Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,156 members, 7,821,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals (31025 Views)

Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff / Roman Abramovich Suffered Suspected Poisoning At Russia-Ukraine Peace Talk / Zelensky Urges Biden Not To Sanction Russian Oligarch, Roman Abramovich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Miyachi: 8:05am On Mar 15, 2022
Ojemedad:
He is a business man, in 1995 Putin wasn't the president then.
Most of these happened during Boris Yeltin. Ibrahamovic and Boris Berezovsky were part of his inner circle. They got state assets for cheap and became billionaires overnight. All these was corroborated by Ibrahamovic himself when Boris sued him after fleeing Putin in the UK.
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by GreatAxeMan: 8:06am On Mar 15, 2022
How did Brits ground Manchester United? Manchester United's owners the Glazer Family are Americans. It was actually when Manchester United was under British ownership that it was very successful. Ignorance is an active curse on the members of this forum.

Elvictor:
Na normal thing, em don tay wey Brits dey eye to steal Chelsea, they will still ground it like the way they grounded Man UTD.

Thieves

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Athemisia: 8:06am On Mar 15, 2022
Comradewhy:
How else do you think most Russian oligarchs made their money?
There was absolute chaos in 1990-ies in Russia, no proper bookkeeping, no one could tell for sure what was where and how much. To put it more precisely, almost no one. Those who did and had good connections simply stole billions.

Some of them took over the existing infrastructure built during Soviet times practically for free. Some of this infrastructure were ports, oil terminals, railroads and so on.
Back then In Soviet Union all companies were state owned. When Russia turned to democracy all those companies were sold to certain people for extremely cheap prices and so in a blink of an eye they became oligarhs.
Most are fantastically corrupt individuals.

Edit:some are already disturbing me about Russia being a communist country/practicing communism.
There is a difference between democracy and communism which is an economic system.

Democracy is primarily a political system while communism is primarily an economic system. Democracy and communism can exist together, in exclusion of one another, or neither may exist.

Nothing about modern Russia is communist. It is not a classless society where all property is communally-owned. It is a capitalist society wherein people own private property, businesses make profits, and workers are paid wages.

Russia is technically a democracy because its leaders are elected, but it's very flawed democracy as elections are rigged and opposition is stifled.
Simple please understand that.
Comrade, For the first time you made sense... Unlike before when you dey behave like one hörñy teenager.

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 15, 2022
Athemisia:

Comrade, For the first time you made sense... Unlike before when you dey behave like one Hot teenager.

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Onokwu001(m): 8:10am On Mar 15, 2022
The same UK government are still shielding Alison Madueke Diezani from prosecution. Double standard. UK government and individuals are more corrupt than Roman Success Abrahamovic. I smell witch-hunt and an attempt to invade Abrahamovic assets. Say no to the west and their cheap propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by GreatAxeMan: 8:11am On Mar 15, 2022
In your case, it was not corruption but smart business (I'm actually envious...)

But in the case of Abramovic it was corruption because the sale of the state owned asset to him was not a transparent process. It was rigged in his favour by his corrupt friends who are in government. Had it been an open auction he may never have bought those assets at such give away prices.

WarriAproko:
I buy 10 bitcoin in 2012 for 10dollars. In 2022 i sold 10bitcoin for 400k. Tell me how is this curruption. This is just business.
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by succri(m): 8:19am On Mar 15, 2022
Liverpool , man u , city , arsenal infact all top clubs across all leagues are all corrupt one way or another including Madrid , the government knows this but taxing is important , these clubs also build their communities....chelsea is just sweet for the taking , the club was running on minus , forget the trophies .

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Bunnatex(m): 8:28am On Mar 15, 2022
They want to kill the man's image.

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Aguogba(m): 8:29am On Mar 15, 2022
How many people have been sanctioned by the British for Nigeria's privatisation? Or it doesn't matter as long as they don't own Chelsea.

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by tonyson010(m): 8:34am On Mar 15, 2022
bakar007:

Wetin concern UK ,US and NATO countries how he made his wealth , Na their money he take These same countries if you don't know are safe heaven for corrupt billionaires running from China and Russia

with politicians who are pushed around to talk from backyard.
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by jcross19: 8:43am On Mar 15, 2022
NwaNimo1:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60736185
the UK criminals are trying to justified the forcefully taken of his assets!! The same UK that invaded Africa and looted all our natural resources, looted India, enslaved Africans, sold them to build their country.. If we should look at it very well British has no right to call someone corruption because they are the mother of all corruption...

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by WarriAproko: 8:47am On Mar 15, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
In your case, it was not corruption but smart business (I'm actually envious...)

But in the case of Abramovic it was corruption because the sale of the state owned asset to him was not a transparent process. It was rigged in his favour by his corrupt friends who are in government. Had it been an open auction he may never have bought those assets at such give away prices.

who is to complain. Is it UK government or russia government. Amebo UK
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by WarriAproko: 8:48am On Mar 15, 2022
Who presucuted the UK government wen they looted africa
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by georgeakins: 9:02am On Mar 15, 2022
Comradewhy:
How else do you think most Russian oligarchs made their money?
There was absolute chaos in 1990-ies in Russia, no proper bookkeeping, no one could tell for sure what was where and how much. To put it more precisely, almost no one. Those who did and had good connections simply stole billions.

Some of them took over the existing infrastructure built during Soviet times practically for free. Some of this infrastructure were ports, oil terminals, railroads and so on.
Back then In Soviet Union all companies were state owned. When Russia turned to democracy all those companies were sold to certain people for extremely cheap prices and so in a blink of an eye they became oligarhs.
Most are fantastically corrupt individuals.

Edit:some are already disturbing me about Russia being a communist country/practicing communism.
There is a difference between democracy and communism which is an economic system.

Democracy is primarily a political system while communism is primarily an economic system. Democracy and communism can exist together, in exclusion of one another, or neither may exist.

Nothing about modern Russia is communist. It is not a classless society where all property is communally-owned. It is a capitalist society wherein people own private property, businesses make profits, and workers are paid wages.

Russia is technically a democracy because its leaders are elected, but it's very flawed democracy as elections are rigged and opposition is stifled.
Simple please understand that.

Front page of every story on Nairaland should be reserved for people who are well read, like you.
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by GreatAxeMan: 9:06am On Mar 15, 2022
Firstly, he is a marked man. As the most prominent Russian billionaire in the world, they have to take him down because they can't get anywhere near Putin because Putin is too powerful for them.

Secondly, if you invest money earned from corruption into the UK economy, you are giving the UK government an invitation to poke it's nose into your financial affairs. That's why Ibori, Diezani etc got into trouble with the British legal system.

WarriAproko:

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:07am On Mar 15, 2022
Ojemedad:
He is a business man, in 1995 Putin wasn't the president then.
The OP clearly stated that he was being protected by then President, Boris Yeltsin and remained a close ally to the Krelmlin when Putin came into power on 2000.
I also agree that this was business and particular persons in political office back in Russia, profited from the deal still.
What I dont understand is why BBC is making a fuss now as Abramovich has been a steady investor in the UK for over 17yrs. Chelsea FC being just one of his many UK successful investments.
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by 2016easy2017: 9:16am On Mar 15, 2022
Now this is what I say of the west.
They have this devilish tendency to force you do their bidding. And these same people some people want to trust
They are LIARS.the most corrupt people on earth are in the US and Europe.
When you keep your money there, they find all excuses to make sure the, ground that money into their economy.
This is why I don't believe ANYTHING they say. I don't and would NEVER blame Russia for seeking protection
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by tonididdy(m): 9:16am On Mar 15, 2022
Na xo
So the UK left it's shores to help Russia investigate russia

Fraudulent or not, that's Russia case to handle.
It's the glutton UK govt who accepted Abramovich money that was as white as snow then but now suddenly dirty money.

Misplaced priorities.
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by 2016easy2017: 9:19am On Mar 15, 2022
jcross19:
the UK criminals are trying to justified the forcefully taken of his assets!! The same UK that invaded Africa and looted all our natural resources, looted India, enslaved Africans, sold them to build their country.. If we should look at it very well British has no right to call someone corruption because they are the mother of all corruption...

For your information, Nigeria still pays over #800 trillion yearly to both the US and the UK for colonization fee
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by jcross19: 9:21am On Mar 15, 2022
2016easy2017:

For your information, Nigeria still pays over #800 trillion yearly to both the US and the UK for colonization fee
Jesus Christ!!!!!
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by 2016easy2017: 9:22am On Mar 15, 2022
Princetosinjonny:
please if anyone have any amount to help me buy something to eat I ll really appreciate I beg the hunger is unbelievable for me life of a student is tough and if you have job too I don't mind please I beg 06 82 70 35 06 Gtb

I don't pay online. For fear of scammers. Can you send me your WhatsApp line so we chatt there?
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by 2016easy2017: 9:28am On Mar 15, 2022
Truth is; the west are getting more support for Russia with all these their propaganda.
You can fool some people sometimes but you can't fool all people all times
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by osazsky(m): 9:51am On Mar 15, 2022
tollyboy5:
grin all i see are mere allegations. What does this has to do with chelsea?

Are they helping russia citizen to do the investigation or they just want cheap blackmail on chelsea owner
if u steal money and buy a car and a house...presecutors dont concentrated on the stolen cash alone..they drag the car and house to court.when northerners go get sense aboki
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by djseanjohn77: 9:52am On Mar 15, 2022
So, UK govt and BBC that abhors those stolen money and later sanction the owner only to keep possession of the wealth and assets nko? what are they doing too? I guess corruption is what the West calls it. Nigeria looted wealth are still in their possession till date. Chelsea that's stolen from Abramovich now, will they return the money to Russian people? NO. The UK are more thieves than all the people they accuse. Simple.

Someone bought a company at auction, whether he bribes his way to win it or not -it's part of lobbying that every businessman does to win contracts and auctions.

Atiku is still working high and will probably still contest for the government after evidence has it that he sold Nigeria assets at a cheaper price to himself through a 3rd party..........

No billionaire in the world became a billionaire without buying something fraudulently or smartly, that includes all billionaires all over the world, even UK and US (glorified theieves)
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by CSTRR: 9:53am On Mar 15, 2022
Bullshit.

So they didn't know about this all these years?
It just happened to miraculously surface now that the UK has sanctioned him.

Which billionaire is clean?
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by osazsky(m): 9:56am On Mar 15, 2022
WarriAproko:
just like tinubu and huspuppy one day uk and us will help us fight them..most of u dont know that Nigeria is like russia..its citizens are slaves...u cant complain..u will be sentenced..we have men who run the economy and invest in foreign lands while giving govt its percentage
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Bamzyriches451: 10:08am On Mar 15, 2022
Damn!
Their plans will fail, Abramovich is Gon come out of this strong
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by Blackman101: 10:53am On Mar 15, 2022
bullshit as always. Tell the Russian , Arabs and Africans to stop sending or investing in western Nation cos the will always loose their money/investment under one craze rule.
Re: Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals by heniford2: 10:54am On Mar 15, 2022
Every Rich man has a dirty deal he did to become successful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dr. Joseph Dituri Breaks Record For Time Spent Living Underwater / CNN/ORC Poll: Hillary Clinton Won The 2nd US Presidential Debate 57% To 34% / Venezuela Is Down To Its Last $10 Billion!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.