Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,430 members, 7,861,197 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:49 AM

Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far (13310 Views)

Zainab Ahmed: We Can't Continue, Nigeria Losing N250bn Monthly On Fuel Subsidy / Zainab Ahmed: We Have Identified Plans To Generate ₦18 Trillion Revenue / Meet Zainab Ahmed, Biography, Profile, Age, Finance Minister (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by sanity12(m): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2022
Is that not too small, Why not borrow Money from China to finish the Bridge
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Ykc2(m): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2022
How much is the cost of rails � from kano to niger republic or from Ibadan to to lagos?this the funniest story news from Grammy winning president buhari and his fools in cabinet grin grin grin
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Zulu2022: 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2022
Rubbing it on our face,see looting,nawaoo
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by JAMO84: 12:08pm On Apr 04, 2022
Jo
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by chusynte: 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2022
Praktikals:
Buhari is trying hard to please an insatiable tribe.
What tribe are you, if you proud of your tribe say it let's see. You this bastard without tribe.

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Dest8sman: 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2022
From 2018 till date is almost 4years spent in constructing a bridge less than 2 kilometer

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by gulfer: 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2022
I wonder how this minister passed through accountancy /accounting school and earned certifications because she knows practically nothing about the fiscal matter; how can she go to the bridge and start saying this is how much was spent.....it is not in her remit at all.....let us have the procurement contract that was issued to JB on the bridge since she wanted us to know how much was budgeted and spent so far. We can benchmark using milestone payments that should be the way to go for such contracts if she's yapping about inflation etc. At least, let us see even the change orders that have been initiated for the variances lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by toxtimmy: 12:15pm On Apr 04, 2022
Honestly, corruption starts from your local government and all the way up to the aso rock.
we are the enablers of all this corruption because nigerians are weak people... we fear fear too much... actually northern nigerians are not weak, just everyone else that's why the north rules nigeria and funnel all the wealth up north.

if you like agree or no agree, the north are about the spend billions of dollars to build a Navy barracks and navy training institution in the desert up north where there is no water... it's only weak people this kind of thing dey happen to.

updatechange:
The most corrupt minister in Nigeria, I can't imagine the kind of corrupt and sharp practices that's going on under her with 100% backup from the Aso cabals.

2 Likes

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by frog12: 12:19pm On Apr 04, 2022
FRAUD.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by tempest01(m): 12:21pm On Apr 04, 2022
Audio

You have spent this much. Malami has left his duty and also channelled all the recovered loot to this project as acclaimed.

You are still planning to toll the road.

Thieves.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:34pm On Apr 04, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Ibos would pay back every Kobo with interest

I trust Fashola and his Toll gate systems like that of Lekki - Ikoyi link bridge and road

So Yorubas are paying back every kobo of thr Lekki- Ikoyi link bridge with interest abi

What then is there to gloat about?
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Mooh247: 12:36pm On Apr 04, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

So Yorubas are paying back every kobo of thr Lekki- Ikoyi link bridge with interest abi

What then is there to gloat about?

The gloat is that Lekki Ikoyi serves all ethnicities in Nigeria and everyone pays

90% of users of second Niger bridge are Ibos

Yep that's the point of gloating and taunting

Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by JOemmy(m): 12:37pm On Apr 04, 2022
Why are they even overhyping and giving this bridge too much media attention? Is this how all the mega projects completed in the north and west was over hyped?
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2022
Mooh247:

The gloat is that Lekki Ikoyi serves all ethnicities in Nigeria and everyone pays

90% of users of second Niger bridge are Ibos

Yep that's the point of gloating and taunting

So you agree that majority of those who live in Lagos are not Yoruba?

That will then imply that the tag of "No man's land" is correct

However, The bridge links five Eastern states and Six SS states together. So I wonder where your assertion of 90% Ibos is coming from

Does that mean the whole of the SS region is just 10% of the population?
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by obiekunie01: 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2022
THIS BRIDGE IS JUST 1.6KM FA!

THERE IS NO RAIL LINE ON THE BRIDGE OO!!

NO METAL TRUSS OO!

JUST A SIMPLE CONCRETE BRIDGE ACROSS A DISTANCE OF 1,6KM IS COSTING MORE THAN 150 BILLION ALREADY

AND TAKING CLOSE TO SEVEN (7) YEARS TO CONSTRUCT!

BESIDES, WE WERE MEANT TO UNDERSTAND THAT JULIUS BERGER IS BUILDING THIS BRIDGE ON CONCESSION HENCE THE TOLL GATES!

SO HOW COMES FED GOVT STILL SPEND ALL THESE MONEY IF THE BRIDGE IS BUILT ON CONCESSION??

I AM SERIOUSLY NOT UNDERSTANDING!
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Mooh247: 12:45pm On Apr 04, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

So you agree that majority of those who live in Lagos are not Yoruba?

That will then imply that the tag of "No man's land" is correct

However, The bridge links five Eastern states and Six SS states together. So I wonder where your assertion of 90% Ibos is coming from

Does that mean the whole of the SS region is just 10% of the population?

80% of people in UAE are foriegners and UAE isnt no man's land

Have you ever seen an Oil rich SS man stress himself travel about to look for furtune that he controls in his background?!
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Ajehkpako4naija(f): 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
“For me, I can report to Mr President and say I have seen where all the N157 billion has gone to.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/521730-weve-spent-over-n157-billion-on-2nd-niger-bridge-so-far-finance-minister.html
The amount is not up to 90billion, the rest has entered individual acct.. barawos
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Advocate500: 1:01pm On Apr 04, 2022
Second niger bridge, the conduit pipe used in milking igboman since 1999.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 04, 2022
This one na "Neat Hammer" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by aribisala0(m): 1:37pm On Apr 04, 2022
How much did her inspection visit cost?
I thought Fashola and the Chief of staff inspected last month?
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by aribisala0(m): 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2022
obiekunie01:
THIS BRIDGE IS JUST 1.6KM FA!

THERE IS NO RAIL LINE ON THE BRIDGE OO!!

NO METAL TRUSS OO!

JUST A SIMPLE CONCRETE BRIDGE ACROSS A DISTANCE OF 1,6KM IS COSTING MORE THAN 150 BILLION ALREADY

AND TAKING CLOSE TO SEVEN (7) YEARS TO CONSTRUCT!

BESIDES, WE WERE MEANT TO UNDERSTAND THAT JULIUS BERGER IS BUILDING THIS BRIDGE ON CONCESSION HENCE THE TOLL GATES!

SO HOW COMES FED GOVT STILL SPEND ALL THESE MONEY IF THE BRIDGE IS BUILT ON CONCESSION??

I AM SERIOUSLY NOT UNDERSTANDING!
They claim that they also constructed 11 km of motorway and Owerri Interchange
I no know book o
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by hush15: 1:45pm On Apr 04, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
“For me, I can report to Mr President and say I have seen where all the N157 billion has gone to.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/521730-weve-spent-over-n157-billion-on-2nd-niger-bridge-so-far-finance-minister.html

127 billion on bridge! That is just the cost this administration has incurred on the bridge and there no sign that it will be delivered before next year election.

Lagosians, that's going to be the case of the 4th mainland bridge if we allow this pathetic government to continue post 2023
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by ButterBurger: 1:47pm On Apr 04, 2022
Oh so na still so far.
Wehdone.
Ah know say na 1 billion dollars una still dey aim to complete it.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by jevic(m): 1:52pm On Apr 04, 2022
If you want, spend 1trillion naira. Let the contract be completed.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:18pm On Apr 04, 2022
Mooh247:

80% of people in UAE are foriegners and UAE isnt no man's land

Have you ever seen an Oil rich SS man stress himself travel about to look for furtune that he controls in his background?!

I'll grant you that UAE isn't no man's land. But UAE is an independent state which makes its own laws about who is a citizen and who is not. Lagos on the other hand is a state in a country called Nigeria and is therefore subject to the laws of Nigeria as to who is a citizen and who is not. According to the laws of Nigeria, A Nigerian who has spent more than 8 years in a state or LG, or own land, can automatically be a citizen of that place. So you see now, that if majority of people in Lagos are not Lagosians by birth, they are indigenes and Lagos can be rightly characterized as no man's land.

How many SS indigenes own oil wells? Most of them are poor, with their lands polluted and unfit for agriculture and thus, scattered all over the country too. When they travel home, they pass the bridge too and pay just as Yorubas who reside in SE and SS pay too. So how do you then justify 90% Ibos using the bridge when even your people will also pay while they pay in Lagos too?
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Praktikals(m): 2:23pm On Apr 04, 2022
chusynte:

What tribe are you, if you proud of your tribe say it let's see. You this bastard without tribe.
I can tell you re from the tribe who wake their fathers with hot slaps.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by NaijaDonCast(m): 2:23pm On Apr 04, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

I have no doubt though on the money used so far

I got the opportunity to work with national integrated power plant in edo state that year

That was when I realised government dey spend money
Even the workers working in such projects na them dey make government spend that huge a amount by working slow to get enough pay for little work
me I feel say na only bombing and HK you hold stand
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Mooh247: 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I'll grant you that UAE isn't no man's land. But UAE is an independent state which makes its own laws about who is a citizen and who is not. Lagos on the other hand is a state in a country called Nigeria and is therefore subject to the laws of Nigeria as to who is a citizen and who is not. According to the laws of Nigeria, A Nigerian who has spent more than 8 years in a state or LG, or own land, can automatically be a citizen of that place. So you see now, that if majority of people in Lagos are not Lagosians by birth, they are indigenes and Lagos can be rightly characterized as no man's land.

How many SS indigenes own oil wells? Most of them are poor, with their lands polluted and unfit for agriculture and thus, scattered all over the country too. When they travel home, they pass the bridge too and pay just as Yorubas who reside in SE and SS pay too. So how do you then justify 90% Ibos using the bridge when even your people will also pay while they pay in Lagos too?

I guess your state is also No man's land since you have non indegenes as residents init?!
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by rafcrown(m): 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2022
THE REAL VALUE SHOULD BE LESST THAN N100B,2023 ELECTIONS MONEY AND CORRUPTION 157B NAIRA
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by Kkings11: 2:36pm On Apr 04, 2022
Jackfarrow:
To learn hacking checkout my signature

✅✅
please call me when you see this. 08184569602
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by derecho(m): 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2022
Not sure I can count up to 5 ministers under Buhari.
The one I can readily remember is Lai Mohammed
Re: Zainab Ahmed: We Have Spent Over ₦157 Billion On Second Niger Bridge So Far by pafra(m): 3:06pm On Apr 04, 2022
JOemmy:
Why are they even overhyping and giving this bridge too much media attention? Is this how all the mega projects completed in the north and west was over hyped?

If you dey go Onitsha market, you go know say no be overhyp.

Crossing the bridge can take you 3 hours from asaba to Onitsha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cross River State Has Not Banned Devotion In Schools –SSG / Saraki Joins Other Muslims To Pray For Nigeria (Photo) / ICPC Recovers Three Ambulances, 500KVA Transformer From Senator Buruji Kashamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.