Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:39 AM

India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount (39610 Views)

Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) / Dollar Dumped? India Bought 1m Barrels Of Oil From UAE Using Rupees Instead Of $ / Aftermath Of Russian Air Strikes In Ukraine’s Kharkiv (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by cooltola(m): 6:16pm On Mar 19, 2022
Appleyard:

Did you see the thousands of pro-Putin Russians that gathered yesterday to celebrate with Putin the bringing back of Crimea? Some people simply do not understand Russia. One thing that unite all Russians is when there is an international gang up against its national life. And what is happening is exactly that. Putin's approval rating will only take a massive dive downhill if ordinary Russians become unable to fend for themselves, but unfortunate for the west, it would never come to that. For a country that has 11 time zones and resting on multiple continent, it's wishful thinking that they can be isolated completely. Just like it has done with India, Russia will surely find alternate markets for it's main goods. At the end, Europe will be the biggest loser.
Did you see the thousands of antiwar Russians being arrested? Did you see how many Russians are even against the war? Just as Many Russians Support Putin, Many Russians oppose Putin, the problem is if a Russian oppose Putin ,a Russian be might be locked up and put in prison. So I expect the Resistance within Russia not to show up at the stadium and get arrested by Police , beside the media is controlled by Putin . Here what I do know, Russian make a bulk of its money from the West, a nation losing its customers during a war is just poor business management if anything you want to keep your oil partners when you are waging a war . 2. China might not do business with Russia as one think because China need the West to do business. - , China might not want to upset their western business partners- I expect China to be a neutral as possible. China might hate USA but need USA to do business Most goods produced in China are used in the United States , United Kingdom , Germany and many western nations , 2. For every bomb dropped in Kyiv , Ukraine, Russia is spending millions of dollars because War are not cheap and war requires a lot of resources, food, people and effort. Russia finding customers to buy Russia oil and selling it as a discounted price is just poor business, they make some money to stay afloat . Once the GDP of Russia keep dropping in the long run, Putin popularity might drop 3. Putin has too many enemies within Russia and outside Russia- We will wait till the next Russian Election to see- I might be wrong or right, only God knows

2 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by techWriter3: 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2022
is too to for ... Please, check my_profile if you need help with your assignment, dissertation, or thesis.
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by 27Pushing30: 6:23pm On Mar 19, 2022
Bigchristo:
US and EU along with some of their foot soldiers here on Nairaland will be so pained to hear this news, they want to see Russia drown but unfortunately Russia is opening doors to another people to patronize their oil and gas, soon they will threaten India with Sanctions grin grin grin

Has anyone asked who is making money off the arms sales to Ukraine?

Lol

2 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by NGArmyTerrorist: 6:23pm On Mar 19, 2022
Waiting for the western terrorist attack dogs with their sanctions because they can't fight good battle except with sanctions. I blame those countries that put all their eggs in one basket (US). Thunder fire them! Another thunder fire UK too.

3 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Invitationn: 6:23pm On Mar 19, 2022
Rubbiish:

Wrong!
Do u think it will be fair if USA start bombarding India today because they choose to align with Russia?
USA and fairness shouldn't be in the same sentence.

It's either you are being mischievous or ignorant.
We both know the current war is more complicated than the Ukrainians' alignment to the West.

3 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by musicwriter(m): 6:25pm On Mar 19, 2022
If not for slavery and colonialism of India by Western nations, India would have been the world power that everyone would look up to.

Fortunately, they're awake to some extent to shun the West, unlike Nigeria that would do more to please the same people that enslaved us.

5 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 19, 2022
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 19, 2022
Author267:
The west are losing it alreadyyy
The table is changing
Everybody eyes are opening
The earlier we know the truth the better it is for us
And what pains me most is Africans instead of us to unite and fight our common enemies we instead fight ourselves
We all need to wake up

This reminds me of one of our books
Africans in bondage
Its available on amazon

at a discount ? very soon it will be free
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 19, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
embarassedChina will also definitely buy more Russian oil.
Western effort to ostracise Russia is doomed to fail. This is only just the beginning
Russia will feel the heat of the western imposed transition. But it will eventually pull through and come out better and stronger
Joe Biden you see your life
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
Elvictor:
Lol, West no want the crude oil, India said hello to Russia, we need am oh, Russia said I will give you for discount, Lmao
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Onokwu001(m): 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
Russia will come out stronger. I heard Ben Wallace saying on the News today, that they are going to impose more sanction by stopping the buying of Russian gas.
Me: so you are still buying their gas there by aiding the war but still seizing their citizens assets, what a double standard. Russia will always win. �����

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
The world doesn't start and end in the west
..at a discount ? very soon it will be free
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by twosquare(m): 6:28pm On Mar 19, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
What is wrong about moving my family to china if I chose to. Did I tell you I intend to move my family to the US.
Lots of ibo guys are making billions in China and you are here talking ignorantly
That's true, one will only go where he's sure his bread will be buttered. Same with Malay people.

I, for one, will think twice before I decide if to move my family to the US. Personally, I don't like their gun laws. I prefer countries with gun control.

Just like you said, not everyone is crazy about the US.

2 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by olas24u(f): 6:31pm On Mar 19, 2022
musicwriter:
If not for slavery and colonialism of India by Western nations, India would have been the world power that everyone would look up to. Fortunately, they're awake to some extent, unlike Nigeria that would do more to please the same people that enslaved us.

But it still accepted technology,science from the british and rejected religion .Today its a power house and 2nd fastes growing economy after china.pakistan,bangladesh were part of india intime past.
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Bloggersp: 6:52pm On Mar 19, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:
grin grin grin

Discount sales

They will lower oil prices and that will still be good.

India taking advantage of poverty stricken Russian

Hope they buying with Rubble grin
oga you know absolutely nothing about Russia, even without selling a barrel of oil Russia can still survive,they are food and energy sufficient do some research
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by olas24u(f): 6:54pm On Mar 19, 2022
grandstar:

Whether India buys or does not buy Russian oil, the Russian economy is already in trouble. Half of those sanctions are enough to cripple any country. Do you know what it means when commercial airlines can not fly to your country?

Biden has said the sanctions will not be permanent but will depend on Russia putting an end to its invasion of Ukraine. That, however, won't stop Putin.
Iran survived it for more than 20 years how much more a country with its own resources

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Bloggersp: 6:57pm On Mar 19, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
all of you na mumu, both India and China can't withstand US and European Sanctions. Not even China herself. Chinna cannever survive without bilateral relationship not even in Africa or Europe. India have the highest population of poor people in the world. Imagine all the exports from China to Europe and Africa are stopped, China don finish be that.
Mr Man you know nothing about economics, if USA tries that with china they will be massive revolution in USA as inflation will be on the highest level, lotta business will collapse including your favorite apple

4 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by grandstar(m): 7:00pm On Mar 19, 2022
Appleyard:

You speak like a typical troll. Is it every country that aren't flying planes to Russia? With the exception of the EU and US, most other countries of the world are dealing with Russia normally. Besides, the sanctioners have more to lose from the ban than Russia has to lose.

The size of Russia alone means that most of the nations in Europe and beyond that sanctioned it would have to fly longer hours to get to their destinations as the Russian counter ban forbids them from using it's airspace, which is far costly for Europeans compared to the effect Russia would face.

What online troll rubbish? Why do you people want to bury your heads in the sand?

First, Russia might be the largest country in the world based on land size, However, it is not the largest economy in the world. It is not even amongst the 10 largest economies in the world. In Europe alone, Germany, Britain, France, and Italy have economies much larger than that of Russia. The United Kingdom's economy is double that of Russia, despite having less than half its population. The German economy triple that of Russia.

Russia will feel the sting of their sanctions far greater than what it imposes on. Which country had its currency collapsing about 2 weeks ag0- was it Germany or Russia? The drastic collapse of a country's economy is usually signalled by the collapse of its currency.

Yes, these countries will feel some pain,. but the pain on the Russian economy has been horrendous and it has been all over the news unless you lived in denial and did not want to hear it.

You stated that other countries apart from the EU and US trade normally with Russia. That is not accurate. Japan and Taiwan haveplaced sanctions on Russia. You can't blame Taiwan as it too is petrified that China, which has its eyes on the island may be tempted to follow Russia's bad example.

Now, let's focus on the real problem. Considering that there were agreements that certain countries were not to join NATO after the end of the Cold War in the late 1980s, Russia has a right to be upset.

However, Putin too was part of the problem. His constant nefarious interference in the affairs of many former Soviet countries was what encouraged many of them to seek NATO membership.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by tctrills: 7:00pm On Mar 19, 2022
baralatie:

Russia selling at a discount is purely a business decision
You are right its a business decision. These are the kind of decisions businesses are forced to take when the market gets tough. This clearly isn't the best of times for Russian businesses.
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Oyiboman69: 7:01pm On Mar 19, 2022
Drenimarcus:
Russia and India are allies. They will always be there for Russia and same with Russia with them. In other words, Marinka is being mopped up.
be it bad as it may...the west is still the highest buyer of everything in the world today....
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by CoronaVirusPro: 7:02pm On Mar 19, 2022
Bloggersp:
oga you know absolutely nothing about Russia, even without selling a barrel of oil Russia can still survive,they are food and energy sufficient do some research

And that’s translates to a strong economy.

Seems you not aware where Russias economy and credit rating stands as of date?

Also, check what Rubble looks like now

Why is Putin scared to open Stock market? Russia won’t recover from the blows in 2 decades. They still yet to get out of previous sanctions and new ones hits

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by baralatie(m): 7:05pm On Mar 19, 2022
tctrills:
You are right its a business decision. These are the kind of decisions businesses are forced to take when the market gets tough. This clearly isn't the best of times for Russian businesses.
Noo
They are the best business decision when every player is playing hard to get because of high prices!
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by grandstar(m): 7:06pm On Mar 19, 2022
olas24u:

Iran survived it for more than 20 years how much more a country with its own resources

Iran did not survive the sanctions! Its governments did. The Mullahs did. Its people are suffering

Putin will survive the sanctions but life for the average Russian will be much harder. As long as Putin is determined to stay in power, the masses be damned. There will be lots of emigration from Russia to other parts of the world, seeking a better life

It is the Russian people that will pay the heaviest price, and not Putin

2 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by tctrills: 7:06pm On Mar 19, 2022
grandstar:

What online troll rubbish? Why do you people want to bury your heads in the sand?

First, Russia might be the largest country in the world based on land size, However, it is not the largest economy in the world. It is not even amongst the 10 largest economies in the world. In Europe alone, Germany, Britain, France, and Italy have economies much larger than that of Russia. The United Kingdom's economy is double that of Russia, despite having less than half its population. The German economy triple that of Russia.

Russia will feel the sting of their sanctions far greater than what it imposes on. Which country had its currency collapsing about 2 weeks ag0- was it Germany or Russia? The drastic collapse of a country's economy is usually signalled by the collapse of its currency.

Yes, these countries will feel some pain,. but the pain on the Russian economy has been horrendous and it has been all over the news unless you lived in denial and did not want to hear it.

You stated that other countries apart from the EU and US trade normally with Russia. That is not accurate. Japan and Taiwan haveplaced sanctions on Russia. You can't blame Taiwan as it too is petrified that China, which has its eyes on the island may be tempted to follow Russia's bad example.

Now, let's focus on the real problem. Considering that there were agreements that certain countries were not to join NATO after the end of the Cold War in the late 1980s, Russia has a right to be upset.

However, Putin too was part of the problem. His constant nefarious interference in the affairs of many former Soviet countries was what encouraged many of them to seek NATO membership.

We can only blame Putin for his foolish decision to invade. But he was encouraged by weak undecisive leaders from the west. He invaded Georgia and faced few concequences. He annexed Crimea and again faced few consequences. He saw the US's chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan so he took advantage. Only that Ukraine was a bridge too far for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by 5thcolm(m): 7:08pm On Mar 19, 2022
They are selling at a discount. They are losing money.

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by 5thcolm(m): 7:09pm On Mar 19, 2022
Elvictor:
Lol, West no want the crude oil, India said hello to Russia, we need am oh, Russia said I will give you for discount, Lmao
But who lost though. It's Russia's loss

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by olugabbie(m): 7:10pm On Mar 19, 2022
cooltola:

Did you see the thousands of antiwar Russians being arrested? Did you see how many Russians are even against the war? Just as Many Russians Support Putin, Many Russians oppose Putin, the problem is if a Russian oppose Putin ,a Russian be might be locked up and put in prison. So I expect the Resistance within Russia not to show up at the stadium and get arrested by Police , beside the media is controlled by Putin . Here what I do know, Russian make a bulk of its money from the West, a nation losing its customers during a war is just poor business management if anything you want to keep your oil partners when you are waging a war . 2. China might not do business with Russia as one think because China need the West to do business. - , China might not want to upset their western business partners- I expect China to be a neutral as possible. China might hate USA but need USA to do business Most goods produced in China are used in the United States , United Kingdom , Germany and many western nations , 2. For every bomb dropped in Kyiv , Ukraine, Russia is spending millions of dollars because War are not cheap and war requires a lot of resources, food, people and effort. Russia finding customers to buy Russia oil and selling it as a discounted price is just poor business, they make some money to stay afloat . Once the GDP of Russia keep dropping in the long run, Putin popularity might drop 3. Putin has too many enemies within Russia and outside Russia- We will wait till the next Russian Election to see- I might be wrong or right, only God knows

The US is anti-China. She is doing everything she can to stop the Chinese economic growth. Trump did it alone without the EU and he failed. Biden administration's agenda is to counter Chinese economic growth with the support of the EU. China can not afford to let Russia fall. If Russia fall, China will be next.

The US & its allies see these two countries as threats and they will be happy to see them fall. The issue has nothing to do with Ukraine. They needed the opportunity to stop Russian military and economic growth. Now they have it.

Russia is too important to the world. It is the energy power house of the world. It has energy in abundance and sell its energy at a very cheap price to Europe and its allies. It will be very difficult to isolate it. Likewise, she is the 2nd largest exporter of arms. Country like China, Venezuela, Algeria, India e.t.c still depend on Russia for arms. These countries can not be stopped from buying arms from Russia, their military equipments are majorly Russian. So they need to continue buying engines, spare part, missile e.t.c from Russia.

2 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by tctrills: 7:11pm On Mar 19, 2022
baralatie:

Noo
They are the best business decision when every player is playing hard to get because of high prices!
If you run a business, you would want to maximize your profit. Russia is looking for friends. they are desperate and would sell below the market price.
I would love to bet you, the Russian economy would recede before the end of this year. Are you willing to bet?

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by 5thcolm(m): 7:11pm On Mar 19, 2022
chronique:
Russia is too big and strategic a country to isolate. No matter how much support you galvanize against them, you can never totally isolate them.

Problem is, Russia would have to be selling everything on a discount to survive. Not good for then. Not like they really rich before now. They will survive but barely. Question is. Is barely enough?

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by gambojimeta: 7:12pm On Mar 19, 2022
Author267:
The west are losing it alreadyyy
The table is changing
Everybody eyes are opening
The earlier we know the truth the better it is for us
And what pains me most is Africans instead of us to unite and fight our common enemies we instead fight ourselves
We all need to wake up

This reminds me of one of our books
Africans in bondage
Its available on amazon

Bondage of China

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by 5thcolm(m): 7:13pm On Mar 19, 2022
Quelme:
Bharat (India) is a sovereign state with over a billion citizen to look after. Imagine wanting to sanction a sovereign country for trading with another country. Omo, this hypocrisy and double standard of the west stinks to the high heaven. This is simply a case of national interest. Your enemy is not my enemy. Bleep US and their lap dogs!!!!
Another west reject

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained / Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO / F-35 Becomes World's First Stealth Fighter To Carry Nuclear Weapons (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.