Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) (23687 Views)

Woman & Lawyer Dad Recreate Childhood Picture With Dad After She's Called To Bar / Meet Hafsah Dauda Visually Impaired Lady Who Against All Odds Was Called To Bar / Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by dre11(m): 4:49am On Mar 21, 2022
By Oluwakemi Adelagun

Julius Odupitan, a lawyer who was called to the Nigerian Bar at 76, was buried in Atan Cemetery in Lagos on Thursday.

He passed away in 2021 at the age of 89.

Popularly called ‘Baba Ayu’ (Baba and you) by his classmates, he started his journey to the legal field in the 1990s at the Lagos State University (LASU).

The journey to achieving his lifelong profession was tough due to his poor family background.

When he was much younger, his father who couldn’t afford a formal education sent him to his uncle who was a motor mechanic, to be his apprentice.

This development made the deceased unhappy yet he remained determined.

Mr Odupitan eventually found his way to Lagos, became a typist, and worked in the public and private sectors.

In 1962, he went to Britain and took up employment with the British Board of Trade and the National Health Insurance Scheme.

Legal journey

In Britain, he attended the Balham and Toothing College, London, and became a chartered secretary.

In the late 1960s, he tried to gain admission into one of the Inns of the Court of London but the plan failed.

He returned home to take employment with the Lagos State Civil Service, where he rose to the rank of a Principal Auditor in 1991 and retired at 59.

But he was unfulfilled, he had to pursue his lifelong ambition, so, he enrolled for GCE and applied for a Diploma-in-Law programme at LASU in the late 1990s.

After the completion of his Diploma programme, he enrolled in the 1999/2000 session for the Bachelor of Law and graduated in the 2006/2007 session.

He was called to the bar on November 18, 2008, and enrolled as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.

Again, his tenacity and diligence paid off after he was appointed a Notary Public by the Chief Justice of Nigeria, seven years after he was called to the bar.

According to his classmate, he stood out because of his smart outlook.

“After we had written our final Bar exam, Baba Ayu turned to me: ” Ogun, now I can die!”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/518183-man-who-was-called-to-bar-at-76-buried-in-lagos.html

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by AbdulAffiliate(m): 5:06am On Mar 21, 2022
Rest on

2 Likes

Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by tillaman(m): 5:06am On Mar 21, 2022
Rip
He died fulfilling his dreams, No tyranny or circumstance(s) can permanently imprison a determined will

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by Golan007: 5:59am On Mar 21, 2022
I dig his commitment.

Rest on papa.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by backnbeta(f): 6:13am On Mar 21, 2022
He died at 89, he was also able to fulfill his dream of becoming a barrister...every death is painful, but I'm happy he lived his dreams. May God grant him eternal rest.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by illicit(m): 12:46pm On Mar 21, 2022
I want to be the last president of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by Odidigboigbo(m): 12:52pm On Mar 21, 2022
RIP, what matter most that he fulfill his dream. He died as a fulfilled man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:52pm On Mar 21, 2022
May God grant him an eternal rest and comfort the bereaved family.
Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by dkdmy: 12:52pm On Mar 21, 2022
A time to be born and a time to die! Everybody’s time will come

1 Like

Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by IrepChrist: 12:53pm On Mar 21, 2022
Dream fulfilled
Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by Spanki(f): 12:53pm On Mar 21, 2022

1 Like

Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by omoadeleye(m): 12:54pm On Mar 21, 2022
At least he achieved his life goal
Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by nedubrazil111(m): 12:54pm On Mar 21, 2022
This man read that year. Funny I was talking to a young person recently about him. How he passed the bar at that age when young people with "fresh heads" failed. Rest in peace sir cry

SRC Chairman
Class of 08
Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by rocknation62(m): 12:54pm On Mar 21, 2022
According to his classmate, he stood out because of his smart outlook.

“After we had written our final Bar exam, Baba Ayu turned to me: ” Ogun, now I can die!”

He was fulfilled after achieving his dreams

GOD BLESS THE DEAD

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by Golan007: 12:56pm On Mar 21, 2022
illicit:
I want to be the last president of Nigeria

Not all dreams are possible.

1 Like

Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by ATEAMS: 12:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
Oyyana
Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by Osashalom: 12:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
Thyname:
So sad
What is so sad here? Did you read the post?

1 Like

Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by abduly4: 12:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by vuvaqatevi: 12:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
Contact us for your business name registration CAC
Check my profile for more information
Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 12:58pm On Mar 21, 2022
RIP
Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by emmabest2000(m): 12:59pm On Mar 21, 2022
13 after

He died happily

Re: Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) by Lanretoye(m): 12:59pm On Mar 21, 2022
What a life...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: How To Write A Good Job Application Letter! / One Legged Bus Conductor In Lagos (Photos, Video) / Supreme Court Voids Mobil’s Sack Of 860 Nigerian Staff, 18 Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.