Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

"i Watched As My Husband Was Killed And Burnt" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "i Watched As My Husband Was Killed And Burnt" (742 Views)

‘my Husband Is Gay, He Masturbates In My Presence’ – Former Minister’s Daughter / How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain / I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"i Watched As My Husband Was Killed And Burnt" by empexy(m): 10:11am On Jul 02, 2011
A widow, Veronica Ejiofor, resident of Azare in Bauchi State, said on Friday that she watched “helplessly” as her husband of 19 years was being killed and his corpse burnt to ashes. 

She was testifying at the public sitting of the post election violence committee, headed by its Chairman, Dr Ahmed Lemu.

Ejiofor narrated how on April 18, before the release of the result of the presidential election, her husbandordered her to vacate the children and relocate to the Azare Divisional Police Headquarters, when irate youths were chanting war songs.

She said that she immediately relocated to the police barracks in a car, while her husband, who was driving another car, ran into a group of irate youths.

She said her husband, who was driving toward the police barracks, made an attempt to escape, but the irate youths got hold of him, stabbed him to death, before burning his corpse to ashes.

“After killing my husband, who they nicknamed Dan-Azare, because he was born in the area, they put tyres on his neck and set him on fire,” she said. “My children and I became helpless.They later went to our house and set it ablaze in spite of the presence of policemen.

We took refuge at the police station. The policemen failed to quell the riot, while the youths set bonfire at the entrance of the station, with the policemen watching.”

The widow suggested that the security of the area should be taken over by mobile police officers and soldiers.

Several women that were present at the panel broke down into tears as the visibly traumatised widow recounted her story.

In May, Daily Times had reported about Mrs. Joy Anozie, who till date has yet to find her husband, who went missing during the post-election violence, also in Bauchi.

[url]http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/%E2%80%98i-watched-my-husband-was-killed-and-burnt%E2%80%99[/url]
Re: "i Watched As My Husband Was Killed And Burnt" by AspySuspy: 10:50am On Jul 02, 2011
Sorry o.
The will of God.
Re: "i Watched As My Husband Was Killed And Burnt" by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 02, 2011
I believe that justice will soon be brought on those wicked goats.
Re: "i Watched As My Husband Was Killed And Burnt" by Dansy(f): 11:47am On Jul 02, 2011
I weep for this country. A country that has police officers watching her citizen being killed.The land is cursed. The blood of these people are crying to God for justice. I pray that God will console this woman. My heart bleed, i cry nobody to console me.Many life have been wasted as a result of one nigeria. Must we kill ourselves in the name of one nigeria?
Re: "i Watched As My Husband Was Killed And Burnt" by dempeople(m): 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2011
Not long ago, I was till expecting a SNC to salvage what we have as One Nigeria but after some careful critical thoughts for sometime now, I now passionately campaign for a split of the country - SNC or not.

Its about time. For other people like me who held on to SNC, its about time to look past the SNC. We are all tired of living within the same country with such animals up North.

angry
Re: "i Watched As My Husband Was Killed And Burnt" by houvest: 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2011
What a sad story? What a horrid act?

(1) (Reply)

Our Adverts Reveal Our Warped Values / On The Casualties At The U.n. Building Bombing In Abuja [atleast 150 People Were / Sanusi For Presdent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.