Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,149 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) (55427 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by babajero(m): 4:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
Elistho:
I deemed it fit to bring this here.

Have you ever been shamed due to the nature of your work? Or, have you seen someone do that?

What was your reaction?

https://twitter.com/ElishaT07720233/status/1507276146207080455?s=19

The post is pointless, you came to buy something, you heard the lady said something, and your mind just took you to the kind of trade they do, you didn't bother to know what brought about there misunderstanding, because I believe the quarrel didn't start while you were there. Most of the problems in Nigeria are started or escalated by sharp fingers, slow brain.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Exceed15: 4:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
What if this story is not totally true?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Oppy2k2: 4:20pm On Mar 25, 2022
Scrap collector never deals with this one that was why he was speaking grammar. Those guys are menace to our society, they are real thieves whose aim is to steal steadily. One of them stole a generating set in my street, they stole children anger, roofing sheets, they are also burglars.

The landlords in my street have reported them to the law enforcement agencies and they have unanimously banned their presence on our street..

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by WATCHOVER(m): 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
There is huge money in scrap business, in fact businesses you look down on gets the best pay, no much Jealousy attached
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by 1950Mack: 4:38pm On Mar 25, 2022
The same challenge I face everyday...I don't know why people can't mind their go.d.d.amn business in this hellfire country...dem no go help you but na dem go de yab you...fo.ols...scrap trucks is my next line of business...am seriously thinking about it everyday...scrap metal is a very lucrative business...its done even in almighty USA...they call it salvage yard...and the business is evergreen...never dies as long as humanity exists....my problem is that guy in question...he should have laugh back...because if he continues the business 2 years is too long for him to buy that woman with all her family and her dog if she has one...those who laughed at me couple of years ago while I was a trainee mechanic will work hard and harder to gather 150k for a whole year before they can buy only the phone am using right now...my net worth is just a little close to a million yet am still pushing...yet again some fo.ols are still laughing at me...I don't argue...I always let time do the talking...because I go soon buy Benz and God go pur.nish all of dem by then...dia fada...people no go mind their business...after dem go blame Buhari...many are poor because of their attitude...shior! undecided
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Moscodee1990(m): 4:44pm On Mar 25, 2022
To bad
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Nyanabo(m): 4:45pm On Mar 25, 2022
Reminds me of my encounter with a road side vendor last week at rumuokoro flyover. I found out my nysc ID Card holder was bad so I decided to get a new one from me. The price he called was a bit high and we bargained which led us to how the economy was not doing well, politicians, business men and women and all socials ills. (All this in the busy roadside).

He then moved on to narrate how he found himself in his current position, misplaced priority early death of his father and how he was saddle with taking care of his siblings from a young age.

While chatting with him hundreds of people passed us and some couldn't hide their disdain for 'corper' laughing and chatting on the road side with a roadside vendor. (Especially from my fellow corps Members)

But I was happy I was able to put a smile on his face and made him laugh heartily.

The earlier we learn that social status is nothing the better for us. wink

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by ShaqFu: 4:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
Well nowadays that's what you get. Nigerians shame people with honest living. But I'll say this, for those who make honest money and are easily shamed by twats_ like that lady, they need to do something about their self esteem.

I see no reason why politicians, yahoo boys and everyday fraudsters, people who are suppose to be ashamed, who aren't even ashamed, should be beating their chest and strutting on social media and outside social media.
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Attackerokenwa: 4:55pm On Mar 25, 2022
That's too bad of her but let me ask did you caution her n let her what she did is dehumanizing
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by lomprico(m): 5:00pm On Mar 25, 2022
Elistho:

Have you ever been shamed due to the nature of your work? Or, have you seen someone do that?

What was your reaction?

This fellow is a complete olofofo! Did he know what conspired between them?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by lomprico(m): 5:02pm On Mar 25, 2022
OnyeObodo:
Useless long story with no content.

I tell you. The idiot no even know wetin happen between them, he just conclude like that. Maybe dem dey knack sef.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Innobee99(m): 5:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
Wetin dey pain for this life be say, na people wey no get one single conscience God dey bless Pass

Life no balance at all
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Georgejeez: 5:10pm On Mar 25, 2022
If not for those scrap collectors , scrap iron would have invaded and occupy Nigeria by now
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by onyeomanono24(f): 5:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
If only the lady know how much these scrap dealers dey pack. My friend became a landlord, changes car at will from scrap business. Now he has his own small recycling company.

There's dignity in labour, the woman knows nothing
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Fivepercent: 5:39pm On Mar 25, 2022
Errm....I get the point but THAT'S not how to use 'hook, line and sinker'. if anything it means the shamed was into something shady..
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by omaclarry(m): 5:55pm On Mar 25, 2022
You just came and u concluded. Do you know if they had a running altercation before you came which is not even related to their line of work. For me OP is the one having stigma at heart, for him to feel every insult to the man is as a result of his work.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Joetttimua1811(m): 6:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
She didn't try at all
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by BarrElChapo(m): 6:12pm On Mar 25, 2022
God humbles the proud hearted and raises the lowly.

After hawking on the streets of pH even as a graduate amongst other life's experience I just can't stand injustice or mistreating persons you perceive to better than.

I hate and abhor it.
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by hosemujica: 6:22pm On Mar 25, 2022
Bluntguy:
That scrap business may worth ten times the total value of that woman's shop, las las. Just that one thing the young man failed to understand is that there is dignity in labour.
You are right, I have seen one of those guys cough out 12 million cash just to pay Lagos state taskforce not to demolish their place of business. So yeah their business pays well.
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by whippersnapper(m): 6:31pm On Mar 25, 2022
bennyguytech:
As a graduate am into scraps and nylon production, Its a million dollar business.
There's so much untapped wealth in dirts
God bless your hustle my brother
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Beesluv: 6:41pm On Mar 25, 2022
She is reminding God about the guy. Maybe the guy even lives in his own built house while she is still renting. It's a small world
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by criuze(m): 7:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
Am only disappointed in the scrap buy beign shamed
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Richvibes1997: 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2022
Elistho:

What was your reaction?

nonsense woman that why the are been used for ritual,scrab sellers are multimillionaires especially does selling it in bulk to companies
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2022
Elistho:

But what you're saying is out of context. He isn't the usual scrap collector's you know. This was pure business. He owns a shop, you bring your scrap to him, he gives you money and takes it.

The woman said he's useless because she finds the business dirty and demeaning.

Since that is his store.

I believe they must have had other issues apart from his work.

They are neighbours after all and it's not the first time they are seeing each other.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by MNDY(m): 7:20pm On Mar 25, 2022
Before I finished reading, I knew a woman or female would be the one to shame another. A very callous gender that talks anyhow without thinking.
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Bahamas95(m): 7:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
Don't ever look down on anybody.

I was with a family friend at her shop in Ogun state sometime ago. She has this aboki customer that mends her children's sandals etc. It was few weeks to Xmas and she needed some money to stock up her shop. As we were discussing she said "I wish I see who fit lend me money now I for buy more provisions for my shop o"

The cobbler heard her and said "madam how much you need?" The woman started laughing and told him to continue with what he was doing. The guy asked her again, you could sense the seriousness in him. The woman told him 50k would be enough. To our surprise the aboki said she shouldn't worry that he will lend her the money, that she can pay back later. The guy brought the money the next day.

The woman ask am where he take get that money he come say na from the cobbler work.....He say if he tell her the money he dey make every month she nor go believe.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Meteng: 7:39pm On Mar 25, 2022
It’s something else that made her say that, not the scrap sales. Note, the guy has a shop there, like you said, so she’s not seeing him forthe first time. Don’t rush to conclusions
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Meteng: 7:42pm On Mar 25, 2022
harsysky:
Unless I skipped it, I didn't see where the said woman was referring to the dressing or the business of the man. The story half-baked as the teller only came in when the woman was calling the man shameless. What if the man buys on credit steadily without paying or had taken the woman's item as scrap.

Let's learn to be reasonable.
You get sense bro

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Meteng: 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2022
BafanaBafana:
Did the woman state why she said that the man is shameless?
Do you know if the man toasted her daughter the previous night
Na rush to type dey hungry the OP

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Meteng: 7:46pm On Mar 25, 2022
bennyguytech:
As a graduate am into scraps and nylon production, Its a million dollar business.
There's so much untapped wealth in dirts
Abeg, I wan learn that nylon production ish. How does it work, please?
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Meteng: 7:47pm On Mar 25, 2022
babajero:
The post is pointless, you came to buy something, you heard the lady said something, and your mind just took you to the kind of trade they do, you didn't bother to know what brought about there misunderstanding, because I believe the quarrel didn't start while you were there. Most of the problems in Nigeria are started or escalated by sharp fingers, slow brain.
You get sense die, my bro
Re: Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos) by Meteng: 7:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
RenerdLiam:

Since that is his store.

I believe they must have had other issues apart from his work.

They are neighbours after all and it's not the first time they are seeing each other.
Most sensible comment. I think na small pikin dey worry the OP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Access Bank Is Recruiting 2015 / How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts / Message From Century 21 Freedom Group Could It Be A Scam?..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.