Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,716 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine (42777 Views)

ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah / Naledi Pandor Receives Threats After ICJ Genocide Case Against Israel / 150 Russian Officials Condemn Putin's Invasion Of Ukraine In Open Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by IgOga(m): 10:13pm On Mar 16, 2022
grin grin grin

ICJ is only for small countries....they have no jurisdiction over permanent members of the UN security Council

1 Like

Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by ayindejimmy(m): 10:14pm On Mar 16, 2022
It seems china wants to sink with Russia

1 Like

Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by ayindejimmy(m): 10:17pm On Mar 16, 2022
pansophist:
Good judgement.

But it's temporary and sweeping the real issue under the carpet. For a long lasting peace, Russian security guarantee must be accepted. No Ukraine in nato, its as simple as that.

What about Ukraine's security guarantee, or they don't matter ?

Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by bigfish3k: 10:20pm On Mar 16, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Where was this court when USA illegally invaded Iraq saying they have chemical weapons? hundreds of thousands of deaths later, billions worth of properties destroyed later and no single WMD was found and a once awesome Iraqi economy was brought to it's knees. Where was this court when USA destroyed Afghanistan saying they want to rescue them from the Talibans? years later they ran away from Afghanistan having spent billions to oust the Talibans only to hand over back to the Talibans when leaving
Out of point questions

What concerns US invasions and Ukraine.
Is it Ukraine that committed those crimes you accused US?

Ukraine is innocent here
I was expecting you to add the crimes of Ukraine if it had ever invaded any country.

So if Russia starts attacking Nigeria unjustly, you will defend it by reeling out similar crimes committed by USA.

O man
Where is thy sense

1 Like

Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by pansophist(m): 10:26pm On Mar 16, 2022
abbey621:

Have you actually read the Minsk Agreement? I'm not talking about the old agreement(Minsk 1) that was broken by both Ukraine and Russia but the new agreement(Minsk 2). Why do you think it is only Ukraine that has to implement it? The new agreement called for withdrawal of all foreign troops from the disputed areas but up till war broke out, Russia denied being part of the agreement as Putin keeps insisting that Russia is not involved in the dispute. How do you negotiate/dialog with an enemy that won't follow the rules?

Putin behaves like a bully and forget about the U.S for one minute, does Ukraine not have the right to make its own decisions? Are you honestly saying Crimea, Luhansk and Doneskt were not influenced by Russia to destabilize Ukraine? We can continue playing mind games but deep inside you know what's going on, you know grin grin grin

Yes, I've read the Minsk agreement 2, and the agreement is between Ukraine and and guess who, Ukraine (well, the Donbass region). Here is an excerpt of the agreement.

2. Pull-out of all heavy weapons by both sides to equal distance with the aim of creation of a security zone on minimum 50 kilometres (31 mi) apart for artillery of 100mm calibre or more, and a security zone of 70 kilometres (43 mi) for multiple rocket launchers (MRLS) and 140 kilometres (87 mi) for MLRS Tornado-S, Uragan, Smerch, and Tochka U tactical missile systems:

So no, Russia do not have to do anything here. Also, Ukraine have the right to make its decision, but it must take the realities of its neighbours into consideration. Finland and Sweden understand this rule and opt for neutrality even in spite of these conflict. Yes, you have a point that Putin have a hand, no one can deny it, but that's the point of war. Its all manipulations. The US is busy sending weapons to Ukraine and aids, so?
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by abbey621(m): 10:30pm On Mar 16, 2022
pansophist:

Yes, I've read the Minsk agreement 2, and the agreement is between Ukraine and and guess who, Ukraine (well, the Donbass region). Here is an excerpt of the agreement.

So no, Russia do not have to do anything here. Also, Ukraine have the right to make its decision, but it must take the realities of its neighbours into consideration. Finland and Sweden understand this rule and opt for neutrality even in spite of these conflict. Yes, you have a point that Putin have a hand, no one can deny it, but that's the point of war. Its all manipulations. The US is busy sending weapons to Ukraine and aids, so?

Here's point number 10 from the agreemnt:

10. Withdrawal of all foreign armed formations, military equipment and mercenaries.

If you honestly believe Russian troops were not present in the disputed regions then I have nothing more to say, Russia has succeeded in pulling a fast one on you my friend.
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by pansophist(m): 10:35pm On Mar 16, 2022
abbey621:

Here's point number 10 from the agreemnt:

10. Withdrawal of all foreign armed formations, military equipment and mercenaries.

If you honestly believe Russian troops were not present in the disputed regions then I have nothing more to say, Russia has succeeded in pulling a fast one on you my friend.

I believe they are in Donbass, hence I said earlier that war is about manipulation.
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by abbey621(m): 10:37pm On Mar 16, 2022
pansophist:

I believe they are in Donbass, hence I said earlier that war is about manipulation.

So you see the mind games Putin is playing, he wants Ukraine to honor an agreement that Russia has no intention of honoring. Classic case of bullying grin
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 16, 2022
ken6488:

I keep saying saying the truth doesn't make you hate someone

Me saying the truth doesn't make USA my enemy
I am not a hyprocrate , USA or Russia do something wrong I will openly condem it no matter what ,

I don't go behind, or lie about what is truths

But you called me slave without provocation, without knowing who I am?
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by ken6488(m): 10:47pm On Mar 16, 2022
omoolokunEsin:

But you called me slave without provocation, without knowing who I am?
I don't care you just a hyprocrate

People like you will sell our country for money
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by Nathan2016: 10:53pm On Mar 16, 2022
OkohIs:
I am still amazed that some Nigerians support the action of the Russians

Then you have not lived in Nigeria at all.

This is a society where the strong prey on the week. Once people are on the majority, they dont care about the minority.

It is here on nairaland that most men dont believe women have rights.
Or is it the religious folks that mostly think it is Christianity or Islam, forgetting other religion exist.

Or the majority tribe that make it look like the country revolves around them.

Nigerians dont care about other people rights to live as far as they are not on the receiving end.

Nigerians like to bully people they can. It is exit everywhere, workplace, social place and even religious place.

So i am not suprised.

Most people will rather blame the Ukraine government and I have seen some even calling the president to be arrested and jail for killing his people through his decision. To them Russia is the victim and the west and ukraine is the killer.

This mentality is what is keeping us from evolving in our society. A

A self centered society,

I can bet you, if Russia sent a nuclear weapon to destroy US/UK, Most people will cheer Russia.

They can only see something wrong if it directly affect them or Russia decide to target Nigeria.
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by PoliteActivist: 11:07pm On Mar 16, 2022
olabolawasiu:

They all know the future implications of what west and US is trying to achieve. And selling out their country for personal gain is not in their blood like Nigerians. We should rather be more concerned about Nigeria situation.

Can't you see how foolish? Assuming Ukraine were part of Russia or becomes part of Russia, isn't NATO still at their border? What exactly can NATO do with Ukraine that they can't do without it? Explain to us.
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by dappydozzy(m): 11:47pm On Mar 16, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Where was this court when USA illegally invaded Iraq saying they have chemical weapons? hundreds of thousands of deaths later, billions worth of properties destroyed later and no single WMD was found and a once awesome Iraqi economy was brought to it's knees. Where was this court when USA destroyed Afghanistan saying they want to rescue them from the Talibans? years later they ran away from Afghanistan having spent billions to oust the Talibans only to hand over back to the Talibans when leaving

That is what I always say, the West especially the United States are hypocrites, The United States suppose to hide their faces in shame, yet some people will call them first world nation because of, too much watching of Hollywood science fiction and war movies, which are not actually the reality. The US has being disgraced many times the war in Vietnam, Bay of pig invasion, War in Afghanistan but they will never learn their lessons, still claiming relevance in world affairs creating more enemies they can imagine, meddling into Political affairs of other nations for their national selfish interest , the list goes on. America is really going and loosing it's influence in the world affairs. By the time, the financial system is completely decentralized,and total adoption of cryptoassets America will no longer have grip on the financial system globally and their influence of capitalism will start to dwindle until they perish.
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by Emma15678: 12:18am On Mar 17, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Did you know how many civilians died when the United States dropped atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

In Hiroshima, only 20,000 Japanese soldiers were killed, while 70,000 - 126,000 civilians were killed.

In Nagasaki, civilians killed numbered almost 100,000.

So Japan was just folding their hands on their chest when the nukes were dropped? Were the Japanese no eating prisoners of war during WW2? Bros the US has perpetrated so many war crimes but Japan and Iraq deserve any thing they got. Nukes were the last option to end WW2.
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by Karnice600: 4:20am On Mar 17, 2022
Righteousness2:
People do not yet understand what is playing out..

These ICJ resolutions will have little or nothing impact on what is on ground.

In these Last of the Last Moments, the Lawlessness on earth is beyond ICJ.
Putin will continue his Rage . Inshort he will still go towards the Middle east to rage.

There is only one man on earth who can stop Putin's rage. That is the antichrist ( whom I believe is Obama, the Ex US President).

Unfortunately, his time has not reach to come on the World stage. As his time will be after the RAPTURE of the Bride of Christ.

We are in the Last of the Last days. The Rapture can Happen at anymoment.
Everyone needs to Run to JESUS Christ and Surrender completely to HIM, to avoid Super stories.

Stop disgracing the body of Christ. You're making a mess of the Gospel. The Gospel is best preached in neutrality, not sentiments.
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by EasternSWboyz: 4:38am On Mar 17, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
At this moment Putin better get his head in order..
Whats the fuss all about..you can't win this war..tell your soldiers to go back home..
This invasion is illegal and unwarranted..stop trying too hard ..
Putin is not fighting a war here....he is only mounting pressure on ukraine to accept his decisions on break away provinces and cremea actions. Check out his weapons of choice, no high end weapons in use. There are more thunderbolts in stock. This war is just a pressure mounting strategy. The west don't understand this even though it is there staring at them in the face.
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by Nobody: 5:51am On Mar 17, 2022
Egoveen:
Do you know how many Ukrainian generals killed in this war Don't be biased ogbeni.

How many ...for a strong nation like russian we expected more from them undecided
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by Alex48322: 5:53am On Mar 17, 2022
Read Below

Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by GOPLOP: 5:53am On Mar 17, 2022
Righteousness2:

Putin will continue his Rage . Inshort he will still go towards the Middle east to rage.

There is only one man on earth who can stop Putin's rage. That is the antichrist ( whom I believe is Obama, the Ex US President).

Unfortunately, his time has not reach to come on the World stage. As his time will be after the RAPTURE of the Bride of Christ.

Everyone needs to Run to JESUS Christ and Surrender completely to HIM, to avoid Super stories.
excuse me bro...... What kind of weeds did u normally smoke?
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 17, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

LMAO is it "Putinos" we call them now grin

Yes oh the " putinos puppet" here on nairaland cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 17, 2022
Yeyeoldman:
I laugh in Chinese grin grin grin grin grin grin grin... 20 generals died in combat Duty 9ja man dey laugh. Your own generals carry pot belly for beer parlour drinking Beer, Eating Nkwobi and washing it down with hot peppersoup una still dey complain. Wetin una really want for this life sef?

Ogbeni we are talking about russian leave nigerian out of this ... Even nigerian military can show russian shage with out nukes
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by Nobody: 5:58am On Mar 17, 2022
ken6488:
everything he wanted is achieved

Yeah With Russian losing over 10 thousands soldiers abi ...now russian is even begging china for armour can you imagine he also achieve a dead economic too see this bullshit undecided
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by Nobody: 5:59am On Mar 17, 2022
ken6488:
really, same Russia that has captured multiple cities, liberate two republic, totally end Ukraine naval power ,

Ukraine win on Nairaland only

Apart from khakiv with other city talk even the city is still under battle
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:21am On Mar 17, 2022
Emma15678:

So Japan was just folding their hands on their chest when the nukes were dropped? Were the Japanese no eating prisoners of war during WW2? Bros the US has perpetrated so many war crimes but Japan and Iraq deserve any thing they got. Nukes were the last option to end WW2.

OK, so it is fair to nuke civilians because of the war crimes of their combatants? Now, they are scared that Russia could nuke them. Well, according to your logic, the American civilians deserve to be nuked too.

Just because the Americans feared that they would be slaughtered if they invaded Japan, they cowardly dropped atomic bombs on two major civilian cities.

Hope you know that while Iraq were using chemical weapons in the war against Iran, the West was behind them. In fact, the West was originally against Iran.
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:23am On Mar 17, 2022
pargelenis:

Typical ignorance … Nigeria receives 500 million dollars aid from USA annually and ZERO from Russia.
Some Nairalanders are the most ungrateful Buhari boys …. cheesy

Aids in what form?

Una go just dey yarn dust.

Show me the aids now?
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:29am On Mar 17, 2022
Righteousness2:

your assertion doesn't add up.

1 Like

Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by Elidrisy20: 6:31am On Mar 17, 2022
Double standard, when America were bombarding Iraq, Syria, Libya where una dey?
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by Oju4190: 7:09am On Mar 17, 2022
Righteousness2:

I was enjoying Ur doctrin till when I got to the part that said 'Obama is the antichrist whose time has not reach to come on the world stage'......
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 17, 2022
Nigeria Army can show Russia Shege? Are you for real? Comrade abeg nah grin grin grin grin Nor use laugh kill me this morning oooh. So of all countries on earth you dare compare Nigerian and Russian Army ? We fit even beat Niger Army? Can we Beat Benin Republic Army? What Am I even saying?
Jesse25:

Ogbeni we are talking about russian leave nigerian out of this ... Even nigerian military can show russian shage with out nukes
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by Alusiizizi(m): 7:15am On Mar 17, 2022
Nurudeen06:
Lol

Come arrest him na grin

Are you also dishing out orders? angry

I guess you don't know that FERNANDEZISBACK is the commander of the Ukraine keyboard-battalion.
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:19am On Mar 17, 2022
Alusiizizi:

I guess you don't know that FERNANDEZISBACK is the commander of the Ukraine keyboard-battalion.
Welcome to my kingdom.. cheesy grin wink
Re: ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 17, 2022
Alusiizizi:

Oh!
I didn't know that

Maybe she's the Nigeria Commander of the Azov Battalion cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Israel Was Created - Aljazeera Documentary (video) / Why Putin Is Invading Ukraine? (The Cable) / Putin Replaces 1,000 Of His Personal Staff Over Fear Of Being Poisoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.