Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,164 members, 7,835,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO (44619 Views)

Russian Official, Leonid Vasyukevich, Tells Putin To End War In Ukraine / Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO / Your Plans To Join NATO Grave Mistake – Russia Warns Finland, Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by wallrichy: 10:30am On Mar 13, 2022
Well written. Nuclear Energy as in reactor and other nuclear generated projects are very good in this our modern age. They are source of power to many industries and also help in stabilising the green house effect system of the world. Nuclear Energy's advantages can't be over emphasized..

Listed below are some of the uses of Nuclear Energy.

Nuclear Energy Examples and Uses
Nuclear Fusion. When you think about nuclear fusion, think about things fusing together. ...
Nuclear Fission. ...
Electricity. ...
Nuclear Weapons. ...
Space Exploration. ...
Nuclear Medicine. ...
Food Treatments.

Nuclear Armaments or Nuclear weapons are just a minute/ small part of the radioactive result of the fusion and fission of radioactive materials such Uranium and Plutonium to generate a decisive generated quantum of energy for a purpose.

Nuclear weapons is not even integral part of a Nuclear energy reactor but can easily be obtained during the course of generating the absolute. It's like a crude oil whereby you can derive so many derivates such as PMS, AGO, LUB OIL, GAS, GREASE etc.....

In a Nuclear plant assembly, you can make your own decision on the type of nuclear energy you want to be generating. Most countries with Nuclear power opted for a peaceful and benefitting uses inform of enhancement in power generation, agriculture, medicals, electricity, space exploration, research etc....while some countries stylish opted into creating a Nuclear weapon which ain't an integral parts of nuclear energy but one of the derivates of it. It's easy to generate a nuclear weapons as long as you have a nuclear power plant which ain't bad at all depending on your mission and intents at every moment of time. The most important ingredients for a Nuclear energy plants is Uranium and Plutonium with integration of other compound particles.... Due to the believe that some countries can misbehave and even threatened the world order if allowed to obtain the Nuclear Power Plant just like Iran did some years back and Russia doing the same now....that's why there a department in United Nations regulating anything that has to do with Nuclear Plants all over the world. They also decommission Nuclear plants if the country is found wanting or a suspect. Suspect means literally that the country is trying to generate Nuclear weapons through their Nuclear plants....it's a comprehensive exercise which involves the positioning of Satellites and several research to be able to detect that a country is producing or about to produce nuclear weapons from their nuclear plants. It's ain't a crime to have nuclear plants but the crime is producing a nuclear weapons through it. Infact, Nuclear plants is a blessing to the world as at today.
There is another body that dedicates their services to the observation and control of Nuclear Energy plants.....

The Nuclear Information and Resource Service (NIRS) is a non-profit anti-nuclear group founded in 1978 to be the information and networking center for citizens and organizations concerned about nuclear power, radioactive waste, radiation and sustainable energy issues. The organization advocates the implementation of safe, sustainable solutions such as energy efficiency, solar power, wind power and plug-in hybrids.
It's a blessing and God's gift to mankind to have given us Nuclear Energy Plants.

Bro, no one will survive a nuclear war. Hiroshima is still suffering from an atomic bomb 77 years later. The west has nuclear weapons 5 times that. If India fires a nuclear bomb against Pakistan, it’s estimated that about 90% of humans will die (of starvation). The world has agricultural supplies to last just 60 days.

No nuclear war at all. Don’t know why countries have nuclear ammunition. That’s just crazy. [/quote]
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by TheArmourBearer: 10:35am On Mar 13, 2022
Johel:

"He who fights for truth is hated most bruh"....Putin knows what he's doing...The world is full of shit!!...can't you see!...This whole thing will bring about some kind of change...it will look all rough now,but in the end,there will be a global reform...These EU,UK,US are deceivers,liars,they are cunning,they made things so bleeped up in the world ....they made it so difficult to travel from even Naija to London.
bros, if they made deficult for you to travel to London, travel to Russia na or even Iran is there for you to travel to.afterall they are ur preferred country. Y traveling to the west u hate so much?? I don't understand o
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by neuf(m): 10:36am On Mar 13, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Most of you are just too gullible.... NATO was in reality founded to challenge USSR if you don't know ..Many Russians Presidents from Gorbachev to even Putin have made request to join NATO but have been denied by American Presidents

NATO was not founded to challenge USSR. The idea of NATO was birthed when the USSR were annexing all the countries in Eastern Europe up to East Berlin.
The war took a toll on Europe resources and capability and the remaining free country feared a repeat of the war if communist ideology of the Soviet Union was allowed to spread West.
So the bonded with the only other Country powerful enough to give them a level playing field and voila, you have NATO.

since it's inception, NATO has always been defensive not offensive
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by SarkinYarki: 10:37am On Mar 13, 2022
neuf:

NATO was not founded to challenge USSR. The idea of NATO was birthed when the USSR were annexing all the countries in Eastern Europe up to East Berlin.
The war took a toll on Europe resources and capability and the remaining free country feared a repeat of the war if communist ideology of the Soviet Union was allowed to spread West.
So the bonded with the only other Country powerful enough to give them a level playing field and voila, you have NATO.

since it's inception, NATO has always been defensive not offensive
Are we not saying the same thing
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by splashbaby(m): 10:42am On Mar 13, 2022
Stevenson1:

Russia can't afford another invasion anymore.
I don't think they have enough finance or human power for that anymore.
Also, sister countries are looking at what they are doing in Ukraine and they think NATO will be more desirable/ reliable than staying neutral cos staying neutral got Ukraine nowhere except annexation of their cities and towns by Russia.
The Americans and NATO are wise...you crippled a country with sanctions and says you don't want direct confrontation with a nuclear power...what's that? This is more than declaration of war and Putin is still struggling with a comedian. NATO won't fight a war in Ukraine, they want it in Russia and they have already deployed 30% of their arsenal to conquer Ukraine without success. Their nuclear warhead will be detonated in Russia.
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by neuf(m): 10:48am On Mar 13, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Are we not saying the same thing

nope... Challenge is different from defense.
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by UniQue84: 10:52am On Mar 13, 2022
Edugist4u:
Now I see why Africa is still backward. Look at how citizen of Nigeria are typing rubbish. Busy saying what they don't know. Now I know why people always say most people here are children who don't know anything. I never knew politics section is worse than romance section here on nairaland. Most of you really need to educate yourself like seriously speaking.
seriously am more disappointed in you ...after ranting I was expecting you to close it by saying something valuable & tangible in relation to the topic to actually butress and give weight to your above words ...but your fell short

Pot calling kettle black ...

We look at ourself with rose coloured glass and view others with magnified glasses...magnifying every little mistake they make even when we commit same mistake...

What a world ..

1 Like

Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by neuf(m): 10:52am On Mar 13, 2022
Princedapace:

For peaceful world, USA should stop instigating countries closer to other super powers.
That is all.
USA will never ever allow Russia build military base in Mexico or form military alliance with Mexico. Russai could cause havoc to USA from that base.
That is same way Russia is scared of having USA at her backyard in Ukraine. USA can cause serious unrest in Russia from there such as political instability which USA is very good at.

yeah because Ukrainians aren't human beings that know what they want.

so who instigated you to type this comment?
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 13, 2022
Reference:

Another misconception you have brought out that a lot of people in these parts fail to realise because they simply do not read.

At the time Hitler launched operation Barbarossa Stalin barely had a standing army, practically no means to fight and completely obsolete equipment.
Why. He had a non aggression pact with Germany. Satisfied that Germany will decimate the allies he waited to partner with Hitler to share the spoils. But when Hitler lost the war in North Africa in 1943 he tore up this agreement because he needed the petro resources only Russia had within reach so he attacked.
Stalin's quickly sent word to the United States for help and after lots of consideration and debate in Congress Teddy signed the aid pack to both Russia and later China to send them equipment which they deployed to buy time to manufacture theirs in massive numbers.

I was saying last week that it is exactly what is happening in Ukraine today.
If tomorrow by a miracle Ukraine is able to hold out and survive with all the gear supplied by NATO and Ukraine becomes a super power, folks back here will not remember history of how they were aided in many ways to survive.

Such is the nature of the history of the world. America's biggest headache today in the West remains France and France remains belligerent, intolerable and non condescending to America for one reason. They were the principal help to the United States in their war of independence from the British all those hundreds of years ago. Today the British are closer to America than France.... but France has seen their naked.ness.... and vise versa in the second world war.

Lol. Do you know you have ended up saying nothing?

Someone posted that the US helped the USSR to defeat Nazi Germany during WW II. You responded by saying that it was actually the USSR that saved the world from Hitler. I responded by telling you that it was actually the US that helped the USSR overcome Nazi Germany through their lend and lease program to the USSR. I also showed you comments by former USSR leaders that alluded to the fact that if not for US assistance, Nazi Germany would have defeated the USSR. Instead of you to counter me by telling me how the USSR was able to defeat Nazi Germany without the help of the US, your write up ended up buttressing my point that actually, the help from the US was key to the USSR defeating Nazi Germany. Are you not confused like this? grin

In summary, without the help of the US, Nazi Germany would have defeated the USSR.

As for the issue of the US, France and UK. The UK is the number 1 Ally to the US. They have shown to the US to be a trusted ally. France has always had a subtle competition with Britain. Modern France wants to break away from the grip of US military might and guaranteees. They are talking about having an EU standby force. They are not a trusted ally and I wouldn't blame America for being close to UK more than France. They are the only country to have downgraded their membership of NATO Because they didn't want NATO to have collective form of control over their military amidst other issues.

Forget who helped the US fought independence war. France is Eurocentric and don't like the fact that the US controls things even in Europe. The UK is okay being under the shadow of the US. France is not.
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by anonymous1759(m): 10:56am On Mar 13, 2022
pacesetting:
You mean Putin who has been Russia's prime minister/president for over 2 decades will make the world a safer place.

Let me advice you, whenever you are appointing someone to lead a group, do not make the mistake of choosing one with unquenchable desire for power. Putin and the word "safe" can never be classed together.

You see countries like Russia, China, and their allies, these are the real troubles in the world.

And by the way, if you're to choose between Russia/China visa and US/UK visa, which would you pick?

I Would not have replied you because you made mention of VISA I don’t use that as a parameter to decide my sense of reasoning it’s wrong .

Stop bringing that narrative if someone doesn’t assliicck the west . The west call us shit holes and monkeys yet they’re still here drilling oil. They don’t like us , but that can’t affect their senses of reasoning to align with us when it matters .

I also have the right to stay in Europe , America or China and yet still disagree with their policies or way of life . We’re equal In all things No one is superior to the other if they can choose I also gave the right to do the same without condemnation.

Before slave masters came what type of government did we practice wasn’t it monarchy? The Gulf countries still do the same . The bottom line should be progress irrespective of the style of government. I don’t buy the idea of choking everyone with democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by tolue42(m): 10:57am On Mar 13, 2022
Patriotic9ja:

As bitter as it may sound. Unfortunately there is no "sovereign country" in the eyes of the big 5 countries with Veto powers, especially USA, Russia, and China. They can prey on other so called sovereign countries and almost nothing will happen to them. America has been invading sovereign countries even far away from their borders. Africa as a whole was shared among the big countries then for colonalization. And till now they still have high level of influence in the running of these states.

I don't really share your view on this....US only attack terrorists. Or countries who want to disturb the peace of the world
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by neuf(m): 10:58am On Mar 13, 2022
WarriAproko:
Finland,sweden norway are smaller countries. Too easy to take them out. Were will the run to as refuge

The Red Army couldn't take Finland, it's this hungry low supply Russia that can?

you guys are funny
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by neuf(m): 10:59am On Mar 13, 2022
BadEnglish:

Russia is partially a part of NATO.
google the Russia-Nato alliance. even till this day NRC is still active in NATO

those guys are allergic to the Internet
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by neuf(m): 11:02am On Mar 13, 2022
Meninmen:

I said the US didn't want Russia to join Nato. And you said it was because Russia didn't meet the conditions. I then ask you which conditions did Russia not meet? You began blabbing. Then you brought up the issue of UK trying to prevent Soviet Union from breaking as the reason NATO did not allow Russia to join it (which doesn't even make any sense)

The reason Russia can't join Nato is because the US (and other NATO countries) will not allow Russia join the same organization that was formed to counter Russia. This has always been my point.

Why I emphasized only on the US was that the US basically controls NATO. If the US agrees for Russia to join Nato, Russia will join Nato. If however, other NATO countries agree for Russia to join Nato and the US doesn't agree, Russia will not join Nato.

The US agreed for Ukraine to join NATO in 2008. why isn't Ukraine a NATO member in 2022?

I'm waiting for your reply
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by Masterito(m): 11:06am On Mar 13, 2022
Russia can't join NATO because NATO was created to stop Russian aggression.
SarkinYarki:
The solution to all this is to allow Russia join NATO but then the aim of NATO will be defeated
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 13, 2022
neuf:

The US agreed for Ukraine to join NATO in 2008. why isn't Ukraine a NATO member in 2022?

I'm waiting for your reply

To become a NATO member is a process. it is not automatic. There are requirements to be met. That president George Bush supported Ukraine to join Nato doesn't mean Ukriane will automatically join Nato.
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by neuf(m): 11:07am On Mar 13, 2022
Juventus4life:

You got it wrong homie.
Ukraine are not neutral hence the invasion. During negotiation between Ukraine and Russia one of Russia condition or demand is the neutrality of Ukraine.

is it that you guys don't understand the meaning of Sovereignty. Oya I demand that you deactivate your nairaland account because it's detrimental to my health.
Doesn't that bothers on insanity to you?

Every European country that have neutrality was decided by those countries themselves. You don't go about demanding a sovereign nation to make a decision except you're a narcissistic psychopath and borderline insane
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by pquaver(m): 11:11am On Mar 13, 2022
uunwanaobong3:
I wonder what these foolish countries see in NATO to warrant the supreme price of the destruction of their Nation and the lost of their people, instead of wisely remaining NEUTRAL as an independent country........... Now will someone please warn these countries before they escalate this war further?

The fact is when the join or not join Russia will later invade them like Georgia and Ukraine. So it better the join Nato for a fighting chance. Abeg if Ukraine was nato will Russia have invaded?
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by Princedapace(m): 11:13am On Mar 13, 2022
neuf:

yeah because Ukrainians aren't human beings that know what they want.

so who instigated you to type this comment?

Okay, if that is how it works, why hasnt Nigeria allowed Igbos to leave Nigeria? lol
U think it is about what the people want in this whole politics of a thing? My brother it doesnt work like that.
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by pquaver(m): 11:19am On Mar 13, 2022
Jeromejnr:

Haba!!! Make una dey calm down with your lies and misinformation na...shuooo

How did U.S save Russia from Hitler when it was USSR that was responsible for winning the war against hitler?

Hollywood don too brainwash Africans sha...

Everything America America. How many wars has America fought and even won compared to countries like Russia?

Oga say what u know.. America entering the way changed the tides. Ussr pow in Germany be like sand for barbeach. Abeg come and witness real even as it is told.. Uu will weep for Isreal and Ussr if only to take a 20mins visit to Konzentrationslager Belgen-Belsen.. In Niedersachsen Germany.. U no go. Open mouth condemn usa again. I tell u ur eyes will flow like a waterfall and u will understand Isreal stand in dis world when the Arabs believes that they should not exist and while the west protects them.. If u never come u no go know...
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by Kingofdsouth: 11:19am On Mar 13, 2022
What I don’t seem to understand about all this nairaland pro Putin soldiers is that, they have failed to reason or think why all this small countries have decided to side with the “evil west” as they call them. If the west were the problem of the world, why would everyone want to be on their side. Or you guys think you know more about politics than the leaders and security analysts of those countries? Even so called brothers of Russia like Ukraine are running from russia and you don’t seem to sense that there is a clue there?
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by pquaver(m): 11:24am On Mar 13, 2022
anonymous1759:

I Would not have replied you because you made mention of VISA I don’t use that as a parameter to decide my sense of reasoning it’s wrong .

Stop bringing that narrative if someone doesn’t assliicck the west . The west call us shit holes and monkeys yet they’re still here drilling oil. They don’t like us , but that can’t affect their senses of reasoning to align with us when it matters .

I also have the right to stay in Europe , America or China and yet still disagree with their policies or way of life . We’re equal In all things No one is superior to the other if they can choose I also gave the right to do the same without condemnation.

Before slave masters came what type of government did we practice wasn’t it monarchy? The Gulf countries still do the same . The bottom line should be progress irrespective of the style of government. I don’t buy the idea of choking everyone with democracy.

Go to China, North Korea and Russia to disagree with their policies, not stay in the same democracy Dat gave u right to speak to support who didn't give u right... It smacks of hypocrite and outright foolishness. This is exactly what the citizens in dis countries what freedom to talk like u.. And u r hear saying trash.
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by Trentee4eva: 11:25am On Mar 13, 2022
Meninmen:

You are in Nigeria and you see no reason why countries should join Nato.

But Ukrainians and other countries close to Russia are seeing reasons why they should join Nato.

Zelensky pushed for Ukraine to join Nato. And so?

Na wa for una grin.
Ukrainians are now paying the price for Zelenskyy’s decision. Russia has been using conventional weapons in Ukraine but with NATO, it's going to be nuclear weapons and they have more than 6000 of it. I guess you haven't heard of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by neuf(m): 11:26am On Mar 13, 2022
Meninmen:

To become a NATO member is a process. it is not automatic. There are requirements to be met. That president George Bush supported Ukraine to join Nato doesn't mean Ukriane will automatically join Nato.

go and read what you wrote in the comment I replied to about how the US control NATO and the organisation does what the US says.

So now you have a little understanding of how the Organisation works, good for you
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by neuf(m): 11:28am On Mar 13, 2022
Princedapace:

Okay, if that is how it works, why hasnt Nigeria allowed Igbos to leave Nigeria? lol
U think it is about what the people want in this whole politics of a thing? My brother it doesnt work like that.

Is Igbo signatory to the UN charter?

is igbo a recognizable sovereign country?

like seriously I'm intrigued to know what you guys use to reason because I'm not so sure it's the brain
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by Czario: 11:34am On Mar 13, 2022
Bennita911:
Russia should just join NATO

Omo you're a genius !
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by OMOGBEHIN36(m): 11:45am On Mar 13, 2022
chameleon98:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-12/russian-official-warns-finland-sweden-against-joining-nato

I see world war coming.
Tho am not a falseprophet1, but this is what I have seen.
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by Jeromejnr(m): 11:50am On Mar 13, 2022
pquaver:

Oga say what u know.. America entering the way changed the tides. Ussr pow in Germany be like sand for barbeach. Abeg come and witness real even as it is told.. Uu will weep for Isreal and Ussr if only to take a 20mins visit to Konzentrationslager Belgen-Belsen.. In Niedersachsen Germany.. U no go. Open mouth condemn usa again. I tell u ur eyes will flow like a waterfall and u will understand Isreal stand in dis world when the Arabs believes that they should not exist and while the west protects them.. If u never come u no go know...

All these American worshippers sef..

Because America leased them weapons where they the only country America leased weapons to?

The 3 toughest and bloodiest battles in history where fought and won by Russians themselves...

Example is the Battle of Stalingard been the bloodiest war in history in the heart of Moscow.

America has only been in 11 wars...and Russia has participated in more than twenty wars and won 6. Most wars usually ended in what you know as Moscow

How many of these wars did America lease them weapons?

Give credit to who credit is due..Russia stopped Hitler as said by historians. If not, I am sure you wouldn't be typing nonsense online today.

Russia has fought more wars than America can ever dream of. And they, my friend, have more battle experience.
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by ozo13(m): 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2022
SarkinYarki:
The solution to all this is to allow Russia join NATO but then the aim of NATO will be defeated
Russia wanted to join i think in early 2000 but they didn't allow meaning so call NATO was created to gradually annihilate Russia.

1 Like

Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by infogeneral: 12:17pm On Mar 13, 2022
Putin is going the Hitler way and end he will end like Hitler, unless he quickly turns back.
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by Corea4king(m): 12:20pm On Mar 13, 2022
For Ukraine to leave her brother Russia and join another country, It seems that her brother is the one with evil agender
Re: Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO by lexy2014: 12:26pm On Mar 13, 2022
Trentee4eva:

Ukrainians are now paying the price for Zelenskyy’s decision. Russia has been using conventional weapons in Ukraine but with NATO, it's going to be nuclear weapons and they have more than 6000 of it. I guess you haven't heard of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan

Did Ukraine sign a pact with Russia that it will not join NATO?

If Russia uses nuclear weapons with NATO, will NATO use catapult with Russia?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Russia Boasts It Fired Warning Shots And Dropped BOMBS At Royal Navy Warship / Joe Biden Almost Falls On The Air Force One Stairs Again / Trump Evacuated From Press Briefing Due To Shooting Outside The White House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.