Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Community Project(strictly Java) - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Community Project(strictly Java) (23807 Views)

Poll: What application would you prefer

School Management Software: 19% (20 votes)
Hotel Management System: 5% (6 votes)
Membership Management System: 1% (2 votes)
Checkers game: 1% (2 votes)
Online Voting System: 13% (14 votes)
Library Management System: 4% (5 votes)
E-Banking transaction system and portal for bank officials and customer: 27% (29 votes)
College management system: 3% (4 votes)
An internet cafe system: 14% (15 votes)
Payroll System: 7% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Programmers Networking Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by debokaz(m): 5:04pm On Jul 19, 2011
@Fayimora,U promised to come up wit a list.am stil waiting.u wil be doin a lot good if we go ahead.pls dont give up
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by Fayimora(m): 6:06pm On Jul 19, 2011
Hmm ok it seems everyone would prefer going straight to coding rather than going through the development process. Ok no problem but unfortunately we still need a design, so am gonna start and you guys should get ready to pump in ideas, Also you should get familiar with using git/github as thats going to be our repository as-well-as version control system
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by Fayimora(m): 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2011
Ok i just did some UML's so i need more input, here is the link,

If you are good with UML's then send me your gmail account so i can give you access to edit the diagrams. Note i drew them with simple shapes so ignore UML conventions for now,

https://docs.google.com/drawings/pub?id=1uyCF18PNo5wC8CXQwFwxcPavDN1zXdPcJy3-Ikvu_ig&w=960&h=720
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by wassolldas: 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2011
I made some modifications to the UML. I used DIA (Diagram editor supporting windows, mac and Linux) - http://dia-installer.de/. Change the extension of the png file to dia and use DIA to open the file. CSR- Customer Service Representative (Cashier)

Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by Fayimora(m): 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2011
Ok now thats wat i call AWESOME! Happy someone is working with me,  Please edit your post and give the full acronyms of each abbreviation you have on your diagram

I have just opened our repository. You can fint it here.

Raw Link: https://github.com/fayimora/Banking-System
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by Nov1ce(m): 4:49pm On Jul 20, 2011
WoW!!!
This is more complex than I though. But very good Job, so what do we do next?
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by Fayimora(m): 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2011
You contribute, A lot more work still has to be done as we are developing a desktop app and not a web app, so your gonna have to take off all those e-stuff
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by wassolldas: 8:00pm On Jul 20, 2011
The application remains the same regardless of the way it is accessed. Local or remote access is just that: - an interface to an application. Your core application remains the same regardless of the view. The business objects should not be coded any differently.

I propose we leave different views in, gives an opportunity to work on some new technologies.
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by Nov1ce(m): 9:26am On Jul 21, 2011
wassolldas:

The application remains the same regardless of the way it is accessed. Local or remote access is just that: - an interface to an application. Your core application remains the same regardless of the view. The business objects should not be coded any differently.

I propose we leave different views in, gives an opportunity to work on some new technologies.

Ok. But I would suggest that we break it down into milestones so we dont get caught up in a lot of modules that would be difficult to integrate.
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by Mobinga: 9:32am On Jul 21, 2011
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by Fayimora(m): 9:34am On Jul 21, 2011
thanks mobinga
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by wassolldas: 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2011
Hey Fayimora,

I put together the user names of those who indicated interest and their preferred roles.

Programmer role
SayoMarvel
agi-tuedor      - agi.oke at gmail dot com
Nov1ce
Mobinga
asskush       -   seun_alani at yahoo dot com
Danyl         -      goldendanyx22 at gmail dot com
cracky2       -     doncracky at gmail dot com
fellybabe     
debokaz  - debok1 at yahoo dot com

Tester
omo_to_dun
Mobinga

Project Manager role
Fayimora           -   support at fayimora dot com or info at fayimora dot com

Designer role
Chimanet          -   alaebo123 at yahoo dot com

Architect role
wassolldas

I don't know if forum moderators have access to users' emails. If you do, please go ahead and send out an email copying the above users. That way we can start using that email list to communicate.
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by Fayimora(m): 3:11pm On Jul 21, 2011
Yeah i can create a mailing list, i have the resources to do so but its not worth it,  We aint more than 3 working here so lets just play simple for now, Pls change ma emil to "support at fayimora.com" and "info at fayimora.com". Also, shift ma name from programmers. They are already too much,
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by wassolldas: 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2011
We can start working on the use cases. There is a Wikipedia page for use cases at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_case.

I will come up with a task list later today, but feel free to volunteer for any use case that catches your fancy.

Some sample use case diagrams I found online are attached.

Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by Fayimora(m): 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2011
Haha ur on it man, You can put ma name under project manager nd remove oyewale, also refine the list, remove inactive pple,
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by debokaz(m): 11:35pm On Jul 21, 2011
@wassolad,my name is missing.assign me a task.At least a novice can still contribute.una do well
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by wassolldas: 2:02am On Jul 22, 2011
The following list of use cases is not exhaustive. It is just a starting point. Feel free to come up with any others you identify.

Use case for Admin - Interraction with Bank system          (Ashkush)
                             - Interraction with Report system        (Danyl)
                             - Interraction with gateway                 (agi-tuedor)

Use case for CSR - Interraction with Bank system        (Mobinga)
                         - Interraction with Report system      (Nov1ce)
                         - Interraction with gateway               (cracky2)

Use case for Customer - Interraction with Bank system    (debokaz)
                                 - Interraction with gateway           (chimanet)

Note* There is a Wikipedia page for use cases at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_case.
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by SayoMarvel(m): 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2011
Please don't remove me. My school exams end on 1st of August. I'll be happy to jump in in the coding phase (even thought I would be happier to flex my muscles in the design phase.) Once I'm through with my exams, I'll join in with full force. Thanks.
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 24, 2011
where are all those 'mouth' programmers na?
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2011
@ Highbros

What do you mean?
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by Nov1ce(m): 10:27am On Jul 25, 2011
Just saw my assignment, I'll get on it right away,
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by Chimanet(m): 1:50am On Jul 27, 2011
nice work guys! am back online
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by Nov1ce(m): 8:16am On Aug 01, 2011
Hey Guyz, Just finished the part that was assgned to me, but I'll appreciate CONSTRUCTIVE critisizim cause I have never done this before and the whole point of this exercise is to develop ourselves.

Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by wassolldas: 11:25am On Aug 02, 2011
Good job Nov,

Part of the requirements from Fayimora: "The system system is to provide a report feature that lists allt he accounts and the interest the have accrued during the current period. The system should also provide an auditor feature that when invoked, prints all accounts whose balance falls below the minimum required for that type of account. The system would also be able to add, delete and modify accounts(account num exclusive).

The system should be able to send emails to all bank customers(newsletter ish). The system should be able to keep admin log reports, i.e who used what software and who changed what.

For each account the system would record, personal details for the user like, name, address, status, number and other bank details like account number, sort-code, current balance, interest rate. Also, the system should be able to deliver weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual bank statements"

You have the use case for CSR and Report System. Give me your feedback on the attached image.

Regards

Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by Mobinga: 11:30am On Aug 02, 2011
Shior na UML we go chop?
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by SayoMarvel(m): 10:39pm On Aug 06, 2011
I've been to Github now, @Fayimora I'm following you. I can't find any recent stuff on the project. The last commit was on 19/07, whatsApp?
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by wassolldas: 5:23am On Aug 09, 2011
Seems those who indicated interested are missing in action. Are there others willing to step up to the plate?

Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by wassolldas: 5:26am On Aug 09, 2011
Next step now is some sort of data architecture. (for example)
- What attributes are needed for an account?
- What are the relationships between the different entities?

Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by Fayimora(m): 6:13pm On Aug 12, 2011
Well waso took ma task as the designer. Since we aint gat no programmer amma just fill that up!. Want me to code what we have or wait till the design is complete?
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by wassolldas: 10:30pm On Aug 12, 2011
Hold on till we get the whole design in place,

I am partial to subversion, for those who are like minded, here goes

To use subversion to access the repository, use the command: svn checkout http://svn.github.com/fayimora/Banking-System.git

To use a subversion GUI client like tortoiseSVN (the repo URL is http://svn.github.com/fayimora/Banking-System.git)

Reference: https://github.com/blog/626-announcing-svn-support

Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by Fayimora(m): 11:00pm On Aug 12, 2011
Aiit, am a bit ill now so am just gonna rest for now
Re: Community Project(strictly Java) by wassolldas: 6:11am On Aug 13, 2011
We could start with a flat file as the database, but we still need to generate a NUBAN for each account.

We need someone to write a mysql function to generate a NUBAN for each created account. That function will be called by a trigger to populate the 'nuban' field. Refer to the URL below

Reference: http://www.cenbank.org/out/2011/circulars/bspd/nuban%20proposals%20v%200%204-%2003%2009%202010.pdf

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

What Programming Language Is Used In Creating Viruses? / What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? / My New Excel Dashboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.