Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,421 members, 7,830,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? (2161 Views)

Droupadi Murmu: So The President Of India Is A BLACK Woman! Wonderful. / Did King Charles Ignore A Handshake From A Black Man In Viral Video? / Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 7:43pm On Mar 25, 2022
The life we live is always a life of opportunities.God gave us the opportunity to live,to grow, to choose & to decide.

However, not every human being created by God, can give us such opportunity, especially opportunity to grow.

There exist certain types of government, religion & traditions that hinders spiritual & educational growth of an individual.

In view of this,I can boldly say that,Barrak Obama,Ketanji Jackson Brown benefited immensely from the system in place & practice in the US.

My question now is,can a black man or woman be president in Russia or China?

5 Likes

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by Gentlerespect76: 7:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
Did he get the American presidency on a platter? Becoming the President of the USA for Barack Obama was not a walk in the park. He gave it his all, and fortune smiled in his direction.
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by kunlesehan(m): 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2022
Yes, eventually.

1 Like

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by SUPERPACK: 8:04pm On Mar 25, 2022
Yes, but it requires a lot of time. America have a total of about 40 million blacks which gave Obama a good stepping stone to get the presidency. Russia has about 80,000 blacks out of a population of 144 million so the support level for a black presidency wont be easy or possible for now. We all know you need ethnic and religious supports to win an election but in a case where your ethic group/race is non existent gaining support becomes a mountain to climb.

4 Likes

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by booblacain(m): 8:10pm On Mar 25, 2022
China was once ruled by black people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wen9UVS55_U

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by 3verblazing(m): 8:11pm On Mar 25, 2022
Can a white man be president in nigeria or ghana?

14 Likes

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by Padipadi(m): 8:11pm On Mar 25, 2022
Gentlerespect76:
Did he get the American presidency on a platter? Becoming the President of the USA for Barack Obama was not a walk in the park. He gave it his all, and fortune smiled in his direction.
At least he was given the chance & we v seen more blacks excelling there. Unlike China & especially that racist Russia with evil cat faced looking Putin.
To the topic, China & Russia were mobsters in the past & are still monsters. Russia has shown face. We are waiting for China

4 Likes

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by mightyhaze: 8:12pm On Mar 25, 2022
Exact same question I asked a group of traders today in the mkt and they gaped at me like they were in a trance cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
No.

Neither Russia nor China have civil rights or Affirmative action for Blacks and I doubt that they ever will. Not having those things will prevent a Black from ever becoming President or getting government positions in China, Russia, and many other countries.

1 Like

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by aribisala0(m): 8:19pm On Mar 25, 2022
Did Russia or China import slaves

10 Likes

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by joyandfaith: 8:21pm On Mar 25, 2022
aribisala0:

Is obama a slave?
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by aribisala0(m): 8:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
joyandfaith:

Is obama a slave?
Well this thread is not about Obama .

The issue of slavery in the US is relevant here because descendant of slaves remain in the US and are a significant part of the population with a claim that they contributed to the USA and are entitled

So tell us how many black people are Russian or Chinese citizens and how that came about

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by joyandfaith: 8:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
aribisala0:
Well this thread is not about Obama .

The issue of slavery in the US is relevant here because descendant of slaves remain in the US and are a significant part of the population with a claim that they contributed to the USA and are entitled

So tell us how many black people are Russian or Chinese citizens and how that came about

You have a point. Strong point. But Russia also practiced slavery. Serfdom. But i don't think Russia give those enslaved tribes chances unless they assume Russian identity. Russification.

2 Likes

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by aribisala0(m): 8:43pm On Mar 25, 2022
joyandfaith:

You have a point. Strong point. But Russia also practiced slavery. Serfdom. But i don't think Russia give those enslaved tribes chances unless they assume Russian identity. Russification.
What are you talking about . Can we stick to one thing please

Russia never enslaved black people so black people are not stakeholders in Russia in any significant way

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:02pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hehehehe
I think there is a slave gene in the negro!
Unlike other races, he is very comfortable in the shadows of his/her slave master!

The only race that bleaches their skin and spend scarce resources on foreign hair just to look like their masters! A typical negros greatest achievement is to be patted on the back by a white man!

Visit their countries and they treat whites better than they treat themselves! Their leaders love nothing more than to steal their people resources in loads and dump it in the white man's land,

No single construction project without a foreigner involved, in a nation that has been sending people to 'school' for over 60years!

A destroyed people who still take news from whites with any credibility DESPITE being betrayed time and again

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by Ofodirinwa: 9:09pm On Mar 25, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
The life we live is always a life of opportunities.God gave us the opportunity to live,to grow, to choose & to decide.

However, not every human being created by God, can give us such opportunity, especially opportunity to grow.

There exist certain types of government, religion & traditions that hinders spiritual & educational growth of an individual.

In view of this,I can boldly say that,Barrak Obama,Ketanji Jackson Brown benefited immensely from the system in place & practice in the US.

You're saying Barack and Ketanji are 'benefitting' as if they're foreigners being given mercy rather that people getting positions in the government of their land.
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by Nsiehi: 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
Russia and China that cannot grant citizenship to black people, how much more giving them right to vie for leadership positions. That's an impossible feat.

1 Like

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2022
Gentlerespect76:
No great achievement under the sun is easy, but for you to grow first, the chance/opportunity to grow must be in place.

They made good use of the opportunity/chance provided to them by the system on ground in that country.

Afghanistan,is an example here.It would be difficult for women to grow educationally in that country, considering the system they operate.

2 Likes

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 9:52pm On Mar 25, 2022
SUPERPACK:
Yes, but it requires a lot of time. America have a total of about 40 million blacks which gave Obama a good stepping stone to get the presidency. Russia has about 80,000 blacks out of a population of 144 million so the support level for a black presidency wont be easy or possible for now. We all know you need ethnic and religious supports to win an election but in a case where your ethic group/race is non existent gaining support becomes a mountain to climb.
Opportunities need to be in place from the grassroot,I have never heard of a black mayor in Russia or in China.

I have not heard of any black political appointee in Russia or china...pls update me if there are any
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 10:02pm On Mar 25, 2022
3verblazing:
Can a white man be president in nigeria or ghana?
No.the system for a white man to be president in Nigeria is not in practice here in Nigeria.

But the system/opportunity for even YOU to be president of America is in practice in the US.
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by mach7(m): 10:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
There is something that needs to be understood here, and that is Russia and China never had dealings with Africa or the black race as compared to Western Europe and the Americas.

Hence, looking at it from this perspective it is clear that integration of blacks into their societies isn't going to be same and it isn't necessarily because they are racist.

Blacks have been in the US, since the 1700s at the height of the slave trade, that is more than 300 years of integration. Russia or rather the Soviet Union before it only got exposed to the black race in the 1950s -1970s during the colonial period, when it is was funding and suporting anti-colonial movements all over Africa. Also, even despite this contact, Africans rarely emigrate to the Soviet Union/Russia due to language divide and climate. Africa is majorly made of up either French speaking or English speaking countries due to the continent being majorly colonised by France and the UK. So emigration/integration will be oriented more towards France or US/UK.

This is even worse for China who didn't even contact Africa until the late 1990s when they started opening up to the outside world. Moreso, they neither colonized Africa nor are there any language connections between China and Africa.

Hence, you can't compare and expect blacks to have a foothold in the Russian or Chinese society when the connections is either minimal or non-existent.

6 Likes

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 10:15pm On Mar 25, 2022
Padipadi:
At least he was given the chance & we v seen more blacks excelling there. Unlike China & especially that racist Russia with evil cat faced looking Putin.
To the topic, China & Russia were mobsters in the past & are still monsters. Russia has shown face. We are waiting for China
We can see plenty black footballers in the US,UK,FRANCE & other Western countries.. how many black footballers are in Russia & China?
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by mach7(m): 10:15pm On Mar 25, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
Opportunities need to be in place from the grassroot,I have never heard of a black mayor in Russia or in China.

I have not heard of any black political appointee in Russia or china...pls update me if there are any
There is a black mayor in Russia. A documentary was made about him and it is somewhere in Youtube.
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 10:20pm On Mar 25, 2022
mightyhaze:
Exact same question I asked a group of traders today in the mkt and they gaped at me like they were in a trance cheesy
No matter how bad America maybe, they are still better than Russia & China.

Democracy is far better than communism
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 10:22pm On Mar 25, 2022
1stGenAmerican:
No.

Neither Russia nor China have civil rights or Affirmative action for Blacks and I doubt that they ever will. Not having those things will prevent a Black from ever becoming President or getting government positions in China, Russia, and many other countries.
Thanks my dear!.. very simple & direct

1 Like

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by wiseoneking: 10:33pm On Mar 25, 2022
Gentlerespect76:
Gave what all? Is like saying Igbo man becoming a president of Arewa or give versa. It just that American society is highly civilized. Joe can a black population of less than 40 million won an election where you have almost 280 million whites. It's a walk in park. Recently in upper Midwest state I think in Wisconsin, an immigrant Nigerian Muslim woman that was not up to 20 years in the United States won in her county election. Forget platter of gold.
Now, due to uncivilized nature of Russia and esp of China, not in the next two centuries if at all
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 10:35pm On Mar 25, 2022
aribisala0:
We are talking about system/opportunity in place.A white man cannot be president in Nigeria because of the system we practice, but a black man can be president in the US
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by Ojiofor: 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:

Do you have black Russians,or they will go to Africa to borrow a black man to be their president?
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by oilykid(m): 10:39pm On Mar 25, 2022
Nonsense comparison!! Are blacks not indigenous to America.. for your info, blacks are like 15% of the population and they have contributed immensely to the development of America.. the same cannot be said for Russia and China. Blacks deserve the samething that the whites deserve, they are all Americans, none is more American than the other.

2 Likes

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 10:42pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ofodirinwa:

You're saying Barack and Ketanji are 'benefitting' as if they're foreigners being given mercy rather that people getting positions in the government of their land.
Can Russia or China make you a citizen in their country?If you apply for citizenship in those countries would they give you?.. that is the opportunity I'm talking about
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by aribisala0(m): 10:48pm On Mar 25, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
We are talking about system/opportunity in place.A white man cannot be president in Nigeria because of the system we practice, but a black man can be president in the US
Please do not quote me to talk rubbish

How many white men are Nigerian citizens by birth

If you have nothing sensible to say just stay on your lane
I have little patience for unintelligent talk

1 Like

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by Great100000: 10:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
No

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Killed In Suspected Woolwich Terror Attack / Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest / Photos: Captured Russian Soldiers On Their Knees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.