Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,856 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce (15721 Views)

Own A Cassava-cashew Farm Today-100% Managed-cultivation Till Harvest / How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) / Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Gastrocnemius: 9:17am On Mar 31, 2022
What is the essence of having a large cashew farm without it bringing forth fruits. Knowing well that the joy seen in a cashew farmer can't be over emphasized when he sees each of the branches bringing forth flowers which eventually results into cashew fruit and the seed.

My Dad owns a large cashew farm which occupies most of our farm land. Thereby, depriving us of growing food crops in those areas. With the spike in the price of cashew seeds, it always saddens me when I recall how those trees has been failing us.

As at 3 years ago, we realized 11 bags of the seed. Subsequently, the yield has decreased drastically. We got only 5 bags this year which has become the worst of all. Funny enough, more cashew trees are grown every year. Some of the trees don't bring out flowers at all. whereas, some will and the flowers dry off later.

If you have any information which will make the yield of those trees increase, please, you are welcome.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Cutehector(m): 9:18am On Mar 31, 2022
Wow.. We learn everyday.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 31, 2022
Cutehector:
Wow.. We learn everyday.
But you can never learn na, is it not you again

17 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Hezzyluv: 9:22am On Mar 31, 2022
Maybe that's how the species of these particular cashews are.

Cut down all the trees, look for another seedlings and plant.

Then, you have to be patient for few years 3-4years before you start another harvest.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by pyyxxaro: 9:23am On Mar 31, 2022
Take some prayer warriors to were the tree is located

Let them surround the tree and cast out the demon of barrenness tormenting it grin

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by rickpat(m): 9:26am On Mar 31, 2022
i think it's the specie of the cashew....go for a new specie possibly the rapid yielding species...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Hezzyluv: 9:29am On Mar 31, 2022
pyyxxaro:
Take some prayer warriors to were the tree is located

Let them surround the tree and cast out the demon of barrenness tormenting it grin

@bold,
They'll now cash-out from him and his dad.cool

13 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Gastrocnemius: 9:34am On Mar 31, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Maybe that's how the species of these particular cashews are.

Cut down all the trees, look for another seedlings and plant.

Then, you have to be patient for few years 3-4years before you start another harvest.

I don't think this is necessary. How many trees do we want to cut down? Some of them are over 20 years and they've been doing well b4

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by pyyxxaro: 9:34am On Mar 31, 2022
Hezzyluv:

@bold,
They'll now cash-out from him and his dad.cool

They won’t cashout from him , they would only come to chew free Cashew whenever it starts producing

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Hezzyluv: 9:40am On Mar 31, 2022
Gastrocnemius:

I don't think this is necessary. How many trees do we want to cut down? Some of them are over 20 years and they've been doing well b4

You expect over 20years cashews trees to blossom like the early years of Ronaldo and Messi abi?

Ok, go and bring pastors let them cash-out from you and your dad or begin to bring rift among family. Because, some of them will tell you It's Mr. Lagbaja who's harvesting it spiritually.

27 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Gastrocnemius: 10:16am On Mar 31, 2022
Hezzyluv:

You expect over 20years cashews trees to blossom like the early years of Ronaldo and Messi abi?

Ok, go and bring pastors let them cash-out from you and your dad or begin to bring rift among family. Because, some of them will tell you It's Mr. Lagbaja Who's Harvesting It Spiritually.

To be Candid, I am not that spiritual to the extent of calling a pastor to come and deliver my cashew farm, though I believe in extra- terrestrial powers based on my experience. Also that your last statement is very possible. You might not believe it but I know people are doing it very well in my area and it works for them

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Gastrocnemius: 10:17am On Mar 31, 2022
What I really need is that, is there not a way to bye-pass this unfruitfulness in the modern way?. May be through application of chemicals and others
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by lorhema(f): 1:44pm On Mar 31, 2022
Gastrocnemius:

Low yield due to age?

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Gastrocnemius: 2:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
lorhema:

Low yield due to age?

Not really. There are some young dudes that do not produce at all.
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by mfm04622: 4:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
Gastrocnemius:

They are too old. You need to remove them and replant the cashew plantation.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by mfm04622: 4:29pm On Mar 31, 2022
Gastrocnemius:

Not really. There are some young dudes that do not produce at all.

Invite expert to check. Also do soil test.

21 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Househelp(m): 7:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
Please my fellow nairaland as country hard I want to sell my dell London used laptop in Abuja please quote me if interested
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Johnheir2(m): 7:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
Please nairalanders I want to feel loved.
I want to know how happy an individual is when his post is liked
This is my best week so far ever on this platform.
Lemme see your likes

(Modified)
I don't just know why I'm feeling happy as if I won lottery.... Thanks family ♥️♥️♥️

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Triangles1(m): 7:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
Insect could be the cause or male cashew was planted instead of female seed.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by wisdom042(m): 7:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
Na barren ground be dat

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Timoleon(m): 7:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
The gods must be angry with him. He should appease them and appease the soil.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
It's not it's time. You will have to be patience. Or Maybe you should save rain water and pour it on the trees.
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Administration1: 7:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
I think you have an infestation, go to the agric section, I once read something like that some time ago, before the crash of nairaland though, I think you should ask, you might get pointed in the direction

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Maybak55: 7:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
T
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by iCauseTrouble: 7:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
angry
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by Jnana19(m): 7:06pm On Mar 31, 2022
Yes i have
quote author=Gastrocnemius post=111522002]What is the essence of having a large cashew farm without it bringing forth fruits. Knowing well that the joy seen in a cashew farmer can't be over emphasized when he sees each of the branches bringing forth flowers which eventually results into cashew fruit and the seed.

My Dad owns a large cashew farm which occupies most of our farm land. Thereby, depriving us of growing food crops in those areas. With the spike in the price of cashew seeds, it always saddens me when I recall how those trees has been failing us.

As at 3 years ago, we realized 11 bags of the seed. Subsequently, the yield has decreased drastically. We got only 5 bags this year which has become the worst of all. Funny enough, more cashew trees are grown every year. Some of the trees don't bring out flowers at all. whereas, some will and the flowers dry off later.

If you have any information which will make the yield of those trees increase, please, you are welcome.[/quote]
Re: Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce by JamiuKabir: 7:07pm On Mar 31, 2022
Gastrocnemius:
What is the essence of having a large cashew farm without it bringing forth fruits. Knowing well that the joy seen in a cashew farmer can't be over emphasized when he sees each of the branches bringing forth flowers which eventually results into cashew fruit and the seed.

If you have any information which will make the yield of those trees increase, please, you are welcome.

This year harvest is poor my friend,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want To Set Up A Pig Farm In Nigeria. I Need Help To Start Up / Rabbits Farmers Let's Meet Here / Snail Calcium Supplements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.