Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,713 members, 7,851,432 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:10 PM

Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia (35482 Views)

Russia To Withdraw From International Space Station After 2024 / Ruble’s Strength In Face Of Sanctions May Be Illusory / 6 F-35 Jets Were Reportedly On Iran’s Borders At Time Of Plane Crash: Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by linearity: 4:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
alabo1:

I tire for your ignorance. GOD! Only Russian rockets have the capability to guide the ISS into a controlled orbit for rentry. I await your refutal. Space x can send people and equipment to ISS yes but it can't perform the other task.

Fact: The ISS if it goes into an uncontrolled orbit will most likely drop somewhere in the southern hemisphere (I believe you know where Russia is?) You guys should post with facts not be blinded Western propaganda. Peace

You don’t guide ISS via rockets, it is guided from earth stations in Europe, Russia and the US.

The ISS have sixteen orbital segments; six belongs to the Russias and are operated by the Russias and the remaining ten belongs to the US and are operated by NASA in the US.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by splashbaby(m): 4:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shoodboi:
To those who don't know, Russia puts more effort into the ISS than the US and often flies US astronauts to the ISS and brings them back.

Now, Russia is ending all working relationships between them on the ISS, which means the US and their NATO allies can no longer get to the ISS and do their part to keep the ISS in orbit.

So Russia is telling them to find a way to get themselves up there to do their own part of the deal to keep the ISS up there.
Make he crash, nobody is interested in it for now...the Russian are doing more damage on earth already. So let space be for now
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by tctrills: 4:05pm On Mar 12, 2022
joyandfaith:

There are many beautiful things to explore in every village. You can travel there for exploration.
when I am done exploring the world then I would check out my village
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Themandator: 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shoodboi:
To those who don't know, Russia puts more effort into the ISS than the US and often flies US astronauts to the ISS and brings them back.

Now, Russia is ending all working relationships between them on the ISS, which means the US and their NATO allies can no longer get to the ISS and do their part to keep the ISS in orbit.

So Russia is telling them to find a way to get themselves up there to do their own part of the deal to keep the ISS up there.

SpaceX has been responsible for sending Americans to the station. The only reason these last sets of Americans are returning to earth through Russian shuttle is because that was the means through which they went

SpaceX is making 9 shuttle this year for NASS,

Nasa has since ended all contract of supply of engine with Russia 0... Rascomos OSS is only hyperventilating

Elon Musk is now responsible for American transport not just to ISS But other space exploration

At any rate the station expires in 2024
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by linearity: 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
razzydoo:
Wiki static, really?? Why is it that anyone can edit it with reasonable references?

You clearly don’t know what a static page or web site is…..Wikipedia is a static page and gets edited often just like any other static page.

ISS orbits the earth every 90 minutes, You can’t login to Wikipedia and see or read it’s precise location….what you have in Wikipedia is its estimated location at a future date base on calculations using it’s speed of orbit, time and trajectory.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by joyandfaith: 4:07pm On Mar 12, 2022
tctrills:

when I am done exploring the world then I would check out my village
Not bad idea!!!!
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by pacespot(m): 4:08pm On Mar 12, 2022
Russia is indirectly threatening the ISS shocked
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by MufasaLion: 4:10pm On Mar 12, 2022
[s]
Shoodboi:

[/s]

You are trying to sound smart but you're clearly ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Kelvin3476: 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2022
Nova1988:
Sleepy Joe and his puppets may be too dumb to understand.

They are giving it to Russia back to back to back
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Kelvin3476: 4:15pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shoodboi:

Let everywhere crash
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Themandator: 4:19pm On Mar 12, 2022
alabo1:

I tire for your ignorance. GOD! Only Russian rockets have the capability to guide the ISS into a controlled orbit for rentry. I await your refutal. Space x can send people and equipment to ISS yes but it can't perform the other task.

Fact: The ISS if it goes into an uncontrolled orbit will most likely drop somewhere in the southern hemisphere (I believe you know where Russia is?) You guys should post with facts not be blinded Western propaganda. Peace

Will America stop going to space in 2024 when the ISS IS Decommissioned? No

The only reason Russia is making all sort of statement is that their propulsion engine is used in keeping the iss afloat and stable., for now and it is so because that is their contribution to the program

Iss is not owned by any nation, your access is determined by your financial involvement. That station will remain in orbit till it is decommissioned
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Themandator: 4:26pm On Mar 12, 2022
Jeromejnr:

Why don't you Google the history between Russia and Ukraine and the partnership agreement they made on why they can finally be a sovereign country?

And also do research on how the West helped to break it?

Also do research on how for many years Putin had been warning the west to leave Ukraine alone and take away their special forces from off their borders? And how how also warned Ukraine not to gave any partnership with them?

I am sure if the same Russia did the same to Canada, And U.S decided to take over Canada, I am very sure you will support them..very very sure.

Afterall they can do no wrong.

The prosperity of Ukraine today is it tied to Russia or the West and why would you ever imagine Canada will be against US AND allow a poor country like Russia to lead her by the nose. Mention one country that is allied with Russia and depends on her that is wealthy... New York as a state is richer than Russia as a country
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by lookingfly: 4:28pm On Mar 12, 2022
E fit crash oooo as far e no land for Africa
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by naija1stnigar(m): 4:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
Iliveforever:
The silly mistake this Russia keeps making is threat. Even while drowning, the best thing to do is stay calm and observe but all they do is still give threat.

Russia dey like this when America never fire one bullet, I’m sure they won’t last up to 24hrs if America decides to.
those people are not aiming at Ukraine, their target is America, if America dare makes an attempt you will see China, North Korea, Iran and those Middle East countries joining forces with Russia to fight America, but for now I think I like the way Ukraine is handling over rated Russia.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Bluntemperor: 4:33pm On Mar 12, 2022
baralatie:

But true

Provide them with Rubbles Currency for it's maintainance,please.
Putin, anything from you is non-starter!
Now that you are bringing the Syrians and the Taliban( where you fought in Afghanistan then and the Russians were roundly defeated in the hills and caves).
So,this one you are concerned about Space Station being crashed,we know what you can do,so go ahead and crash it!
Remember that President Biden once said that Putin na killer and everybody was trying to say - why such a vulgar language? Is it not true now?
When Putin was hosting the World Leaders like the French Macron,and he was given them assurance that their is nothing like invasion of Ukraine and the Americans was saying otherwise,many almost concluded that the Americans are not minding their business!
Now,Mr Putin,you have absolutely made Americans to be true in all respect!
Shame on Putin, that no one can trust the Russians again.
Terrible and terribly bad!
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by KingOfAmebo(m): 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
judatech:
They should stop begging and keep on the fight grin

"Did you even read to understand what he is talking about?...The International Space Center jointly put together by the US and Russia will crash to earth and kill millions if it falls on land and definitely not on Russian soil as calculated...

This will destrupt alot of technologies depending on these satellites across the globe...If you still don get it then you will never get it" Village People Spokesperson

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by goodheart01: 4:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
judatech:
They should stop begging and keep on the fight grin

I dey tell u. This is a format of begging. They must fight war oo. Shey na only then get weapons abi??

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by KingOfAmebo(m): 4:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
MufasaLion:
[s][/s]

You are trying to sound smart but you're clearly ignorant.

"Despite the guys efforts to explain the situation in a layman's terms, you are still irredeemably dumb to call him ignorant...your daftness na follow come I swear". Village People Spokesperson.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by frog12: 4:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
people like you never cease to amaze but you are from a SHITHOLE country that produces ZERO !!!!

Hanks0000:
Sounds ridiculous.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by goodheart01: 4:43pm On Mar 12, 2022
Kastonkastroll:
USA have lots of broomsticks to fly into space grin

Stop sounding myopic. During the Cold War when Russia and US weren’t on talking terms, na your village dey provide jet engines for US?

Abi na Russia dey build the one wey Elon Musk and Space X dey use?

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Iliveforever(m): 4:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
naija1stnigar:
those people are not aiming at Ukraine, their target is America, if America dare makes an attempt you will see China, North Korea, Iran and those Middle East countries joining forces with Russia to fight America, but for now I think I like the way Ukraine is handling over rated Russia.

These people will join and
FRANCE
UK
GERMANY
SCOTLAND
TAIWAN
INDIA
ISRAEL
ITALY
SPAIN
AUSTRALIA
IRELAND
CANADA
BRAZIL
SWITZERLAND
NATO
will all be watching with folded arms..

See eh, if Russia wants to stop existing they should fire just one missile in USA.
I swear You won’t hear about Russia before Monday

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by naija1stnigar(m): 4:48pm On Mar 12, 2022
Iliveforever:

These people will join and
FRANCE
UK
GERMANY
SCOTLAND
TAIWAN
INDIA
ISRAEL
ITALY
SPAIN
AUSTRALIA
IRELAND
CANADA
BRAZIL
SWITZERLAND
NATO
will all be watching with folded arms..

See eh, if Russia wants to stop existing they should fire just one missile in USA.
I swear You won’t hear about Russia before Monday
I know the US will have more backing but the US and other western countries won't want a war that will warrant the use of chemical weapons which Russia and her allies are fully ready for.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Iliveforever(m): 4:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
naija1stnigar:
I know the US will have more backing but the US and other western countries won't want a war that will warrant the use of chemical weapons which Russia and her allies are fully ready for.

It’s like you don’t even understand what’s on ground..

Russia will be gone even before they realize it.
Everything will just happen in Russia and at once
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Nova1988(m): 4:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
brightalo1010:

Your papa that doesn't sleep couldn't even rule a community in your village despite not sleeping but he managed to produce things like you that calls others names.

You with all your understanding has been so useless in life.

Ok. You're calling me useless but you can't even construct a proper sentence and use correct punctuation. grin

SMH.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:55pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hammyaladin:
shocked shocked shocked but I thought someone needs to have license to own an arm in Nigeria?
I don't know if ya own a license to own or carry cuz that's between your government but I've got sticks fr sale
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

All this your american will stop, when the space craft lands in your family house, as in, directly ontop your house roof. Continue angry .
I live in a bunker, I'm sacred!
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Oduduwa707: 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2022
lecturer22:
educate yourself bro. Russia landed on the moon unmanned. If you understand what that means. If they have the capacity to do that, they can also land on it with a manned spacecraft. You are a shame bro.

The same way U.S have sent probes to Europa, one of Jupiter's several moons.

Again, dude... you're too ignorant and gullible. You must be a Tinubu and MC Oluomo supporter. Rubbish! angry
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by gistmega: 5:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
Does that look like an elusive dream to achieve? The U.S is the boss for many reasons. No one threatened Russia with bluffs. The sanctions came pouring. What is Putin waiting for? The ISS does not serve the U.S alone. You too should be worried not the U.S. They have alternative plans but do you?

Sometimes, look around you and see things that you cannot do without the U.S. Without the U.S, you will not be able to send your comments on nairaland.
Shoodboi:

Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by sanpipita(m): 5:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
Jeromejnr:

Your ignorance shows in your selection of a Wikipedia link. Did you use that for your research project?

Kindly see Britannica link below and educate yourself on the history and agreements.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Commonwealth-of-Independent-States

Thank you.

I can't bet you didn't even understand what you posted, a trade policy based organization is what you are passing off as some eternal binding agreement, you probably don't even realize Ukraine and Georgia have left the organization, both nations didn't even leave till Russia invaded them, and you are here defending rubbish, Putin won't even come out with his chest and claim this is an issue, if anyone has broken an agreement its Russia.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by alabo1: 5:18pm On Mar 12, 2022
linearity:

You don’t guide ISS via rockets, it is guided from earth stations in Europe, Russia and the US.

The ISS have sixteen orbital segments; six belongs to the Russias and are operated by the Russias and the remaining ten belongs toc the US and are operated by NASA in the US.

Like I said read you people won't. All the rockets that power/guide the orbital segments are Russian. Once in orbit the ISS requires no further propulsion system as it moves on the generated velocity once in orbit. In order words it was Russian rockets that sent all the orbital segments to space and it will require Russian rockets to do a safe reentry. So for it to be decommissioned safely it has to be GUIDED into a planned reentry orbit by rockets of which only Russian rockets are capable. You think the head of the Russian space agency does not know what he was talking about? I am not an astronaut or aero physicist but I at least read widely and understand. Peace unto you as you research further

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by Patrioticbreed9(m): 5:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
I live in a bunker, I'm sacred!
Your bunker, isnt match for that weight. It will crush it down.
Re: Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia by linearity: 5:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
alabo1:

Like I said read you people won't. All the rockets that power/guide the orbital segments are Russian. Once in orbit the ISS requires no further propulsion system as it moves on the generated velocity once in orbit. In order words it was Russian rockets that sent all the orbital segments to space and it will require Russian rockets to do a safe reentry. So for it to be decommissioned safely it has to be GUIDED into a planned reentry orbit by rockets of which only Russian rockets are capable. You think the head of the Russian space agency does not know what he was talking about? I am not an astronaut or aero physicist but I at least read widely and understand. Peace unto you as you research further

That was then, the US now have the capability of controlling the whole ISS complex, read about the arrival of Cygnus spacecraft built by aerospace company Northrop Grumman on the ISS a few days back to transfer that capability to the US as well.

Rogozin From Russia Space Agency, talk a lot of nonsense, read about his previous hyperbole and comments.

He is has been anti-Ukraine for many years and just using hyperbole to predict doomsday on ISS when despite the current conflict and sanction ISS operations and Russia Space explorations are clearly isolated from these sanctions.

He is also mad at the US especially Space X and dragon for removing the monologue enjoyed by Russia Soyuz since US suspended their government funded space rockets in 2011. Space X is now giving Soyuz strong competition, now for Russia to cancel oneweb space launch, oneweb retaliated by canceling all future space launches on Soyuz, they have done about 400 before the cancellation by Roscosmos, guess who is going to get those oneweb contracts? Yes the US and Space X, the very object of Rogozin hate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia's First Alcohol Store Has Opened In The Diplomatic Quarter / Iran Attack: U.S Foreign Affairs House Committee Cautions Donald Trump / Hurricane Irma Live Updates: Florida Battered, Heading Towards Georgia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.