Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,809 members, 7,851,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:19 AM

Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? (1438 Views)

Why Is Christianity So Divided? / I Am A Catholic Priest, But I Wish ‘nigerian Christianity’ Dead And Buried / Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by HappyPagan: 11:53am On Mar 31, 2022
budaatum:

What is Christ?
To the average Nigerian Christian,
- the reason for Christmas
- born of a virgin to save man from sin
- just believe, that's it.. free entry to God's right hand side.
Christ is all you need in this world.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by budaatum: 1:15pm On Mar 31, 2022
HappyPagan:

To the average Nigerian Christian,
- the reason for Christmas
- born of a virgin to save man from sin
- just believe, that's it.. free entry to God's right hand side.
Christ is all you need in this world.

I did not ask an "average Nigerian Christian", happy, I asked you, and any one else willing to tell me their own thoughts instead of what some "average Nigerian Christian" has to say as if you've been appointed spokesperson for the "average Nigerian Christian" (says very irritated and annoyed buda at the fact that some can't speak for themselves!).

budaatum:

What is Christ?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by frank317: 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2022
Kestolove:
My brother pls lets respect each other beliefs, the world will be a better place..#Shaloom

If u respect others, u will condemn the churches making noise all the time and disturbing everyone in their neighborhood

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by HellVictorinho4(m): 6:18am On Apr 01, 2022
budaatum:

I did not ask an "average Nigerian Christian", happy, I asked you, and any one else willing to tell me their own thoughts instead of what some "average Nigerian Christian" has to say as if you've been appointed spokesperson for the "average Nigerian Christian" (says very irritated and annoyed buda at the fact that some can't speak for themselves!).

What not who?

But that's just another step to condemning someone.

Just like that, you make someone seem useless or meaningless by using derogatory terms ......then you deny it or keep silent ....

You are worse than Boko Haram.

Even if you use who, you will still end up condemning.

You condemn like you're nothing except another agent of disorder on Nairaland.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by budaatum: 7:34pm On Apr 01, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

What not who?

Your question, as in, what you may want to know, might be "who", hell, but my question is what.

You don't define my question for me, and neither are you under any obligation to answer it if you don't want to or can't. Not that I asked you, mind.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by budaatum: 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Just like that, you make someone seem useless or meaningless by using derogatory terms ......then you deny it or keep silent ....

You would never believe this, despite many repeatedly informing you, but you don't need buda to make you seem how you seem. Neither can you deny how you seem to your very self. But I do understand how you'd claim buda is responsible for how your seem. If not buda you'd probably have to become responsible for how you seem yourself.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by HellVictorinho4(m): 6:21pm On Apr 02, 2022
budaatum:

You would never believe this, despite many repeatedly informing you, but you don't need buda to make you seem how you seem. Neither can you deny how you seem to your very self. But I do understand how you'd claim buda is responsible for how your seem. If not buda you'd probably have to become responsible for how you seem yourself.

My name is not someone.
I have malaria.

Please don't .........
Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by budaatum: 7:13pm On Apr 02, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

My name is not someone.
I have malaria.

Please don't .........

Trust me, hell. I did not send malaria to "someone".
Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by HellVictorinho4(m): 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2022
budaatum:

Trust me, hell. I did not send malaria to "someone".

What sort of heartlessness is this?

You're refusing to take responsibility for your insensitive posts.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by budaatum: 9:31pm On Apr 02, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

What sort of heartlessness is this?

You're refusing to take responsibility for your insensitive posts.

Heartless buda is responsible for and insensitive to how HellVictorinho seems.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by HellVictorinho4(m): 11:34pm On Apr 06, 2022
Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by budaatum: 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2022
KnownUnknown:

How would their descendants abandon white juju when they have placed the “English” on a pedestal?

What is "white JuJu"?

Would you abandon it?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by KnownUnknown: 3:40pm On Apr 30, 2022
budaatum:

What is "white JuJu"?

Would you abandon it?

Christianity as constituted by the ancient Roman Empire and proliferated by the Catholic Church and its European offshoots.

I already did. I abandoned it due to the prima facile absurdity that it entails. Now that I am gaining understanding of the prototype, I marvel at the brilliance of the originators of the prototype and feel nothing but disgust for Christianity considering the strife it has played a huge role in, caused, or excused for 1500 years now. Pity and sometimes disgust at its victims.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by budaatum: 3:48pm On Apr 30, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Christianity as constituted by the ancient Roman Empire and proliferated by the Catholic Church and its European offshoots.

I already did.

Sounds like a Trinity.

Is there some other Christianity, one not constituted with Roman, or Catholic, or European?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by budaatum: 3:50pm On Apr 30, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Now that I am gaining understanding of the prototype, I marvel at the brilliance of the originators of the prototype and feel nothing but disgust for Christianity considering the strife it has played a huge role in, caused, or excused for 1500 years now. Pity and sometimes disgust at its victims.

What is this prototype? And what has Christianity done with it to cause your disgust?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by KnownUnknown: 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2022
budaatum:

Sounds like a Trinity.

Is there some other Christianity, one not constituted with Roman, or Catholic, or European?

Oh yeah? Add the the present day Nigerian Christian institutions, it becomes a Quadrinity……..like the “four elements”.

No, I just clarified the Roman origin to prevent any reference to Egypt or Africa or the myriad of other claims when it comes to the ultimate source of the beliefs that forms the foundation of Christianity.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by budaatum: 4:23pm On Apr 30, 2022
KnownUnknown:

No, I just clarified the Roman origin to prevent any reference to Egypt or Africa or the myriad of other claims when it comes to the ultimate source of the beliefs that forms the foundation of Christianity.

Why "prevent"? Did the Romans come up with it all by themselves, or is there some "ultimate source"?
KnownUnknown:

Oh yeah? Add the the present day Nigerian Christian institutions, it becomes a Quadrinity……..like the “four elements”.

We humans do go round in circles.
Quaternity
Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by HappyPagan: 11:58am On Dec 20, 2022
Bump

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? by budaatum: 2:52pm On Dec 23, 2022
HappyPagan:
Bump

The thread where the unknown becomes known.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Christ: Lord, Lunatic Or Liar? / Roma Catholic Priests Dying Of Aids, Often In Silence. / Churches Are Now Into Sport (TB Joshua's Church)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.