Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi (1701 Views)

Buhari Says He Will Sign Electoral Bill If NASS Makes The Necessary Adjustments / See How Many Ventilators Nigeria Would Have Had If NASS Renovation Money Is Used / Buhari: I’m Not Against Diaspora Voting If NASS Supports It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by osinbanjoisaliar: 10:14pm On Mar 29, 2022
The Minister of Transportat Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, on Tuesday said he predicted the Monday attack on the Kaduna-bound train coming, lamenting that he had requested digital security apparatus to forestall such incident.

The visibly angry Amaechi told reporters that the attack would have been foiled if the procurement of the N3 billion high capacity rail track cameras and sensors was not blocked. He said the equipment would eliminate all blind spots on the train corridors across the country.

The minister, who spoke during a visit to the scene of the attack, also said eight persons died in the terrorist attack while 25 persons were injured and hospitalized. He added that 398 passengers were on board.

He said, “We knew what the problems will be. We know we needed to have digital security equipment on the corridors. We applied for it. Let me just stop here so I don’t hurt so many people. But I heard the president has given a directive that the procurement must be completed immediately

“If we had those equipment on the tracks, you will see the entire track. And we warned that lives would be lost. Now lives were lost. Eight persons dead and 25 persons in the hospital.

We don’t know how many people have been kidnapped. And the cost of those equipment is just N3bn. The cost of what we have lost is more than N3bn.

“We have lost track. We have lost locomotive and coaches. We have lost human beings. And the equipment is just N3bn. To fix the damages will cost more than N3bn. To imagine that we just said give us the approval and not even the money. At the time we asked for it, Dollar was N400, and now its about N500. When you come with sincerity to government and people are stopping you, it is annoying.”

Our Correspondent gathered from sources at the Kubwa and Idu train stations that at least 10 bodies were evacuated.

Amaechi said contacts tracing of passengers had started to identify everyone on board the train.

https://dailytrust.com/we-predicted-attacks-on-train-requested-security-equipment-amaechi

2 Likes

Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by Emdsa: 10:15pm On Mar 29, 2022
Maybe they were thinking otherwise
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by DrGoodman: 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2022
Mr. Eye service, how many trains are running in your own state, NONE.

I don't know when the south will have sense.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by AJOBI77(m): 10:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
After thought. Una know Wetin Una dey do between Una selves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by Kukukillus: 10:20pm On Mar 29, 2022
Lol
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by istina: 10:22pm On Mar 29, 2022
Can you hear an insensitive remark from an insensitive man
It's all about the money and not the masses

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by ThinkSmarter: 10:23pm On Mar 29, 2022
Oversabi NASS
Meanwhile the airforce and army should act real Rambo film at all terrorists den.
Except both the military and government are playing Nigerians.
The corrupt elites are the sponsors of terrorism.
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by flokii: 10:26pm On Mar 29, 2022
I'm sick and tired of this Amaechi man.. It's not at this time he should be making such statement. No respect for the dead and wonded.

Will the cameras come equipped with guns or what? even Military formations have been attacked talk more of locomotive with security cameras. Why are some people greedy for money like this?

3 Likes

Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by AbujaCitiBlog: 10:29pm On Mar 29, 2022
istina:
Please shut up. Learn how to read and assimilate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by mymadam(m): 10:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
...The corrupt elites are the sponsors of terrorism.

Gbam angry
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
Fork boys.
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by Obalacam(m): 10:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
In other w, we should be ready for more attacks since the money wasn't given to him
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by ganisucks(f): 10:36pm On Mar 29, 2022
What is this. Amaechi wants to head the government and he's so out of shape. Look at Wike, he has dropped the excess weight he initially had

Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by ozo13(m): 10:40pm On Mar 29, 2022
Blame game as usual
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by festacman(m): 10:46pm On Mar 29, 2022
The fact is that our lawmakers treat some requests from the executive with suspicion that it is scheme to siphon money. So they demand for a slice of the money or they won't give approval. Sometimes, they don't bother with oversight function to scrutinize the merit of the project involved until the concerned minister LOBBIES them to the job they took oath to do.

It is all pathetic SYMPTOMS of a corrupt system.

3 Likes

Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by Shollez(m): 10:49pm On Mar 29, 2022
IS THAT WHY YOU DID THE JOB? JOB WELL DONE OK
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by HitRun(m): 10:53pm On Mar 29, 2022
Rubbish! Who blocked you from installing it? If the president has ordered for it to be installed now without NASS approval, what stopped you from installing it before?

1 Like

Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by izenco2005(m): 10:54pm On Mar 29, 2022
grin grin angry angry angry angry
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by Cryofigbos: 11:01pm On Mar 29, 2022
Amaechi will never go Scot free with all d embezzlement from rail in dis country......always wanting more money to steal
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by Advocate500: 11:08pm On Mar 29, 2022
Another idiot with senseless comments.
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by ArewaNorth: 11:24pm On Mar 29, 2022
DrGoodman:

Pls stop this delusional regional politics. Warri-Itakpe, Kaduna-Abuja and Lagos-Ibadan are the only fully operational train services which benefits all Nigerians.
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by DrGoodman: 11:26pm On Mar 29, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Pls stop this delusional regional politics. Warri-Itakpe, Kaduna-Abuja and Lagos-Ibadan are the only fully operational train services which benefits all Nigerians.

And Rivers state is in Kaduna? grin

I Don’t blame you, it's the mumu southerners I blame.

1 Like

Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by JAMO84: 11:28pm On Mar 29, 2022
When I tell people that our number one problem is money, they don't believe me.

Our government officials lifestyle makes us feel like we are rich.

Americans are more corrupt than us, but because they have more than enough, they don't feel.

America system is so corrupt that even Hushpupi took $25m from them.

WE NEED TO STOP WASTING MONEY ON SUBSIDY AND SPEND ON IMPORTANT THINGS
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by queenceleb: 11:29pm On Mar 29, 2022
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by yyba: 11:41pm On Mar 29, 2022
DrGoodman:

is it must train run in his state or is it his state only that train is not running ? Mteeeeew all this small kids in nairaland self undecided
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by hmohammed(m): 11:42pm On Mar 29, 2022
JAMO84:
When I tell people that our number one problem is money, they don't believe me.

Our government officials lifestyle makes us feel like we are rich.

Americans are more corrupt than us, but because they have more than enough, they don't feel.

America system is so corrupt that even Hushpupi took $25m from them.

WE NEED TO STOP WASTING MONEY ON SUBSIDY AND SPEND ON IMPORTANT THINGS

Intelligent man. This is very correct. It's hard for people to understand. Most Nigerians are daft
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by yyba: 11:43pm On Mar 29, 2022
istina:
are you having reading comprehension ? Isn't the minister requesting more that will be beneficial for all ? Kids everywhere angry
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by yyba: 11:45pm On Mar 29, 2022
flokii:
I'm sick and tired of this Amaechi man.. It's not at this time he should be making such statement. No respect for the dead and wonded.

Will the cameras come equipped with guns or what? even Military formations have been attacked talk more of locomotive with security cameras. Why are some people greedy for money like this?
if you can't understand in english why not look for someone to interpret it to you in your language before typing rubbish in a public forum

1 Like

Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by yyba: 11:47pm On Mar 29, 2022
HitRun:
Rubbish! Who blocked you from installing it? If the president has ordered for it to be installed now without NASS approval, what stopped you from installing it before?
from where will the #3 billion comes from
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by SarkinYarki: 11:49pm On Mar 29, 2022
How would high capacity rail track cameras stop the bandits ?
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by HitRun(m): 12:11am On Mar 30, 2022
yyba:
from where will the #3 billion comes from

Where has the N3 billion come from now?
Re: If NASS Had Given Me 3billion Naira There Would Have Been No Attack--amaechi by yyba: 12:59am On Mar 30, 2022
HitRun:

Where has the N3 billion come from now?
you just rush to type rubbish without even reading what the news is all about Mteeeeew

(1) (2)

Why Is It That Delta People Like Saying This Thing / His Name Is ''Yekini Amoda Ogunlere'' / Aye Dee Explains How To View Tinubu $460k Seized For Heroin & Money Laundering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.