Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,399 members, 7,861,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:07 AM

Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad (421 Views)

I Just Broke Up With My Girlfriend And I'm Sad / My Girlfriend Called To Break Up With Me And I'm Sad And Confused. / A Girl Spent The Night At His Place And I'm Feeling So Bad About It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad by ThatsONYI: 6:35pm On Mar 28, 2022
shocked

Today is my birthday, I'm officially 20 - which means I'm no longer a teenager. But guess what, I'm heartbroken. I know I sound ungrateful but it is what it is, life's a mess.

I can't believe I'm 20, I still feel 16, that year - I dumped my dream of furthering my education (college) and allowed the pressure to push me into the Nwaboi apprenticeship. Despite the fact, my daddy would never approve if he was alive. Despite the fact that, my brain was "fire"... I did it for the family! Anyway, I'm focused on my music career now - I'm still gonna head back to school once I'm sure, I'm ready.

I wasted my teenage years (13 - 19) trying to please the world and live up to stupid expectations, now I'm feeling this regrets and honestly I'm shattered - because those years are gone forever! I miss those days, spending time with dad, I wish I told momma and poppa I LOVED THEM!

I wish I listened to ME, I wish I spent time with my loved ones, I wish I had (good) friends, I wish I fought depression, I wish my daddy didn't leave me at 13, I wish I didn't allow the pressure weigh me down! I wish, I wish!

If I could back in time, I'd do things differently, I would appreciate life MORE, spend more time with daddy and Momma, tell 'em "I love you", spend more with my relatives, invest in my happiness, talent etc. Sadly, I can't and it kills me to know it!

Lord, help me; I'm stuck in the past and the greatest gift I need - is the present and to live not exist in it. Lord, I do admit - life's too short and I wanna be happy because I never believe I'd live past 18. Lotta things on my mind, but I'ma end this with AMEN.

5 Likes

Re: Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad by immortalcrown(m): 6:41pm On Mar 28, 2022
It never TOO late for a man at rest to wake up. The time he wakes up is the time he should rise. 20 is not too old unless you have pride. You can even start JSS1 now and get Ph.D before the age of 55.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad by ThatsONYI: 6:45pm On Mar 28, 2022
shocked

New music drops soonest, they can't stop me. I will give my everything to chase my dream till the day oxygen becomes of no use to my body. I swear, on my momma and my poppa, brothers and sisters!

Today, we shot the video to my yet to be released song "crazy rants of a broke boy" - damn! It drained my bank account but I won't STOP! Even if I walk on the road full of "Arrowhead thorns", I would never STOP!

Six months ago when I left that "Nwaboi apprenticeship", I had nothing, no bank account etc! I'm proud of what I've achieved in such a short time with my family and the supreme being by my side. It wouldn't be possible with them!

I will never look down, I will never stop, you can't beat someone who never quits!

Modified; lalasticlala sir, lotta souls need this.. let's show 'em, there are millions just like them. You're not alone.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:47pm On Mar 28, 2022
Go for it you are a king..all that matters is your joy and happiness..you love music pls keep pushing and never give up..

2 Likes

Re: Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad by ThatsONYI: 6:47pm On Mar 28, 2022
immortalcrown:
It never TOO late for a man at rest to wake up. The time he wakes up is the time he should rise. 20 is not too old unless you have pride. You can even start JSS1 now and get Ph.D before the age of 55.

shocked

Appreciate you sir. Though I'm done with high school but didn't open my book again for years because of that "nwaboi apprenticeship".
Re: Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad by chatinent: 6:48pm On Mar 28, 2022
Honestly, I don't believe any story from musicians, whether upcoming or popular.

1 Like

Re: Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad by JoyousFurnitire(m): 6:48pm On Mar 28, 2022
Yo! You're about to start life so why spend them in regrets?

Get up and go!

Happy Birthday BTW

1 Like

Re: Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad by ThatsONYI: 6:48pm On Mar 28, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Go for it you are a king..all that matters is your joy and happiness..you love music pls keep pushing and never give up..

shocked

Thanks alot, I will never look down.
Re: Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad by ThatsONYI: 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2022
chatinent:
Honestly, I don't believe any story from musicians, whether upcoming or popular.

shocked

I understand you sir, but I'm different. Search up nwaeje (my secret account back when I was "serving), it's deactivated though. I had a diary, went through hell, I never recorded down.
Re: Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad by immortalcrown(m): 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2022
ThatsONYI:
Appreciate you sir. Though I'm done with high school but didn't open my book again for years because of that "nwaboi apprenticeship".
I know you must have finished secondary school. I simply mean someone at 20 can even start JSS1 and still make it. So, you have no excuse if you really want to be a graduate.

1 Like

Re: Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad by ThatsONYI: 6:51pm On Mar 28, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:
Yo! You're about to start life so why spend them in regrets?

Get up and go!

Happy Birthday BTW

Thanks alot, never look down.

1 Like

Re: Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad by ThatsONYI: 6:52pm On Mar 28, 2022
immortalcrown:

I know you must have finished secondary school. I simply mean someone at 20 can even start JSS1 and still make it. So, you have no excuse if you really want to be a graduate.

Thank you sir...
Re: Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad by Goldbw122(m): 7:01pm On Mar 28, 2022
It is not easy men, just take one day after another and have something that will give you hope, just fine something, so that you don't let depression get the better part of you, just be focus..

1 Like

Re: Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad by Codeye(m): 7:10pm On Mar 28, 2022
20? Happy birthday more bless! But you have a long way to go... Enjoy life make mistakes learn live with no regret and love always show love to whomever you come across because that's the key to life and success

1 Like

Re: Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad by opera1(m): 7:10pm On Mar 28, 2022
Thank God for life friend. There's hope, never give up, keep fighting.

Happy birthday

1 Like

Re: Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad by Daytrader1: 7:24pm On Mar 28, 2022
ThatsONYI:
shocked

Today is my birthday, I'm officially 20 - which means I'm no longer a teenager. But guess what, I'm heartbroken. I know I sound ungrateful but it is what it is, life's a mess.

I can't believe I'm 20, I still feel 16, that year - I dumped my dream of furthering my education (college) and allowed the pressure to push me into the Nwaboi apprenticeship. Despite the fact, my daddy would never approve if he was alive. Despite the fact that, my brain was "fire"... I did it for the family! Anyway, I'm focused on my music career now - I'm still gonna head back to school once I'm sure, I'm ready.

I wasted my teenage years (13 - 19) trying to please the world and live up to stupid expectations, now I'm feeling this regrets and honestly I'm shattered - because those years are gone forever! I miss those days, spending time with dad, I wish I told momma and poppa I LOVED THEM!

I wish I listened to ME, I wish I spent time with my loved ones, I wish I had (good) friends, I wish I fought depression, I wish my daddy didn't leave me at 13, I wish I didn't allow the pressure weigh me down! I wish, I wish!

If I could back in time, I'd do things differently, I would appreciate life MORE, spend more time with daddy and Momma, tell 'em "I love you", spend more with my relatives, invest in my happiness, talent etc. Sadly, I can't and it kills me to know it!

Lord, help me; I'm stuck in the past and the greatest gift I need - is the present and to live not exist in it. Lord, I do admit - life's too short and I wanna be happy because I never believe I'd live past 18. Lotta things on my mind, but I'ma end this with AMEN.

Life's tough normally, go beast mode financially

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Women And Their Modification Of Words. / How Do You Identify A Toxic Relationship / Why Do Young Ppl Prioritise Sex On Holy Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.