Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals (31020 Views)

Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff / Roman Abramovich Suffered Suspected Poisoning At Russia-Ukraine Peace Talk / Zelensky Urges Biden Not To Sanction Russian Oligarch, Roman Abramovich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Sltp: 5:44am On Mar 15, 2022
How exactly does this concern the UK?

2 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by AroleOduduwa2: 5:48am On Mar 15, 2022
So due diligence was not done when he bought the club or he wasn’t corrupt then? The hypocrisy of the Brit is astonishing

4 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by doeeyed: 5:51am On Mar 15, 2022
Kurumaru:
All of a sudden, U.k now cares about a fraud on the Russian people, But look away on African POLITICAL THIEVES. Who brings our heritage to their country on a daily basis.

Modus operandi......

They look the other way, as fraud money pours in and develops their economy.

When's it's time to act, they bring out UWOs for small boys 50k upwards and do the Abramovich for the Billion dollar boys.

The Chinese learnt quickly and limited their central London acquisitions once Cameron spoke from both sides of his mouth.

The Africans are still yet to learn.

In the event of reparation, only a fraction of the money is returned to the original state if at all, ........certainly years possibly decades later with no additional interest paid to account for inflation.

5 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by abbey621(m): 6:02am On Mar 15, 2022
If all countries dey talk, shey na U.K suppose get mouth, these mofos invented corruption.....How does this concern U.K? A private citizen made deals with the government in his home country and somehow that equates to being corrupt and not worthy of owning a football club? GTFO! What does it say about the U.K, man has been propping up your dead economy for two decades and now he is persona non grata.....Ko ni ye yin angry angry

The same idiots that refused to ban lobbying of parliament and Congress, same idiots that have profited from their political positions through book deals, stock market etc, awon werey!

4 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by FireUpNow(m): 6:04am On Mar 15, 2022
BBC and UK govt are just making noise and want to bring Chelsea FC down

3 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:05am On Mar 15, 2022
Laughing

UK will regret this

3 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Ximenez(m): 6:06am On Mar 15, 2022
Propaganda.
Not selling to dwarfs from China cos they brought more money and selling to your own citizen is also corruption?

4 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:06am On Mar 15, 2022
All UK and USA get is media power.

Ordinary Vietnam.. USA no win the war despite shouting of their arsenal

3 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by owolabi5: 6:07am On Mar 15, 2022
CAR PAPERS

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Nobody: 6:10am On Mar 15, 2022
Comradewhy:
How else do you think most Russian oligarchs made their money?
There was absolute chaos in 1990-ies in Russia, no proper bookkeeping, no one could tell for sure what was where and how much. To put it more precisely, almost no one. Those who did and had good connections simply stole billions.

Some of them took over the existing infrastructure built during Soviet times practically for free. Some of this infrastructure were ports, oil terminals, railroads and so on.
Back then In Soviet Union all companies were state owned. When Russia turned to democracy all those companies were sold to certain people for extremely cheap prices and so in a blink of an eye they became oligarhs.
Most are fantastically corrupt individuals.

Russia is not practicing democracy but communism
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by ovieigho(m): 6:10am On Mar 15, 2022
250m $ in 1995 sef no be moi moi na

When you are rich you are rich

6 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Dawn91(m): 6:10am On Mar 15, 2022
[s]
Comradewhy:
There was absolute chaos in 1990-ies in Russia, no proper bookkeeping, no one could tell for sure what was where and how much. To put it more precisely, almost no one. Those who did and had good connections simply stole billions.

Some of them took over the existing infrastructure built during Soviet times practically for free. Some of this infrastructure were ports, oil terminals, railroads and so on.
Back then In Soviet Union all companies were state owned. When Russia turned to democracy all those companies were sold to certain people for extremely cheap prices and so in a blink of an eye they became oligarhs.
[/s]

How did the likes of Alakija and Tinubu , Dangote come to own oil wells in my Niger Delta again?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by obonujoker(m): 6:11am On Mar 15, 2022
Comradewhy:

Is Russia a democracy?
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by abbeyty90: 6:13am On Mar 15, 2022
So they knew all this but they let him bought Chelsea? Corrupt BBC. Can someone ask BBC what they have been doing with TV licence money

3 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Nobody: 6:14am On Mar 15, 2022
obonujoker:

Is Russia a democracy?
Yeah of course.

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Nobody: 6:15am On Mar 15, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]

How did the likes of Alakija and Tinubu , Dangote come to own oil wells in my Niger Delta again?
Stop dragging me to your shi't hole whenever I am talking global politics.
That is none of my business,I was addressing Roman and the oligarchs here.

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Dawn91(m): 6:17am On Mar 15, 2022
[s]
Comradewhy:

Stop dragging me to your shi't hole whenever I am talking global politics.
That is none of my business,I was addressing Roman and the oligarchs here.
[/s]
No one asked for your stupid explanation

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by letitrainnow(m): 6:19am On Mar 15, 2022
Sure
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Nobody: 6:20am On Mar 15, 2022
Manlikechoba:

Russia is not practicing democracy but communism
Stop disturbing me with nonsense,how is Russia practicing that?
What concern communism as an economic system with democracy?

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Nobody: 6:20am On Mar 15, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]
No one asked for your stupid explanation
You did.

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by lexy2014: 6:21am On Mar 15, 2022
NwaNimo1:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60736185

they are just looking for a way to discredit the man so as to ease their guilt with the way they have stolen chelsea from him. didnt they know all these before they allowed him to buy chelsea? the same hyporcrites sold newcastle to mohammed bin salman who is far worse than abramovich. i dont see the british making a fuss

4 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by lexy2014: 6:22am On Mar 15, 2022
abbeyty90:
So they knew all this but they let him bought Chelsea? Corrupt BBC. Can someone ask BBC what they have been doing with TV licence money

the matter tire me pass you

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Dawn91(m): 6:24am On Mar 15, 2022
[s]
Comradewhy:

You did.
[/s]
Your mental illness has started again right ?

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Nobody: 6:25am On Mar 15, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]
Your mental illness has started again right ?

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by chypotenti(m): 6:27am On Mar 15, 2022
UK Government with their over sabi attitude, even in the UK too, most of their billionaire's if not all, made their money through dirty means too......if them like make them dismantle Chelsea fc cos of Abramovich, na UK the club they and not Russia....those ones mumu(UK government) like Nigeria.....
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Dawn91(m): 6:28am On Mar 15, 2022
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by alfredilly: 6:28am On Mar 15, 2022

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Nobody: 6:29am On Mar 15, 2022

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by boxypane(m): 6:30am On Mar 15, 2022
So the British government didn't know this before he(Abrahamovich) bought Chelsea ba?
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Dawn91(m): 6:34am On Mar 15, 2022
Comradewhy:

Seems you are the gay stalker known as henrydion grin
You want my friendship so badly ? Fàggot
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Nobody: 6:35am On Mar 15, 2022
Dawn91:

Seems you are the gay stalker known as henrydion grin
You want my friendship so badly ? Fàggot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Taliban To US: Don't Encourage Afghans To Leave, We Need Them / Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater / CNN/ORC Poll: Hillary Clinton Won The 2nd US Presidential Debate 57% To 34%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.