Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely (20473 Views)

LAGFERRY Begins Operations Along Ajah-Lekki Axis To End Traffic Congestion / NRC Suspends Train Services After Bandits Bombed Kaduna-Abuja Train (Photos) / Soldiers Beat Up Shiites Women Along Abuja-Kaduna Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by Splitmind: 11:56am On Mar 29, 2022
lexy2014:

Did the topic say anything about tollgate? Based on the topic, was there a bombing? Yes or no

No
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by lexy2014: 11:59am On Mar 29, 2022
Splitmind:

No

So why did NRC suspend train operations along abuja Kaduna route?
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by Splitmind: 12:03pm On Mar 29, 2022
lexy2014:

So why did NRC suspend train operations along abuja Kaduna route?

To allow their workers rest for the football match against Ghana
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by lexy2014: 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2022
Splitmind:

To allow their workers rest for the football match against Ghana

So the workers will rest for only today, right?
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by Splitmind: 12:06pm On Mar 29, 2022
lexy2014:

So the workers will rest for only today, right?

Look I am not a rail worker stop asking me these questions.
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by Ebubu: 12:06pm On Mar 29, 2022
Parachoko:
How will the Government pay back the Chinese now? sad
double wahala grin
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by Ebubu: 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2022
Parachoko:
How will the Government pay back the Chinese now? sad
your signature though
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by lexy2014: 12:09pm On Mar 29, 2022
Splitmind:

Look I am not a rail worker stop asking me these questions.

Then how did u come to the conclusion that the reason for d closure of the abuja Kaduna rail line is because of Nigeria vs Ghana match?
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by Ebubu: 12:11pm On Mar 29, 2022
sotall:
undecided

Buhari will tackle insecurity

Osinbajo will manage economy

Yenyenyenyenyen cheesy..... how far now?
that Buhari will tackle insecurity osinbajo will manage economy trolls of 2014 and 2015 i no fit forget grin

We were all here then
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by Splitmind: 12:11pm On Mar 29, 2022
lexy2014:

Then how did u come to the conclusion that the reason for d closure of the abuja Kaduna rail line is because of Nigeria vs Ghana match?

Go and read the circular that was sent out.
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by TobiAbuja: 12:13pm On Mar 29, 2022
Surely they mean "due to foreseen circumstances"?
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by lexy2014: 12:15pm On Mar 29, 2022
Splitmind:

How did you know a circular was sent if u say u aren't a rail worker?

Since you have read the circular, then u shouldn't have any problems answering my question.

How many days will the rail workers rest for the match?
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by lexy2014: 12:16pm On Mar 29, 2022
Ebubu:
that Buhari will tackle insecurity osinbajo will manage economy trolls of 2014 and 2015 i no fit forget grin

We were all here then

They have all run into their holes. They don't have electricity or fuel. Shame no let them make noise again. Even seems to have taken a break
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by lexy2014: 12:19pm On Mar 29, 2022
Splitmind:

Seems you have gone dumb. Pls share with us the circular that u say was sent out. Who was it sent out to?
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by LLiKYekoba: 12:21pm On Mar 29, 2022
StaffofOrayan:
But why won't you find OmenkaLives and co here?

Also GenBuhari and other eternally cretinous buffoons. People wey dem suppose use N20 rat poison kill throway.
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by Ebubu: 12:23pm On Mar 29, 2022
lexy2014:

They have all run into their holes. They don't have electricity or fuel. Shame no let them make noise again. Even seems to have taken a break
we all go feel the change las las grin

APC card carrying members no dey buy fuel for special designated depots, nor do they ply designated roads different from the rest of us

We will see
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by lexy2014: 12:23pm On Mar 29, 2022
Splitmind:

Did the circular say anything like this:

“Dear passengers, due to unforeseen circumstances, Train operations along the Abuja-Kaduna route has been temporarily suspended. Further communication would be given in due course.”

The PUNCH had reported how terrorists bombed the Abuja-Kaduna rail tracks and attacked a train filled with passengers on Monday night.
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by truthCoder: 12:25pm On Mar 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Are we talking of the January 1966 crisis led by an Major NZEOGWU? Or the subsequent leadership led by Aguiyi Ironsi that did away with all the regions and foisted this heavily centralised Nigeria we have today? Or is it the July 1966 response to the January 1966 attack?

I said crises and not crisis. There is a difference.
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by Gamesmart: 12:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
arowolo:

If you are making such amount monthly, why not focus on it? The question is why do you need people? If truly it is working for you, why not involve your family members and friends? Why do you have to convince an outsider that you are making such huge sum? Just a bit confused here

What is wrong with you?

Why are you a Doubting Thomas?

He is just doing it to help strangers "out of the pure goodness of his heart" like bizgenera.

https://www.nairaland.com/7048105/how-earn-100k-500k-monthly#111431815

"We still have good people around". Leave his own family out of this scam great "opportunity".
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by SmartyPants(m): 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2022
JosephXavier:

It's unfortunate but your sense is diminishing

How did PPP at the state built what?

I mean I clearly acknowledged that I may be wrong so what is the attack for?

sigh. Another day with nairaland clowns.
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by emmykk(m): 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2022
KarlWhyte:

This has ntn to do with Arabic... Oga stop with this ur bigotry....incase u re not aware... Theres an Arabic version of the bible!

I serve in the north for during my NYSC and I saw kid between 7-16years reciting Arabic tablet and books but can't write A to Z.

The south is the most educated today because according to my mom obafemi Awolowo started free Education around 1942.
And she was able to attend in delta state
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by GGirll: 1:12pm On Mar 29, 2022
treesun:
Lai Mohammed's Buhari's achievement suspended!

grin grin grin ; grin
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by GGirll: 1:14pm On Mar 29, 2022
JosephXavier:
This is the second time this Kaduna-Abuja railway is being suspended because of attack in the past four months

The FG will soon fix it in not less than a week but I still wonder why FG won't also pay attention to South East the way it is done to other regions

It is only in South East that train don't operate in Nigeria

Pls he shouldn't o, we don't need it, let those that need it have it at their own peril
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by airsaylongcome: 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
truthCoder:

I said crises and not crisis. There is a difference.

My emphasis was on your statement that most of the technocrats kicked out were Igbo....the Igbo brought that on themselves. Led the one sided coup, brought unitary government there after
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by lalax(m): 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
When u have illiterates in govt...
Na so d country go dey go front and back...
Onyibo pple go dey laugh us now... Person wey talk say naija na joke no just lie ...
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2022
Gamesmart:

What is wrong with you?

Why are you a Doubting Thomas?

He is just doing it to help strangers "out of the pure goodness of his heart" like bizgenera.

https://www.nairaland.com/7048105/how-earn-100k-500k-monthly#111431815

"We still have good people around". Leave his own family out of this scam great "opportunity".

Okay Sir, grin
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by truthCoder: 4:08pm On Mar 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

My emphasis was on your statement that most of the technocrats kicked out were Igbo....the Igbo brought that on themselves. Led the one sided coup, brought unitary government there after

I am sure you were not there. Your understanding of the whole events are based on third party accounts or slightly biased witnesses.

I am not Igbo but in this context, it doesn’t matter.

If you want to do an unbiased research, you can check the records of the employment in the federal civil service and nigeria railways commission pre 1966. Check the employment data in reference to region of origin. Compare same with statistics from 1980s and you will find out.

Not everything is tribal.
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by airsaylongcome: 4:19pm On Mar 29, 2022
truthCoder:

I am sure you were not there. Your understanding of the whole events are based on third party accounts or slightly biased witnesses.

I am not Igbo but in this context, it doesn’t matter.

If you want to do an unbiased research, you can check the records of the employment in the federal civil service and nigeria railways commission pre 1966. Check the employment data in reference to region of origin. Compare same with statistics from 1980s and you will find out.

Not everything is tribal.

Lol! You are sure I wasn't there. "There" as in the theatre of operations or "there" as in being alive during the events?

Yes the Igbo predominated the officer class of the military and civil service at the time. But mentioning that the technocrat class was predominantly Igbo shows some tribal and political leanings. In my opinion, you should have just said the '66 crises wiped out the technocrats without going on to say that it was predominantly Igbo. To me, it made you sound like you were insinuating that the '66 pogroms weakened ndi-Igbo. I'm non-Igbo myself and have absolutely nothing against the Igbos.
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by truthCoder: 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! You are sure I wasn't there. "There" as in the theatre of operations or "there" as in being alive during the events?

Yes the Igbo predominated the officer class of the military and civil service at the time. But mentioning that the technocrat class was predominantly Igbo shows some tribal and political leanings. In my opinion, you should have just said the '66 crises wiped out the technocrats without going on to say that it was predominantly Igbo. To me, it made you sound like you were insinuating that the '66 pogroms weakened ndi-Igbo. I'm non-Igbo myself and have absolutely nothing against the Igbos.

You are right. I should have simply said the progroms weakened the technocrat class.

However, the core of the technocrat class was factually and predominantly igbos. They were at the ferries, airlines and railways.

The Igbos were also on charge of the military and the police. This was in part due to the proliferation of catholic schools in the east early 1900s when the north were still reluctant to learn the new culture. The south west was predominantly university and teacher education focused for the elites with the university brethrens focusing on law or medicine.

We had the other tribes mainly handling either the managerial classes or the hard labor.

There was a capacity gap caused by the killings between 1966 to 1970. This was worsened by the quota system.

Look at UAE of today. The technocrat class is the indians and pakistans. If a policy comes in play tomorrow that all indians should leave uae, you would notice a decline in efficiency.

The same thing happened in south africa when the blacks took over. South Africa has plateaued since then.
Re: NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely by kafeii123: 4:46am On Mar 30, 2022
And what if they strike along warri itakpe next....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Bars Ekwunife From Anambra Central Senatorial Re-run / Customs Intercepts Smuggled Arms, Military Uniforms, Cocaine, Bottles Of Codeine / Orbih Celebrates As Court Bars INEC From Recognizing Obaseki’s Faction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.