Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,061 members, 7,828,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye (35023 Views)

Olaoye: Court Sacks Soun Of Ogbomoso, Orders Fresh Selection process / RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso / Soun Of Ogbomoso, Oba Ajagungbade Buried (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by mastermaestro(m): 9:31am On Mar 30, 2022
omooba969:

What is the darkness?

Your question is rhetorically dumb. He doesn’t have to explain such a contextually explicit statement to you. You can choose to be blunt.
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by HBB1(m): 9:37am On Mar 30, 2022
mastermaestro:

Don’t be drunk in your own sentiments. What ritual processes did he undergo before emerging as king? I have no problem with common people taking up royal positions. But for a practising pastor, I would say that a lot was really wrong with his Christian faith.

Compromise always weakens or collapses Christian denominations. Sadly, RCCG has entered that phase of compromise. It’s a huge shame for a denomination I used to admire as a shining example. sad

There have been Christian Obas before him and there will be more after...

Who are you to judge who God appointed or who he did not?

Talking about Ritual processess, Daniel was Prime Minister to about 3 Persio-Median Kings...

But that did not make you uncomfortable.

The Christian Oba knows what Rites to refuse and those that do not count.
Yeah, some of them do not count-- even Apostle Paul said so.

You cannot fully understand the plans of God.

Why don't you take a leaf from Isaac, Gamaliel and Men like them who though did not understand the strange happenings at the time, were humble enough to be open minded.

Even Christ came for the Samaritans and ate with 'Sinners'

People like you would have torn their hair out seeing him do so.

Oga, no dey form 'Na me holy pass'

People are doing meaningful things with their lives!

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by ellizy(m): 9:38am On Mar 30, 2022
derecho:
Unfortunately, he owes those who have known him some explanation. Especially as the Christian practice is different from the new one he'll be going into now.
Any responsible person has people he is responsible to
I don’t know why an African man sees anything cultural/tradition forbidden… Even David in the good books was a king….
Does being a king stops one from serving God?
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by mastermaestro(m): 9:43am On Mar 30, 2022
HBB1:

There have been Christian Obas before him and there will be more after...

Who are you to judge who God appointed or who he did not?

Talking about Ritual processess, Daniel was Prime Minister to about 3 Persio-Median Kings...

But that did not make you uncomfortable.

The Christian Oba knows what Rites to refuse and those that do not count.
Yeah, some of them do not count-- even Apostle Paul said so.

You cannot fully understand the plans of God.

Why don't you take a leaf from Isaac, Gamaliel and Men like them who though did not understand the strange happenings at the time, were humble enough to be open minded.

Even Christ came for the Samaritans and ate with 'Sinners'

People like you would have torn their hair out seeing him do so.

Oga, no dey form 'Na me holy pass'

People are doing meaningful things with their lives!

You are a compromised believer. When it involves bread, you would twist Scriptures to justify a questionable act. GOD have mercy on RCCG. Like Prophet Eli’s ministry, like RCCG.

Safe sail, I have left you guys behind.
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by ajayiopy: 9:45am On Mar 30, 2022
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/god-told-me-to-become-soun-of-ogbomoso-rccg-pastor-olaoye/

BABA OCCUPY YOUR POSITION AND LEAVE GOD OUT OF THIS. YOU WANTED SOUN AND YOU GOT IT,PERIOD.
JUST BE CAREFUL WITH YORUBA TRADITION BECAUSE YOU CAN NEVER BEND THE RULE. YOU CAN ASK THE WIFE OF FORMER OSEMAWE OF ONDO LAND FOR MORE EXPLANATION,SHE ALSO A PASTOR IN REDEEMED TOO .
GOODLUCK TO YOU
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by TempleHouse: 9:49am On Mar 30, 2022
HAS HE BEEN DECLARED SOUN ACTUALLY
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by HBB1(m): 9:53am On Mar 30, 2022
mastermaestro:

You are a compromised believer. When it involves bread, you would twist Scriptures to justify a questionable act. GOD have mercy on RCCG. Like Prophet Eli’s ministry, like RCCG.

Safe sail, I have left you guys behind.

Compromised?

Hahahah grin cheesy

I am sure you would have told the Ethiopian, Philip preached to, to never go back to Court, as he was going to be serving Mammon.

Or Cornelius, or even Nebuchadnezzer, who later acknowledged God.

"All authority is God ordained"

Or you have not read that part?

So you want the heathen to continue ruling you, and you expect good results.

All through the Bible, how did God save his people?

By raising people-- Moses, Joshua, Saul, David, Gideon...
Jesus.

Your mindset is a recipe for Mediocrity.

I hope you do something reasonable with your life though!

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by ledaman: 10:09am On Mar 30, 2022
Yahoo Yahoo pastor cheesy
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by JastSiryin(m): 10:15am On Mar 30, 2022
After which he'd proceed to be the most average ineffective ruler ever, while constantly claiming to follow divine guidance. This is the "average" Christian in a nutshell angry
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by derecho(m): 10:20am On Mar 30, 2022
It's not about Africa friend. If you are a Christian, these are very basic things.Take time and study how Kings emerged in the Bible days and whether there was difference between them and pagan kings.

There's nothing wrong with leadership provided you don't sin against God.

Besides, Christians are followers of Christ Not David or Abraham.
ellizy:

I don’t know why an African man sees anything cultural/tradition forbidden… Even David in the good books was a king….
Does being a king stops one from serving God?
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by Kaybex007(m): 10:21am On Mar 30, 2022
I don't blame those who condemn these pastors when such thing happen, afterall it's what they've always preached against, now their preachings are going against them. These are the set of people who has made us feel everything about our culture is evil, now God is trying to open the eyes of people through the so called men and women of God. With these, the wise ones should know the difference between the good and the bad in our culture. He has now automatically become the head of all idol worshipers, witches and wizards in ogbomoso and he will be carried along with the tradition. so many people wouldn't have seen anything wrong in this if only they never condemned these cultures and tradition because they want to gain followers. Peace be unto everyone.
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by CoolAmbience(m): 10:23am On Mar 30, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:
Men are really funny!

That's how one told us he drove from Ore to Lagos on empty tank grin grin grin

Abeg, who talk am again?

Lol.

They won't kill me in this country.
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by d4gmail: 10:24am On Mar 30, 2022
The pastor is 100%. God cannot rule, if we don't rule. He created us to take Rulership of the earth. Now is job as a child of God is to go there and influence that space with the mind of God.
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by Johnboom: 10:24am On Mar 30, 2022
Cryomancer:
Same way God told Osinbajo to become vice president and Remi Tinubu to become a senator.... Look where that has gotten us today as a country.

RCCG and it's pastoral ordination process really needs to be checked because these guys after ordination keeps bringing the name of God to disrepute by saying things that we know God would never say to their type of person.

If Osinbajo and Remi Tinubu after their open and bold telling of lies in public can still remain a pastor in RCCG then it shows that the ordination is not of God.

Been a member of RCCG for more than 12yrs but my distaste for the church in the last 2yrs is on the high side and I'm still seeking out a good church free of scandal to start attending.
Try Apostolic Faith
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by omooba969(m): 10:25am On Mar 30, 2022
mastermaestro:

Your question is rhetorically dumb. He doesn’t have to explain such a contextually explicit statement to you. You can choose to be blunt.

Loool cheesy Nigerians!!!

Just received a mention from an angry cave man who couldn't decipher my question. grin

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by derecho(m): 10:29am On Mar 30, 2022
I'm trying hard to understand how a Soun or Ooni or Even Olu would rule without those sacrifices.

Olu in the public seems to always show he is Christian but how does he handle the "necessary" sacrifices to "the gods of the land".
Abi will they exempt him from those rituals?

I think it's naive to think you must compromise to be influential.
If you ask me, it's a demotion from being a Pastor(if he was truly one) to being a Soun.
The Ganduje-EmirSanusi saga showed us how lowly placed all these kings are.
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by newisd75: 10:36am On Mar 30, 2022
funny enough what if a pastor tell his G.O that God told him 2 go & take over from a powerful witch doctor in a village who is a member of his family
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by dalass(f): 10:55am On Mar 30, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
demented holy fools!

Don't think think you're too harsh?

What's his offense that you called him demented
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by dalass(f): 11:02am On Mar 30, 2022
Cryomancer:
Same way God told Osinbajo to become vice president and Remi Tinubu to become a senator.... Look where that has gotten us today as a country.

RCCG and it's pastoral ordination process really needs to be checked because these guys after ordination keeps bringing the name of God to disrepute by saying things that we know God would never say to their type of person.

If Osinbajo and Remi Tinubu after their open and bold telling of lies in public can still remain a pastor in RCCG then it shows that the ordination is not of God.

Been a member of RCCG for more than 12yrs but my distaste for the church in the last 2yrs is on the high side and I'm still seeking out a good church free of scandal to start attending.

God selected Saul to be King..... Same as David, Jehu and others, yet all their kingdoms still experienced troubles, famines, wars etc..... God isn't the problem............

, it's the human factor!!!!

Remi Tinubu and Osinbajo are only 2 people in the midst of thousands of politicians... At least you can't pin any of the problem in Nigeria directly on them. We actually need more God fearing men and women in our government
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by Ramirezkhay(m): 11:14am On Mar 30, 2022
cheesy

Lol if truly you know the meaning of Ignorance, you won't say this!

grin
ayo2008:

Ignorance! What make him to be a fool? Christians are meant to be a light in the midst of darkness and are meant to meant to dominate.. God will surely work with him.

Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by delpee(f): 11:17am On Mar 30, 2022
Cryomancer:

I really appreciate your words of wisdom here. I just pray for God's grace and direction.

God bless you Ma'am..

Thank God.
God will surely guide and bless you.
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by Iliya1520: 12:14pm On Mar 30, 2022
omo! i don't know sha, either na only for nigeria pastors god de speak.
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by writeprof(m): 12:23pm On Mar 30, 2022
Cryomancer:

Been a member of RCCG for more than 12yrs but my distaste for the church in the last 2yrs is on the high side and I'm still seeking out a good church free of scandal to start attending.[/quote]

You won't find any church like that unless it is attended only by ANGELS and not HUMANS.
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:
Men are really funny!

That's how one told us he drove from Ore to Lagos on empty tank grin grin grin
one said he spent over 2Million for his wedding without having a kobo and he didn't borrow money from friends or family.
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by pemisire017(m): 12:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
The Kingdom of God is been extended to facet of endeavour gradually
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by davidque: 12:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
demented holy fools!

Seems you are the only Fool here.........
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 30, 2022
dem don come again!
naso d oda one talk say God told him that subpar eagles will win ghana... pastor hw market?
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by zoghys: 1:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
demented holy fools!

NOPE, you are the demented myopic fool. The lord works in a mysterious ways, so thou shall not judge, else you will be judged.
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by Dchampion65: 1:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
Cryomancer:

Can you please enumerate what Osinbajo and Remi Tinubu should have done in their capacity to save the nation.

Secondly your excellency, don't forget as well to tell us issues you have with RCCG as a church.
Re: God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye by Henrygetpaid: 2:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
When there are more than enough men to fill into his shoes....
He can go home.....
After all it's all about purpose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cultists Hijack Corpse Of Ife High-Chief, Omisakin / Olubadan's Attire As He Shops With His Wives In London. Photo / Some Tribes And Their Weird Cultural Practices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.