Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? (16761 Views)

Employees That Slept With Their Bosses, How Did It End? / 7 Types Of Bosses In Nigeria's Corporate Outfits / Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Usair: 9:03am On Mar 22, 2022
#HorribleBosses is currently treading on Twitter.

I woke up to a couple of horrible bosses experiences on Twitter. Some experiences are unimaginable in saner climes but as you all know in Nigeria anything goes.

My experience with working with a horrible boss is quite interesting.

1. My boss has cameras in every office in the building including lunchroom. There are audio listening devices in some offices too. undecided

2. He can fire you without a query or a termination letter. cheesy

3. All the fair skinned fine chicks in the building belongs to him, you don't want to get caught over fraternising with them. cool

4. He gets really pissed when it is time to pay salaries. One time, he tore the payroll. He says he would have shutdown the Company but because he doesn't want us to loose out jobs.

Add yours.

If you ever resigned to protect your mental health, you are not a coward. You were never a failure. You are bold to choose a better life for yourself.
Congratulations warrior, you survived �
#horriblebosses. Copied

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by kernniejay(m): 9:21am On Mar 22, 2022
He always becomes a saddist at end of each month, he will make sure his staff salary are not complete by finding a fault to deduct salary, he gets annoyed by every little thing and even quarrel with contractors because he is never happy to pay them. Finally, he felt humiliated by the manner I left the shop he called a company and framed me up for theft.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Usair: 9:30am On Mar 22, 2022
Wow...one thing my boss has thought me is "How not to run a Company".

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Usair: 9:31am On Mar 22, 2022
kernniejay:
He always becomes a saddist at end of each month, he will make sure his staff salary are not complete by finding a fault to deduct salary, he gets annoyed by every little thing and even quarrel with contractors because he is never happy to pay them. Finally, he felt humiliated by the manner I left the shop he called a company and framed me up for theft.

Yeah...they feel bad when they loose a loyal employee.

31 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 22, 2022
NIGERIA has truly got loads of terrible bosses.
One shouldn't be surprised because a rotten society is always the architect of those therein.
And these people end up in offices too.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Giffted(m): 5:58pm On Mar 22, 2022
super story indeed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Nova1988(m): 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2022
fortunately I'm a day trader, I trade assets on the financial markets like crypto, futures, stocks, forex and indices. so I don't have a toxic/saddist boss to boss me around tell me what to do. grin
all thanks to Allah!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by nkemoma(m): 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2022
Any organization that is designed in a way that your immediate boss is like a demigod in your career and has 100% control over your appraisal, promotions and growth is thrash..... only few Bosses have such powers and don't expect you to suck their balls or kiss their asses!

I had these set of bosses... They were the most useless set anyone could wish for.

My immediate Line Manager was a dunce and because of this he was kissing his bosses ass too often. Worse of it all, he expected all under him to be an ass kisser like he was.

Imagine a corporate multinational where your boss expects you to lie down and beg? For what?? I kneel and prostrate to God alone ntori Oloun

My 2nd line Manager became a HOD when he never expected it and it got into his head. He was quite young and full of himself and believed in the divide and rule system.

Long story short. Those fools came into a team that had been running smoothly for a decade and messed the whole department up. In a space of 2 years over 6 people lost their jobs..

A bad manager can take a good team and frustrate the good hands on the team.

Gbenga and Jaji, Oluwa will continue to punish you both till infinity.

Amen!

43 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Dreal1247: 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2022
Working under anyman to me is slavery. I value my freedom and like acting independently. Try to get yourself established and build your own financial empire. How can you make a million plus for someone in a month and be paid less than ten percent of it. Yet you get surcharged for the least offence, no job security, and at times, you receive the bullies you never imagine. Be your own BOSS MAN, and you will always be happy. Though it is risky.

13 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Whothecapfits: 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2022
No Job, Not to talk of Boss attitude

4 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Articul8(m): 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2022
Which one be horrible again.Is it different from the toxic bosses thing?

1 Like

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by NotKnown: 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2022
Time to read lies from people now.

Grabs pop corn

2 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by nedubrazil111(m): 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2022
the story is plenty

1 Like

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by 3idiots: 6:00pm On Mar 22, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by vr0xen: 6:00pm On Mar 22, 2022
grin grin grin trig point hotel nibo,though ogbuefi was a good man but small rolland the manager was something else let me stop here

7 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Iceiscold: 6:00pm On Mar 22, 2022
Following
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by GoodBoi1(m): 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
Reading
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Mindlog: 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
Most Nigerian workers are really going through a lot to earn their living.

13 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by DropsMic(m): 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
following
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by drlucky17: 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
I hate tribalistic bosses they are usually highly sentimental

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by TRUSTEDGUY: 6:02pm On Mar 22, 2022
They are everywhere skinning innocent employees alive

1 Like

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by mactoni91(m): 6:02pm On Mar 22, 2022
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by harmargedon: 6:02pm On Mar 22, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by tommy589(m): 6:02pm On Mar 22, 2022
None
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Goldbw122(m): 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
Hmm
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Akinsete19(m): 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
Those days at my PPA at Lagos Secretariat. We were always sent on errands like errand boys. If you refuse to go on errands, you will not be given your monthly clearance or you will be witch hunt. Corpers doing eyes service doesn't help the matter also.

I also notice the workers there are myopic. There are struck with the past. To them, your successful life will be based on how soon you graduate from University.

4 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Timagex(m): 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
My nysc PPA show us pepper that year. There was a time we planned to go and ask for our allowance. The plan was that the eight of us will go and then, two of the males will speak. smiley

I led the way. cool We entered the office and the big chested guy that has the biggest mouth suddenly became dumb. cheesy He started sweating from the leg upwards! grin grin In a bid to save us from embarrassment, I opened my mouth and the director asked me if my lesson note was complete! undecided lesson note that was not even 30% up to date. grin

He asked us to leave his office, but, we stood our ground. Then, he stood up, went to a shelf and brought out something that looks like........ shocked shocked shocked shocked

Watch out for part 2. grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Saintdan0421(m): 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
No be person wey get job fess, na in go get horrible boss.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Memphis357(m): 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
The current President of Nigeria is one horrible boss.

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Hate Being Broke- What Skill Can I Learn Today? / Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy / Zenith Bank New Salary Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.