Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues (39955 Views)

Army Reacts To Gruesome Murder Of Two Soldiers By IPOB/ESN / Army Reacts To Boko Haram/ISWAP's Attack On Governor Zulum's Convoy / Yakubu Dogara: Late Funke Adedoyin Will Be Sorely Missed By Colleagues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by Aonkuuse(m): 5:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
Previous Thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7055430/nigerian-soldier-begs-god-protect

VIRAL VIDEO BY SOLDIER PURPORTEDLY ABANDONED BY COLLEAGUES DURING OPERATIONS MISLEADING, DIVERSIONARY

The attention of the Nigerian Army(NA) has been drawn to a viral video making the rounds on the social media, where a soldier on Wednesday, 30 March 2022 claimed to have been abandoned by his colleagues during operations. Contrary to the claims and impression created by the soldier in the video footage, preliminary investigations have revealed that the video footage was a deliberate attempt to shield himself from being accused of cowardice, having abandoned his colleagues during an ongoing clearance operation in Gurara, Niger State.

It could be recalled that troops of the NA, recently carried out a clearance operation in Gurara Local Government Area of Niger State. Disappointingly, during an encounter, the said soldier abandoned his colleagues and absconded in an outright display of cowardice and possible sabotage, which negate the precepts of the military profession.

Sensing the gravity of his action and its consequences, the soldier surreptitiously uploaded the video online in a calculated attempt to whip-up public sentiment and cover up his act of cowardice. The soldier's action amounts to a betrayal of the esprit de corps and comradery that are synomous with a military unit and fighting formation, particularly during operations. The soldier's conduct is therefore an aberration and against the ethics and core values of the military profession.

The video footage is thus, in all intent, and purpose a misrepresentation of what actually transpired between the soldier and his colleagues.

The soldier has rejoined his unit and further investigations are currently ongoing to unravel the reasons behind his unprofessional conduct.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
31 March 2022

https://www.facebook.com/354312648014400/posts/4670319659746989/

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by Fahdiga(m): 5:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
I knew something was fishy when he claimed his colleagues abandoned him and ran away. How can everyone will be running and only you will remain without joining them to escape. The soldier is in for a hot treatment

166 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by MadamVanessa(f): 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
shocked

Idiotic uselesssss zoo army reaction

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by Coregists: 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
This is serious

Meanwhile Watch Video Of How Gunmen killed one, Raze Local Council Headquarters In Anambra >>>> https://salemgists.com/one-klled-as-gunmen-raze-local-council-headquarters-in-anambra-video/
Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by greatiyk4u(m): 5:06pm On Mar 31, 2022
The guy don enter hot soup,

The military will treat him like a bandit.

40 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by Racoon(m): 5:06pm On Mar 31, 2022
See how swift they are to countering an alleged lie because they want to do an obvious cover up. Remember the NAF pilot whose plane was shot by BH but God spared him to safety? They also denied that his jet was shot down by BH terrorists until he surfaced alive. Nigerian Army of lies.

219 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by dawnomike(m): 5:07pm On Mar 31, 2022
I think this time, the military is saying the truth... But still, i refuse to believe what they have to say

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by Jostoman: 5:07pm On Mar 31, 2022
You guys should continue deceiving yourselves

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by tungamaje: 5:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
This is Nigeria for you. They have turned the case against the soldier ; grin

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by MadamVanessa(f): 5:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
greatiyk4u:
The guy don enter hot soup,

The military will treat him like a bandit.

shocked

Serve him right.

It's foolishness for him to considered joining the zoo army at first.

I can't imagine Puting my life in danger to fight a war I will never win. Only fools enter the zoo army

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by illicit(m): 5:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
Firing squad straight

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by BigRocky: 5:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
This one dun price market,them go show am pepper

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by ehnukiny: 5:13pm On Mar 31, 2022
wahala be like bicycle

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by greatiyk4u(m): 5:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
MadamVanessa:

shocked

Serve him right.

I can imagine Puting my life in danger to fight a war I will never win. Only fools enter the zoo army

Do you have a zoo boyfriend?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by relaxandsmile: 5:31pm On Mar 31, 2022
Fahdiga:
I knew something was fishy when he claimed his colleagues abandoned him and ran away. How can everyone will be running and only you will remain without joining them to escape. The soldier is in for a hot treatment
You should go and watch that video again and see the fear in his face. Don't believe in these army that will rather protect their image than protect the country.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by Emma15678: 5:44pm On Mar 31, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Idiotic uselesssss zoo army reaction
Madam I really respect you so much on this forum, can you please stop making these comments?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by Emma15678: 5:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
MadamVanessa:

shocked

Serve him right.

I can't imagine Puting my life in danger to fight a war I will never win. Only fools enter the zoo army
The same men dying for you now. Nigerians are so heartless.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by Balkan(m): 5:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
Useless terrorist Nigeria army are known for misinformation and lies. I can never believe the army.
The soldier in question is telling the truth.

Nigeria is a zoo. The country is a shit hole

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by Coolsperm: 5:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nothing seem to interest me about this shithole of a country

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by tit(f): 5:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
General Lie Mohammed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by abouzaid: 5:56pm On Mar 31, 2022
Emma15678:

the Nigerian army is worse than heartless. Come to the east and see innocent souls been wasted and homes been burnt down by the army. Patriotism is not built like that.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by nkwuocha: 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nigeria na useless country I swear

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by nkwuocha: 6:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
Emma15678:

I

Which army is dying for who?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2022
Is there any space for me to just cry.....who did we offend in this country?........ don't even know what to write again, I'm tired.this may well be the last we will ever hear about this soldier again,he may probably be killed or locked up for voicing out his predicaments

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by respect80(m): 6:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
shocked
Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by LaSenior: 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2022
grin

When they want to lie they use Igbo man

I never expected any positive response from the Nigerian army

Always in denial

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by letitrainnow(m): 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2022
Chaiii
Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2022
I knew it was fishy, you were not caught by the enemy...then why are you not with your comrades?

Cowards are shot.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Reacts To Video Of A Soldier Purportedly Abandoned By Colleagues by princeemmma(m): 6:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nigeria is the only country that will abandon their soldiers to die in vain, body exposed in desert, no proper burial and stuffs like.

In Nigeria, the people in power will never take to dare wrong, they will always find someone to put the blame on.

This news won't end here, looking forward to hear from the soldier very soon.

Later breeze go blow, we go see the y**nsh of fowl

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) / Ruga: Atiku Vs Femi Fani-Kayode On Twitter / Nigerian Soldiers Dancing Skelewu After The Defeat Of Boko Haram In Baja ( Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.