Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,925 members, 7,810,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia (3712 Views)

Fayose Presents Car Gifts To Teachers In Appreciation For Their Hard Works / Okorocha Lavishes Imo Magistrates With Car Gifts (Photos) / I Renew My Pledge To Crush Boko Haram - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by Rhea(f): 9:08pm On Jun 30, 2011
[size=14pt]This is coming from a government that claims it cannot pay the N18000 minimum wage to workers. Abia mmamma nu!! grin
[/size]

I’ll redeem my pledge of car gifts to traditional rulers – Orji
On June 30, 2011 · In News

Umuahia – Gov. Theodore Orji of Abia has assured traditional rulers in the state that his administration will fulfill its campaign promise of car gift to them.

Orji gave the assurance when executives of Ngwa Royal Fathers Supreme Councils paid him a courtesy call, yesterday, in Umuahia.

According to the governor, Abia has more than 700 gazetted traditional rulers.

“I will keep to the promise I made to you during the campaigns.

“The promise is on course because the traditional institution must be respected and given a pride of place in this administration,” he said.

He said that the government had donated three air conditioned buses to the council and commended the traditional rulers for their steadfastness and support.

The governor appealed to members of the supreme council to propagate his administration to their members who had been fighting the state government for selfish interest.

The governor reiterated his commitment to hand over power to Abia South in 2015, as power rotation started from Abia North and had gone to Abia Central.

Earlier, HRM Gaius Ihejimaizu, the leader of the supreme council, said they were in Umuahia to congratulate the governor on his victory at the poll and to pledge their support for his government.(NAN)
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by kosoro: 1:57am On Jul 01, 2011
sad!!!
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by ReachRich(m): 7:05am On Jul 01, 2011
sad.sad.sad.
No good news has ever comeout of that state since that cretin took office since 2007.
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by PastorOla1: 7:31am On Jul 01, 2011
Is car the problem of any of our traditional rule, this is another way of fanning their greed, what should be their problem is the problem of their people at all level Not car please.
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by crackhouse(m): 8:02am On Jul 01, 2011
The cars in question may not be less than 1.5 million for each. Multiply it by 700 traditional rulers and u will get 1.05 billion. How much do they earn as monthly allocation from Fed Govt?. No wonder he doesn't do anything in the state, probably he have the support of traditional rulers. Using state's money to do christmas, i wonder whether he will do the same after leaving office. I pity the Abians cos none of them have the guts to talk. Where do u see the money nah?, oh! poor Abians.s cos none of them have the guts to talk. Where do u see the money nah?, oh! poor Abians.
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by Demdem(m): 8:15am On Jul 01, 2011
Aba town is there dirty as ever yet he has deem it fit to settle some crooks with car gifts. So annoying.
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by Anaegboka(m): 8:27am On Jul 01, 2011
I wonder if this man has custard in his head instead of brain tissues. Car gifts to this same people accused of harboring kidnappers, in a state with no motorable road. See how he is talking as if he's going to buy the cars with his personal money. Sayinh he handover to a certain zone as if he knows tomorrow. His actions has some elements of imbecility. Why won't Abia tell this morun to do what he's supposed to do as governor i:e take care of the masses and not satisfy the greed of those who have held the masses down.I wonder if this man has custard in his head instead of brain tissues. Car gifts to this same people accused of harboring kidnappers, in a state with no motorable road. See how he is talking as if he's going to buy the cars with his personal money. Sayinh he handover to a certain zone as if he knows tomorrow. His actions has some elements of imbecility. Why won't Abia tell this morun to do what he's supposed to do as governor i:e take care of the masses and not satisfy the greed of those who have held the masses down.
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by Bawss1(m): 8:34am On Jul 01, 2011
Theodore Orji = The new Ohakim of Igboland sad
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by hbrednic: 9:28am On Jul 01, 2011
brainless
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by andyanders: 9:37am On Jul 01, 2011
Orji is a madman who got no brain but thinks with his legs. Abia is the worst state you can think of.
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by member479760: 10:32am On Jul 01, 2011
and that is the best governor so far in nigeria. car gift to 700 ppls. Aye ooo!
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by SamMilla1(m): 10:52am On Jul 01, 2011
Gov Chime of Enugu already gave out over three hundred new hyundai cars to the traditional rulers. i guess he doesnt talk much. he just works.
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by phreakabit(m): 11:57am On Jul 01, 2011
This guy is a slowpoke and has no business being a Governor! Make heart attack just kill this bastard now?!
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by eewule(m): 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2011
It is said that "the decisions you make today, will determine how you live tomorrow."  I guess the eyes of abia people were not blind-folded when they were electing Orji. now see how he uses their funds.

Unlike the Rivers state or Lagos state govornors who are constantly bettering the life of their people, this guy has got a different agender.    The worst part is that (while others do this in silence) he has the confidence ( or is it foolishness) to come out and say it boldly that he will be spending funds (obviously not his own) on traditional rulers.  , So unfortunate.
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by Delafruita(m): 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2011
@sam milla
if what you say is true,then governor sullivan chime has lost my respect.the government has no business spending taxpayers' money on frivolities such as buying cars for traditional rulers or sending people on pilgrimage to "holy land".thats sheer waste of funds and nigerians need to condemn this act which is getting widespread
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by Afam4eva(m): 12:18pm On Jul 01, 2011
This mofo has nobody to compete with. He's a in world of his own. After Alao Akala and Ikedi Ohakim lst their election. He's now the numero uno worst governor in Nigeria. Igwe i salute you. Anumanu na fulu ndi Abia uzor.
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by mallorca(m): 12:27pm On Jul 01, 2011
God will surely Judge you Mr Governor
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by Guyman02: 1:07pm On Jul 01, 2011
mallorca:

God will surely Judge you Mr Governor

Na only God go help the people of Abia who have suffered so much under this so-called democracy, while Enugu State is growing and developing rapidly. Sad Sad Sad! sad sad sad
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by Anaegboka(m): 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2011
Delafruita:

@sam milla
if what you say is true,then governor sullivan chime has lost my respect.the government has no business spending taxpayers' money on frivolities such as buying cars for traditional rulers or sending people on pilgrimage to "holy land".thats sheer waste of funds and nigerians need to condemn this act which is getting widespread
My brother I wonder if this so called governors know what governance is all about, see how they are wasting resources to satisfy the desires of few instead of satisfying the need of the majority.
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by kaisy1980: 2:08pm On Jul 01, 2011
"LIKE FATHER LIKE SON" WHILE THE SON, CHINAEDU(AKA:IKUKU) IS BUYING 2010 CAMRY CARS FOR ANY  GIRL THAT GETS HIS KICK , HIS FATHER IS BUSY BUYING SAME FOR THE TRADITIONAL RULERS,WHILE THE FIRST LADY OF THE STATE  IS BUYING FOR HER KINS.GOD PLEASE HELP US IN ABIA STATE embarassed lipsrsealed cry
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by winningsch(m): 3:20pm On Jul 01, 2011
this man is crazy. i wonder waht he is thinking.
why is it that people do not have conscience?
He's my governor, but he doesn't know what he is doing there.
and he knows he couldn't have gotten back there if he didn't rig the election.crazy man
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by DoubleN(m): 3:28pm On Jul 01, 2011
Bloody slowpoke of a man!!! No good roads in Aba and the maggot is busy pacifying sycophants!
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by EzeUche(m): 3:36pm On Jul 01, 2011
Chukwumerjie save us! cry cry cry
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by kingsboy12(m): 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2011
FOOOOOL, Till waiting for the messiah not all this 'Orji fools'
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by kingsboy12(m): 3:47pm On Jul 01, 2011
embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by Chyz2: 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2011
He must be oblivious to the meaningful amd major rebuilding that the surrounding states governors are investing in. This is such a shame.
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by EzeUche(m): 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2011
This will be an opportunity for APGA to make inroads into Abia.

Okorocha must do a good job in Imo state. The people of Abia are watching, but it would seem that anyone would be better than Orji.

Maybe even ACN. cry cry cry
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2011
More shame on the traditional rulers for not declining the offer. Shame.
Bunch of overgrown agbayas.
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by dayokanu(m): 4:24pm On Jul 01, 2011
afam4eva:

This mofo has nobody to compete with. He's a in world of his own. After Alao Akala and Ikedi Ohakim lst their election. He's now the numero uno worst governor in Nigeria. Igwe i salute you. Anumanu na fulu ndi Abia uzor.

Never, I cant agree,

Even though Akala lost elections, he is still the worst governor currently and for the next 2 decades, He did enough harm in 4 yrs to cover for 25yrs

So dont deprive my townsman of that honour pls!!!! Alao Akala is it
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by Anaegboka(m): 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2011
dayokanu:

Never, I cant agree,

Even though Akala lost elections, he is still the worst governor currently and for the next 2 decades, He did enough harm in 4 yrs to cover for 25yrs

So dont deprive my townsman of that honour pls!!!! Alao Akala is it
Though the matter is very serious this your award got me breaking my ribs with laughter. Believe me no governor will outshine this squinty eyed morun T.A. Orji in none perfomance. Chei I forgot Mbadinuju
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by EzeUche(m): 4:46pm On Jul 01, 2011
The entire will not progress if Abia state does not progress. This state is the commercial engine of the East. An engine is only as strong as its parts.
Re: I’ll Redeem My Pledge Of Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers – Governor Orji Of Abia by dayokanu(m): 5:02pm On Jul 01, 2011
Anaegboka:

Though the matter is very serious this your award got me breaking my ribs with laughter. Believe me no governor will outshine this squinty eyed morun T.A. Orji in none perfomance. Chei I forgot Mbadinuju

You think say na joke, Okay lets exchange Alao Akala to rule Abia and Orji to rule Oyo? deal?

I know Aba traders would love it cos, It means Tura soap would open factory in Aba just for one man

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former Ig Okiro Ordered To Pay N50 Million Over Shady Land Deals / Three Reasons Why Sultan Of Sokoto Is A Boko Haram Sponsor / Jonathan Sets World Record, Becomes The Most Cursed President On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.