Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? (4286 Views)

Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. / Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? / Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by NNTR: 6:11am On Mar 23, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
I'm not answering to satisfy you, but if anyone among the sincere followers ask me i will oblige.
From MaxInDHouse.
MaxInDHouse and/or AkinwaleJJ
Did Jephthah at all sacrifice his daughter to God as a dead burnt offering?
Meaning, please say, Yes or No, then followed with stating clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, whether Jephthah, at all sacrificed, his daughter to God as a dead burnt offering

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 7:19am On Mar 23, 2022
NNTR:
Meaning, please say, Yes or No, then followed with stating clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, whether Jephthah, at all sacrificed, his daughter to God as a dead burnt offering

Do you still remember that i am one of Jehovah's Witnesses?
Do you know that whatever you here from the members of this organization comes as what we are able to grasp from the teachings of our Governing Body?

I've had several chats with you and from what i perceive from your comments it's clear that you don't believe in a central unit for teaching.
So are you willing to learn from what i got from our Governing Body or you just want to hear another opinion?
Note that whatever i say is not my own opinion but what you will hear from all members of my organization globally! John 17:20-23
From MaxInDHouse. smiley
Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 23, 2022
[quote author=NNTR post=111280492]

Job 30:1
But now I am mocked by people younger than I, by young men whose fathers are not worthy to run with my sheepdogs.

For your info, Israelites do keep dogs. As a matter of fact, that Job 30:1, you see up there, is about a sheep dog, while, Matthew 15:26-27 is about a pet dog

Job was not an Israelite.

I'm bowing out of this thread. Blessings.
Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by PastorAIO: 10:35am On Mar 23, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Wrong. False old prophet.

"For I desire mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings" (Hosea 6:6).

Since he doesn’t like sacrifice and burnt offering then why does he ask for it from Moses?

If the smell of burning carcass is a sweet aroma to him and he asks for it from Moses then why the contradictions? Which is the lie, which is the liar?
Moses or Hosea?
Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by PastorAIO: 10:41am On Mar 23, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Who is able keep the 10 commandments, if any? undecided

Hands up. I fell for it. That old ‘change the subject’ trick. You got me.

Abeg why did your god give direct statutes to the Hebrews to sacrifice their children?
Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by NNTR: 10:52am On Mar 23, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
Do you still remember that i am one of Jehovah's Witnesses?
Any other that you being a one of Jehovah's Witnesses doesnt bother me a bit

AkinwaleJJ:
Do you know that whatever you here from the members of this organization comes as what we are able to grasp from the teachings of our Governing Body?
Yes, I know whatever I hear from the members of the Jehovah's Witnesses organization comes as what the members are able to grasp from the teachings of their Governing Body

AkinwaleJJ:
I've had several chats with you and from what i perceive from your comments it's clear that you don't believe in a central unit for teaching.
You have a misguided perception in that estimation

AkinwaleJJ:
So are you willing to learn from what i got from our Governing Body
I am willing to learn from what you got from your Governing Body

AkinwaleJJ:
or you just want to hear another opinion?
If you have an opinion aside what you got from your Governing Body, please feel free to share it, if you want to

AkinwaleJJ:
Note that whatever i say is not my own opinion but what you will hear from all members of my organization globally! John 17:20-23
From MaxInDHouse. smiley
So far you begin with Yes or No, then, state clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, whether Jephthah, at all sacrificed, his daughter to God as a dead burnt offering, is fine and OK by me.
I am not asking for much at all but for just the simple entreat, to tell, if Jephthah at all sacrificed his daughter to God as a dead burnt offering

Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by NNTR: 10:54am On Mar 23, 2022
PastorMIsBack:
I know that Job was not an Israelite and more the reason why I shored up Job 30:1 with Matthew 15:26-28

PastorMIsBack:
You're more than welcome to bow back to the thread, at anytime pleases you. Blessings

Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 11:52am On Mar 23, 2022
NNTR:
Any other that you being a one of Jehovah's Witnesses doesnt bother me a bit
Yes, I know whatever I hear from the members of the Jehovah's Witnesses organization comes as what the members are able to grasp from the teachings of their Governing Body
You have a misguided perception in that estimation I am willing to learn from what you got from your Governing Body If you have an opinion aside what you got from your Governing Body, please feel free to share it, if you want to So far you begin with Yes or No, then, state clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, whether Jephthah, at all sacrificed, his daughter to God as a dead burnt offering, is fine and OK by me.
I am not asking for much at all but for just the simple entreat, to tell, if Jephthah at all sacrificed his daughter to God as a dead burnt offering

In that case i will oblige!

NNTR:

The direct answer to the question is "NO"
But the only reason why the offering is called BURNT OFFERING is because Jephthah's daughter can longer live a normal life because she's been given as a whole burnt offering to JEHOVAH.
Jesus Christ said a Christian can also do the same today if he/she is able by forgoing a normal life and giving himself/herself to the ministry completely:

The disciples said to him: “If that is the situation of a man with his wife, it is not advisable to marry.” He said to them: “Not all men make room for the saying, but only those who have the gift. For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs on account of the Kingdom of the heavens. Let the one who can make room for it make room for it.” Matthew 19:11-12

So according to Jesus Christ a single Christian or a Christian couple may decide to give themselves as a whole BURNT OFFERINGS to JEHOVAH by either never getting married or never having children in order to concentrate fully on the ministry!

From MaxInDHouse.
Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by NNTR: 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
In that case i will oblige!

The direct answer to the question is "NO"
But the only reason why the offering is called BURNT OFFERING is because Jephthah's daughter can longer live a normal life because she's been given as a whole burnt offering to JEHOVAH.
Jesus Christ said a Christian can also do the same today if he/she is able by forgoing a normal life and giving himself/herself to the ministry completely:

The disciples said to him: “If that is the situation of a man with his wife, it is not advisable to marry.” He said to them: “Not all men make room for the saying, but only those who have the gift. For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs on account of the Kingdom of the heavens. Let the one who can make room for it make room for it.” Matthew 19:11-12

So according to Jesus Christ a single Christian or a Christian couple may decide to give themselves as a whole BURNT OFFERINGS to JEHOVAH by either never getting married or never having children in order to concentrate fully on the ministry!

From MaxInDHouse.
Thank you very much for your kindness and sharing
We all are singing from the same hymn book, though what you call and see as burnt sacrifice, we see as and call it, a living sacrifice offering, indicating a selfless lifetime dedication and devotion to God's work

Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2022
PastorAIO:

Hands up. I fell for it. That old ‘change the subject’ trick. You got me.

Abeg why did your god give direct statutes to the Hebrews to sacrifice their children?

If you are wise you would be able to discern between "Go" and "go!" cool
Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2022
NNTR:

Thank you very much for your kindness and sharing
We all are singing from the same hymn book, though what you call and see as burnt sacrifice, we see as and call it, a living sacrifice offering, indicating a selfless lifetime dedication and devotion to God's work!

The highlighted is the same way we call it now, i only drew a similarity between what Israelites were offering their God as BURNT OFFERINGS and LIVING SACRIFICE OFFERING today.

The purpose of such in Christianity is to lessen our burden while traveling on the road to life. Matthew 11:28-30
Only people who don't think about material possessions to keep up with husbands, wives or children will find it easier to concentrate more on the task given to us as Christians. Matthew 6:24-34

That's why most of the members of our Governing Body are childless, since they don't have any child they don't think of accumulating material possessions to pass on to their own children!

From MaxInDHouse.
Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:31pm On Mar 23, 2022
PastorAIO:

Since he doesn’t like sacrifice and burnt offering then why does he ask for it from Moses?

If the smell of burning carcass is a sweet aroma to him and he asks for it from Moses then why the contradictions? Which is the lie, which is the liar?
Moses or Hosea?

"And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams." (1 Samuel 15:22).

It's either you keep the 10 commandments or you perform an acceptable sacrifice. Animal sacrifice was temporarily accepted until the perfect God sacrifice was offered on the Cross. Jesus has performed that perfect sacrifice, obey Him now to live.

1 Like

Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:38pm On Mar 23, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:

All Israelites can offer sacrifices to their God but only the priests can go near the altar to PERFORM the sacrifice! 2Chronicles 26:18
From MaxInDHouse

So you had to wait until you chop ban before you started to sing as a parrot by proxy. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 1:05pm On Mar 23, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

So you had to wait until you chop ban before you started to sing as a parrot by proxy. cheesy

This is why i often watch you guys do your stuff because in most cases you don't appreciate knowledge especially when it's coming from the group you hate with passion!

From MaxInDHouse.

Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:08pm On Mar 23, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:

This is why i often watch you guys do your stuff because in most cases you don't appreciate knowledge especially when it's coming from the group you hate with passion!

From MaxInDHouse.

You're now singing like a Canary bird. When are you coming out of jail ban? tongue

1 Like

Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 1:24pm On Mar 23, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

You're now singing like a Canary bird. When are you coming out of jail ban? tongue
Kumuyi pikin!

Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by PastorAIO: 2:28pm On Mar 23, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

If you are wise you would be able to discern between "Go" and "go!" cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q9iCZkzTUk
Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:16pm On Mar 23, 2022
Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Even though Job wasn't an Israelite the person who wrote the book of Job is and for him to use dogs as a narrative shows that he was familiar with the culture of using sheepdogs to herd their flock.

PastorMIsBack:

Thanks for passing by, your contribution is much appreciated. smiley

1 Like

Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by johnw47: 11:16pm On Mar 23, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

it's against forum rules to post using another account while on a ban,
but what would a follower of the devil/false jw care about breaking rules

19. Don't use alternate accounts to access Nairaland after being banned. If you do, make sure we don't find out.

1 Like

Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52pm On Mar 23, 2022
johnw47:

it's against forum rules to post using another account while on a ban,
but what would a follower of the devil/false jw care about breaking rules

19. Don't use alternate accounts to access Nairaland after being banned. If you do, make sure we don't find out.

He may use the get out clause of posting by proxy through another who is possibly his wify but you can never put it past him. undecided

1 Like

Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by johnw47: 2:31am On Mar 24, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

He may use the get out clause of posting by proxy through another who is possibly his wify but you can never put it past him. undecided

false jw mad max was using his wife's account as an alternate to his account while it was banned,
however he still posted just as ridiculously, there was just no sewer mouth for a little time

2 Likes

Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by Cordenify(m): 4:35am On Mar 24, 2022
House of Joy: Ministry and the Fear of Man https://miheanyi..com/2022/03/ministry-and-fear-of-man.html
Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by NNTR: 7:56am On Mar 24, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
The highlighted is the same way we call it now, i only drew a similarity between what Israelites were offering their God as BURNT OFFERINGS and LIVING SACRIFICE OFFERING today.
Romans 12:1
'Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy,
to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God
—this is your true and proper worship
.'

The Israelites' burnt offerings to God was a foreshadow of the exemplary behaviour of our Lord and Saviour Jesus, who gave an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

AkinwaleJJ:
The purpose of such in Christianity is to lessen our burden while traveling on the road to life. Matthew 11:28-30
Only people who don't think about material possessions to keep up with husbands, wives or children will find it easier to concentrate more on the task given to us as Christians. Matthew 6:24-34

That's why most of the members of our Governing Body are childless, since they don't have any child they don't think of accumulating material possessions to pass on to their own children!

From MaxInDHouse.
Proverbs 13:22
'A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children,
And the wealth of the sinner is stored up for [the hands of] the righteous.
'

Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:15am On Mar 24, 2022
NNTR:

Romans 12:1
'Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy,
to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God
—this is your true and proper worship
.'
The Israelites' burnt offerings to God was a foreshadow of the exemplary behaviour of our Lord and Saviour Jesus, who gave an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
Only BORN AGAIN brothers of Christ were told to do this since they are going to join him in heaven and never coming back to have anything to do with life in the flesh.
So they don't need children since their eternity will be in heaven with Christ.
NNTR:

Proverbs 13:22
'A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children,
And the wealth of the sinner is stored up for [the hands of] the righteous.
'

For wisdom is a protection just as money is a protection, but the advantage of knowledge is this: Wisdom preserves the life of its owner! Ecclesiastes 7:12

This means everlasting life, their coming to KNOW you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ! John 17:3

So knowledge is the greatest inheritance one can pass on to his children!

Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by NNTR: 9:14am On Mar 24, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Only BORN AGAIN brothers of Christ were told to do this since they are going to join him in heaven and never coming back to have anything to do with life in the flesh.
Isaiah 65:17
'See, I will create new heavens and a new earth.
The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.
'

Revelation 21:1
'1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth,
for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared.
And the sea was also gone.
2And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven
like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
'

Heaven, is where we going to spend the destination honeymoon. We all are returning back to earth after the honeymoon, to a new earth suitably for a newly weds, of course

MaxInDHouse:

For wisdom is a protection just as money is a protection, but the advantage of knowledge is this: Wisdom preserves the life of its owner! Ecclesiastes 7:12

This means everlasting life, their coming to KNOW you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ! John 17:3

Nothing you've typed here takes away the fact, that, in whatever shape, form or substance, a good man, leaves an inheritance to his children’s children.

Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:52am On Mar 24, 2022
NNTR:
Isaiah 65:17
'See, I will create new heavens and a new earth.
The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.
'

Revelation 21:1
'1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth,
for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared.
And the sea was also gone.
2And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven
like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
'

Heaven, is where we going to spend the destination honeymoon. We all are returning back to earth after the honeymoon, to a new earth suitably for a newly weds, of course.
Can you just quote a verse that says those going to heaven will still come back to live on the earth?
Jesus categorically says that few of his disciples will inherit heaven {Matthew 5:3} while the rest will inherit the earth! Matthew 5:5
NNTR:

Nothing you've typed here takes away the fact, that, in whatever shape, form or substance, a good man, leaves an inheritance to his children’s children.
It's OK, knowledge is what matters to us not material possessions! Luke 18:18-23 smiley
Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:56pm On Mar 24, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
Did Jephthah sacrifice his daughter to the Lord?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Q0_ca4nXE
Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

See how a cult would so brainwash a people to believe that they would not go to heaven and they swallowed it hook line and sinker. undecided

1 Like

Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:46pm On Mar 25, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

See how a cult would so brainwash a people to believe that they would not go to heaven and the swallowed it hook line and sinker. undecided
What is happening in heaven? cheesy
Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

What is happening in heaven? cheesy

Do you want to find out? cheesy
Re: Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? by johnw47: 1:27am On Mar 26, 2022
Jesus talking about frauds:

matt 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

who is it that have made many false prophesy's
who is it that mostly appear in sheep's clothing/meek

who is it that inwardly are ravening wolves

Jesus next said:

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits:

who is it when given truth, expose their fruits/their inward self/their true colors,
showing that they are sewer mouthed rejectors of truth, etc. etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Questions For Winner01 About His Crusade Against Atheism / All Atheist Must Read This / 666 Officially Launched Today Under Covid-19 - Check Yahoo News!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.