Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,152 members, 7,835,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far (13290 Views)

Zainab Ahmed: We Can't Continue, Nigeria Losing N250bn Monthly On Fuel Subsidy / Zainab Ahmed: We Have Identified Plans To Generate ₦18 Trillion Revenue / Meet Zainab Ahmed, Biography, Profile, Age, Finance Minister (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:57am On Apr 04, 2022
“For me, I can report to Mr President and say I have seen where all the N157 billion has gone to.”

Nigeria’s Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed, said the Federal Government has spent over N157 billion on the construction of the 2nd Niger Bridge out of the initial cost of N206 billion.

The Federal Government had reviewed the initial cost up to about N400 billion because of rising inflation.

Mrs Ahmed disclosed this on Saturday when she inspected the ongoing construction of the 1.6km bridge.

The minister was received by the Anambra State Governor, Charles Soludo, represented by the Deputy Governor, Onyeka Ibezim.

The Managing Director, Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA), Uche Orji, and the representatives of the construction firm, Julius Berger Nigeria Plc, were also on ground to welcome the minister.

The Ministry of Finance oversees disbursement of funds for the project.

Mrs Ahmed said her visit was to gain an insight into how the funds released for the construction of the bridge are being utilised.

“For me, I can report to Mr President and say I have seen where all the N157 billion has gone to,” she said.

She described the bridge as “one of the iconic projects in the country”.

She said the 2nd Niger Bridge would “uplift the lives and livelihoods” of the people of South-east and South-south parts of the country, when completed.

“People working here are from within the surroundings. So, up to about 20,000 jobs have been created in this project, “she said.

The minister expressed delight that two ends of the bridge had been linked. She lauded the construction firm for “introducing some unique innovations” in the construction.

How the project is being funded
The minister said the project is being funded through the Presidential Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) created by President Muhammadu Buhari and managed by the NSIA.

PIDF is also used to fund the construction of Lagos-Ibadan expressway and the Abuja-Kaduna-Kano-Road, the minister said.

Mrs Ahmed said looted funds recovered from Nigeria’s former military dictator, Sani Abacha, were part of the PIDF.

The Nigerian government established the PIDF in 2018 as a response to the insufficiency of national annual appropriation to meet the capital and infrastructure commitments of the Nigerian government.

It sped up the execution of certain strategic infrastructure projects essential to the growth of Nigeria’s economy.

The Managing Director of NSIA, Uche Orji, said the Federal Government and the NSIA fund the project. He said other investors might still come in later.

“The NSIA brought some of its own capital and there was also added capital that was provided by the Federal Government and some of the capital (was) from returned loot of General Sani Abacha. That is the funding structure.

“So, as it stands today, it is purely the NSIA and the Federal Government that is the face of the project,” he said.

Mr Orji said compensation is paid as the work progresses, to residents whose properties are affected by the construction.

The construction of the new bridge began on September 1, 2018.

The bridge spans from Asaba in Delta State to Ozubulu, Ogbaru and other communities in Anambra State.

The first Niger Bridge, linking Onitsha and Asaba, was completed in 1965 and built by the French construction company, Dumez.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/521730-weve-spent-over-n157-billion-on-2nd-niger-bridge-so-far-finance-minister.html

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Xscape1993(m): 11:57am On Apr 04, 2022
I will comment on this when your party is out of power next year. I reserve my comments for now.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Adouraa(m): 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2022
mmmm okay
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by slawormiir: 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

I have no doubt though on the money used so far

I got the opportunity to work with national integrated power plant in edo state that year

That was when I realised government dey spend money
Even the workers working in such projects na them dey make government spend that huge a amount by working slow to get enough pay for little work

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by DropsMic(m): 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2022
The finance minister who doesn't speak unless she's handed a paper has spoken.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by updatechange(m): 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2022
The most corrupt minister in Nigeria, I can't imagine the kind of corrupt and sharp practices that's going on under her with 100% backup from the Aso cabals.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by PapaNnamdi: 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2022
Nobody cares,

By February you demonic lots should get the hell out of office,

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by stano2(m): 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2022
Fuvck off

You all are crazyy with your Archaic bridge

3 Likes

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
“For me, I can report to Mr President and say I have seen where all the N157 billion has gone to.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/521730-weve-spent-over-n157-billion-on-2nd-niger-bridge-so-far-finance-minister.html
Ndí Oshí.

3 Likes

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by sanmtiago(m): 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2022
angry

Lately I don't even know how to react to news about our federal government

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Mazisimonekpa(m): 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2022
Soludo 0
Mazi Simon Ekpa 5

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Praktikals(m): 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2022
Buhari is trying hard to please an insatiable tribe.

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Mooh247: 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2022
cool

Ibos would pay back every Kobo with interest

I trust Fashola and his Toll gate systems like that of Lekki - Ikoyi link bridge and road

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by money121(m): 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2022
Ok
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Simplelion: 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2022
I don't blame them, na the angel wey direct me come Nigeria I need to see.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Lordjulius(m): 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2022
Sometimes I just wonder why humans act like animals...well it all ends with death.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by muystoy(m): 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2022
Ole, the monumental fraud that would be unraveled by the time this useless and corrupt regime leaves power will be unprecedented in history, always shamelessly spewing rubbish

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by kiddkash(m): 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2022
looting with audacity

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by ZUBY77(m): 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2022
rogues

This amount can create a railway from Onitsha to Enugu

2 Likes

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by sematec(m): 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2022
Are they building world bridge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by uchaymart(m): 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2022
ko shele ri...............

157Billion for a completed bridge or what?

how much did London Bridge cost the british?

9 Likes

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by MathewOG(m): 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2022
We're still fasting yet you are still telling lie's, may God help me n not the country anymore, cus I'm tired of praying for this useless country i found myself.

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Ololanla: 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2022
This people sha...

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by OdinakaFellipe(m): 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2022
shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by themes009(m): 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Where you been bro! We missed u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by SmartPolician: 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2022
Truth be told, Buhari has tried in terms of delivering infrastructure.

However, the most important thing Nigeria needs now is restructuring because even my grandma can deliver on infrastructure undecided
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by ZUBY77(m): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2022
themes009:

Where you been bro! We missed u

Probably with EFCC

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Pay Highest Tariff Per Kilowatt In Africa’ / Melaye, Adeyemi: A Fresh Test Of Strength / FG Plans Increase Of Freight Rate Of Petrol To ₦9.11 Per Litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.