Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) (40654 Views)

Corper Proposes To Female Soldier In Kwara NYSC Camp (Video) / Ogun NYSC Camp Is Like 5-star Hotel –NYSC Governing Council / Corper Proposes To Female Soldier At Ebonyi NYSC Camp (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by Enemyofpeace: 3:46pm On Mar 15, 2022
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by Eriokanmi: 3:47pm On Mar 15, 2022
post=111048917:
A Serving corps member has warmed the hearts of many after going on his knees to propose to his fellow corper at the Ogun state campground.

In a Video making the rounds on the Internet, the female corps member looked so happy as she accepted his proposal and wore his engagement ring.

See Photo & Video As Obtained By Below:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbGEERJA_bU/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading
Which kain confused grammar be this...his...his..his
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by TONYE001(m): 4:00pm On Mar 15, 2022
Vultron101:
"if you can feed and house yourself, you should get married!"?
I no sure say, your head correct. Did you think marriage is all about feeding and living in a little house? Marriage is more than food and a little house you id*ot

I assure you, if you can feed yourself and you find a reasonable spouse and you both are serious-minded, you can manage a family.

I've been married for 8 years, sir. My wife and I were corps members when we got married. We were university classmates as a matter of fact.

Our kids are attending a decent school and they are well taken care of.

My wife and I grew together because we were serious with our lives. Also because God was with us.

I only wrote what I did. No special skill required. Just a working head and a willing heart.

2 Likes

Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 15, 2022
TONYE001:
In my opinion, if you find a spouse you are comfortable with, if you can feed and house yourself, you should get married!

There is no point waiting until you are a billionaire or something. Only thing is you and your spouse should be able to be disciplined and use contraception appropriately. You and your spouse, if you are hardworking enough, should be able to cater for a child while you develop yourselves.

spot on...

1 Like

Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by TONYE001(m): 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2022
samuelson06:

Stop encouraging and institutionalizing poverty.

Actually, I'm not.

In fact, I may be doing the opposite.

It's better to be settled and responsible with a spouse such that you both would combine your resources together for a better outcome. If we practice contraception and control the number of kids we have, we'd be fine. This option is better than being in the street and pursuing an irresponsible life...possibly having children from different mothers (more burden).

Imagine I'm paid 30,000 a month. From this amount, I'd pay for accommodation, feeding, health and other expenses. If my spouse brings in a similar sum, these expenses would be shared (like roommates). Beyond cash, we'd put our other resources together and help ourselves grow. For example, we can start a better business together (better resources, etc).

It all boils down to two things - discipline as in number of children and all...and determination.
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by BigBashiru: 4:08pm On Mar 15, 2022
drololaaof:
When has proposing to a lady turn to begging and kneeling down ? You have turn the world upside down .

They are begging and kneeling down to a lady who is coming to chop their money and nag at them....
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by Wuminity(f): 4:09pm On Mar 15, 2022
MAGG0T:
shocked

In all places Ogun State the capital of skull mining.

I don't see them last long in this union.

This I have seen

Bad belle like you. shocked

iCauseTrouble:
Camp love no dey last. She go see another guy for her PPA

I swear.

Moeman:
Beautiful....btw how do people meet in camp, fall in love and get engaged in just 3 weeks

It is called miracle. grin
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by Atticusxsz(m): 4:34pm On Mar 15, 2022
This one wey carry good news grace front page, abi my eyes don dey hear and ears don dey see?
There's something amiss o, we never hear am finish. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by Prettychild(f): 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobicove:
I really do not see the point of these public proposals especially when they are done by people who have not yet found their financial footing undecided
How do you know they or he has not found financial footing? My dear, no be everybody wey come service dey broke. Some are very financially balanced but only came for the certificate
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by NaijaCover(m): 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2022
Atticusxsz:
This one wey carry good news grace front page, abi my eyes don dey hear and ears don dey see?
There's something amiss o, we never hear am finish. embarassed

Make Laugh First
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by NaijaCover(m): 5:34pm On Mar 15, 2022
Princetosinjonny:
please if anyone have any amount to help me buy something
to eat I ll really appreciate I beg the hunger is unbelievable
for me life of a student is tough and if you have job too I
don't mind please I beg 06 82 70 35 06 Gtb

Where Did You base?
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by Brunicekid(m): 5:57pm On Mar 15, 2022
Is it that they just met in camp, and within three weeks, "marriage gbam"??
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by MIGHTY01: 5:57pm On Mar 15, 2022
Just meet 21 days...

Love nwantiti
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by NaijaCover(m): 6:11pm On Mar 15, 2022
Princetosinjonny:

Sango Ota Ogun state sir

Do You Know
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by maxlev1: 6:15pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobicove:
I really do not see the point of these public proposals especially when they are done by people who have not yet found their financial footing undecided
There is a good point for this particular proposal because it fetches them some money to start up business according to NYSC rules, they will be given atleast 500k
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by medowmight(m): 7:09pm On Mar 15, 2022
Ogun State with everything..... I come in peace
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by samuelson06(m): 7:46pm On Mar 15, 2022
TONYE001:

Actually, I'm not.

In fact, I may be doing the opposite.

It's better to be settled and responsible with a spouse such that you both would combine your resources together for a better outcome. If we practice contraception and control the number of kids we have, we'd be fine. This option is better than being in the street and pursuing an irresponsible life...possibly having children from different mothers (more burden).

Imagine I'm paid 30,000 a month. From this amount, I'd pay for accommodation, feeding, health and other expenses. If my spouse brings in a similar sum, these expenses would be shared (like roommates). Beyond cash, we'd put our other resources together and help ourselves grow. For example, we can start a better business together (better resources, etc).

It all boils down to two things - discipline as in number of children and all...and determination.

It's easy to say these things but very hard to implement them.

My opinion is that if you are not well-to-do, don't go for marriage, except you and your spouse have a very clear direction to defeating poverty. Here, I'm talking about a direction that can shoot you both to averaging between 600-800k or even 1M NGN monthly within a year or at most two after marriage. From there, you can save at least 500-700k NGN and use the remaining for monthly upkeep.

I hate poverty with passion because I've been there and I know how it feels and taste. Poverty feels painful and taste so bitter. Hence, I don't support the idea of someone below 150k NGN a month thinking about marriage.

Once pregnancy or a child comes in, which most times, is because of pressure from the woman (even after agreeing with the man to delay pregnancy), the quality of life in the house just dropped automatically by 50% because taking care of a baby or pregnancy isn't easy.

As you struggle through parenting, you may eventually fail in it because the essentials that the child needs to grow into a healthy and responsible adult wouldn't be there.

Such essentials include a good school with all learning materials purchased for the child as the school recommends. The child must also have their room with a flat-screen TV hung on the wall for YouTube learning, a whiteboard, and reading table and then a generator in the house to give everyone light and for the child to learn. By the way, you may also want to consider a small space with equipment for exercise.

The child also needs your time to help them learn. They also need to play with you. So, what time do you have again to hustle? Note that you shouldn't be struggling in any way before getting married.

Right now, life in Nigeria is very tough. You pay so much for rent, feeding, transportation, education, etc. And you must factor in all these things while planning to raise a family.

Look, it's better to start late than starting early and much later, you realize that you've failed in raising a family.

I'm in my middle thirties and I'm not planning for marriage. Maybe it'd have to wait until I get to 40. I've suffered while growing up. I don't want to suffer again and also suffer for my children. I'm not struggling for finances but I feel I need to put some things in place before beginning to raise a family.

I want to continue enjoying my life even with my children. I also want my children to come in and enjoy their lives too. Every of my child must have their room with a big flat screen on the wall for YouTube learning. They'd graduate from Nigeria university but better than Oxford University graduates. It's already a promise for them.

My plan is to raise children that would start making money before the age of 10. They must be highly entrepreneurial leveraging on the opportunities available online.

In conclusion, it's fine to legalize fornication, but the two must be ready in all ramifications before they start having children else they'd one day realized they've failed as parents.

It's even better to remain single and continue enjoying a quality life than failing as a parent. You'd lose so much yet you can't reap the fruit of having children.

1 Like

Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by anoziechi(f): 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2022
This one want chop 500k....make I hear say govt give you 500k���
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by Lordedifice1: 8:09pm On Mar 15, 2022
Congratulations for what?
I mean we have so much embraced nonsense too much.
Proposing to a girl is not part of the Nigerian culture we have embraced too much western whiteman culture in Africa.
So NYSC camp has turned into where you can propose to people.
This is sick
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by StUriah(m): 8:24pm On Mar 15, 2022
Smart way to secure a bleeping contract for a year.
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by Longman8: 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2022
LOVE NA UR MATE
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by TONYE001(m): 8:42pm On Mar 15, 2022
samuelson06:

It's easy to say these things but very hard to implement them.

My opinion is that if you are not well-to-do, don't go for marriage, except you and your spouse have a very clear direction to defeating poverty. Here, I'm talking about a direction that can shoot you both to averaging between 600-800k or even 1M NGN monthly within a year or at most two after marriage. From there, you can save at least 500-700k NGN and use the remaining for monthly upkeep.

I hate poverty with passion because I've been there and I know how it feels and taste. Poverty feels painful and taste so bitter. Hence, I don't support the idea of someone below 150k NGN a month thinking about marriage.

Once pregnancy or a child comes in, which most times, is because of pressure from the woman (even after agreeing with the man to delay pregnancy), the quality of life in the house just dropped automatically by 50% because taking care of a baby or pregnancy isn't easy.

As you struggle through parenting, you may eventually fail in it because the essentials that the child needs to grow into a healthy and responsible adult wouldn't be there.

Such essentials include a good school with all learning materials purchased for the child as the school recommends. The child must also have their room with a flat-screen TV hung on the wall for YouTube learning, a whiteboard, and reading table and then a generator in the house to give everyone light and for the child to learn. By the way, you may also want to consider a small space with equipment for exercise.

The child also needs your time to help them learn. They also need to play with you. So, what time do you have again to hustle? Note that you shouldn't be struggling in any way before getting married.

Right now, life in Nigeria is very tough. You pay so much for rent, feeding, transportation, education, etc. And you must factor in all these things while planning to raise a family.

Look, it's better to start late than starting early and much later, you realize that you've failed in raising a family.

I'm in my middle thirties and I'm not planning for marriage. Maybe it'd have to wait until I get to 40. I've suffered while growing up. I don't want to suffer again and also suffer for my children. I'm not struggling for finances but I feel I need to put some things in place before beginning to raise a family.

I want to continue enjoying my life even with my children. I also want my children to come in and enjoy their lives too. Every of my child must have their room with a big flat screen on the wall for YouTube learning. They'd graduate from Nigeria university but better than Oxford University graduates. It's already a promise for them.

My plan is to raise children that would start making money before the age of 10. They must be highly entrepreneurial leveraging on the opportunities available online.

In conclusion, it's fine to legalize fornication, but the two must be ready in all ramifications before they start having children else they'd one day realized they've failed as parents.

It's even better to remain single and continue enjoying a quality life than failing as a parent. You'd lose so much yet you can't reap the fruit of having children.

It appears what you wrote and my earlier submission aren't exactly far apart. The only difference is our definitions of certain things. For example, poverty.

You see, wealth is hardly satisfactory. What percentage of the Nigerian population can gather all these things you said in a lifetime? Heck, even populations in the West don't get it all. See?

Someone may decide to chase all these and end up not getting married...or getting married quite late (when he would have realized that he was chasing a near-impossible task).

BUT, if one marries and joins resources with his spouse, the chances of getting a good number of the things you listed would climb significantly!

These things are easy to say, more difficult to do, true. But this doesn't make it impossible. Essentially, this is what my wife and I did and honesty, we're happy with our lives! There'd always be something to chase. Get all these and you'd want a swimming pool for the kids. Get one and you'd want a basketball court for the family. Get this and you'd want a large car. It goes on and on and on. Guess what doesn't taste good? Training your kids with funds you should use to enjoy your middle and later years! Yeah, funds you would have used to tour the world (I love travelling), funds you would have used to do personal projects, etc.

Honesty, I don't think it's right to tag any marital path one chooses as wrong. Just do what you believe would make you happy and fulfilled. Only that you should ensure you understand the implications of the decisions you make.
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by samuelson06(m): 11:58pm On Mar 15, 2022
TONYE001:

It appears what you wrote and my earlier submission aren't exactly far apart. The only difference is our definitions of certain things. For example, poverty.

You see, wealth is hardly satisfactory. What percentage of the Nigerian population can gather all these things you said in a lifetime? Heck, even populations in the West don't get it all. See?

I agree that wealth is hardly satisfactory but you can always know if you are on track to completely defeating poverty and not just surviving. Majority of Nigerians are only surviving and not living.

The western world have a functional government so they don't necessarily need to plan and plan before raising a family. But here in Nigeria, you know the story and as such you've to plan your life accordingly and leave nothing to chance. That's why broke people there hardly feels the impact because they still get tangible support from the government.

Someone may decide to chase all these and end up not getting married...or getting married quite late (when he would have realized that he was chasing a near-impossible task).

It's better you remain single than get into a marriage you'd reap nothing from it. I've seen uncountable broken homes that the parents gain absolutely nothing from the children. I've seen many homes that the parents are still feeding their children in their thirties.

What kind of thing is that?

This is one of the major reasons why Nigeria is so fractured. This is why we have so many criminals and ritualists.

Remember, the idea at one time was, "let's just get married and things would fall in place." However, after many years, not even a thing has fallen in that so-called place. After many years, the man and woman have given up. Everyone is now on their own. Everyone is now desperate to make it. Everyone is now struggling and contributing little to nothing to the society.

BUT, if one marries and joins resources with his spouse, the chances of getting a good number of the things you listed would climb significantly!

These things are easy to say, more difficult to do, true. But this doesn't make it impossible.

Essentially, this is what my wife and I did and honestly, we're happy with our lives! There'd always be something to chase. Get all these and you'd want a swimming pool for the kids. Get one and you'd want a basketball court for the family. Get this and you'd want a large car. It goes on and on and on. Guess what doesn't taste good? Training your kids with funds you should use to enjoy your middle and later years! Yeah, funds you would have used to tour the world (I love travelling), funds you would have used to do personal projects, etc.

Honesty, I don't think it's right to tag any marital path one chooses as wrong. Just do what you believe would make you happy and fulfilled. Only that you should ensure you understand the implications of the decisions you make.

@bolded is just it.

I understand that man's needs are endless but there are basic needs that you must put in place to make sure you don't end up struggling and micromanaging everything.

I understand that people have their definitions when it comes to the quality of life they want to live but one thing stands out: if you can't raise your children to become successful, then you've failed woefully and it would've been better if you remained single.

I usually tell people that if delaying marriage is the price I'd have to pay so my children don't experience what I passed through while growing up, then I'm ready to do it. However, I'm still in search of that independent woman that can help me work to raise a wonderful family because it appears to be that most girls are highly dependent and have nothing to offer except sex and their problems.
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by Munzy14(m): 5:38am On Mar 16, 2022
TONYE001:
In my opinion, if you find a spouse you are comfortable with, if you can feed and house yourself, you should get married!

There is no point waiting until you are a billionaire or something. Only thing is you and your spouse should be able to be disciplined and use contraception appropriately. You and your spouse, if you are hardworking enough, should be able to cater for a child while you develop yourselves.

Well said...Like a Dad.

1 Like

Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by Munzy14(m): 5:42am On Mar 16, 2022
Moeman:
Beautiful....btw how do people meet in camp, fall in love and get engaged in just 3 weeks
E go shock you na.....They are serving already sha...I don't think it was orientation.

If they are serving, it is enough time to know eachother without distractions...Especially If they share same PPA...After all they are graduates.

Many couples nowadays met during NYSC...

And it is rare to serve without dating...Unless you have a serious relationship before then..Even people with serious one, Still use the avenue to taste other soup.. grin crazy case.
Re: Corper Proposes To His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) by Munzy14(m): 5:44am On Mar 16, 2022
Kobicove:
Some guys have established investments before going for NYSC...

I know a friend who have employees working for him before service self...

Same also to some ladies..They have business going well befoe serving.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kebbi Corper Slumps & Dies While Watching Football At Orientation Camp / Re: Corper Attacks Another Corper With Weapon In Ondo – See True Story / Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.