Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami (13729 Views)

Lagos Assembly Alleges Planned Attack On Speaker, Others Over Rejected Cabinet N / Benin Republic Shuns Buhari's Request For Igboho's Extradition - SaharaReporters / Shehu Sani: Why We Rejected Buhari’s $30bn Loan Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by helinues: 6:15am On Mar 17, 2022
ityP:

Shut up. When you were supporting these people because of Tinubu, we no hear you talk. Now, they're threatening Tinubu's aspirations, you don suddenly get mouth. You should be ashamed of yourselves grin

Now on this moniker you dey hide now, if you like wear make up, I go still sabi you
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by DarkJeddi(m): 6:15am On Mar 17, 2022
chloride6:

This doesn't.
Are you a court of law?
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by saintnegroid(m): 6:18am On Mar 17, 2022
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/electoral-act-fg-may-go-to-court-over-rejected-buharis-request-says-malami/

this is the man destroying this country... First ,he was destroying it silently but now he is destroying it openly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by b03liberty(m): 6:24am On Mar 17, 2022
Even if they go to court, they will still be disappointed
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by Nauttyprof(m): 6:25am On Mar 17, 2022
chiefolododo:
Courts do not have power over bills ,

I really just don't understand the people in this Buhari government anymore. Senate makes law for the citizens and someone somewhere is saying he can take the matter to court for court to ensure the intent of selected few to prevail. I just don't understand the nonsense in this government anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by Themandator: 6:31am On Mar 17, 2022
chiefolododo:
Courts do not have power over bills ,

Courts Do have the power to declare a law illegal. It is one of the ways to amend a law.

As for this law the national assembly cannot amend or delete anything from the act without causing problem for the 2023 election because the condition says any law relating to our election must be in place a year to the election date and another law says the elections must hold some specific period before the actual swearing in date of May 29

If they amend as the president demands and he signs, it becomes a new law affecting those two dates thereby making the entire election illegal

If Buhari signed the law when it was first presented and sent his objection to section 84 they would have had the time to delete it and return for his assent, right now it is no longer possible except by the court which can declare that section illegal without the need for the president to sign anything
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by PrinceOfLagos: 6:31am On Mar 17, 2022
helinues:

Now on this moniker you dey hide now, if you like wear make up, I go still sabi you
But na true the guy talk na

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by helinues: 6:34am On Mar 17, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

But na true the guy talk na

Eggzactly, it's good to know the right button to press

I have taken note of the new hidden moniker
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by davidque: 6:35am On Mar 17, 2022
Malami is fighting for his selfish self.........what a devilish man
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by BluntCrazeMan: 6:36am On Mar 17, 2022
No Wahalla
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by PrinceOfLagos: 6:36am On Mar 17, 2022
helinues:

Eggzactly, it's good to know the right button to press

I have taken note of the new hidden moniker
Everybody is your enemy

Why do you hate the truth so much
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by Themandator: 6:36am On Mar 17, 2022
Nauttyprof:

I really just don't understand the people in this Buhari government anymore. Senate makes law for the citizens and someone somewhere is saying he can take the matter to court for court to ensure the intent of selected few to prevail. I just don't understand the nonsense in this government anymore.

That section conflicts with the constitution which says 30 days to the election or something... This one says comot patapata before you run for any office if you are holding any government appointment which I like.... You cannot eat your cake and have it

You have a job and is seeking another job why should you be allowed to hold down this present one as a fall back if you don't succeed with your new aspiration

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by Tmex(m): 6:36am On Mar 17, 2022
Thia guy is truely a quota
SAN
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by helinues: 6:37am On Mar 17, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Everybody is your enemy

Why do you hate the truth so much

But the same person I was referring to before is still the same person asking me this dumbo question now.

So where is everybody instead on a body
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by PrinceOfLagos: 6:38am On Mar 17, 2022
helinues:

But the same person I was referring to before is still the same person asking me this dumbo question now.

So where is everybody instead on a body
I don't have multiple monikers like you, I am one and only prince of Lagos
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by shedy03(m): 6:45am On Mar 17, 2022
Nbotee:
Una no get shame
Na agbero government we dey so, lol.
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by fergie001: 6:45am On Mar 17, 2022
chloride6:

This doesn't.
It does conflict with the Constitution.
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by hotseat: 6:48am On Mar 17, 2022
Malami is one of the arrowheads capitalizing on the low intelligence of Bubu to misadvise him into taking anti-peoples' decisions.

This AGF forgets that he is got but a short time left for him to be in office.

He will surely be made to account for his evil time in office someday.

Time, time alone, will tell!
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by Phaantom22: 6:53am On Mar 17, 2022
this man is a Stooge, all these effort is to aid corrupt practices
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by nnamdi640: 6:58am On Mar 17, 2022
Whether they resigned or not, of what use are they to us. Our politicians are useless all they know how to do best is to loot money and collect free money from fg.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by MrStan11(m): 7:11am On Mar 17, 2022
Malami may go to court not FG.
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by babajero(m): 7:13am On Mar 17, 2022
See his face, all this northern drug addicts.
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by Zubydeangelo(m): 7:13am On Mar 17, 2022
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/electoral-act-fg-may-go-to-court-over-rejected-buharis-request-says-malami/

This malam is the problem of this country. Where your right stops, is where another person's right begins. Going to court to force the Senate to approve the amendment? You have the courts(use them as you like) but also know that the Senate have their rights (to approve or not approve any bill), they'll also use it as they deem fit.
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by DMerciful(m): 7:14am On Mar 17, 2022
It means they did not know what's in the electoral act before signing it. Yeye fowls grin
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by Shikini: 7:14am On Mar 17, 2022
Useless president and his aides
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 17, 2022
helinues:

Can't Buhari respect the decision of the national assembly?

Why should a political holders still remain in office even if they are interested to vye in the next election. How would they concentrate on the position they are currently holding?

This Malami self, very typical, if you Like spell MALAM backward, na still same

Buhari is not interested in politics like that or its nitty gritty and horsetrading aspect. Many know this and will openly defy someone they now view as intent on destroying their hardwork, future and permanent interests.

Buhari is very tired now and looking forward to leaving Aso Rock. He won't have the know-how, interest or political savvy to protect the likes of Malami, Buni etal against the next phase which is the power struggle to control the soul of the APC.

This is Malami speaking for himself and his ambition. I predicted all that is happening now. I.e 2022, and close to election, many will begin defying and daring the outgoing Buhari who is distracted and not really bothered anyway.

It is the likes of Malami, Buni etal who will be left to fight considerable forces everywhere, from Governors to legislators, determined to prevent a ruling Party going down the drain because of the selfish, opportunistic and unmerited ambition of a few.

Nothing politicians resent more than opportunistic and undeserving usurpers, like Malami etal, wanting to reap where they have not sown at the expense of those who made APC what it is. Good luck to Malami in court.
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by fyneguy: 7:25am On Mar 17, 2022
DarkJeddi:
Not if it conflicts with the constitution..
It can be declared null and ultra vies..

They did not bar them from contesting. They only asked them to first resign.
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by ityP(m): 7:28am On Mar 17, 2022
helinues:

You think I enter nairaland to come meet your papa? See this dude o grin. Oga, focus on those who get personal beef with you. Me and you no get issues. Na Nigeria I dey more concerned about. The only persons I have issues with na Tinubu urchins. Know this and know peace

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by Curious346: 7:28am On Mar 17, 2022
Malami takes too much metaphemine
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by Tzar(m): 7:29am On Mar 17, 2022
This inglorious AGF again?! He has his name stamped on every disgraceful action of this government.
Just because of his selfish political ambitions, he wants to waste government resources on needless litigation?!
Re: Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:34am On Mar 17, 2022
Another court issue again!
That's how Mr. Malami will be dragging this electoral act till election will come near. I don't know why I so much hate this man n deep down I know he will be worst than late Abacha in terms of stealing public funds. Well time will tell!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole / Lauretta Onochie Celebrates Buhari's 34th Wedding Anniversary / "Unfulfilled Promises": Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Resume Bombings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.