Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,314 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was (47245 Views)

Why Do Girls Turn Out The Direct Opposite Of What Their Parents Are trying to av / Swiss Woman Married To A Nigerian Thought She Would Never Have Children (Photos) / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by JONNYSPUTE(m): 2:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
... It's very wrong to bring in other people's kids into your home and be taking care of them when you ve not even started your own family.
Your wife is so right on that and I think she is trying to protect both you and her unborn kids.
But you can still render help to your relatives without putting her on the know.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by smile11s(m): 2:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
ElonEmpire:
GoodMorning all ,

I will make this as short as possible.
Before marrying my wife she seems to be this very generous and accommodating fellow . I felt fall in Love with her because this is just the kind of partner I want,

I have not really stand very well financially, though comfortable and contented, but I have this great dream of, because of what I pass through to help as much people as I can.
While dating her, she told me all kinds of stories of her philanthropic and generous gestures to people.

But moving forward to today, she seems to be direct opposite of everything.
She detests people coming close or we offering any kind of help or assistance to family both hers and mine not to talk of friends.

What about suggesting to assist a relative that can't afford, with their child education na war
We have not born but I have more than enough space to bring one or two children to see them through school but my wife is not buying is at all at all.

I know who I am before I marry, this is the only thing that gives me joy, and my only reason for asking God everyday to bless me so that I can bless people.

But right now am seriously confused
it hurts me alot but I don't wanna force anything against her will.

I have tried discussing it over and over with her but she is still not buying it, with the excuse of that we have not stand enough to carry anybody .

What could be her reasons and
What should I do?

Marriage is not easy, take it eay.

https://gist.am/question/before-marrying-my-wife-was-very-generous-and-accommodating-she-is-now-a-direct-opposite-of-whom-i-thought-she-was
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Muzikluva(m): 2:41pm On Mar 12, 2022
ZhanVeera:
If you really want to help people out of your will,, since that's what gives you joy go ahead, f
Financially though,

Sit her down and talk to her soul to soul, find out why she doesn't wants you to help people,, even her own family,, it's quite surprising,
Or else something is wrong with her,,

But the aspect of bringing people to your home to see them through school,,
It's not going to be an easy one and not advisable with the situations of things right now,
It might lead to unnecessary disagreements between the two of you,
So just forget about it,,

Above all you're the head of your house, lead well and she will follow you
Girl, you are smart!
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by franchasng: 2:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Lol. He has responsibilities now, sir. Throwing money around shouldn't be encouraged.
The man making the money know his pocket and the secret of his success in life.

Some of us had a covenant with God to help the needy and the poor which made God to forgive our shortcomings and blessed the works of our hands to have enough to help others, but women will never understand this and try to act as barrier and when they use their stinginess, wickedness and selfish attitudes to crash their husbands fortune, they start to suffer it and beg to eat without knowing where their problem started from.

If you are not married yet, please allow your future hubby to help as many people he wishes to help as possible. Always be happy that you and your husband have more than enough to give to others, it ought to be a thing of joy that you have plenty in midst of lack and poverty in Nigeria.

God that brought the riches won't let it finish if you help people with joy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Kingisibor: 2:52pm On Mar 12, 2022
THEM DON CARRYMY BROTHER, HANDICAP, OVER 2.5 AND
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by richie240: 2:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
Lollz... Yes o, just as Adam listened to Eve!
That's how we got here!
cool
ifex370:
Listen to.your wife
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by iLegendd(m): 2:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
ElonEmpire:

I have tried discussing it over and over with her but she is still not buying it, with the excuse of that we have not stand enough to carry anybody .

What should I do?

Your wife is smart, but you won't see it. Also, you're a little weak, but you see it as kindness and philanthropy. As a man, a woman can't tell me how to spend my money, but she can suggest and if I buy the idea, I go with it.

This is why we always tell men to read redpill books before they marry to avoid being controlled or manipulated. At the same time, don't hate on women or use the knowledge against them every time. It's just for protection against manipulation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by LastProphet: 2:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
Who pays the rent? Who pays bills? And who are you trying to help, your family or hers? If it's your family you are trying to help is it with your own money, her own, or money of both of you? Or did you join all your money with her? For instance if I want to help my sibling who has helped my life in the past even before I met my wife should I ask for my wife's permission? One of our sibling paid all our fees for a while after our father died so if I need to help his child now will I ask my wife's permission? Or are you been pushed by the sermons of the yeyebrity pastors we have everywhere now? If my child I trained with my money has to ask his/her partner before sending me money then I will disown that worthless child

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Ladycewhy(f): 2:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
I have seen people loose themselves trying to please others. They are willing to leave themselves in want and those closest to them in want just to please (help) people.

They see close relatives directly affected by their lack of financial logicality as stingy or non givers.

They also see themselves as goody two shoes who has a better heart than everyone else and they sometimes get lost in this mentality that they try to out do themselves.

In conclusion ,these people never have good financial plan or even budget they believe in living for the moment.They believe since they have put in so much good into the universe by helping people somehow the universe will pay them back by bringing them goodluck and big helpers in return.

Good afternoon nairalanders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by gbagyiza: 3:05pm On Mar 12, 2022
A lot of these generational wives are visions/dreams killers. Most of them are wicked internally and their character start to change when they finally get married.
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by fof1: 3:08pm On Mar 12, 2022
ElonEmpire:
GoodMorning all ,

Before marrying my wife she seems to be this very generous and accommodating fellow . I felt fall in Love with her because this is just the kind of partner I want,

I have not really stand very well financially, though comfortable and contented, but I have this great dream of, because of what I pass through to help as much people as I can.
While dating her, she told me all kinds of stories of her philanthropic and generous gestures to people.

She detests people coming close or we offering any kind of help or assistance to family both hers and mine not to talk of friends.

What about suggesting to assist a relative that can't afford, with their child education na war
We have not born but I have more than enough space to bring one or two children to see them through school but my wife is not buying is at all at all.

I know who I am before I marry, this is the only thing that gives me joy, and my only reason for asking God everyday to bless me so that I can bless people.

What should I do?

Yes, Ur Wife is very Correct but Wrong.
1. She wants to Protect U against unnecessary Expenditures, that can hurt the Family.
2. She is Afraid of Abysmal Decline in the Family Finances.
3. If its ur Priority and which gives u Fulfillment, then Commit Money to a Charity Account/Funds that will Cater for such things. Different from ur Declated House Money. SEPARATE D FUNDS COMPLETELY.
4. MUST U TELL HER UR PHILANTHROPY EFFORTS. Pls Continue to assist Others...howbeit, without Hurt to the Family,Pls. Build urself bcoz ur Days of Need will come and Only ur Benevolence will Speak for U and Shield U from Shame b4 God.
5. Dont Fail to reach Out to Ur Both Parents if they are Still Alive...
God Bless You both as U Melt into One another for Good.
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by abokikhalifa: 3:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
ElonEmpire:
GoodMorning all ,

What should I do?
Op Nigeria needs more people like you, but don't forget that they should be a limits to everything.
She's trying to protect you because people are ready to milk you off everything you have.
Keep helping but have a limit. May God continue to help you as you help others.
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by walex2(m): 3:10pm On Mar 12, 2022
ElonEmpire:
GoodMorning all ,

What should I do?
. Do things that you think is necessary without informing her, expecially on the aspect of helping people financially.
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by udemzyudex(m): 3:13pm On Mar 12, 2022
It is not every assistance you give that you must tell your wife.

Know this and know peace,women will always be women.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Cyntie55(f): 3:13pm On Mar 12, 2022
airsaylongcome:

What is wrong with him bringing them to his house for better monitoring and supervision and probably also better living condition?
At the bolded, if you read the op post very well, you would understand that he's not really financially buoyant, But with the little he has, he wants to help people.

That was why I made references to Obi Cubana and that boy. If you're kind.. You're kind naturally. Kind people don't fake it. Whether they're rich or poor you can't fake it.

Back to your question: Since his wife is not happy with him about being good to people, that was why I said he can sponsor them for distance and he shouldn't allow his wife to obstruct his blessings coming his way.
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by nikz(f): 3:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
I'm a woman and I love helping the needy and God blessed me with a hubby that has my kind of mind trust me it pays to help. Simple solution is help without telling her
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Gr8amechi: 3:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
ElonEmpire:
GoodMorning all ,

What should I do?
You are so lucky to have her as a friend, if you lose her you would regret.
In this present age where girls want to spend extravagant you have a woman who insist on not spending on her family, you don't know what you have.

Your wife appears wiser than you, a drowning man can't help another drowning man, you have to first save yourself to save others.

By your wife's assertion you guys are not stable yet, don't jump the gun.
Build yourself first before you start to carry load.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Zannix(m): 3:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
ElonEmpire:
GoodMorning all ,

What should I do?

She's your wife now and is trying to protect her home.

Children will soon come and you guys really need to save towards that. The cost of taking care of a household is increasing on a daily basis.

Maybe there's no family savings and that maybe the reason she's not supporting you as you expected.

Am sure she'll support you very well if you can convince her...especially that you've put measures in place to ensure your children won't lack when they arrive.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by gentlegenius(m): 3:29pm On Mar 12, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
You can help people without trying to bring them into your home. Help them from afar.

I also hope you aren't trying to outdo yourself in the name of "we rise by lifting others" by helping everyone who needs assistance? You'll fall while trying to find your feet.

Don't come and quote the Bible for me that says "it's better to give in nothingness". It doesn't exist. If you are rich and choose to be generous, I can understand. Seemingly, nothing like being "wealthy" was mentioned in your post. That being said, I can't tell you how to spend your money.

Also, the fact that your wife pretended before marriage to be what/who she is not is deceitful. Women should just be themselves, honestly. Who go rate you, go rate you.

Furthermore, you can't force people to believe in your cause. It's your prerogative to be philanthropic, not hers.

Be what you want to be in peace, and don't spite her for not following your cause. You'll only be brewing grounds for malice and hate. Learn to balance your home without affecting your relationship with outsiders and vice-versa. I hope these people you're aggressively clamouring for will go all out for you should you hit hard times. It's a cold world out there. Do you first, others follow afterwards.

I come in peace.
Hmmm...
I've noticed this about you:
When you comment on other people's thread, you made perfect sense and showed maturity. But when you create your own thread, the reverse is the case.
I've seen some unnecessary threads you've created, with attention seeking topics, useless stories, childish comments and immature responses to people who tries to talk sense to you.
Mbok, eyen ukang nnyin.... Kuyak uyai fo odok fi ibuot mbak mme owo edibat fi nte ndisime. Suk idem fo ke Abasi ayebene fi ke enyong.
Kubo item emi ke iyaresit o...
Song idem o... mkpouto nnyin!
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by udomonday: 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
ElonEmpire:
GoodMorning all ,

What should I do?
when dating dont always let your woman know the kind of person you want to marry if you dont want to marry a pretender,or someone who is just acting out the script you wrote,just be yourself and let her natural real self come to the surface,then you decide whether or not she can make you a good wife based on what you see and know of her.but as for you that is married already,just know that you got yourself a Pandora's box.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by kizbad: 3:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
follow ur wife advice....since she doesnt wana help both ur family and hers then she is a gold..trust me..if you dont have children ..u wont understand...

Solution to your problem..help your family or whomever from ur personal money without telling your wife and still maintain that u dont like spending extravagant

thats what i do now..i have money my wife doesnt know about..thats what i use to help people

NB..your wife is seeing a future u are not seeing trust me...from my experience..givers never lack is not for a family middle class man...u go lack if u kip helping some family member esp wen u know that ur source of income can close up any tym

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Hassanmaye(m): 3:46pm On Mar 12, 2022
Richy4:
If u are financially buoyant to assist someone, please do it with or without her consent... As long as you are earning separately and it wasn't a joint venture...

Helping does not mean bringing people to live with you...u can help from a distant... U don't wanna bring in kids into your home that your wife will starve to death because she doesn't agree to it right?

As for her recent behaviour, please tell us something current... It's an old news... No be today Yash dey back. cheesy

She got what she wanted (which is the ring).. she has seen you without clothes on, so what is the need for pretence... It's unfortunate you bought it when she told u while dating that she likes charity and helping people... CATFISH grin
You scared me you mean once a woman see your preek she no Go respect you again
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Mom007(f): 3:48pm On Mar 12, 2022
You can help people without her knowing. Even the bible says when we give gifts of alms, our right hand should not know what our left hand is doing. Do not miss your blessings from God because of a selfish wife. Wisdom is profitable...
Cheers

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by pharmaking: 3:51pm On Mar 12, 2022
As a man, do not tell your wife everything no matter how close both of you are.Keep somethings to yourself.80% of women are selfish.

As you are telling them your next plans, they are trying to figure they stand and how much benefit accrues to them.

If you wanna help the needy, go ahead and help. Then the blessings accrue to you.It is not a must you have to tell people around you including your madam.

Check out our mothers you will still find old school wrapper they used in carrying us to daycare 40 years ago in their wardrobes today.

Women have a different way of handling assets whether useful or no longer needed.

I rip my house of material junks wherever she is not around.If I touch this pot, she will say she is using it, if I touch that plastic she will say she still need it.
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Bishop(m): 3:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
ElonEmpire:
GoodMorning all ,

What should I do?

Once she has a child of her own she will change, just by every means try to manage your own home well. Be discreet with those you will help. I can't say more than this
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Czarina21(f): 3:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
ElonEmpire:
GoodMorning all ,

What should I do?

Have you become less generous towards her?
Has she discussed any long term financial plans with you?
Remember the cost of living is rising higher everyday and she's just trying to be frugal not wicked.
Within her, she might be seriously worried about your financial future as a couple and family.
She could be seeing the bigger picture you aren't seeing now.
You mentioned your financial position, talk to her when both of you are in a good mood you'll find out that she's not really chasing people away, she's only stretching the few resources available well into the future.
You also mentioned you like to help people, I presume you're a selfless giver but look at it from every angle, is this something you can do at the moment without burdening yourself and the wifey?
Do you have a three-year savings for the family, including future kids? If you do, stretch it to a five-year savings. Whatever remains feel free to bring in additional financial responsibilities.
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Branduche: 3:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hey ,

That woman is protecting her family from future failures that will be regrettable.
Philanthropy is for the external.
Don’t bring that disruption internally as it will be the end of that marriage.

E get why o.
E get why.

ElonEmpire:
GoodMorning all ,

What should I do?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by phemmyfour: 4:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
ElonEmpire:
GoodMorning all ,

What should I do?
She's just showing you her true colour. You ll need to start helping people as you are led without getting her opinion since she seems difficult to convince
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Richy4(m): 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hassanmaye:

You scared me you mean once a woman see your preek she no Go respect you again
No be so my brother grin

She was eager to come in by bringing all her deceptive skills... telling OP what he loved to hear... Now that they are married, no need to put up those act anymore... What she wanted, she has gotten it...
Now she is too familiar with the OP(as a married woman), no need for pretence... Na Wetin I mean be dat. cheesy
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Hassanmaye(m): 4:08pm On Mar 12, 2022
Richy4:

No be so my brother grin

She was eager to come in by bringing all her deceptive skills... telling OP what he loved to hear... Now that they are married, no need to put up those act anymore... What she wanted, she has gotten it...
Now she is too familiar with the OP(as a married woman), no need for pretence... Na Wetin I mean be dat. cheesy
Nawaoo that is why this marriage of a thing I'm still thinking I swear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Three Powerful Prayers That Could Turn Your Husband Back To God. / “My Husband Is Gay, I Still Beg Him For Sex – Woman / Girl Confesses That Her Mother Gave Her Rat Poison To Put In Her Father's Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.