Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,751 members, 7,851,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:16 PM

Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? (2203 Views)

Droupadi Murmu: So The President Of India Is A BLACK Woman! Wonderful. / Did King Charles Ignore A Handshake From A Black Man In Viral Video? / Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by GerogeI(m): 12:30pm On Mar 26, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
Did Americans enslaved the arabians?..yet we see arabians becoming mayor's in the US

Immigrants becoming local political leaders is something common, in the case of Russia, we were colonised and oriented towards Britain, France, Germany and their protege USA. For every 1 African you see in Russia, there are thousands in the West. So yes, the population of African immigrants in Eastern countries is less significant to have political relevance.

How many Chinese are LGA Chairmen in Nigeria? While one might say none because we are intolerant of foreigners, the Chinese case is untested because they do not constitute a significant population in Nigeria.
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by Botlord: 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2022
joyandfaith:

Russia and China did not colonise us because they did not have opportunity to do so. If they had the opportunity, they might be worse. If neighbouring nations who know Russia and China with their histories are running away from them, it is height of stupidity to see them as better world powers. They are all monsters. Some monsters have feelings while others lack feelings.

You mean Russia cannot colonize a country in Africa but Belgium, Spain, italy can??...
You don't necessarily need to lie like this on a popular forum...

I Agreed all of them are fighting for their own interest and are all monsters but disagree with your statement of one monster having feelings while others lack...

No other countries has shown lack of feeling than Western countries, I don't need to expantiate on this...

1 Like

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by gambojimeta: 12:38pm On Mar 26, 2022
Russia being a very racist country is not a myth.

1 Like

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by gambojimeta: 12:42pm On Mar 26, 2022
Skinheads

1 Like

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by gambojimeta: 12:43pm On Mar 26, 2022
They even have a day where all sort of racist come out to show solidarity to one another.

1 Like

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by pquaver(m): 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2022
aribisala0:
Why should I do that ? To prove what ? Why ask me ? That is a very foolish request and totally tangential to what I said. Go back and read what you quoted if you do not understand it ask someone to explain it to you

When the people cannot be councillors, is it president the want to be? It is as if op arguments are above your IQ level ooo... Seems to just reply without understanding...
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by pquaver(m): 1:18pm On Mar 26, 2022
a4cube:
Their are many black Russians. At least I know one and his kids though his wife is Russian. What you should understand is, blacks started settling in Russia of recent. Those that married to Russian women will get kids that may enter politics in future. Even in Northern Ireland, blacks find it difficult to get govt work or even licence to operate some kind of business. It's a gradual thing.

Which northern Ireland? UK? R u seeing or reading news lately...
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by Ofodirinwa: 3:18pm On Mar 26, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
Nwanne,I heard you said Nwafor", there's nothing like Nwafor to them.

Kelechi Madu, is not a Canadian citizen yet they made him a big law officer in Alberta Canada... the system in practice afforded him the opportunity to grow & serve humanity.

Here in Nigeria,it will be difficult for a Yoruba man to be a LG chairman in Alaigbo & vice versa

lol the law officers in your village are they all nwafor? Is an LG chairman the same as a law officer? Can a non-citizen be a mayor in Canada (LG Chairman Equivalent)

How to Become a Candidate
The following is a brief overview of the steps you must take to become a candidate in a federal election. Prospective candidates are required to meet all the criteria set out in the Canada Elections Act (the Act). Please be sure to read and understand the rules for candidates in Part 6 of the Act. There is also important information on the nomination process and criteria for candidates in the Political Financing Handbook for Candidates and Official Agents (EC 20155).

Eligibility
The right to run in a federal election is protected by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. The basic requirements to become a candidate are the following:

You must be a Canadian citizen.
You must be at least 18 years old on election day.
You must not be deemed ineligible under the criteria listed in section 65 of the Act.
You must submit either a Nomination Paper (EC 20010) (paper copy filed at the returning officer’s office) or an online nomination form (filed on the Political Entities Service Centre portal) along with all required supporting documents. The filing deadline is 21 days before election day at 2:00 p.m. local time.
Note: You may only seek election in a single electoral district at a time, but you do not need to reside in that district.
https://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?section=pol&document=index&dir=can/bck&lang=e

Just say you believe in equal opportunity rather than trying to compare what you don't know to what you don't understand.
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by LocalStandard1(m): 3:38pm On Mar 26, 2022
StaffofOrayan:
Hehehehe
I think there is a slave gene in the negro!
Unlike other races, he is very comfortable in the shadows of his/her slave master!

The only race that bleaches their skin and spend scarce resources on foreign hair just to look like their masters! A typical negros greatest achievement is to be patted on the back by a white man!

Visit their countries and they treat whites better than they treat themselves! Their leaders love nothing more than to steal their people resources in loads and dump it in the white man's land,

No single construction project without a foreigner involved, in a nation that has been sending people to 'school' for over 60years!

A destroyed people who still take news from whites with any credibility DESPITE being betrayed time and again
I love the read. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by Adjovi: 3:40pm On Mar 26, 2022
Padipadi:
At least he was given the chance & we v seen more blacks excelling there. Unlike China & especially that racist Russia with evil cat faced looking Putin.
To the topic, China & Russia were mobsters in the past & are still monsters. Russia has shown face. We are waiting for China

How was Russia a monster in the past? The real monster is NATO A
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by Adjovi: 3:44pm On Mar 26, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
We can see plenty black footballers in the US,UK,FRANCE & other Western countries.. how many black footballers are in Russia & China?

Many Africans are playing in Russian and Chinese
League oga. Na Chinese League even dey pay money pass self one time like that.
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 4:06pm On Mar 26, 2022
pquaver:

When the people cannot be councillors, is it president the want to be? It is as if op arguments are above your IQ level ooo... Seems to just reply without understanding...
My dear the matter tire me
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 4:12pm On Mar 26, 2022
Adjovi:

Many Africans are playing in Russian and Chinese
League oga. Na Chinese League even dey pay money pass self one time like that.
Haba is that so?
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 5:36pm On Mar 26, 2022
Ofodirinwa:

lol the law officers in your village are they all nwafor? Is an LG chairman the same as a law officer? Can a non-citizen be a mayor in Canada (LG Chairman Equivalent)

https://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?section=pol&document=index&dir=can/bck&lang=e

Just say you believe in equal opportunity rather than trying to compare what you don't know to what you don't understand.
The summary of it all is that,a system is in place where by citizenship can be given to a migrant.

My point here is that kcee Madu was not a Canadian citizen as at 2005,when he left Nigeria...THE SYSTEM IN PLACE GRANTED HIM CITIZENSHIP OF CANADA.

It's not about slave trade or blacks.

It's about creating a system for where by everyone can be part of us, irrespective of tribe,race, color or religion.

Kcee Madu could not have become a governor of a state outside Alaigbo,in Nigeria.

But he can become a governor outside Alaigbo in Canada,if he wants to
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by seunny4lif(m): 8:41pm On Mar 26, 2022
Nsiehi:
Russia and China that cannot grant citizenship to black people, how much more giving them right to vie for leadership positions. That's an impossible feat.
Don’t talk nonsense
Russia have black citizens and reason many black don’t take Chinese citizenship is because China don’t allow dual citizenship.
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by Ofodirinwa: 8:44pm On Mar 26, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
The summary of it all is that,a system is in place where by citizenship can be given to a migrant.

My point here is that kcee Madu was not a Canadian citizen as at 2005,when he left Nigeria...THE SYSTEM IN PLACE GRANTED HIM CITIZENSHIP OF CANADA.

It's not about slave trade or blacks.

It's about creating a system for where by everyone can be part of us, irrespective of tribe,race, color or religion.

Kcee Madu could not have become a governor of a state outside Alaigbo,in Nigeria.

But he can become a governor outside Alaigbo in Canada,if he wants to

Bro, a foreigner can get a police position, and a high ranking within the police in Nigeria. And once you become a citizen in a country you're no longer a foreigner. Police, no matter the ranking, is not a citizenship based thing. It's a job like working in a company etc.

A canadian can move to Nigeria and get the same Nigerian citizenship and run for the same positions available to naturalized citizens which is every position except president and vice. Citizenship means you have pledged an oath of allegiance to that country. After that, you're not a foreigner. So your friend Madu is a Canadian from beginning to end. If he gets a position it's not because Canada is being merciful or kind or 'giving' it to him. He took the oath to become a Canadian and now he's a Canadian. I don't think Nigerians understand what citizen (and sometimes) what a country is. Your friend is a Canadian that got a Canadian job. He's not a foreigner who got a Canadian job.

Just say what you want to say without unnecessary comparisons. If you want to say 'I would like to see Nigerians have the same opportunities throughout Nigeria' say that. When you start speaking about the laws in Canada be sure you know the laws in Canada.
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by NaBanga: 9:38pm On Mar 26, 2022
Even the people you mentioned are closely linked to whites. Barrack Obama was raised by his white grandparents and white mother. He is a biracial and not fully black. Ketanji Brown is married to a white man and has mixed children. No fully black person who lives in blackness, will get to a high level even in the United States. A full black in body, spirit and soul can only rise in a black country.
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by Adjovi: 10:35pm On Mar 26, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
Haba is that so?

Yes na. Obafemi Martin's self don collect money for Chinese League wella. Ighalo self
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 7:42am On Mar 27, 2022
seunny4lif:

Don’t talk nonsense
Russia have black citizens and reason many black don’t take Chinese citizenship is because China don’t allow dual citizenship.
How many of them do you know?if China don't allow dual citizenship then, we should appreciate those that allows it.
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 7:50am On Mar 27, 2022
Ofodirinwa:

Bro, a foreigner can get a police position, and a high ranking within the police in Nigeria. And once you become a citizen in a country you're no longer a foreigner. Police, no matter the ranking, is not a citizenship based thing. It's a job like working in a company etc.

A canadian can move to Nigeria and get the same Nigerian citizenship and run for the same positions available to naturalized citizens which is every position except president and vice. Citizenship means you have pledged an oath of allegiance to that country. After that, you're not a foreigner. So your friend Madu is a Canadian from beginning to end. If he gets a position it's not because Canada is being merciful or kind or 'giving' it to him. He took the oath to become a Canadian and now he's a Canadian. I don't think Nigerians understand what citizen (and sometimes) what a country is. Your friend is a Canadian that got a Canadian job. He's not a foreigner who got a Canadian job.

Just say what you want to say without unnecessary comparisons. If you want to say 'I would like to see Nigerians have the same opportunities throughout Nigeria' say that. When you start speaking about the laws in Canada be sure you know the laws in Canada.
Kcee Madu is not my friend nor my enemy.Our path has never crossed,I just used his case as an example.. Wishing you a happy Sunday & blissful days ahead
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 7:54am On Mar 27, 2022
Adjovi:

Yes na. Obafemi Martin's self don collect money for Chinese League wella. Ighalo self
Ok you may be right
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by oweniwe(m): 8:59am On Mar 27, 2022
TrueNigerian300:
Ask yourself same question can a Chinese or Russian become president in Nigeria? We blame people for not giving us opportunities in their country how many foreigners have we given any political opportunity as well? We have a sense of entitlement as people always what others can do for us and not the other way round.This is the reason we have a very useless country with many useless people litter all over the place.

Don't mind them. If the president of Nigeria should appoint even a fellow African as minister, den go shout,
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by seunny4lif(m): 10:13am On Mar 27, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
How many of them do you know?if China don't allow dual citizenship then, we should appreciate those that allows it.
I knew few blacks with Russia passport and some are even YouTubers
India
China
Austria
Germany
Those countries don’t allow dual citizenship.
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2022
seunny4lif:

I knew few blacks with Russia passport and some are even YouTubers
India
China
Austria
Germany
Those countries don’t allow dual citizenship.
Which of the countries do you prefer, countries that allows citizenship or countries that doesn't allow citizenship?
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by seunny4lif(m): 3:38pm On Mar 27, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
Which of the countries do you prefer, countries that allows citizenship or countries that doesn't allow citizenship?
Having dual citizenship is good but some countries believe you can only be loyal to one master .
Re: Ketanji J Brown: Can A Black Be President In Russia Or China? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 7:41pm On Mar 27, 2022
seunny4lif:

Having dual citizenship is good but some countries believe you can only be loyal to one matter.
Ok thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kenyan Anambra In-law William Ruto Declared Kenya President -pics / BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93 / Top Strongest Militaries In The World 2022 (20 Most Powerful Militaries)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.