Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce (15776 Views)

Own A Cassava-cashew Farm Today-100% Managed-cultivation Till Harvest / How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) / Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Graciousnaija: 7:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
Irrigate the cashew farm and ensure constant water gets to across the farm. Don't wait for this dwindling raining season. You will take me later.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by greymiles: 7:10pm On Mar 31, 2022
Signs of end time
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by julybaba(m): 7:11pm On Mar 31, 2022
Apply fertilizer with nitrogen, phosphorus, and zinc

&

Increase soil water by irrigation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by princeemmma(m): 7:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
Me know be farmer, i just came to read the post and comments.

We move
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Czario: 7:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
Have you ascertained whether you're using GM genetically modified seeds ?

Most are only good for one harvest only.
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by AgentGoat: 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2022
Gastrocnemius:

I don't think this is necessary. How many trees do we want to cut down? Some of them are over 20 years and they've been doing well b4

They are over twenty years and you are complaining?
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Slurity(m): 7:17pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nairaland need award for allowing good information hit front page, not snakes and yeyebrity news alone
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by SEGLIZ: 7:20pm On Mar 31, 2022
pyyxxaro:
Take some prayer warriors to were the tree is located

Let them surround the tree and cast out the demon of barrenness tormenting it grin

it sounds funny but it is the realistic. I once heard someone with a cotton plantation that refuse to yield from inception.

he did not but took a pastor friend there to pray, from my understanding that same week the farm plant began to bloom.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Slurity(m): 7:22pm On Mar 31, 2022
Gastrocnemius:

I don't think this is necessary. How many trees do we want to cut down? Some of them are over 20 years and they've been doing well b4
Cashew plants start bearing after three years of planting and reach full bearing during tenth year and continue giving remunerative yields for another 20 years. The cashew nuts are harvested during February. Most of your cashew are already too old to fruit. Sudden climate change may worsen the productivity.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Onnasucs1(m): 7:23pm On Mar 31, 2022
Do a soil test

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Nomyth: 7:27pm On Mar 31, 2022
Try budding and grafting that we learnt in Agric Science in those days.
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by tempest01(m): 7:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hezzyluv:

You expect over 20years cashews trees to blossom like the early years of Ronaldo and Messi abi?

Ok, go and bring pastors let them cash-out from you and your dad or begin to bring rift among family. Because, some of them will tell you It's Mr. Lagbaja who's harvesting it spiritually.

If you don't know something ask, instead of being condenscending. Cashew trees do well up to and more than 35 years.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by uche393: 7:29pm On Mar 31, 2022
it's a general thing this year, This is due to climate change. there is no need to worry

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Golden111(m): 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
I suggest you consult the agrochemical experts. Pest and disease may be the cause or maybe the trees need some kind of treatment to revitalize
Gastrocnemius:
What is the essence of having a large cashew farm without it bringing forth fruits. Knowing well that the joy seen in a cashew farmer can't be over emphasized when he sees each of the branches bringing forth flowers which eventually results into cashew fruit and the seed.

My Dad owns a large cashew farm which occupies most of our farm land. Thereby, depriving us of growing food crops in those areas. With the spike in the price of cashew seeds, it always saddens me when I recall how those trees has been failing us.

As at 3 years ago, we realized 11 bags of the seed. Subsequently, the yield has decreased drastically. We got only 5 bags this year which has become the worst of all. Funny enough, more cashew trees are grown every year. Some of the trees don't bring out flowers at all. whereas, some will and the flowers dry off later.

If you have any information which will make the yield of those trees increase, please, you are welcome.
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by hurryup123(m): 7:31pm On Mar 31, 2022
Buhari is in power

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Kimiso(m): 7:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
lorhema:

Low yield due to age?
the trees has entered menopause please forget about them,since all these days wey dem don dey give you fruits you no dey tire nii abeg shift grin grin grin
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by topoftheworld(m): 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
Gastrocnemius:
What is the essence of having a large cashew farm without it bringing forth fruits. Knowing well that the joy seen in a cashew farmer can't be over emphasized when he sees each of the branches bringing forth flowers which eventually results into cashew fruit and the seed.

My Dad owns a large cashew farm which occupies most of our farm land. Thereby, depriving us of growing food crops in those areas. With the spike in the price of cashew seeds, it always saddens me when I recall how those trees has been failing us.

As at 3 years ago, we realized 11 bags of the seed. Subsequently, the yield has decreased drastically. We got only 5 bags this year which has become the worst of all. Funny enough, more cashew trees are grown every year. Some of the trees don't bring out flowers at all. whereas, some will and the flowers dry off later.

If you have any information which will make the yield of those trees increase, please, you are welcome.

Well, I don't know abt ur previous experience but this year, cashew didn't do well at all.
Here in Bunue, my Dad's cashew farm didn't do well at all, I was wondering bcus I never experience such before..

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Akwu001(m): 7:37pm On Mar 31, 2022
THE TRUTH IS THAT THIS COULD BE A SPIRITUAL ATTACK. YOU MUST NOT CALL A PASTOR TO PRAY FOR THE FARM. YOU PEOPLE SHOULD DECLARE A SEASON, PERHAPS SEVEN DAYS OF FASTING AND PRAYER. BUY A BOTTLE OF ANOINTING OIL AND ANOINT THE TREES AND THE GROUND. THEN WATCH AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by vikstandon(m): 7:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
Gastrocnemius:

Cut the branches so the regenerate
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by earleswood(f): 7:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
Get into bee farming to enable pollination.
Beekeeping has an important role in generating and expanding the income of small-scale cashew farmers. Hives are placed in the orchards in return for bee pollination services, not only boosting cashew nut yields, but the farmer’s income also benefits from the sale of honey and wax.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by zanshi: 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2022
Maybe they don't have enough insects or flies to pollinate them, i suggest you get some bees on the farm so as to pollinate it much better.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by shadelek(m): 7:42pm On Mar 31, 2022
Gastrocnemius:

Cashew production this year isn't encouraging and it's every where.
Besides, 3 years old isn't ripe for maximum production yet, you need to wait for about 5 to 6 years
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by bilangha(m): 7:42pm On Mar 31, 2022
apply folia fertilizer and cofresh insectide
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by rajiedreez: 7:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
Dem cashew are ......... winkcool just my thought though
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by tit(f): 7:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
Na witchcraft be that
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by tit(f): 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
Czario:
Have you ascertained whether you're using GM genetically modified seeds ?

Most are only good for one harvest only.

Chaaai

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by mcdokwe(m): 7:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
Gastrocnemius:

20 years? They've probably aged. You can cut and replace in sections of you do y want to replace all at once
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Ayodinifyz(m): 7:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
We had one cashew tree that produce less than 15 fruit per year, they bigger it get the less fruit it produce.. Strange we just cut it.
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by JackWolfskin: 7:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
- Don't cut off the old trees yet.
- Buy new seedlings.
- Plant them between the old trees. Equidistantly
- Trim the old trees to allow for sunlight.
- Spray foliar fertiliser on the old trees just before they flower.
- Rrmove/Thin out older trees as new seedlings mature.
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Btruth: 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
........you need a soil test to know if your farm soil is suitable for cashew plantations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beans Plant Duration / My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) / Researchers Discover Cure For ‘Tomato Ebola’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.