Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The (1788 Views)

Canadian World Deadliest Sniper "Wali" Killed In Ukraine / IS-K: Profile Of World's Deadliest Terror Group Behind Kabul Attack (Pictures) / ₦14Million: Russia Develops World Deadliest Sniper Rifle, Over 2 Miles Range (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by Toktee(m): 1:44pm On Mar 14, 2022
A former Canadian sniper left his computer programming job behind to fight alongside Ukrainian forces. He’s known as ‘Wali’, which translates to guardian in Arabic

He can kill 40 in a day: Meet the ‘world’s deadliest sniper’ who has joined the fight against Russia in Ukraine
Around 20,000 volunteers from 52 countries have signed up to fight in Ukraine. AP

Ukraine continues put up resistance against Russia as the war enters its 19th day. Thousands of foreign fighters have responded to President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s call to fight alongside Ukrainian soldiers and conscripts. One man stands out among the many and he is known as “Wali”, the “world’s deadliest sniper”.

Who is he? And how did he join the conflict?

Wali is a former Canadian sniper who reportedly reached Ukraine on March 4 along with three other ex-soldiers from his country and a group of British veterans. He crossed over from Poland, sheltered in a renovated home before joining the Ukrainian military and citizen soldiers, reports the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.

The 40-year-old was working as a computer programmer when the war broke out. He left his job and family behind to join the International Legion of Territorial Defense of Ukraine. The sniper’s real name remains a secret and he is identified as “Wali”; it translates to guardian in Arabic.

The average productivity of sniper is 7 men a day. On the front type like Ukrainian, productivity can reach up to 10. "Vali" can provide up to 40 deaths per day.
Wali left for Ukraine with a handful of combat equipment: backpack, a gas mask, a ghillie suit (a camouflage suit typically used by snipers), binoculars, and a combat jacket from Afghanistan, according to the French publication La Presse. “A week ago I was still programming stuff. Now I’m grabbing anti-tank missiles in a warehouse to kill real people…That’s my reality right now,” he said.

The toughest part so far has been missing his son’s first birthday. But Wali said he had little choice. “I want to help… it's as simple as that," he told the CBC. “I have to help because there are people here being bombarded just because they want to be European and not Russian.”

Wali said that the Ukrainians were glad to see him and his peers join the fight. “They were so happy to have us; it’s like we were friends right away,” he added.

Why is he labelled the world’s deadliest sniper?

Wali served with the Royal Canadian Infantry's 22nd Regiment in Kandahar during the Afghanistan war between 2009 and 2011, reports The Independent. He also reportedly volunteered to fight the Islamic State in Iraq in 2015 and joined hands with the Kurdish forces.

According to media reports, the sniper can deliver 40 kills in a day. On an average, a sniper makes five to six kills in a day.

Wali holds the record of the longest confirmed kill – he shot down an IS’s fighter in Iraq’s Mosul from a distance of 3.5 kilometre using a McMillan Tac-50 rifle in June 2017.

Wali on the war

The sniper said he that could not just sit back and watch an all-out invasion unfold before his eyes. “…when I see the images of destruction in Ukraine, it is my son that I see, in danger and who is suffering," Wali told La Presse. "When I see a destroyed building, it is the person who owns it, who sees his pension fund go up in smoke that I see.”

“I don’t think the Ukrainians deserve what is going on,” he added.

Wali is now making Molotov cocktails and purchasing amateur drones for surveillance, according to the La Presse report. He added that he’d have to “brush up on how to shoot down a chopper or a tank”. He, however, clarifies that he does not “hate the Russians”.

Foreign fighters in Ukraine

According to Ukraine, around 20,000 volunteers from 52 countries have signed up to join the international legion. These foreign fighters can wear the Ukrainian uniform and get a citizenship. This is to make sure that if captured by Russian forces, they will be treated as per the Geneva Conventions of war.

The Canadian government has advised its citizens against traveling to Ukraine. However, Canadian Foreign Minister Mélanie Joly had said that its citizens may join the forces in Ukraine as an “individual choice”.

1 Like

Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by izuch(m): 1:49pm On Mar 14, 2022
All this hailings now, Las Las dem go come kill am like foul

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by BSsniffer: 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2022
Zelensky has turned his country into a play ground warmongers and war dogs.
Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by Toktee(m): 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2022
izuch:
That is your opinion....
Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by Toktee(m): 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2022
BSsniffer:
what about russia?
There are chechens;berelusians,syrians etc who are fighting for russia.

2 Likes

Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by Nukilia: 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2022
You need to read the story of the Brazilians who went to Ukraine. Over 500 mercenaries were bombed to hell in there presence cheesy cheesy
Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by BSsniffer: 1:57pm On Mar 14, 2022
Toktee:
what about russia?
There are chechens;berelusians,syrians etc who are fighting for russia.

They're fighting for Russia but not in Russia.

1 Like

Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by izuch(m): 2:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
Toktee:
That is your opinion....

Obviously undecided
Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by Suspect1: 2:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
izuch:
noise!

1 Like

Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by Suspect1: 2:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
BSsniffer:
noise!

1 Like

Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by Suspect1: 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2022
Nukilia:
You need to read the story of the Brazilians who went to Ukraine. Over 500 mercenaries were bombed to hell in there presence cheesy cheesy
yen yen yen! Keep shut!

1 Like

Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 14, 2022
BSsniffer:

Thanks for saying by extension that the US invading Afghansitan and Iraq was the right thing to do as well.#

Better not take sides in this war. Russia , while having a right to safe borders, does not have a right to violently invade and change a country, same as US had no right to do same in Iraq and Afghansitan.

At the end, it is another European war. Make them fight.

1 Like

Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by VirileNelly2420: 2:27pm On Mar 14, 2022
He can kill! But den, can't he be killed? Abi he dey invisible? ....

Russians are badass wen it comes to sniping too...
Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by BSsniffer: 2:42pm On Mar 14, 2022
Backbencher2:

Thanks for saying by extension that the US invading Afghansitan and Iraq was the right thing to do as well.#

Better not take sides in this war. Russia , while having a right to safe borders, does not have a right to violently invade and change a country, same as US had no right to do same in Iraq and Afghansitan.

Lol...."support" honestly I don't really care about white people dying in a war but I've constantly explained my position on the Russian-ukraine conflict many times on nairaland and why I believe that Russia is the real victim and US NATO are the aggressors while Ukraine is just the proxy puppet state in the mix and the funny thing is that the information that proves this right for all to see is online. There's a lecture by Vladimir Pozner at Yale University in 2018 that perfectly analyses the issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X7Ng75e5gQ
Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 14, 2022
BSsniffer:

Lol...."support" honestly I don't really care about white people dying in a war but I've constantly explained my position on the Russian-ukraine

Still does not justify Russia, US or any big country invading smaller countries.

I can prolly bring out lots of videos where people justify US invasion and interventions of other countries. I can even go and bring books on people saying why it was right for the US to fight communism and yes I don't like communism.

But at the end, countries have the right to ally with others and also have the right to do whatever they want to do.

US and Russia, and to some extent many other countries not respecting that right is the reason why we have a lot of mess in this world.

Anyway, it's no use. People love supporting big nations...like you and the Biden and Putin fanboys. Meanwhile, no one needed to invade USA to show them that slavery was wrong, or to invade Russia to show them that mass serfdom was wrong at the same time.

If Ukraine wants to ally with NATO, USA or Lucifer Asmodeus, by all means, LET THEM. And yes, for folks like me, I prefer Ukraine gives both Russia and US the middle finger, and stays neutral.
Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by Toktee(m): 2:53pm On Mar 14, 2022
VirileNelly2420:
He can kill! But den, can't he be killed? Abi he dey invisible? ....

Russians are badass wen it comes to sniping too...
Yet we just heard it from you.
Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by BSsniffer: 2:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
Backbencher2:

Still does not justify Russia, US or any big country invading smaller countries.

I can prolly bring out lots of videos where people justify US invasion and interventions of other countries. I can even go and bring books on people saying why it was right for the US to fight communism and yes I don't like communism.

But at the end, countries have the right to ally with others and also have the right to do whatever they want to do.

US and Russia, and to some extent many other countries not respecting that right is the reason why we have a lot of mess in this world.

Anyway, it's no use. People love supporting big nations...like you and the Biden and Putin fanboys. Meanwhile, no one needed to invade USA to show them that slavery was wrong, or to invade Russia to show them that mass serfdom was wrong at the same time.

If Ukraine wants to ally with NATO, USA or Lucifer Asmodeus, by all means, LET THEM. And yes, for folks like me, I prefer Ukraine gives both Russia and US the middle finger, and stays neutral.

I've just discovered that most Nigerians like you fail to try to understand issues but just simply want to push a take that seems moral just for argument sake and to flex some faux knowledge of an issue you really don't know much about.......why don't you even watch the video and understand the issue before commenting on it because obviously you have absolutely zero understanding of geopolitics and what led up to the invasion of Ukraine. Lord god....

1 Like

Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 14, 2022
BSsniffer:

I've just discovered that most Nigerians like you fail to try to understand issues but just simply want to push a take that seems moral just for argument sake and to flex some faux knowledge of an issue you really don't know much about.......why don't you even watch the video and understand the issue before commenting on it because obviously you have absolutely zero understanding of geopolitics and what led up to the invasion of Ukraine. Lord god....

I am not supporting any side. You and the other Putin boys support Putin, and some people here support Biden.

At the end, its two empires fighting...as has been for centuries, most notably between the Romans and the Parithians. That's why I won't support a side.

And if you support Russia invading Ukraine, then US invasions too make sense. At the end , either side is fighitng against 'evil' Either way, people suffer.
Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by BSsniffer: 3:10pm On Mar 14, 2022
Backbencher2:

I am not supporting any side. You and the other Putin boys support Putin, and some people here support Biden.

At the end, its two empires fighting...as has been for centuries, most notably between the Romans and the Parithians. That's why I won't support a side.

And if you support Russia invading Ukraine, then US invasions too make sense. At the end , either side is fighitng against 'evil' Either way, people suffer.

Ok
Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by VirileNelly2420: 3:13pm On Mar 14, 2022
Toktee:
Yet we just heard it from you.

How many are u plz??
Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by mycar: 3:29pm On Mar 14, 2022
BSsniffer:
Blaming the victim I supposed, this life no balance, why not blame the oppressor instead of the oppressed?
Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by Horus(m): 3:31pm On Mar 14, 2022
Meet the world’s deadliest Liar who has joined the Propaganda against Russia in Ukraine
Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by Walkee: 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2022
Lol these same guys getting annihilated even before they have the chance to pick up a weapon? cheesy

Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by talk2hb1(m): 5:19pm On Mar 14, 2022
War is Over Jooh
Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by engrchykae(m): 9:33pm On Mar 14, 2022
Backbencher2:

the death of Europe, the life of Africa, I hope neocolonialism comes to an end
Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by engrchykae(m): 9:37pm On Mar 14, 2022
Wali believes he is better than all the snipers in the world.
People can whine themselves Sha.
Biafran snipers can shoot into a Saladin through a small protector.
Ask ibb about his leg on the long march from Enugu to umuahia
Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by KaideeGee(m): 11:44pm On Mar 14, 2022
“And I, indeed I, have appointed with him Aholiab the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan; and I have put wisdom in the hearts of all the gifted artisans, that they may make all that I have commanded you:
Exodus 31:6 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/exo.31.6.NKJV

Let's Pray,
Most High God, The Father of all Spirits and God of all Flesh, Thank You for this brand new day and opportunity to learn at Your feet. Be glorified Father. Please teach us Your ways and cause us to walk in the truth all the days of our lives.
We humbly ask for forgiveness, in anyway we have wronged or offended You please have mercy on us, dedicate us to Yourself again.
Thank You for it is done, we pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Followers of Christ,
I love the part the says“And I, indeed I,". It lays emphasis on the fact that it is God that gives talent and latent aptitude. Many times, the gifts that God bestows on a person are to be used to serve Him and aid His work on the Earth

1 Corinthians 14:12
[12]Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel.

There are some other purposes for which gifts are given, but, we are focusing on the above mentioned.
Sorry to make this reference, but many of the 'superstars' in the secular world derive their roots in one way or the other from the service of God. But the devil, as He did in Eden has deceived and corrupted many. May God have mercy.
Use your gifts to serve God, there is no better investment. God's work has the highest ROI. People with some knowledge of financial investment will understand me.
God has a plan for everything, even for the seemingly obscure. Don't waste God's investment in your life.
Peace.
Re: He Can Kill 40 In A Day: Meet The ‘world’s Deadliest Sniper’ Who Has Joined The by Toktee(m): 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2022
engrchykae:
the death of Europe, the life of Africa, I hope neocolonialism comes to an end
Not posible

(1) (Reply)

As Israeli Forces Enter Muslim Holy Site In Jerusalem / The Art Of War: The Reconquest Of Africa / THE CODED MESSAGE OBAMA DELIVERS WHEN HE SAYS ISIL INSTEAD OF ISIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.