Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,104 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" (6438 Views)

Uneasy Calm In SSS Over ‘hurried Promotion’ Of Marilyn Ogar, Others / Massob Give 48hrs Ultimatum To SSS Over Detained Leader / Breaking News Ibrahim Shekarau Arrested By Sss Over Sponsorship Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by bioye(m): 9:28am On Jul 05, 2011
^
wegga:

If El Rufai is ever to be detained or arraigned in court, it should be after same has been done to EVERY single one of our 'lawmakers' and their ilk,
It's interesting how everyone keeps taking a shot at lawmakers as if they are the only ones that handle public funds.
Remember, everyone in public office should be answerable to the people most especially the civil servants who might be the most corrupt and yet are the least bothered.
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by wegga(m): 9:37am On Jul 05, 2011
It is a widely known truth that there is corruption in the civil service, but who is suppossed to prevent this? I'll tell you; The higher ups, the 'lawmakers' are there as a check to make sure that there are rules\laws that ensure everyone 'behaves' themselves, but they're to busy 'enjoying' their posh homes and fast cars to bother with their 'real' jobs!!!! moreover, when our leaders are eating in the millions why wouldn't he common man hustle for the thousands!!!!!
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by wegga(m): 10:00am On Jul 05, 2011
I'm reading that El Rufai is to be let go and no charges are going to be pressed. well i guess this is enough proof, he ain't lying!!!!!
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by bioye(m): 10:13am On Jul 05, 2011
wegga:

It is a widely known truth that there is corruption in the civil service, but who is suppossed to prevent this? I'll tell you; The higher ups, the 'lawmakers' are there as a check to make sure that there are rules\laws that ensure everyone 'behaves' themselves, but they're to busy 'enjoying' their posh homes and fast cars to bother with their 'real' jobs!!!! moreover, when our leaders are eating in the millions why wouldn't he common man hustle for the thousands!!!!!

I don't think you know what you are saying. There are already enough laws to prosecute corrupt civil servants. It's up to the government, EFCC, and ICPC to shine the light on these folks. But rather they prefer to focus on political oppositions. Hence the biggest thieves go free and people like El-Rufai who have engendered unprecedented development are hounded. Besides, Bankole as Speaker was very active in the fight against corruption. Under Bankole, the House of Reps carried out the power probe, ensured return of over a trillion naira of unspent funds from ministrieds and exposed trillions of unremitted funds by government agencies. Bankole was also very vocal about the level of corruption among civil servants and the fact that NNPC has no record of oil revenue for 40 years!

However, instead of the government following up on these cues, they ended up arresting him simply because he failed to back the President's candidate for Speaker. Lawmakers are not the problem of this country. In fact, they are one of the least corrupt bodies in this country.
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by wegga(m): 10:48am On Jul 05, 2011
bioye:

I don't think you know what you are saying. There are already enough laws to prosecute corrupt civil servants. It's up to the government, EFCC, and ICPC to shine the light on these folks. But rather they prefer to focus on political oppositions. Hence the biggest thieves go free and people like El-Rufai who have engendered unprecedented development are hounded. Besides, Bankole as Speaker was very active in the fight against corruption. Under Bankole, the House of Reps carried out the power probe, ensured return of over a trillion naira of unspent funds from ministrieds and exposed trillions of unremitted funds by government agencies. Bankole was also very vocal about the level of corruption among civil servants and the fact that NNPC has no record of oil revenue for 40 years!

However, instead of the government following up on these cues, they ended up arresting him simply because he failed to back the President's candidate for Speaker. Lawmakers are not the problem of this country. In fact, they are one of the least corrupt bodies in this country.
You are arguing my point!! why should El Rufai be proescuted when there are dozens more out there still corrupt. and the fact that we can cite some people who do their jobs doesn't make spending millions on housing allowance and car allowance!!! do you know some Nigerians sleep on the street? and i don't mean metaphorically!!! i have seen it with my own two eyes, a woman and her young child sleeping on cartons on the street!! how can our house members even pass bills allocating millions to themselves in good conscience in the same country where a woman and her child don't have a roof over their heads?? lets wake up people!! because some of us have access to the net at home and we can afford our monthly BIS charges dosn't mean everything is 'kosher', how many congressmen in the USA can afford to do what our leaders do? we have lower rep members that are ricer than U.S Senators, So is that to say Nigeria has more money to spend than one of the world powers? Lets face it, how much can the DG of one of our Govt Agencies possibly steal?? now compare that with the figures that we hear our senators and Reps casually throwing around on the few occassions they get caught!!! Don't get me started on the Governors!!!! You should consider these before rushing to the defence of our 'poor', 'misinterpreted' leaders,
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by wegga(m): 11:06am On Jul 05, 2011
Sorry peeps, totally got carried away on that one nd forgot to spellcheck. Excuse ma omissions etc,
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by bioye(m): 11:33am On Jul 05, 2011
wegga:

You are arguing my point!! why should El Rufai be proescuted when there are dozens more out there still corrupt. and the fact that we can cite some people who do their jobs doesn't make spending millions on housing allowance and car allowance!!! do you know some Nigerians sleep on the street? and i don't mean metaphorically!!! i have seen it with my own two eyes, a woman and her young child sleeping on cartons on the street!! how can our house members even pass bills allocating millions to themselves in good conscience in the same country where a woman and her child don't have a roof over their heads?? lets wake up people!! because some of us have access to the net at home and we can afford our monthly BIS charges dosn't mean everything is 'kosher', how many congressmen in the USA can afford to do what our leaders do? we have lower rep members that are ricer than U.S Senators, So is that to say Nigeria has more money to spend than one of the world powers? Lets face it, how much can the DG of one of our Govt Agencies possibly steal?? now compare that with the figures that we hear our senators and Reps casually throwing around on the few occassions they get caught!!! Don't get me started on the Governors!!!! You should consider these before rushing to the defence of our 'poor', 'misinterpreted' leaders,

I am not defending any poor leader. But it is obvious that you are quite uninformed about how corrupt American Politicians and Nigerian Civil Servants are. Simply because you are ignorant of the facts doesn't mean it doesn't exist. However, despite your naivety, I am quite confident that sooner or later you will come to grips with the reality of it all. Good luck on that.
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by wegga(m): 12:08pm On Jul 05, 2011
I simply am not getting through? or you're just being Obstinate?
THERE WILL ALWAYS BE CORRUPTION!!!!!!!!
we don't care if civil servants steal 750k or 2.5M!!!!
But what affects us is when our country has to BORROW millions to feed the excesses of your precious leaders!!!!!!!!!
When a senator can spend 2.5M on something as frivolous as a potrait!!!!!!!
And about the American Politicans, Do you know that they still use public transportation Over there Governors and Mayors have actual DAY JOBS.
They put their presidents on trial For crying out loud!! so don'tcome talking crap to m about corruption!!! or are you involved?? whats it to you?
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by deluxecad(m): 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2011
Mr. el Rufai just said his mind, Freedom of Expression, but next time he should get his facts and figures right.
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by Pukkah: 9:19pm On Jul 05, 2011
What a pointless and hasty arrest. The security goons need to get their acts together.
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by Azikiwe86: 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2011
It seems pretty clear that El-Rufai expects this kind of thing, and that the breath of fresh air is anything but. He knows he rocked the boats of the wrong people and it will be coming back to bite him for a long while yet. Like he says:“The Nigerian elite don’t forget insults."
This has sullied Nigeria's standing in the eyes of other countries when it was just beginning to improve.

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/el-rufai-%E2%80%9Cunder-jonathan-country-will-grind-halt%E2%80%9D
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by OBIPLUS(m): 11:39am On Oct 10, 2020
Had it been all this energy is channel to provision of good governance with Zero corruption, roads, standard packaged welfare for citizens, employment, security, agriculture for food abundance, low cost of items etc rather they are witch hunting and fighting eachother which the major cause is sharing of loot, power. We are not just making progress as a nation. God will help us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onitsha-Enugu Road Looking Brand New With Street Lights (Picture) / Read Enugu State Governor’s Acceptance Speech After His Re-election / Nigeria Repositioning Economy To Attract More Dutch Investment – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.