Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again (25527 Views)

National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again / Boko Haram Throws Maiduguri Into Darkness Again, Blows Up Power Tower / National Grid Collapses, Plunges Lagos, Others Into Darkness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by etokhana: 3:32pm On Mar 14, 2022
Nigeria’s national grid, operated from Osogbo in Osun State, collapsed this morning plunging the country into total darkness.

The grid reportedly collapsed at about 10:40am Monday sending the eleven distribution companies which supply the 36 and Federal Capital Territory (FCT) out of supply.

As at 2:40 pm on Monday multiple sources across the distribution companies told The Guardian that although there were reports that the grid was being restored some of of them were yet to pick energy load.

The electricity situation in the country has been in its worst moment since the past months as generation capacity dropped to 2,000 megawatts with about 14 power plants shutting down.

This is not the first time the grid will be collapsing. Since 2013 when the sector was privatised, the grid has failed electricity consumers more than 130 times.

Although the Federal Government-owned Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), which manages the grid had at some point said grid collapse happen globally, the collapse of the power supply, each time it occurs, comes with a huge economic loss for consumers, especially commercial entities.
https://guardian.ng/news/nigerias-epileptic-grid-collapses-plunges-country-into-darkness-again/
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Laggafin: 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
I want to sell my Nigerian passport for free.. sadplease whoever is interested should contact me

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Nukilia: 3:38pm On Mar 14, 2022
Nigeria sef don collapse grin

Waiting for the criminals to start posting poster for 2023 ...

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by GooodHardDick: 3:40pm On Mar 14, 2022
Nigeria is gone

Buhari will handle security
Osinbajo will handle economy
... Mad Men

172 Likes 13 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by buckeyemedia: 3:40pm On Mar 14, 2022
Nukilia:
Nigeria sef don collapse grin

Waiting for the criminals to start posting poster for 2023 ...
No electricity here since 6am Thursday morning, so what is new?

Ironically the so called criminals you mentioned, is me & you.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by edoairways: 3:54pm On Mar 14, 2022
buckeyemedia:

Mine for the past three days

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by inoki247: 3:57pm On Mar 14, 2022
And dat stupid Fashola dey diz Govt we no hear anything from him...

What a clueless somebody dey always see Nigeria Problem from far...

Electricity is not a rocket science undecided undecided

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 14, 2022
When you pay N20 to N60 for something that costs N53 to N80 to make, this is what you get.

No profits, bad service.

If you want power 24 seven, let the sector set its price so that money dey for more generation and better transmission.

You cannot pay 400 naira for a car.

MODIFIED

Before anyone quotes me again, I advise them to read this....

SOLVING THE LIQUIDTY CRUNCH IN THE NIGERIAN POWER SECTOR

Google for it, and download it. And read it.

SUMMARY BELOW

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
Laggafin:
I want to sell my Nigerian passport for free.. sadplease whoever is interested should contact me

Remember us when you reach your kingdom

Remember also that power in your new kingdom costs a lot of money, and the prices rise from time to time.

1 Like

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Laggafin: 4:04pm On Mar 14, 2022
Backbencher2:

Remember also that power in your new kingdom costs a lot of money, and the prices rise from time to time.
Comrade leave me to my decisions you hear.. it's my decision to sell it.. so just face front

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
Why is everything not ok in this country? Why are we not getting it right ? Whycant we tackle electricity for once since we know this could make our country great!

10 Likes

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
Laggafin:

Comrade leave me to my decisions you hear.. it's my decision to sell it.. so just face front

Just telling you Nigerians what it takes ....
Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Racoon(m): 4:11pm On Mar 14, 2022
To provide 24 hours electricity is not rocket science but detective Fashola is not running his mouth as it were pre-2015.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Pierocash(m): 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
Which of the countries is plunged into darkness,is it same Nigeria that I am enjoying 22hrs power supply?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:28pm On Mar 14, 2022
Praise Bubu
buckeyemedia:

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by helinues: 4:30pm On Mar 14, 2022
No be today...
Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:30pm On Mar 14, 2022
Backbencher2:

How far? What happened to aviation fuel? Your anti-subsidy theory no bring investment to that one?

Hope you hear govt has removed electricity subsidy "quietly" without breaking a sweat

Looking forward to your prophesied massive investments there

30 Likes

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by sotall(m): 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
tongue

Buhari is working

4 Likes

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Brendaniel: 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
Backbencher2:

buckeyemedia:

Backbencher2:
When you pay N20 to N60 for something that costs N53 to N80 to make, this is what you get.

No profits, bad service.

If you want power 24 seven, let the sector set its price so that money dey for more generation and better transmission.

You cannot pay 400 naira for a car.

Let them make it 24 hours first, then tell people to pay, they have been increasing it without any improvement, so your theory does not hold waters at all, the new place I'm staying I was paying 4k when I moved in 2019 now I am paying N42,000 and the light got worse as they kept on increasing it and I kept on paying, so please the government here is at fault, so don't come and say rubbish about increment...

YOUR THEORY DOES NOT HOLD WATERS, CALL A SPADE A SPADE, BUHARI HAS FAILED...

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Maxcollins042(m): 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
Power has been restored over here though
Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Thinktwicemybro: 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
Say baba!!!!!!!!!!!!! Till 3030

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by TWoods(m): 4:37pm On Mar 14, 2022
Laggafin:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 4:37pm On Mar 14, 2022
My major concern is the masses who've refused to receive sense. When it's time for election, we allow these politicians to let us vote based on ethnic and religious grounds, some even sell their votes with no sight of the big picture.

It's high time people realise that these politicians don't care about you

They deceive and divide you based on religious and ethnic grounds, but they Unite at the top to milk the country dry

Now that there's fuel scarcity , you won't see specific fuel stations for APC or PDP supporters, neither would they give you fuel because you're a Christian or a Muslim .

Whether you vote good or bad leaders, na everybody go hear am
ASUU Strike all their children are abroad getting quality education , you that voted based on ethnoreligious ground is at home, no special school for you that's Christian, Muslim, APC or PDP supporter

Una must receive sense by Force

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by nairaman66(m): 4:37pm On Mar 14, 2022
Failed government! See them shouting about 2023..

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by slimanyd: 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2022
Only God knows how many times National Grid don collapse since Buhari Regime.

Anyways. Bring your Legit PayPal funds Biko. God no go shame you.

Beep me on WhatsApp via. 07039421858

Thanks.
Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Teaser4(m): 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2022
Laggafin:
shey you get passport, if you do why yu never japa… Goan sell your virtual passport

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Nahunger(m): 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2022
Na everyday e dey collapse cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

INEC Rejects Governorship Nominations Of Parties In Seven States / Gbajabiamila Will Not Be Majority Leader, Dogara Insists / Justice Binta Nyako Threatens To Withdraw From Nnamdi Kanu’s Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.