleep over Ukraine.

THIS WORLD NO BALANCE AT ALL !

Ermm what value does Biafra provide? Is it Oyinbo people? You think you are like the white farmers in Zimbabwe?
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by tctrills: 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2022
joyandfaith:

How many places have you explored in your villages?
I don't stay in my village.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Jeromejnr(m): 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2022
sanpipita:

Typical, always loud and ignorant recycling baseless propaganda, even Puitn won't come out with his chest and say they had any agreement with Ukraine which West broke.

The only agreement Ukraine had with Russia is the Budapest memorandum which Putin broke in 2014 and repeating again, if Russia had any agreement with Ukraine that was defaulted they would have shown it to the world.

Read about Budapest memorandum

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances

If you can read look up Russia Bolsheviks invasion of Ukraine, do you know Russia once banned Ukrainian language? most of you don't understand what you support, Ukraine have suffered alot in hands of Russia

Your ignorance shows in your selection of a Wikipedia link. Did you use that for your research project?

Kindly see Britannica link below and educate yourself on the history and agreements.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Commonwealth-of-Independent-States

Thank you.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Techguy96(m): 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shoodboi:
To those who don't know, Russia puts more effort into the ISS than the US and often flies US astronauts to the ISS and brings them back.

Now, Russia is ending all working relationships between them on the ISS, which means the US and their NATO allies can no longer get to the ISS and do their part to keep the ISS in orbit.

So Russia is telling them to find a way to get themselves up there to do their own part of the deal to keep the ISS up there.
That ended some years back, I can't recall the year but I remember Americans celebrating flying astronaut to space from American soil, something they didn't do in 9 yrs after NASA contract expired.

Right now they are many private companies in the US willing to fly their astronaut to space, they no longer need Russia.

Infact space x has made reusable rocket which the US now use.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by obanioluorun: 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2022
alabo1:

Sense is far from you I have confirmed. A decommissioned space station has to be guided down and dismantled due to size. You cannot have it floating around in space uncontrollable and unguided. Of course limited minds like yours that only listen to CNN will not understand what I am talking about. I am really wasting my time with you people. As a wise man said - don't argue with fools. Keep on keeping your brain on the sidestool and let others think for you
enlightenment is allowed instead of insulting him, keep your analysis to yourself if you have none.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Jeromejnr(m): 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
neuf:

it's how you guys double down on your ignorance that really gets to me.

NASA just funded and launched a missile to change an asteroid trajectory but can't deal with the ISS that can be decoupled, blown up, made to change trajectory from the earth orbit to wander aimlessly in space like Voyager 1. Like what do you actually know.
The reason why they are having a snafu is because thy want to bring it back to earth without it being burn up by the earth atmosphere for exhibition.

I'm done with you, talking with someone so dense that they can't even see that hurts my brain

Mr. Man...you are ignorant..I have said it before and will say it again.

An Asteriod is destroyed because it isn't in the Thermosphere. It is still far in space.

You can't destroy ISS like an asteroid because it is still within the earth's atmosphere.

I know you don't know what Themosphere is tho.

Jeez.

Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by tenpipsperday: 3:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
baralatie:

What if it drops and it lands in New York!
angry

Moscow and St Petersburg are imune to it?
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Techguy96(m): 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
toxtimmy:
I see why Nigeria is where it is today from comments like this coupled with your presidents statement that he does not understand what technology was used to capture the governor of kano state taking bribe in dollars.

Common knowledge is not common despite the internet... Russia contributed parts to the international space station and if these parts are not functioning properly then there is a probability of something going wrong.... Even my dog bulu understand this talk less of someone with internet and data and computer but still not fit put abc together to get cab, bca, bac, acb, cba etc.

Which parts?

That space station will work with or without Russia. They are just using style to beg US to remove the sanctions.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by seanwilliam(m): 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shoodboi:

SpaceX can but their capabilities to take people and cargo to the ISS is very limited compared to the Russians. I think they've only done it once, probably as a test run. SpaceX is better suited to getting satellites into space.

The US still depends on Russia to get to and from the ISS. Russia also sells rockets to many European nations trying to get there, or at least, put cargo in space.

Cc: Ayemileto

SpaceX has delivered astronauts to the ISS four times and not once but it's US still depends on Russia to get most astronauts to the ISS.
lol , you’re finding it hard to prove baseless point.
You’re the type that won’t admit you’re wrong but keeps on arguing till you fully prove how ignorance you are. USA can simply fund/ equip blue origin, space X and many others to take up the responsibility. But your hatred for west has blocked your sense. Except material stuff from natural resources , there’s nothing Russia can do that usa can’t match .

This life, to get anything done, it costs money and Human Resources, and USA have more than enough of that . Even if Russia has natural resources that USA don’t have , she ( USA) can always turn to other countries to get same quality , it might just cost more.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Meteng: 3:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
Iliveforever:
The silly mistake this Russia keeps making is threat. Even while drowning, the best thing to do is stay calm and observe but all they do is still give threat.

Russia dey like this when America never fire one bullet, I’m sure they won’t last up to 24hrs if America decides to.
Unfortunately, they can't help it. It's in their gene

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by joyandfaith: 3:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
tctrills:

I don't stay in my village.

There are many beautiful things to explore in every village. You can travel there for exploration.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by mybiz234: 3:43pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shoodboi:

Russia is only crying. Why is Russia suddenly concerned about the plite of its enemies? Is it because the sanctions are bitting Russia harder?
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Techguy96(m): 3:43pm On Mar 12, 2022
wink2015:
THE SAME AMERICAN AND BRITAIN THAT REFUSE TO FIGHT FOR THE INDEPENDENCE OF BIAFRA is now beating its chest to fight for non english speaking Ukraine.

Nnamdi Kanu work night and day to get the American government to force the Buhari government to hold referendum in the south eastern part of Nigeria for Independence of Biafra land yet the American government ignored their plea.

But they are busy loosing sleep over Ukraine.

THIS WORLD NO BALANCE AT ALL !
The two major countries that help Nigeria win Biafra was UK and Russia.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by WoundedLamb: 3:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
I didn't know he meant literally crashing until I read the body. So he's saying "lift these sanctions or I'll drop this stuff on people"? Putin is looking for more ways to hold the world hostage. Russia is in no position to face NATO. The only thing Putin has going for him is his lack regards for human lives. He'd gladly burn down this planet if he feels cornered. And that's why the West is carefully treating him like a mad man with a gun. Anyone supporting him just because they dislike the West is not being logical in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Themandator: 3:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
baralatie:

But true

What is true.?
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
judatech:
They should stop begging and keep on the fight grin

Well if it's true, everybody loses. It's not about Russia alone at this point. Gas prices have hit an all-time high in the US, their citizens are complaining...
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by donforeign: 3:46pm On Mar 12, 2022
southsouthking:
More reason i don try to study abroad for long to read Nuclear science.
I'll be the one to end this world myself.
u will die before u achieve it ode
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by donforeign: 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
AFONJAPIG:
May it crash for Nigeria
na ur papa house e go fall kill all of una
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shoodboi:

Don't mind the unlettered lot here. They keep believing everything Russia says is a threat.

Russia plays a major role at the ISS, nobody can doubt that. If sanctions would hamper their activities there, it's a fact that a crash would be inevitable, which would be a loss for the whole world... But na dem sabi.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by seguno2: 3:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
joyandfaith:
Let it crash!!! Humans are exploring spaces spending billions of dollars while they have not finished exploring the earth.

Humans including Africans, or excluding us?
If we are not part of the humans exploring space without finishing to explore the earth, why don’t we get off our lazy asses and explore the earth

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by donforeign: 3:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
Jeromejnr:

If the west also cared for humanity they wouldn't have secret bio labs in Ukraine that was a threat to Russian citizens.
how was it a threat? Dem wan use am invade Russia? Russia having nuclear weapon is not a treat to Ukrainians ? Double standard
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by donforeign: 3:55pm On Mar 12, 2022
osazsky:
If na be be Putin since I am d most powerful man on earth I will give america and uk 100000 sanctions that they cant recover from in 60 years..na only una sabi sanction..expect retaliation sanctions from china and russia too that will destroy usa economy
u be dulard
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by southsouthking(m): 4:03pm On Mar 12, 2022
donforeign:
u will die before u achieve it ode

I be ode i agree, hope you are okay now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia's First Alcohol Store Has Opened In The Diplomatic Quarter / Iran Attack: U.S Foreign Affairs House Committee Cautions Donald Trump / China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.