Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Lagos Mainland Vs Island. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Mainland Vs Island. (38777 Views)

SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS / Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS / Car Somersaults On Third Mainland Bridge After Sallah Flexing On The Island.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Craigbrown4076: 4:14pm On Mar 15, 2022
Now don't laugh this off. This is a rather serious comparison as it's my first time in Lagos and as such my first time on the Island.

According to the topic, I will like readers especially those who reside in Lagos to share their opinions as to which of these major residential areas in Lagos is actually more value for money.

I've lived in the Ajah axis of Lagos Island for about 7 months and I can confidently tell you that I will not advise any newcomer to pay rent to live here. Electricity is bad, water is terrible, roads are bad too and for those who commute the Lekki-Epe express road daily know how hellish it can be when there is a surge in traffic.

Tbh, most people living on the island are suffering and smiling, even those who you think are well to do are having it worse.

I'm considering moving away from the Island and finding a serene environment on the mainland to live in. I heard that Magodo/Berger area is true, please how true is this? I will like readers who reside in Lagos to share their thoughts on other serene environments one can live in where one can get good basic amenities. This will definitely help other people as well. Thanks.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Craigbrown4076: 4:16pm On Mar 15, 2022
If you know of other inexpensive places on the Island not farther than Sangotedo that is manageable, please do share.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by jaytii(f): 7:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
Surulere for easy access to the Island and the MAINland
Ikeja if you don't mind Lagos traffic but 100% social life (Allen Avenue - you gerrit)

Ikorodu if you are a miser ("You think say you dey wise")
Mushin if you belong to the street and love the trenches (Who goes you)
Agege if you don't mind getting robbed or stabbed occasionally (Kuron beyen no)
Ojo if you are Igbo

268 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by airsaylongcome: 7:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
OP, I advise you relocate to the mainland. Its cheaper and more spacious there. You get more value for money with cheaper rent and more commute time. Also there are more fun spots on the mainland and they are open way late into the night than on the Island. Island is for fake people. /s

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DryMouth: 7:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
Island is bae except during raining season sha.

Ajah is not island. grin grin

Once you pass chevron, you no longer stay on the island.

143 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DMerciful(m): 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
Lagos is bedlam!

Is just for making money, nothing more!

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by NwaNimo1(m): 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
You are looking for 'value for money' and 'serene environment' in Lagos?

....You dey craze?

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by myke92(m): 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
Alternative locations on the mainland that are close to the island include the following.

- Gbagada
- oworo
- Yaba
- costain
- ketu

You can get a decent apartment in a Serene environment in any of these areas, especially the 1st and the last. wink

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Brendaniel: 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
See ehn, if you want to enjoy Lagos just make sure you live in a place trek able to your work place and most importantly stay in a secured estate

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DoctorOlasDesk: 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
Nice
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Hydronium(m): 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
Lol
Different strokes for different folks.
Certain parts of Lekki is actually quite habitable and serene, if you have the funds to support the humongous rent, that is. Otherwise, find serene places close to the Island, like Yaba, if you work there. I stay in Berger axis and it's cool for me as I work from home.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by sukkot: 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by morikee: 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
Shithole

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by tommy589(m): 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
Some part of Ikoyi and VI will still meet your Lagos Island expectations

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by ukbiss: 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
You stayed in a place for 7 good months and it's still your first time.

Anyways I prefer the islands.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DoctorOlasDesk: 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
Craigbrown4076:
Now don't laugh this off. This is a rather serious comparison as it's my first time in Lagos and as such my first time on the Island.

According to the topic, I will like readers especially those who reside in Lagos to share their opinions as to which of these major residential areas in Lagos is actually more value for money.

I've lived in the Ajah axis of Lagos Island for about 7 months and I can confidently tell you that I will not advise any newcomer to pay rent to live here. Electricity is bad, water is terrible, roads are bad too and for those who commute the Lekki-Epe express road daily know how hellish it can be when there is a surge in traffic.

Tbh, most people living on the island are suffering and smiling, even those who you think are well to do are having it worse.

I'm considering moving away from the Island and finding a serene environment on the mainland to live in. I heard that Magodo/Berger area is true, please how true is this? I will like readers who reside in Lagos to share their thoughts on other serene environments one can live in where one can get good basic amenities. This will definitely help other people as well. Thanks.

I left island for Berger. I'm enjoying it

The light is stable

My monthly salary can pay my house rent like ten times. Unlike Ajah where six months salary will be used in financing house rent where one would be contributing to the ladnlord's development at the expense of one's personal growth and development.

In Ajah/Lekki axis, the annual rent feee is many people's 6-12 months slary, so they can't save. It's hand to mouth always. So instead of stay 2M per annum, i'm on a low-key on the mainland at 200k per annum setting up multiple businesses every month, next year, cash out big time.

Food is super. I buy six raps of semo and eight meats for 1200 Naira. You can't buy this at Ajah at this price. I always add yoghurt/Milk/Malt to make it 2k per meal. Bro, i'm living the yankee life in Berger..

Yes, and i change my soup daily. I can change up to as much as six different soups. More so, i'm known. Some time i could be in a hurry maybe i'm headed somewhere, without cash, i can take up to 2k food..

I have piexpress for my mid day snacks

When i want to change dollar, i dash into the bank call my aobki, less than 45 -60 minutes i;m done

Men, i'm in NewYork City in Berger

No issues at all

98 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Pipefitter: 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
[b] Brother, you are not lying oo. I used to live in festac phase 2 (Abule ado precisely). There we have light at least 18 hours everyday even when it's raining. People in Abule ado can confirm this, house is affordable there too I stayed in a room and parlour self contained with running water and was paying 350k annually, then job took me to Island, I live at Eleko because of the proximity to my work place, I can confidently tell you that I have not seen NEPA light in the last 8 months, I'm not exaggerating!
House is a bit expensive here too because of the large number of workers in the refinery, Eleko is underdeveloped, the only place you could hang out is at Eleko beach which is nauseating because a lot of folks go their to defecate early in the morning, in fact, let me describe the beach as toilet in the morning, relaxation place at night. Food is the most expensive thing here because they assume everyone is rich. I cook at home yet i spend 7-8k weekly as a single guy on food stuffs.
I pay 200k for 2 bed room, no parlour because is the only fenced house I could see that is affordable. Note that I pay that amount because I kind of did the finishing on the house, lighting, W/C, tiles, plumbing, wiring too.
I pay that amount because it's an agreement prior to the renovation and moving in but normally it should go for 300k. To be frank, I can't wait to leave this place for my beloved Abule ado[/b]

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by omolola100(f): 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
L
M
N
O
You say
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by oriewanbe: 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
Where you work determine largely where you will live and be comfortable.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
All this space bookers sha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Temmylee01(m): 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
Ms
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by iLegendd(m): 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
We, the people of Rivers state, don't care about Mainland or Island. All we know is Lagos — the dirty and stressful city with some cool places.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by obokuntravels: 7:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
Can you stay in surulere area? Surulere is more affordable, electricity is is about 15hrs per day and the road are Okay too.

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Loner97(m): 7:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
Not being to lagos before, so I'll pass!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Popejero(m): 7:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
If you want groove with plenty chilling go island.
If you need peace of mind with long life go for mainland

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by penocrat1(m): 7:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
Dammnnn nigggaaar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Viking Cult Members Survive Motor Accident (photos) / Abuja Photographer Thanks God For Surviving Fatal Accident That Killed 3 Persons / A Nairalander visit to Mandela's house in Soweto SA(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.