Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down (2919 Views)

Help! I'm Feeling Guilty Of Ruining Someone's Marriage / Thanks to FERNANDEZISBACK and my tm, I'm feeling quite better / A Spirit Is Loving Me, I Need Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by lalalista: 11:15pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hello all,

Now here's why I'm down.

I was staying with my siblings before, I bought generator and rechargeable fan with my money while with them, now I'm in a serious relationship that will lead to marriage. My fiancee set up a business for me. I've been staying with my fiance for 6 months because my business center is close to his house. For 2 months now, no light in my shop because of some unresolved bill issues. My fiancee is having some challenges in his business so he couldn't buy me a gen. I needed a generator badly, so I decided to go and pick that my generator that I left with my siblings. My brother is making me feel like a bad person. He said I'm not supposed to take the gen. That what do I want compound people to think? That it's not fair. Since then, I've been feeling like I did something bad and like I'm a cruel person. Was I wrong to have taken the generator?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by Ahmed0336(m): 11:21pm On Mar 17, 2022
No you're not wrong.

So your brother cannot hustle to buy gen? undecided

What a lazy lad.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by house10s2: 11:27pm On Mar 17, 2022
am confuse with the fiancee and fiance

fiancee set up a business for me.

I've been staying with my fiance

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by Candidlady: 11:27pm On Mar 17, 2022
lalalista:
Hello all,

Now here's why I'm down.

I was staying with my siblings before, I bought generator and rechargeable fan with my money while with them, now I'm in a serious relationship that will lead to marriage. My fiancee set up a business for me. I've been staying with my fiance for 6 months because my business center is close to his house. For 2 months now, no light in my shop because of some unresolved bill issues. My fiancee is having some challenges in his business so he couldn't buy me a gen. I needed a generator badly, so I decided to go and pick that my generator that I left with my siblings. My brother is making me feel like a bad person. He said I'm not supposed to take the gen. That what do I want compound people to think? That it's not fair. Since then, I've been feeling like I did something bad and like I'm a cruel person. Was I wrong to have taken the generator?

@bolded

You guys ain't married and you are staying with him already? undecided

Idont care bout the fact that his place is close to your work station!

Anyways since it is your gen, no need to feel bad

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by socialmediaman: 11:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
@lalalista it all depends on what and how it exactly happened. Is this the sentiment of all your siblings or just your brother? It looks like there’s lack of understanding or communication gap somewhere. Though it’s your property, try to explain to them that your need for it was out of necessity.

One issue i've seen with this type of family use property is that, your brother may have had the money to buy a generator at some point but because yours was available, he saw no need to buy another and may have redirected the money to other use like feeding for the family.

Hopefully you guys figure things out and they get to learn one or two about self reliance and independence as well

1 Like

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by lalalista: 11:37pm On Mar 17, 2022
Candidlady:

@bolded

that's not the issue on ground

3 Likes

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by dawnomike(m): 11:39pm On Mar 17, 2022
lalalista:
Hello all,

Now here's why I'm down.

You have done nothing wrong... Cheer up
Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by lalalista: 11:40pm On Mar 17, 2022
Candidlady:

@bolded

he has so many rooms in the house he built. I took one
Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by Richy4(m): 11:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
Ahmed0336:
No you're not wrong.

So your brother cannot hustle to buy gen? undecided

What a lazy lad.

Courtesy demands that U ask how old the younger brother is first before branding him lazy... angry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by lalalista: 11:45pm On Mar 17, 2022
Richy4:

Courtesy demands that U ask how old the younger brother is first before branding him lazy... angry
he's very old enough
Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by Mariangeles(f): 11:45pm On Mar 17, 2022
You did wrong taking the generator.
Something that you were using with your siblings while living together, you decided to take away as you're no longer living with them, because you "bought it with your money"? That's wrong.

How would you feel if your brother did that to you?
You think because you're a female, it's ok to do that it's my stuff. I bought it with my money sh!t? No, it's not.

If they've not been using it (your brother wouldn't complain if they weren't), then there's no problem with you taking it, otherwise, you did wrong.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by Candidlady: 11:46pm On Mar 17, 2022
lalalista:

Really ? What ilook like ? A kid undecided
You sound bought sis((no insult intended)

Have a lovely night sister!
Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by Richy4(m): 11:46pm On Mar 17, 2022
lalalista:
he's very old enough

How old is old enough?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by chatinent: 11:48pm On Mar 17, 2022
Inasmuch as it may look somehow to them, I don't think you owe him any explanation. If he wants a gen so badly, he should buy one.

1 Like

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by lalalista: 11:54pm On Mar 17, 2022
Candidlady:

Really ? What ilook like ? A kid undecided
You sound bought sis((no insult intended)

Have a lovely night sister!

my friend please spare me the self righteousness

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by Candidlady: 11:59pm On Mar 17, 2022
lalalista:
my friend please spare me the self righteousness

Iam not your friend neither iam your enemy!!

And for the record iam not righteous!!! We humans hate the truth

Enjoy your cohabitation

Again do have a lovely night... Please do not quote this post cuz you'd hate my reply.

Nagode

2 Likes

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 18, 2022
You did no wrong since all your brother does with it is watch TV and maybe cruise fan while you are using for something more productive. Ignore him and go ahead with your biz.

Business before pleasure.

1 Like

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by mployer(m): 1:41am On Mar 18, 2022
Your brother deserve a slap.

He doesn't care about your business, he is more concerned about his comfort.

I hate people that put pleasure ahead of business, they hardly amount to anything in life.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by Ahmed0336(m): 6:11am On Mar 18, 2022
Richy4:

Any young man that likes enjoyment should know how to get it.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by jimmyolasun: 6:42am On Mar 18, 2022
lalalista:

6 Likes

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by BusinessPlan22: 7:17am On Mar 18, 2022
lalalista:
that's not the issue on ground

You think so? Cohabiting without marriage, abi?
Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by MoneyGoDrop: 7:33am On Mar 18, 2022
In my family house,we have this unwritten rule that whatever enters the house,stays there forever. Woth that been said, you guys need to reach a compromise.

1 Like

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by beautyhd: 7:39am On Mar 18, 2022
Did you explain to them why you are taking the gen?

They believe since you are living with a man, both of you should be able to get a gen.

Cohabiting with a man that hasn’t done small thing on your head, don’t come here to tell us he left you for another.

We ladies should learn to be independent no matter how rough it goes.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by Truvelisback(m): 7:45am On Mar 18, 2022
lalalista:
Hello all,

Now here's why I'm down.

Feeling what? Na him buy the gen for u? My friend take ur gen Jare!

1 Like

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by Candidlady: 8:10am On Mar 18, 2022
beautyhd:
Did you explain to them why you are taking the gen?

They believe since you are living with a man, both of you should be able to get a gen.

Cohabiting with a man that hasn’t done small thing on your head, don’t come here to tell us he left you for another.

We ladies should learn to be independent no matter how rough it goes.

She'd tell you to "spare/spear her your self righteousness"

Moreover "he has many rooms in the house he built so she took one"

Some people will never learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by 22o62021: 8:53am On Mar 18, 2022
Abeg don't mind those that are criticizing you for cohabiting with a man.

Husband scarce oo

Hold that one tight.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by Elianawalker(f): 9:03am On Mar 18, 2022
Your brother is not alright...

What is stopping him from buying his own generator?

Because you bought a gen he refused to buy his own, he failed to understand that the generator was not his and he is not entitled to it. At least now you have taken it he will go buy his own

1 Like

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by NoToPile: 9:15am On Mar 18, 2022
I am going to address the Gen part only since that's what you asked advice for.

I don't see anything wrong moving your Gen from the house to your business place, if you were still staying with them would your brother say you shouldn't take the Gen to the shop abi I am not understanding sef.

How do people reason these days, Gen will be used to generate money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by Lari03r(m): 9:37am On Mar 18, 2022
The gen was taken for business.

If you lose your source of income, they will laugh behind your back and in your face if things get worse.

You did nothing wrong! If things were easy your brother will not complain.

Please do your best to remain productive, especially as your fiance is experiencing financial difficulties.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by thorpido(m): 9:53am On Mar 18, 2022
I no understand sef,who be the fiance or the fiancee?
Anyway, there's nothing wrong with taking the gen,it's for business.If your brother won't understand, that's his business.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by missimelda01(f): 10:15am On Mar 18, 2022
This thread sef grin

You people left the gen issue to face OP cohabiting with her fiancé, not sure she wanted your advice in that area lipsrsealed

Anyway, OP did you discuss with the people using the gen before taking it? If you gave solid reasons why you needed the gen and your brother is still trying to make you feel bad, ignore him.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down by Double0h7(f): 10:19am On Mar 18, 2022
There's a reason your conscience is troubling you. If something feels wrong it's probably wrong.

You own the generator but did you contribute equally to the home while you lived with your siblings?

If they covered the bills and helped you while you were living together then you're wrong to take it because you bought it.

but if you held your own and supported yourself and contributed equally to the home then you have every right to take what you bought with your own money.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nothing / My Friend Is 3 Months Pregnant With Twins, Should I Advise Her To Abort / Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.