Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,392 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS (739 Views)

You Catch Your Woman Cheating?, Don’t Fight That Man, Simply Do These 7 Things. / What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? / Lady Confesses To Cheating With 20 Different Guys After Splitting With Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by Nuellavanz96(f): 6:53pm On Mar 20, 2022
When a Nigerian man wants 50:50, he wants 50:50 in only bills. And if you as a woman agree to such, then you are a phool dear.

Let me explain the real 50:50.

1. Bills: 50:50
2. Cooking: 50:50
3. Childcare: 50:50 - when the baby is tender, you stay up this night and he stays up the following night. Yes, just pump breast milk and he will feed the baby.
When it's time for school runs, you take them, and he brings them back, or vice versa. Or you both hire nanny and split the nanny bills 50:50.

4. Domestic chores: split cleaning, laundry, market errands, etc 50:50. Or you hire a housekeeper and split the housekeeper's salary 50:50.

5. Pregnancy: all the money you lose as a result of pregnancy and childbirth, split into 2 and ask him to pay 50%.
For instance, if I was earning $6,000 per month and I got pregnant, and as a result my earnings drop to $3,000, here is the formular:
The cost of pregnancy on your earning is $6,000 - $3,000 = $3,000.
$3,000 divided by 2 = $1,500
He will pay you $1,500 per month.

I know pregnancy and childbirth takes a toll on your body. You can check out prices of cosmetic surgeries and ask him to pay half the total. Afterall, the children that "spoilt" the body belong to BOTH OF YOU. So, he will pay half to fix the body.
Or
You both look for a WILLING surrogate, then pay the surrogate 50:50.

If you look after the kids while he hangs out with the boys this weekend, the following weekend is your turn. He will look after the kids while you hang out with the girls.
Or
You can check if any of the kids' grandparents is willing to look after them for free or for a fee.
Or
You hire nanny and split the nanny bills 50:50.

6. If he draws a prenuptial agreement to secure his assets, make sure you include clauses to secure your own assets too. Don't be silly!

7. If you are doing 50:50, you must contribute 50:50 to any asset you acquire together and include BOTH FULL NAMES.

Alternatively, let him use his money to buy his assets in his name while you use your money to buy your asset in your name.

8. Kids will answer BOTH your names. That's still 50:50.

Dear ladies,
If a man suggests 50:50 to you, lay these terms down for him.

He can't share his own Traditional role with you 50:50 and refuse to share your own Traditional roles with you 50:50. That's bullshitt!

Women need to stop acting naive. It doesn't make you a good woman to allow yourself to be fooled.

PROVISION is the EASIEST thing to do.
If you ask me to choose between pregnancy, childbirth, and primary home keeper VERSUS breadwinner/provider, I'll choose breadwinner/provider. It's much more easier.

The women of my generation seem to be making as much or more money than their male counterparts.
Check out Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. More than 70% of the successful businesses there are being run by women.
Women of my generation are buying houses, lands, cars and even building for their parents.

If money is all you have to offer as a man, you are close to USE_LESSS.

I do NOT think 50:50 can work in marriage. Someone will get shortchanged, and it's almost always the woman.

Do I like the 50:50 arrangement in marriage? ABSOLUTELY NO!
Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by Authority1o1(m): 7:21pm On Mar 20, 2022
Okay...

By invoking the word 'infidel', you underscored the desired angle which you'd like the argument to take: the old, rugged biblical angle.

And you'd win – at least it would seem – but only in the premise that one's understanding of 1 Timothy 5:6 is mutually correspondent to his acceptability of the peculiarities of the biblical era.

Attempting to haughtily summarize the role of the man to only moneymaking doesn't just give you off as one who represses truth, but aslo as one who would parallely have such misconception imposed on the thinking faculty of the impressionable.

Moneymaking, as that is what you want 'provide' to mean in your context, may have been the total responsibility of the man in the time of old. But would you say that moneymaking was the only thing that the man did in the family in those days and even today? Is the role of the head of the family that robotic?

What about the energy he expends in raising the children? In assisting the woman in homekeeping, he shares in the domestic affair and all these, without thinking of being manipulated and used, as would a contemporary woman.

Unlike then, women did not brawl with men over equality. But as soon as women became interested in being considered equal with men, they inadvertently signed the clause for equality in financial provisions. As cliched as this sounds, it's still valid.

Moreso, as a woman in a marriage who earns money, where would your money be channeled to? No man has ever been said to pursue the wife out of the home to go and make money, but as long as she earns money, it should be spent on familial provisions just as the man spends his.

And that would not nullify her domestic roles, as it has not nullified the fatherly roles played by the man, which infact spans across what you listed.

2 Likes

Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On Mar 20, 2022
Authority1o1:
Okay...

By invoking the word 'infidel', you underscored the desired angle which you'd like the argument to take: the old, rugged biblical angle.

And you'd win – at least it would seem – , but only in the premise that one's understanding of 1 Timothy 5:6 is mutually correspondent to his acceptability of the peculiarities of the biblical era.
Abeg Sharrapova dear! undecided

1 Like

Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 20, 2022
Your opinion is valid, but it's wiser to rather address intentions rather than logics.

When a man suggest splitting the bill 50:50, he's merely asking: are you financially independent?

That doesn't mean down the line, there wouldn't be moments of compromise. That's where love, communication and understanding become vital in every relationship.

It's not always a straight line.

2 Likes

Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by AwesomeDuru(m): 7:47pm On Mar 20, 2022
Then, let me be an infidel!

4 Likes

Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Mar 20, 2022
HenryDion:
Your opinion is valid, but it's wiser to rather address intentions rather than logics.

When a man suggest splitting the bill 50:50, he's merely asking: are you financially independent?

That doesn't mean down the line, there wouldn't be moments of compromise. That's where love, communication and understanding become vital in every relationship.
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by Biglittlelois(f): 8:16pm On Mar 20, 2022
HenryDion:

They don dey change mouth small small cheesy
E say the line nor straight, e curve small cheesy

Very predictable lots, when faced with valid logical points, they sha must look for a way around it to justify their usual nonsense lmao grin

2 Likes

Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by Moeman: 9:13pm On Mar 20, 2022
ok we have heard
Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 20, 2022
Biglittlelois:

Very predictable lots, when faced with valid logical points, they sha must look for a way around it to justify their usual nonsense lmao grin
grin cheesy
Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by toujurs: 7:34pm On May 06, 2022
Biglittlelois:

You are toxic, na why you single. As boring and shy as you are. You better grow up undecided. Your mates would leave you behind, continue proving baseless points with small girls. Mumu angry

1 Like

Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by Nyascobar1414: 7:41pm On May 06, 2022
See this olosho wey no even fine sef... Dey get hope make person come marry am carry all her problems...

What a shame..

1 Like

Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by Wallade(m): 7:42pm On May 06, 2022
Nuellavanz96:
When a Nigerian man wants 50:50, he wants 50:50 in only bills. And if you as a woman agree to such, then you are a phool dear.

Try to marry a man who would not share bills with you.
Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by Wallade(m): 7:43pm On May 06, 2022
Biglittlelois:

Try to marry a man who will not share bills with you.
Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by Theboy21: 7:53pm On May 06, 2022
Who take the Words of a Nigerian feminist serious cheesy cheesy Just marry yourself keep the 100% as yall are known to be the most selfish creatures cheesy cheesy If this one see war she no want hear 50:50 talk cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by youngcizzy(m): 8:02pm On May 06, 2022
You are very funny , see as you Dey run mouth yen yen yen yen .

Do you think those successful women flaunting wealth made it without soiling their body or hands ? Or you think there are no men behind the scenes footing their bills ? You think they made those money from selling stuffs online .

There is nothing like an independent woman , the riches of that “independent woman” you imagine comes from the lust and lack of control from billionaire men who foot their bills , connect them with associates and so on .

But men will have to suffer from scratch, lick the toes those billionaires and face rejection and disappointment before climbing to the top and when they finally arrive there , they seek for a younger or middle aged lady to lavish their wealth on , thus filling the society with women you call “independent”

The least you can do as a wife is to support your husband financially if you can , drop that mindset of everything 50:50 .
Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by Nazgul: 8:37pm On May 06, 2022
Biglittlelois:

You misunderstood his submission.

Nigerians (Africans) are groomed from their parents houses that chores are for girls, while provision is for men.

That's why you see some girls who are students living with their brothers and while they do his chores, he would assist her with school fees and other emergency fees their parents can't come up.

This senierio plays out in most African marriages, the man struggles to sustain the family financially while the wife supports with the domestic work.

But that doesn't mean that the man can't engage in school run if he's free, or even cook, likewise the woman, she can always assist financially when she feels the financial budern is so much on her husband.

Truth is there will always be compromise to such rules in a home where love exists. The man will always want to surprise his wife by making romantic breakfast or dinner while the wife will always want to support him with her finances regardless of whatever rules they both agreed on before marriage.

Any marriage that has rules followed strictly like what the op is advocating for has been drained of love.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by Elonmusk1: 10:04pm On May 06, 2022
Nuellavanz96:

Let me explain the real 50:50.

1. Bills: 50:50
2. Cooking: 50:50
3. Childcare: 50:50 - when the baby is tender, you stay up this night and he stays up the following night. Yes, just pump breast milk and he will feed the baby.
When it's time for school runs, you take them, and he brings them back, or vice versa. Or you both hire nanny and split the nanny bills 50:50.

4. Domestic chores: split cleaning, laundry, market errands, etc 50:50. Or you hire a housekeeper and split the housekeeper's salary 50:50.

5. Pregnancy: all the money you lose as a result of pregnancy and childbirth, split into 2 and ask him to pay 50%.
For instance, if I was earning $6,000 per month and I got pregnant, and as a result my earnings drop to $3,000, here is the formular:
The cost of pregnancy on your earning is $6,000 - $3,000 = $3,000.
$3,000 divided by 2 = $1,500
He will pay you $1,500 per month.

I know pregnancy and childbirth takes a toll on your body. You can check out prices of cosmetic surgeries and ask him to pay half the total. Afterall, the children that "spoilt" the body belong to BOTH OF YOU. So, he will pay half to fix the body.
Or
You both look for a WILLING surrogate, then pay the surrogate 50:50.

If you look after the kids while he hangs out with the boys this weekend, the following weekend is your turn. He will look after the kids while you hang out with the girls.
Or
You can check if any of the kids' grandparents is willing to look after them for free or for a fee.
Or
You hire nanny and split the nanny bills 50:50.

6. If he draws a prenuptial agreement to secure his assets, make sure you include clauses to secure your own assets too. Don't be silly!

7. If you are doing 50:50, you must contribute 50:50 to any asset you acquire together and include BOTH FULL NAMES.

Alternatively, let him use his money to buy his assets in his name while you use your money to buy your asset in your name.

8. Kids will answer BOTH your names. That's still 50:50.

Dear ladies,
If a man suggests 50:50 to you, lay these terms down for him.

He can't share his own Traditional role with you 50:50 and refuse to share your own Traditional roles with you 50:50. That's bullshitt!

Women need to stop acting naive. It doesn't make you a good woman to allow yourself to be fooled.

PROVISION is the EASIEST thing to do.
If you ask me to choose between pregnancy, childbirth, and primary home keeper VERSUS breadwinner/provider, I'll choose breadwinner/provider. It's much more easier.

The women of my generation seem to be making as much or more money than their male counterparts.
Check out Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. More than 70% of the successful businesses there are being run by women.
Women of my generation are buying houses, lands, cars and even building for their parents.

If money is all you have to offer as a man, you are close to USE_LESSS.

I do NOT think 50:50 can work in marriage. Someone will get shortchanged, and it's almost always the woman.

well,I think only lack of focus,slavery and selfishness will make a man think this way,sometimes I look at some legends far and around me and then I look at my dad and think,if they ever had time to think of childish things like this,will they ever be successful?no,a man/woman who does not take responsibility of the society at large will have actually the time to be splitting bills with his/her spouse.
Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 06, 2022
Take out surrogacy and I'll accept your terms undecided....

I honestly don't fancy another woman carrying my child when I already have a wife undecided....

And also...
They'll be nothing like "bride price" too...
The bills for the Marriage/Wedding will be split too...
The marriage list and knocking expenditure will also be split grin...

And also in case of a divorce, nothing like alimony and child support will also be split in half undecided....
Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by Nonexisting: 10:17pm On May 06, 2022
Hypocrisy of the dog fuccking gender. See entitlement mentality everywhere in the post. Mtchew
Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by Biglittlelois(f): 1:29pm On May 09, 2022
Wallade:

Try to marry a man who will not share bills with you.

I will.

1 Like

Re: Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS by Biglittlelois(f): 1:31pm On May 09, 2022
toujurs:
You are toxic, na why you single. As boring and shy as you are. You better grow up undecided. Your mates would leave you behind, continue proving baseless points with small girls. Mumu angry

Reason why I ignore most of you here is you are all uncouth and vile, I don't understand why the mods refuse to ban most of you who are very quick to insult others unprovoked.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Have U Ever Woo A Nigerian Celebrity Before How Does It Goes / I Never Knew Things Would Be This Hard. / Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.