Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:18 AM

India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount (39611 Views)

Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) / Dollar Dumped? India Bought 1m Barrels Of Oil From UAE Using Rupees Instead Of $ / Aftermath Of Russian Air Strikes In Ukraine’s Kharkiv (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Drenimarcus(m): 10:18pm On Mar 19, 2022
olas24u:

crashing Russian markets,ending foreign investment, destroying the ruble, a full trade embargo, expelling Russia from the community of nations,and many more are normal excercies ,Iran has been dealing with the same thing for four decades, and survived.

Russia market opens on Monday.

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by drnoel: 10:28pm On Mar 19, 2022
Author267:
The west are losing it alreadyyy
The table is changing
Everybody eyes are opening
The earlier we know the truth the better it is for us
And what pains me most is Africans instead of us to unite and fight our common enemies we instead fight ourselves
We all need to wake up

This reminds me of one of our books
Africans in bondage
Its available on amazon

What the hell are U ranting
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Nellsworld(m): 10:49pm On Mar 19, 2022
cooltola:

Germany might be dependent on Russia gas today does not mean Germany or other European nations are not actively looking for alternate source of fuel in the nearest future or other nations to buy gas from . Russia might not be the only gas nation out there[b]- I know why many folks equate being anti-Putin do being anti Russian which is not far the truth[/b]. Germany and western nations need Russia to survive but they do not like the PUTIN and his cohorts. The western power are after Putin and his Cohorts not the Russian people, they are hoping the sanctions works to stop Putin and force him out of office. Again the more the economy bites, the more the Putin loose his core supporters. I will just wait for next Russia Election or wait and see how far Putin will last.
The US went to the Saudis to increase the vol. But the Saudis and other opec members refused cos other members like Nigeria couldn't meet up to their quota, that's y the EU is basically helpless and returned to Russia for gas, the US is still negotiating with Iran and Venezuela that dey sanctioned, which those two countries are Russia allies, the US will buy their oil and them will buy Russia weapons, so Russia indirectly not losing

2 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Major7: 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2022
NkanuSon:
The west just want to destroy anything that is not in their favour,they hate seeing any country competing with them,they want to be above everyone and keep milking their slaves.

I laugh at all these fools in Africa that are surporting them,they are hypocritical.the best way to enslave someone is to influence his mentality not by force,force was used in the stone age,most of u don't know Nigeria is a western cage,u are all animals in their eyes but because your mentality has been tired ignorance will never let u know

We are not even suppose to be speaking their language but they've made us think using their language makes u responsible,just see how our locals are going extinct bcs of them,their agenda is to westernise they whole world

Let's be careful of what we wish for and tread cautiously. Hatred for the western world should not blind us completely to our love for each other as humanity. That was how boko haram started and look at where we are. Countless lives are lost.i believe the world need genuine love to heal and not hatred. Peace

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by akilo1: 11:47pm On Mar 19, 2022
Author267:
The west are losing it alreadyyy
The table is changing
Everybody eyes are opening
The earlier we know the truth the better it is for us
And what pains me most is Africans instead of us to unite and fight our common enemies we instead fight ourselves
We all need to wake up[/

This reminds me of one of our books
[b]Africans in bondage

Its available on amazon

quit smoking weed bro..it is dangerous to your health

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by cooltola(m): 11:48pm On Mar 19, 2022
olugabbie:

The West wants to democratize the world. Russia is not a democratic state. Like wise China. The West is anti any country that is not democratize. As long as China and Russia remain undemocratic, the West will continue to push for their fall, irrespective of the kind of leader in power. They are against their political model not the leaders.

The term 'world order' means a world where all the countries are democratize.

I guess cold war 2.0 East versus West , democracy versus communism
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Bigchristo: 11:52pm On Mar 19, 2022
27Pushing30:

Has anyone asked who is making money off the arms sales to Ukraine?

Lol
Currently US isn’t making any money they’re the people spending their money to give aids and weapons to Ukraine, how do you expect a country at war nothing is functioning at the moment to be paying you to purchase weapons? How una take Dey make analysis self?
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by blackjack21(m): 12:42am On Mar 20, 2022
posty56:
India has always been in good terms with Russia, United States should stop acting like teenage girl their sanctions are getting weaker and weaker as countries look for ways to bypass them especially the petrodollar , they should be building relationships not spoil them,they should learn from China and act cunning.

India is a major Allie to the U.S, and not to Russia. The USA has constantly used India to antagonize the Chinese, a true Russia's Allie.

2 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by smeag0l(m): 12:50am On Mar 20, 2022
I wonder why people here are rejoicing that India is buying Russian oil and cursing the west. Take it or leave it, the US is still the best superpower the world can ever have. It is good that they're involving themselves in issues like this otherwise there would have been no peace in the world. Everything that Putin has done up till today is the exact step Hitler took and when he saw that after annexing Poland the west didn't get involved he now started taking the countries one by one until he took almost half of europe and this led to the second World War. The world can't be watching Putin misbehave otherwise this will set a precedence of neighbours invading their weaker neighbours. And just so you know, Russian oil is selling at 80% discount now and even some countries in the west are still buying it as it is so cheap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by 27Pushing30: 1:27am On Mar 20, 2022
Bigchristo:
Currently US isn’t making any money they’re the people spending their money to give aids and weapons to Ukraine, how do you expect a country at war nothing is functioning at the moment to be paying you to purchase weapons? How una take Dey make analysis self?

Are you even educated at all??

Wow! See ignorance.

You’re probably one of those who thinks Rapsody of realties is actually “free”
Damn

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by grandstar(m): 1:52am On Mar 20, 2022
olas24u:

crashing Russian markets,ending foreign investment, destroying the ruble, a full trade embargo, expelling Russia from the community of nations,and many more are normal excercies ,Iran has been dealing with the same thing for four decades, and survived.

Do you want to survive or thrive? The only thing that keeps the Mullahs in power in Iran is that the people can't kick them out. Same with North Korea and Venezuela.

I know the pain that my inability to use PayPal is causing me due to PMB's forex controls. Talk less of the damage sanctions such as those heaped on Russia!

If Iran was a democracy, do you think the Mullahs would be in power? Or the rocket man in North Korea or Maduro in Venezuela? They are only interested in holding on to piwer. The welfare of their cotizens comes a distant second.

Putin is a dictator. He has hold on to power for 22 years or so. Under a true democracy, he should have been out after 2 terms.

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by grandstar(m): 2:07am On Mar 20, 2022
olas24u:

ultimate game changer. Why is nigeria doing swap deals ?crude for refined oil ,with no refineries for more than 25 years?And you dont see anything wrong and you think its the leadership?we are victims of colonization.

The primary reason why the country imports refined oils boils down to the existence of price controls and the refusal to privatize the government owned refineries. The solution is simple but unpalatable.

Solution is to end petrol subsidies and deregulate the price of petrol. The price of diesel has long been deregulated.

With deregulation, the private sector will have the incentive to set up refineries. The few private refineries in Nigeria only produce diesel because the price is deregulated, that means set by market forces. Nobody will want to refine petrol as long as government fixes the price, especially below market value.

Dangote has already said he would be selling his products at the international price. He also fought for the deregulation of the price of petrol in the recently passed oil and gas bill. The price was supposed to have been deregulated in July this year but because 2023 is an election year, this has been postponed till next year.

However, once Dangotes refinery is up and going, it should satisfy the country's need.

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by pmc01(m): 4:52am On Mar 20, 2022
generalwo:
.... Baba calm down... The west is not losing shit... India bought the oil at a discount... Moscow is desperate at the moment and people will take advantage of it.... Oil wen dey sell for $10/barrel fit sell for as low as $2 per barrel... If u no sell, drink your oil... It's no longer in demand as before.... The sanctions won't do anything to USA and the west but it will make people take advantage of Russia... See it from that angle

If the oil is in abundance and won't finish, what's the hurt in reducing profit margin?
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by pmc01(m): 4:54am On Mar 20, 2022
sotall:

How some of you Putin's ass licker crawl out from your hole whenever Russia ( a dying horse) kicks.

Did you read that India bought the oil at a discount?

India only bought it because of it was cheap.

And you talk as if they incurred losses, selling at a discounted price. Or the oil has finished and they have none for sale again?

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Bigchristo: 7:31am On Mar 20, 2022
27Pushing30:

Are you even educated at all??

Wow! See ignorance.

You’re probably one of those who thinks Rapsody of realties is actually “free”
Damn
Oga shut up your mouth and stop reasoning with your Anus, there’s an attachment for your understanding.

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 11:04am On Mar 20, 2022
vibbb:
3 million barrels at a discounted price sounds tempting - India shld be ready for sanction.
India is not Nigeria or Kenya,even with all the hot sanctions against Iran, India still buy oil from Iran. American cannot afford to sanctions india,that is over a billion in population.
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by 27Pushing30: 11:37am On Mar 20, 2022
Bigchristo:
Oga shut up your mouth and stop reasoning with your Anus, there’s an attachment for your understanding.

Oga let me just assume you did not go to school … I made a SIMPLE statement” … Who benefits from the arms sales to Ukraine” and instead of saying you don’t know all you’re doing is embarrassing whatever institution(s) from primary to whatever level you’ve attained so far !

Go back to school! Cos you’re ignorant on simple finance/economics… simple finance/economics o!
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by baralatie(m): 11:43am On Mar 20, 2022
Bigchristo:
I wonder o

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Bigchristo: 11:50am On Mar 20, 2022
27Pushing30:

Oga let me just assume you did not go to school … I made a SIMPLE statement” … Who benefits from the arms sales to Ukraine” and instead of saying you don’t know all you’re doing is embarrassing whatever institution(s) from primary to whatever level you’ve attained so far !

Go back to school! Cos you’re ignorant on simple finance/economics… simple finance/economics o!
You claimed to have sense but you’re too dull, Between a country that is supplying aids and weapons and those receiving it for free without payment who is the benefactors? Common sense nor gum you… you’ve make me to realize you are not worth it.
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by ken6488(m): 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2022
chloride6:
These ones go soon collect.

USSR, Russia saved India from NATO and USA many times check history
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by chloride6: 1:02pm On Mar 20, 2022
ken6488:
USSR, Russia saved India from NATO and USA many times check history

After languishing unfruitfully for many years under the nonsense economic policies of the eastern bloc.
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by 27Pushing30: 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2022
Bigchristo:
You claimed to have sense but you’re too dull, Between a country that is supplying aids and weapons and those receiving it for free without payment who is the benefactors? Common sense nor gum you… you’ve make me to realize you are not worth it.

Ignorance bad…

Hint… Who produced the weapons?
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Bigchristo: 3:14pm On Mar 20, 2022
27Pushing30:

Ignorance bad…

Hint… Who produced the weapons?
Do you even have sense? You as a person producing weapons and giving it free even adding money to it as aid to a certain country to use what is your profit? That’s the exact thing you need to realize here ode keep arguing with your keypad
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by SuperSixSeven: 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2022
Jeromejnr:
The world is already been divided into two.

Many countries now after observing cancel culture from the west will diversify and come out from putting all their eggs in one basket. (I.e the west)

It's good tho..I hate that a country in the west could just wake up and cancel you, shut your means of livelihood, take possession of your assets e.t.c

Big Tech companies in the U.S have been very annoying and hypocritical with censorship and cancel culture.

Russia is too big and necessary especially to the EU to lose.

please take 2 mins on wikipedia and find what cancel culture is..
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Jeromejnr(m): 4:05pm On Mar 20, 2022
SuperSixSeven:

please take 2 mins on wikipedia and find what cancel culture is..

Please dont tell someone who lives in an environment of cancel culture to go to Wikipedia to learn what culture is.
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by olas24u(f): 5:42pm On Mar 20, 2022
grandstar:

The primary reason why the country imports refined oils boils down to the existence of price controls and the refusal to privatize the government owned refineries. The solution is simple but unpalatable.

Solution is to end petrol subsidies and deregulate the price of petrol. The price of diesel has long been deregulated.

With deregulation, the private sector will have the incentive to set up refineries. The few private refineries in Nigeria only produce diesel because the price is deregulated, that means set by market forces. Nobody will want to refine petrol as long as government fixes the price, especially below market value.

Dangote has already said he would be selling his products at the international price. He also fought for the deregulation of the price of petrol in the recently passed oil and gas bill. The price was supposed to have been deregulated in July this year but because 2023 is an election year, this has been postponed till next year.

However, once Dangotes refinery is up and going, it should satisfy the country's need.
This are textbook theories ,nigeria is not the only oil producing countryn,but the only opec memeber that imports refined products from europe.All this theories applies onlly to Nigeriia right.i dont believe in all what you have written.we have crude ans inport refined products ,we have coacoa and import chocolates ,etc.Same template ,all this theories are not true.You want to create a monoploy from a single producer and refinery and you are writing market economy theories.
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by olas24u(f): 5:43pm On Mar 20, 2022
grandstar:

Do you want to survive or thrive? The only thing that keeps the Mullahs in power in Iran is that the people can't kick them out. Same with North Korea and Venezuela.

I know the pain that my inability to use PayPal is causing me due to PMB's forex controls. Talk less of the damage sanctions such as those heaped on Russia!

If Iran was a democracy, do you think the Mullahs would be in power? Or the rocket man in North Korea or Maduro in Venezuela? They are only interested in holding on to piwer. The welfare of their cotizens comes a distant second.

Putin is a dictator. He has hold on to power for 22 years or so. Under a true democracy, he should have been out after 2 terms.
How many mullahs are in power in iran?they are just supreme leaders in decision making process
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by grandstar(m): 5:55pm On Mar 20, 2022
olas24u:

How many mullahs are in power in iran?they are just supreme leaders in decision making process

They however hold the reins of power. That is uncontestable. The people don't like them but they can't be pushed out.
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by olas24u(f): 5:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
grandstar:

Countries have designed what works for them,democracy is not the best form of government.You make it look like its the only way to develop a country.you design for yourself,your own ways .
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by olas24u(f): 5:59pm On Mar 20, 2022
grandstar:

They however hold the reins of power. That is uncontestable. The people don't like them but they can't be pushed out.
Iran has a democratically elected president, a parliament (or Majlis), an Assembly of Experts (which elects the supreme leader), and local councils. According to the constitution, all candidates running for these positions must be vetted by the Guardian Council before being elected.
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by grandstar(m): 7:05pm On Mar 20, 2022
olas24u:

This are textbook theories ,nigeria is not the only oil producing countryn,but the only opec memeber that imports refined products from europe.All this theories applies onlly to Nigeriia right.i dont believe in all what you have written.we have crude ans inport refined products ,we have coacoa and import chocolates ,etc.Same template ,all this theories are not true.You want to create a monoploy from a single producer and refinery and you are writing market economy theories.

These are not economic theories. I have at some point shopped for foreign investors for people had oil refinery licenses. About 20 were handed out.

I do not support a monopoly. It is essential that the doors, are open for imports so that a monopoly won't arise. Sadly, Dangote has ensured that only those with refining capacity are allowed to import refined fuel when his plant is operational. This is wrong.

Saudi Arabia imports refined oils.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1W10V2

There's nothing wrong in importing chocolates. What's wrong is when a country does not export much. Nigerian exports needs to grow fast, perhaps at 10-20% yearly compounding rate for the next 10 years.
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by grandstar(m): 7:07pm On Mar 20, 2022
olas24u:

Iran has a democratically elected president, a parliament (or Majlis), an Assembly of Experts (which elects the supreme leader), and local councils. According to the constitution, all candidates running for these positions must be vetted by the Guardian Council before being elected.

The democratically elected leaders have as much power as the Mullahs grant them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained / Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO / F-35 Becomes World's First Stealth Fighter To Carry Nuclear Weapons (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.