Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,265 members, 7,860,616 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:19 PM

Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area (21626 Views)

Lagos Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Churches, Mosques & Event Centres / Saraki Shines As Atiku Campaigns In Lagos, Gives Lagosians 'Shaku' / Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by babadee1(m): 10:35am On Mar 24, 2022
treamabenh:
If they have homes they won’t be crashing under the Bridge na, the government have failed the people, everyone in government knows they’re a big failure, it’s their egos that won’t allow them admit.

If they don't have homes then they should go to their villages. The city life is not for everybody. Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria and by far the most highly populated. Space is very very limited.
Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:53am On Mar 24, 2022
Dreal1247:
Mr hardluck has attracted Government quitnotice for the neighbours.

Wallai grin
Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by seanwilliam(m): 11:00am On Mar 24, 2022
Kenturkey048:

That was what I did ooh.I won't say I am stupid sha...Because have been running transactions with Kenyans and Senegalese. I send them money first. And we don't have an issue...

But I never knew a woman with children could be this cruel...
first you’re very wrong to send money to anyone first regardless of how trustworthy they seem to be, I believe you resell the funds to Kenyans mostly , do those Kenyans pay you first ? No. I’m sure they pay you after you send them funds and they successfully cashout. You’re a vendor nah ..

Countless numbers of time, strange numbers will text me that they got my number through referral and start offering me mouth watering deals ( like 1000$ and above ) and ask me to pay first , that they’re scared of being scammed , you know what I tell them ? I’ll ask them to start with 20$ First and gradually we can build the trust from there. They will say no they can’t even send 1$ first , some might even bring idea of escrow, my brother, don’t fall for it.. I’ll just stop replying.

I’ve been a vendor for 5 years , I know the INs and OUTs.
Also be careful of Kenyans and Chinese.. I was burnt .

And finally , women pull scams the most, only a simp will see women as angels
Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by goody234: 11:57am On Mar 24, 2022
Awon ode all under bridges in lagos state should be closed off to illegal entry ...dont they know it is a security risk ? this country and mediocrity it baffles me we are not serious as a country i swear just childish things we do

1 Like

Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by Idiko1: 12:04pm On Mar 24, 2022
I do not know what to make of Nigeria. What the hell is the governor of Lagos State doing in a firefighting suit? Is he a firefighter? Every day, one fool will create a dumb act for Nigeria.
Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by olawonder(m): 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2022
Only when disaster comes that’s when they see issues to solve! Thousands of ppl working under states and local govts as civil servants, what exactly do they do on a daily basis?

When accidents like this happen, many ppl supposed lose their jobs! There must be records that show who carried out inspections of govts infrastructure, when were the inspections done last and what were the reports about. Even in the eras of military govts there used to be such ppl and efficiency in govt was a lot better than what we hv today. Everyone in govt today is lazy, corrupt and too ignorant… all they care about is money! money!! money!!!

1 Like

Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by naptu2: 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
Idiko1:
I do not know what to make of Nigeria. What the hell is the governor of Lagos State doing in a firefighting suit? Is he a firefighter? Every day, one fool will create a dumb act for Nigeria.

Good God in heaven! Where did you see the governor in a firefighting suit??

1 Like

Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by GloriousGbola: 12:32pm On Mar 24, 2022
naptu2:

Watchu talking bout Willis?

Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by Idiko1: 12:39pm On Mar 24, 2022
naptu2:

You are a typical Nigerian!!!!!
Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by naptu2: 12:40pm On Mar 24, 2022
Idiko1:

You are a typical Nigerian!!!!!

Ah! OK, so your comment wasn't based on facts. You were just trolling. Got it.

1 Like

Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by IamAtikulate: 12:41pm On Mar 24, 2022
A typical Yoruba man will rent out his one room inheritance to an Igbo man to live under the bridge just to answer a landlord.

In two to three years, the Igbo man will leave the one room to rent one to two bedroom flat.

In ten years, the Igbo man will be leaving in his house while our accommodator will now be leaving in the one room with a random girl he impregnated without paying her bride price.

Every night he would login to Nairaland to claim who he is not or insults innocent Igbos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by naptu2: 1:43pm On Mar 24, 2022
This is the head of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Dr Femi Oke-Osayintolu. I don't think that he has ever been elected to the position of governor of Lagos. Furthermore, he is not wearing a firefighting suit. What he is wearing is a LASEMA safety suit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY_KN3wCHhI
Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by Sleekfingers: 2:47pm On Mar 24, 2022
naptu2:

https://lagosstate.gov.ng/blog/2022/03/23/eko-bridge-fire-outbreak-lagos-gives-squatters-48-hours-notice-to-vacate-area/?fbclid=IwAR06ORZFSf5MBZaI5okzPFOiAZ7ILZKCLUTqaEEAkexG8yEoTaRghg_XAsE

Mr. Gbenga Oyerinde, Special Adviser on CBD (in red strip cap) and other officials during the visit to the scene of the fire incident at Apongbon.

Medicine after death....were they blind before? Is it appropriate to be selling at that place ? Those idiots have been selling there for decades. Na now una eyes open abi?

1 Like

Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by Sleekfingers: 3:33pm On Mar 24, 2022
treamabenh:
If they have homes they won’t be crashing under the Bridge na, the government have failed the people, everyone in government knows they’re a big failure, it’s their egos that won’t allow them admit.

Na by force to stay in lagos? They can go to their village na, or go to another state .....lagos is not a dumping ground......

As a matter of fact, I will send Sanwo olu a message on Twitter......to do something about those people selling and sleeping under the bridges. Especially ojuelegba, iganmu, etc.
Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by Sleekfingers: 3:34pm On Mar 24, 2022
UselessBuharist:
Vacate to where na, I guess to other areas to begin crime.

To their village na.
Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by Sleekfingers: 3:35pm On Mar 24, 2022
Reference:
Mega city indeed.
How can you 'mega lift' a city with a poverty rate (<$6.00/day) of 92 percent.
This is the result.
The wanton abuse of the environment and wanton destruction of infrastructure.
We still do not have the wisdom to link poverty to under development.

What is the meaning of a mega city?
Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by Sleekfingers: 3:37pm On Mar 24, 2022
caprini1:
More Bridge traffic robberies to increase again....Find alternatives for them ,before throwing them out to cause mayhems.

Na lagos state government bring them to lagos? Alternative ko, alternagive ni......
Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by Sparrk007(m): 4:07pm On Mar 24, 2022
After them go say lagos the Dubai of naija but Las las na under bridge them dey sleep,,, like Yoruba like big mouth..
Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by caprini1: 2:33am On Mar 25, 2022
Sleekfingers:

Na lagos state government bring them to lagos? Alternative ko, alternagive ni......
Always typing for typing sake..,.do you even know where Apomgbon is?
Re: Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area by Sleekfingers: 8:49am On Mar 25, 2022
caprini1:
Always typing for typing sake..,.do you even know where Apomgbon is?

What's this one saying?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Is The Reason Some States Cannot Pay Salaries – Oshiomole / Fayose Meets With Jerry Gana, Gbenga Daniels And Agbaje (Photos) / Governor Willie Obiano Flags Off 5.5km Road In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.