Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,974 members, 7,852,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:25 PM

Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts (47916 Views)

How Old Is Your Sim Card? / How To Activate Glo Sim That Is Deactivated / I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by supereagle(m): 11:44am On Mar 16, 2022
Rubyjade:
Share the video here

Does this platform allow sharing of video?

This is the boy that carried it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epnfGtyUN3I

2 Likes

Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by completeskills: 11:46am On Mar 16, 2022
Now... Would be scammers just have access to another scamming method thanks to this information.

1 Like

Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Ceejaytech: 11:50am On Mar 16, 2022
This should be something to learn for those charging their phones outside for 50 naira or so, there should take note.

1 Like

Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by gogglecomputer: 11:59am On Mar 16, 2022
[color=#990000][/color] cool coolhmmm this is more than capital offense
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Rubyjade: 12:01pm On Mar 16, 2022
True[author=Ceejaytech post=111084970]This should be something to learn for those charging their phones outside for 50 naira or so, there should take note. [/quote]
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by EmmaLege: 12:02pm On Mar 16, 2022
Things dry happen o
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by solasolomon(m): 12:13pm On Mar 16, 2022
This is serious!
What of passwording your SIM?
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Silentmoni(m): 12:13pm On Mar 16, 2022
DuchessAmanda:

Yeah I remember, but did you use a SIM Lock before that incident?
of course I did
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by bamitinn(m): 12:18pm On Mar 16, 2022
It happens to my father on February 5 2022. Swears.
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by LeoFish92(m): 12:20pm On Mar 16, 2022
Silentmoni:
A week ago when I posted "how my access bank account was wiped" when I lost my phone some I too know people attacked me, saying I concorted the story....
When I got to the bank to find out how they were able to do that, I was told my pin was changed using my date of birth...the days are evil and criminals advancing in their evil techniques.

Which pin? The sim lock or transfer pin?
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by LeoFish92(m): 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2022
worldclass68:

Exactly....I use Samsung and also have sim puk lock on my sim.

People should atleast put sim puk lock on their sim card. ( although only when u still have the som pack)

Not necessarily. I lost my SIM pack ages ago. I still recently put a sim lock. You'll need your pack when you forget your sim lock. So better use 4 digits you can always remember.

1 Like

Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by rolams(m): 12:50pm On Mar 16, 2022
DuchessAmanda:

What about Zenith bank?

Someone said it's not secured but I don't have an account with them.
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Silentmoni(m): 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2022
LeoFish92:

Which pin? The sim lock or transfer pin?
my ussd transfer pin....
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by INCREDIBLE007(m): 1:29pm On Mar 16, 2022
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by YoungDaNaval(m): 1:42pm On Mar 16, 2022
[quote author=ItsGoodToBeGood post=111064902][/quote] Too many online Elon musk grin
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by ubmech: 1:48pm On Mar 16, 2022
Someone like me, I have deactivated bank from my sim, every thing goes through mail and app, even otp, I wan hear say dem shoot bird mama fly
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by MartinsD12(m): 2:01pm On Mar 16, 2022
rolams:
If you are using UBA, GTB, ECOBANK and STANBIC IBTC no body can get your bank details through this!

First bank is not secured with this code. They may have access to your account oooo.

The *425*100# is for recharge. I just confirmed it on my phone now.

See the picture below.
I think the code is for recharging airtime
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by homebase(m): 2:03pm On Mar 16, 2022
This is really serious
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by gaftsoil(m): 2:08pm On Mar 16, 2022
With ur alert sim and ur acct number, i can us paystack or flutterwave or any gateway to pull ur money
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by MartinsD12(m): 2:10pm On Mar 16, 2022
Oyindamolah:
Pleaseeeee!!! Keep your SIM that receive your alert. Read this.PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR PHONES. SEE BELOW AND SHARE...

https://jimidisu.com/confession-of-a-suspect-i-do-what-we-call-wire-wire-wire-wire-is-also-called-sim-transaction-so-sim-transaction-is-local-wire/
Our Nigerian bank are culprits imagine I just dail *425*100# it went straight to my zenith, fidelity and access bank airtime , the code is a universal code for recharging airtime across some banks

Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by MartinsD12(m): 2:17pm On Mar 16, 2022
Oyindamolah:
Pleaseeeee!!! Keep your SIM that receive your alert. Read this.PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR PHONES. SEE BELOW AND SHARE...

https://jimidisu.com/confession-of-a-suspect-i-do-what-we-call-wire-wire-wire-wire-is-also-called-sim-transaction-so-sim-transaction-is-local-wire/
Be careful with your alert sim ooo especially fidelity bank access zenith these bank are culprits in Yahoo Yahoo

1 Like

Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Khaysee: 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2022
My phone was stolen they wipe money from all my bank apart from my wema bank that has special saving that wont reflect except through app

Pls use sim pin its the only solution

Affordable men clothing clothing payment on delivery within lagos and nationwide delivery daily
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by rolams(m): 2:44pm On Mar 16, 2022
MartinsD12:

I think the code is for recharging airtime

Yes
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by MartinsD12(m): 2:53pm On Mar 16, 2022
rolams:

Yes
It's wrong I have petition them
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by rolams(m): 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2022
supereagle:

Does this platform allow sharing of video?

This is the boy that carried it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epnfGtyUN3I

Wahala dey ooooo!
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by rolams(m): 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2022
MartinsD12:

It's wrong I have petition them

Ok
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by rolams(m): 3:02pm On Mar 16, 2022
Rubyjade:
Dial *425* ONLY

ECOBANK, UBA, GTB AND STANBIC IBTC are secured. These are my banks and the code doesn't work on them.

2 Likes

Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by swissmartins(m): 3:04pm On Mar 16, 2022
My friends the best way is to put ur phone in buk code small fone is good at this just put it on 10 seconds backlight off and lock automatically once it's like this no need once they collect ur fone or ur fone get lost mistakenly don't panic because the are really gonna need the buk code to open the danm sim once they can't access there way to the sim they can't access there way to ur account is as simple as A B C D ..........(SIM PIN)

1 Like

Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 16, 2022
24SEVEN:

Use samsung or Apple smartphones and they cant hack it.

also use sim lock.

i have good millions in my accounts. imagine losing my phone. lipsrsealed

The interviewer is also a novice. I would have asked if i had my sim pin enabled, would he still be able to carry out those transactions?
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by bukxy: 3:38pm On Mar 16, 2022
following
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by semanose: 3:41pm On Mar 16, 2022
jeff1607:

Samsung is the easiest to hack or backpass using Grp and all details will still be left in it. iPhones are better or if u can get a blackberry

Why Blackberry please
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Oyindamolah: 3:54pm On Mar 16, 2022
wink
Olayemmy557:
Thank you for the information. May God continue to bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services / How Do I Stop Mtn From Deducting My Airtime during browsing ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.